The Animal Within

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So, Mr. Warlock? what's your answer?" Said Peter almost impatiently looking at Vex, because he had sensed another party approaching them. He had a strong sense of smell that he had sharpened and trained by tracking down dead bodies,witches, werewolves, and all other atrocities. He called them atrocities because he hated their existence.

She listened in on their conversation, and the boy with the crossbow's next words made her smile, she knew who the warlock was now. Grinning she crawled a couple branches lower, wanting to get closer so that she wouldn't have to focus as much on using her hearing abilities. Sylvia let out a soft sigh and chuckle as the pieces fit together. A boy carrying a crossbow and talking so uncaringly towards such a powerful warlock. The kid was a hunter. Sighing she leaned her back against the trunk of the tree as she perched herself on the branch, her body positioned like a frog. She could sense and see the hatred burning in his veins and this made her blood boil with excitement.

Sylvia licked her lips, and grinned exposing her teeth, each individual one just as sharp as the last, Her canines though were slightly longer that the rest, as she curled her tongue around one of them, closing her parted lips with a soft smirk. "You two are so lucky I couldn't feed last night" She mumbled softly under her breath even though she was just talking to herself she still referred to them as 'you two'.

Closing her eyes, she pulled her hood further over her face so the sun wouldn't touch her skin, just focusing in on listening to their conversation.

Reactions: Uchiha Obito
It wasn't long before Anna was comfortably changed into clothes that belonged to herself. She hadn't seen Ingrid since the two had their small incident in the basement. Leaving the house Anna slowly made her way into town. An array of thoughts scattered through her mind. First and foremost she was infuriated with what Ingrid had decided to do. In truth, Anna wasn't sure what summoning Anubis would do to her especially with what Ingrid had already done. She would find out soon, the second night of the full moon approached. Simply hours away, Anna was already uncomfortable in her skin.

Everything that had happened so far still confused her. Why had Ingrid made her follow the shifter? Who were all these other people? Was everyone connected because of Ingrid? That could never be a good thing. Anna simply shook her head and drove on, jaw tightly clenched. She wanted to ask Ingrid about it, but she was worried, what would happen if she did ask? Anna had never allowed herself to react the way she did an hour ago; Ingrid had too much control and now Anna feared for what would follow.

Her grip on the steering wheel was tight as she entered the core of the town. They had quite a bit of tourism all year round, so when Ingrid needed someone it was easy to just take anyone. It was one of the reasons the coven had settled in this town. Dark magic came with a price, and this town usually had anyone and anything they needed.

Reactions: Uchiha Obito
Vex liked to keep people waiting. What was wrong with using a little silk speech here and there? The power of influence was a gift. One he was very lucky to acquire. " My answer, Peter. Is yes. Under one condition. You must swear that once I help you locate the killer you will stop hunting. Or, if you won't agree to that. Then let me train you in the art of hunting. Because hunting doesn't always have to end in death. Especially with innocent creatures such as myself." He flashed him a sarcastic grin and then shouted to the nearby onlooker without even looking at her. " Sylvia, please stop eavesdropping. It's quite rude, don't you think?"

She released a soft sigh, crawling down the branches as if she were a feral creature before she cautiously made her way over, frowning as she looked over the two up close. She remained a decent distance from peter and Vex so as to stay in the darkest shadow surrounding him. "Well warlock. I feared you would have found me, I could just feel it in your aura. Only mine doesn't seem to be very ignorable either."

Sylvia tucked a strand of her deep crimson hair behind her ear with a shrug as she held her hand out, white gloves concealing her petite fingers. "Now what I think is important is. Do you consider this sweet innocent child killer a friend or a foe." She had been referring to herself of course but she was darkly interested in what he might choose.

It was nothing hidden that her power'saura was dark and chaotic but she held her ground, knowing that she could probably escape if she needed too.

Vex was slightly puzzled as to why she would ask that, considering if she were a foe, he would have already attacked her. He hesitated before acting. He was always on guard for hidden dangers. His mother, before he killed her, used to say "better to be paranoid and crazy than to be oblivious and sane."

"That is to be determined, madame. As of right now I see no reason to be hostile. Please though, stop addressing me as 'warlock'. Especially when you're already familiar with my name and what I am capable of."

Vex sometimes wondered what it would be like to work for the Magic Council again. He definately liked the hunting and killing things that didn't belong. He could tell that if he still was the Council's dog then she would certainly be on the list. But now he was an outlaw. He had killed the second in command of the Council and was to be killed on sight. He did not fear death. But he would surely like to avoid it.

"I may know your name Vex but you are a warlock and if I remember correctly... we had quite a bit of fun way back when. That stupid council being the most stupid and corrupt systems on this planet. If you were still on their side, you would consider me a foe. if not, you would consider me a friend. But no. I am going to call you warlock, the nickname suits you better... warlock" She grinned, leaning her back against the trunk of the tree closest to her but her hand remained outstretched in his direction.

"I'm glad to know you haven't attacked me yet, that is always a good sign." Sylvia bit her lip as her elongated canines lightly peirced the skin of her lipw causing it to bead with blood. "And just so you're aware Ve-... warlock... I'm fairly certain your friend over there is food..." Grinning she emit a light chuckle. She wasn't particularly tall but she wasn't to be mistaken as weak nor was she to be taken lightly. Sylvia was just joking of course because in her state she wouldn't dare take Vex on in a fight, nor any witch or warlock for that matter and Vex seemed to be at least a little protective of this man. Even if he wasn't she wouldn't take the chances.

Vex took her hand in his and kissed it. He then observed her. She was cute to say the least. Actually she was gorgeous. Red hair, average height, slender and curvy body, and her lips.... Something about them drew him in. She was also dangerous, not that he didn't like danger.

"Sylvia, you strike my interest. You attempt to nudge me with what appears to be a pet name, yet you know my power. You've been alive long enough to see the war. It's odd and fascinating that you would attempt to treat me as a lesser than you. No disrespect but please, do not call me anything but Vex. The same for you Peter. With the snap of my fingers I could send you to the sun, I'm assuming that wouldn't feel well for either of you. Especially you Sylvia. Peter is off the diet. But if you're that hungry come find me later, I don't mind sharing."

Vex chuckled and tried to lighten the mood up a bit. He had just threatened her. Although she may not stand a chance against him. She knew people that even Vex was afraid of. He was not as immortal as he seemed.

Peter wore a light grin on his face and raised his eyebrow at Vex. "Train me huh? well i guess you're never too experienced to learn something new. I accept your condition." Now Peter trusted no one, and he sure as hell wasn't trustworthy himself and had already thought of abandoning this "treaty", once his objective had been fulfilled. He raised his guard up again and aimed his crossbow at the approaching female, or at least that's what she looked like to him. He watched her with caution as she approached them, and listened to their conversation, still aiming his crossbow.

Peter was oblivious of what this whole "council" thing was, but, nevertheless, he continued to listen hoping he would at least catch one end of the thread.

"I wouldn't recommend eating me, i taste like crap. And if you don't believe my words, then you can ask your fellow werewolf freaks, they have already had a few bites of my flesh after all." He said revealing a huge scar on his face, which was one of many others, whose bloody sight covered numerous parts of his body.

Last edited:
Vex tensed up a bit when Peter aimed the crossbow at Sylvia. "Peter put the crossbow down. Sylvia knows better than to disobey me. As for tracking this person I'll need a brush with the victims hair on it or something that was important to her."

Vex removed his grimoire from his back pocket and made it grow to full dictionary size. He then opened it to a blank page and removed a dagger from his weapon belt and sliced open the palm of his hand to let the blood drip on the page of the grimoire. When the blood hit the page it began to swirl and form words.

"I suppose it's time to get started. Sylvia, sorry about the blood. Next time I shall warn you."

Peter lowered his long range weapon, as a form of temporary trust between him and Vex, and took a few steps back after seeing what he had done. "That is some crazy witchcraft man." he said feeling a bit amazed. Peter acted cautiously when Vex cut his palm, because he knew what blood did to these creatures. He knew how crazy it drove them and how hungry they became the minute its scent entered their noses, and even though that female, Sylvia, looked harmless, he couldn't ignore the fact that she might be blood thirsty.

Parking her car in one of the town owned lots Anna stepped out. Locking the vehicle behind her she shover her hands in her pockets as she came out onto the main street of their quaint little town. If Anna still had her magic the job would've been ten times easier. But Anna had never been that lucky in life. Checking the time on her phone she slid the device back into her pocket with a small groan. It would definitely be a few hours before she even got a chance to find someone. Walking to the nearest coffee shop she ordered and took a seat. She was in no rush, might as well enjoy the good coffee.

Vex glared at Peter. "You're easily amazed, aren't you? Now quickly give me something that belonged to the girl that was killed. I don't have all day. I need to meet up with someone very soon. We warlocks are very busy creatures."

Vex then spoke to the grimoire. "A tracking spell is what I seek. The murderer of this girl is what I want to peek."

The grimoire replied in an old ancient voice. "If you wish to find the one who did this deed. Then I require more than for you to bleed."

Peter felt a fiery anger inside him. He hated being talked to like that and he hated when people rushed him to do things. But, he calmed himself down for the sake of finding out the truth. "I'm not sure what you mean. I really don't possess anything that belonged to the girl, and what is this, a poetry club?" He replied sarcastically referring to the rhyming chants of the grimoire.

She grinned when vex kissed the back of her hand and pulled it back frowning at his threat. She then turned to face the man with a crossbow and chuckled, "In my current condition I'm more in it for the nutrience, and people's tastes are different so you never know... Plus... Never compare me to those mutts." She watched vex do his magic and inhaled sharply, bringing her hand to her mouth, "Christ Vex!?" She closed her eyes and inhaled his scent and licking her lips. She still remembered the distinctness of its smell and god was it practically intoxicating to hold herself back on an empty stomach.

"Way to be insensitive vex" she looked up to face him, her hood sliding from her head, her eyes a glowing red. She slowly brought her hand down and crossed her arms over her chest and sighed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vex sighed irritability. He wanted to help but he was running short on time. Damnit. He needed to think. How could he track this girls killer.... Wait! He hadn't tried it much but he was fairly certain it would work.

"Fine then. Have you touched the girl after she died? Please say yes. And no I was not writing poetry, I did that in the 18th century. I was talking to my grimoire. The only way she'll respond is through rhymes."

He looked at peter pleadingly. He needed this to work. While he waited for a reply he turned his attention toward Sylvia.

"I'm sorry, Sylvia. I'm so used to working with blood that I hadn't thought twice about it this time. I would never, princess. I know your power. Compared to the leeches, my dear, you're a beautiful and elegant vampire bat. I've known your family for decades, they're one of the few people that I trust. Which means a lot, considering I don't trust many." Vex looked into her eyes with a stare that begged forgiveness.

"Now that you mention it, i did touch her" answered Peter. He then fixed his eyes on Sylvia. He liked her playful, almost lustful personality, and even though he couldn't bring himself to trust her, she somehow caused him to consider it with the way she talked to Vex. " So you must hate those freaks too huh?" he asked her.

"Its fine vex, you wouldn't purposely make me bloodthirsty just for the consequences it might bring. And seeing as how the two people here are off limits... I'll just have to make sure not to slack off like I did last night. Though, if I knew I would be seeing vex today, I would have feasted till I was full... The blood of a witch or a warlock is very powerful." She smirked at vex, closing her eyes to take another inhale of his scent before continuing playfully, "and sooo sweet."

She turned to peter and sighed, "Let's put it this way, one of their jobs is to eliminate my kind, after all, we are dangerous and wish to spread chaos. And witches or warlocks on the council want to use our power for selfish reasons. Which is why I adore vex so much, he was kicked out but its safe to say him and my family are on good terms now." She grinned a bit and cocked her head to the side, curious as to why vex was feeling so rushed. "Vex, where are you so eager to get to?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Vex looked at Peter and smiled. "Good. Now I need you to take this knife and cut a piece of your skin off, only where you touched her."

He then bit his lip. "When did I say I was off limits?" He then grinned at her promiscously. "Sylvia, the reason I'm in such a rush is because a very powerful witch is casting a level one tracking spell on me right now. If she finds me, she'll send a pack of shifters after me. I wish to avoid them if possible. And her because I have to admit. I'm scared." He looked at the ground waiting for her to insult him and his cowardice.

" Wow Vex, you make it sound like cutting my flesh off is a very simple task!" Said Peter sarcastically and pulled out a machete from his backpack. He then cut a small piece of flesh after a small scream of agony. "Here, if this doesn't work i will kill you." He handed him the skin and waited.

Status
Not open for further replies.