The Animal Within

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter still didn't believe Vex. Whatever he...and his companion ,were doing in this room before he arrived, involved bloodshed, and not just any blood, it was innocent blood. Peter could tell out of experience. But, regardless of all that, Peter nodded at Vex and took a seat as he watched him enter the bathroom and shut the door behind him. His curiosity was eating him up. He really wanted to see who was hiding in there, but Peter was well raised and he respected other people's privacy. So he just sat there and rocked the chair back and forth waiting for him to come out.

Last edited:
Sylvia listened as vex talked to peter, envious of how easily he handled other people. While she wanted to tear his head off, vex just told him to take a seat so they could talk in a bit. She heard the seal begin to die off and she smiled, watching as it burned to ash. She didn't flinch when it completely opened up and he walked in. She took a few steps towards him so that she could take the clothes from his hands, "I know hes her vex... And don't worry, if you didn't want to see, you wouldn't have done it. Its just nudity... I'm sure you have seen plenty of it over the years. " she gave an innocent grin even though he wasnt looking.

She nudged him out and slid the clothes on, they were a little big but otherwise were fine. She stepped out and grinned at peter warmly. She tried to hide the dislike in her smile but her body was practically shaking. Blood stained her entire left hand and dripped down her chin. It was her blood but that didn't change the fact that it would look bad through peters eyes. "Hey there... Sorry I never properly introduced myself. I am Sylvia." She continued to eye him suspiciously before turning to vex. "As far as my... Food goes... I am perfectly fine with doing it tonight. You really don't need to get me anything... I've never done well with the bags." She turned back to Peter. Hopeful that he wouldn't do anything stupid after hearing her say that. She didn't care much about human lives seeing as how she sometimes ended them. Not that she killed them just because she wanted too, It had just become a part of who she is. She was dangerous and held no regard for others life because most of them wanted her dead anyway. She just killed them first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vex walked out with a grin on his face. Was she.....flirting with him? He'd have to dig deeper into that later. He walked over to the bed and took a seat. Paying no attention out of how suspicious Peter was. He looked at Peter and waited for Sylvia to come out and introduce herself to Peter. When she sat down. Vex took a few minutes to gather himself before he began his speech.

"Sylvia, after all these years, don't you think I know that? I wasn't talking about bags. I'd never offer you bags."

He winked at her and then turned his attention to Peter.

"Peter, who was this girl that died and what are you involved in? Because I saw something that I shouldn't have seen and I need to know all the details before I give you an answer you think you want but I know for a fact as soon as I tell you, you'll One: either tell me I'm lying or Two: Beg me for help. So you need to put all cards on the table right now or else I swear I'll give you to Sylvia for interrogation, something you do not want."

Vex brushed his long black hair out of his eyes and checked his watch. Almost time.

Last edited:
Reactions: shakenSilences
She shuffled uncomfortably at what his said and frowned... "Yeah but... Finding me food is weird. Its like getting someone a Christmas present, only what's inside is something that belongs to them but it was wrapped up and given to them anyway." She sighed a bit, "plus... Wouldn't that require me to ..." She took a noticeable gulp before continuing, "eat in front of you... That's weird too..." She whimpered and sighed before letting him say what he needed to peter. She listened to him carefully and smirked widely at peter when he said she could interrogate him. How exciting. She would enjoy doing whatever she wanted to Peter just to make him speak... She almost didn't want him to say anything.

The chair stopped rocking the minute they came out. Peter looked at Sylvia suspiciously. What was all that blood doing on her hand and lips? he asked himself. "I'm Peter, 'pleasure." he said and looked away from her slowly. He turned to Vex and gave a fake smile beneath the mask, pretending he didn't know what they were talking about, Bags? blood stained flesh? The obvious scent of a red warm liquid? what else could they have been doing in here? he asked himself before postponing his suspicions. Peter gave a frantic sigh at Vex's question, and took the hood off his head, leaving only his mask of bandages. His eyes that were filled with confidence a while ago, suddenly retreated back to a state of sadness and discomfort, not because he was afraid of Vex's threats of interrogation, nor because he feared vampires, but because that incident in which that person...the girl was involved, was his only weakness in this world.

"I guess there is no helping it, i will brief you in on what had happened, both of you...but, first, don't you think we should tend to your starving friend here?" said Peter and tilted his head slightly backwards looking at Sylvia with half closed, angry eyes. Peter was only twenty years old, but he had spent the past two years of his life studying the creatures of the night, and is now fully aware of almost all of their secrets, especially what they look like when they're hungry. "You're starving aren't you? Tell me Sylvia, do you not feel an untameable urge to lunge at my neck and suck me dry right now?" he gave a confident smirk before exposing his neck to her. "Does the sight of blood surging through my veins not entice you? hmm?".

Last edited:
She raised an eyebrow at Peter's comment, confused as to why he was concerned about her hunger. Seeing him merely lean his head back was enough to drive her crazy right now but then he exposed it fully as he spoke to her. Egging her on in the worst way. She wanted to turn to vex for help but she couldn't bring her self to look away from peter. Her mind going blank other than the steady beat of his heart, her eyes going from violet to orange in an instant. Her lips parted and her teeth became sharp ... although only her canines elongated past her lip. Nobody was trying to talk her out of it, at least she didn't think so. It was hard to think or do anything really... The loud rhythmic thudding was just too damn loud... Too damn distracting...

She licked her lips hungrily, anger found in her expression. Her body was shaking, she was doing what she could... Trying so hard not to lunge at him. Sylvia backed away a step her legs buckled beneath her. She fell onto her knees and soon to all fours as her breathing turned to panting. It was so hard to fight it... Her throat was dry and felt as if it were igniting fires deep within. It hurt to hold back so much but she wouldn't be able to much longer. And she didn't because next thing she knew she was beside him, itching for a taste.

He smiled at his success at provoking her. All he wanted to do was prove that he controlled her, at that moment at least, her moment of hunger, her moment of weakness. He didn't really fear being bitten by her sharp teeth because his body was practically armored with hidden traps and weapons. Wooden stakes would set off and fly towards any vampiric threat to his neck. He also had poisonous garlic gas, acid, and all sorts of weapons for each creature, but he didn't say a word, he merely sat still waiting for her to take action while monitoring her with the corner of his eye.

Last edited:
She had a feral look in her pulsing ember eyes. She crawled into a position behind him, one arm wrapping gently around him to rest over his heart the other reaching up to lightly fondle his hair. Every hint of contact she had with him was gentle, cautious. Her entire being craved this as she leaned her head lightly into the crook of his neck. She Nuzzled him, savoring the way it felt to hold a warm creature in her arms, to inhale the sweet scent of a humans blood. Listening closely to his loud heartbeat. She seemed to have no intentions of biting peter.... Not yet at least. She trailed kisses up and down his jugular, stopping over his pulse and letting out a soft whimper. Her skin was cold to the touch but soon enough she lightly began to run her tongue over his skin. No warmth emanating from her mouth as the area went numb beneath it.

Even though he was almost fearless, he couldn't help but feel a little anxious. Her cold touches caused his skin to crawl and the hair on his arms to stand firmly. Her lips and tongue were seductive. Him being attacked by a vampire was unprecedented , and he never thought it would feel this alluring! He froze in his seat and closed his eyes in pleasure as images from his past surged through his mind. Flashes of being in bed with a curly haired brunette who kissed his neck, along with a soft, subtle voice that said "I love you Petey!" drove him mad and snapped him out of the trance Sylvia had put him under. This wasn't supposed to happen. He was supposed to be the one in control here, and yet, the exact opposite occurred.

He opened his eyes, and put his hood back on trying to hide the tear drop that ran down his face. He stood up and took a step back. A sharp wooden stake began to slide out from beneath the part of the cloak that covered his arm. He then took a defensive stance which spoke out clearly 'Playtime is over.'

Last edited:
Vex had zoned out. He was having another vision. This one of Sylvia dead in his arms. When he came back to reality he saw Peter standing up with a stake in his hands and Sylvia practically drooling for his blood. Vex flew from his seat, literally. His eyes turned black and the lights began to flicker on and off, some even burst. Outside, it began to rain. Vex's skin began to become pale and wind started blowing in the room. Vex was levitating above the ground and the entire room shook. He had a grim look on his face.

"Enough! There will be no weapons drawn in this room. Sylvia, wait outside! Peter put the damn weapon away. Do as I ask or face my wraith. " Vex shouted loudly and he used magic to make his voice boom.

She felt the way his body fluxuated from tense to eased as she caressed him with cold, shiver inflicting touches. For the most part, bloodsuckers enjoyed having the upper hand, having power and superiority, especially when feeding. This desire can be sated in a couple ways. There were several vampires out there that reveled in the pain of their victim. That did nothing to ease the pain merely to hear them scream in agony. Sylvia though, rarely did that. She preferred the helplessness she could enforce upon someone just by caressing them. The strength she felt when rendering a man or woman powerless beneath her icy touch gave her a sense of dominance she couldn't ignore. The effect she had on most people usually made her giddy with excitement and only served to make her plummet deeper into the bloodlust. There was a time when Sylvia tormented the living one bite at a time. One glass shattering scream after the other. And every plead she heard from a victim pulled her deeper into a black abyss tha made her the dark creature she is now.

Soon though peter tensed beneath her, another soft whimper escaping her. The whimper bloomed in the back her dry throat. Her body's way to beg and plead out of pain. Desire. Need. Hunger. Desperation. Excitement. Sylvia never stopped gently playing with his soft strands of hair. And after a while began to rub her thumb up and down over his heart. The echoing thuds of it only getting louder only egging her on further when he pulled away, sliding from her cold embrace with ease. She tensed as his warmth left her and she hugged herself, her body undergoing horrible torture. The never ending thumping beat of his heart pulsing blood beneath that oh so sweet smelling skin of his. The hunger that burned her throat and made her body weak. The sharp ends of her fangs pressing into her own flesh but not enough to draw blood only showed how utterly desperate she was to sate the bloodlust he gave her. But when he turned around all she could see was the stake causing her body to shudder.

Sylvia could barely function, her mind fogged from unfading hunger. Her anger was visible in her gaze as she felt herself slipping. He wanted to do this to her, make her struggle with every fiber of her being until she became a bloodthirsty animal. He had probably been looking for an excuse to drive a stake into heart the second he saw her. She growled and fell to her hands and knees again in utter distress. She wanted more than anything to kill peter for doing this to her but that would mean falling prey to her instincts and she wouldn't let herself do that. Sylvia's pale porcelain skin didn't look as elegant and perfect as it normally did. Instead it looked sickly as sweat beaded grossly to her body and she whimpered at the way she felt. She just wanted it to stop.

Soon enough though Vex started using magic telling her to wait outside but she couldn't bring herself to do it. All she could think about was the way it would feel to have the warm red liquid fill her mouth then drizzle thickly down her throat. She thought about the heat it would provide her cold body. To her surprise, she suddenly didn't feel weak anymore but her mind had gone blank aside from the two beating hearts of the living and one word.

Blood.

Sylvia pushed up into a frog like squat and stared emotionlessly at the two of them. He pushed her. She buckled under the stress. The person sitting in the room with them was still Sylvia but only just. Her goal before this moment was to resist her urges but now the only thing she wanted was to feed. Her eyes were the same pulsing orange but, for some reason, they looked more lifeless than they ever have.

She eyed vex hungrily before speaking in a voice that sounded cold, almost calculating. "I am not going anywhere Vex." She bared her fangs before continuing, "So... who's first?" She stood up, and looked at the two of them as if they weren't even actual people, a soft smirk crawling onto her lips as her eyes drifted from peters neck to vex's. There her gaze stopped and she curled her tongue around her fangs. "What about you vex... Do you volunteer?" Sylvia gazed upon him as if she were eying her prey, no recognizable signs that she saw him as vex, a close friend. But she knew he would do just about anything for her to help her... She just hoped this wouldn't be an exception for him

Peter wasn't startled by Vex's act of rage, but he had respect for him. He considered Vex an elite warlock who could anihilate him had he ever dared to fight back. Warlocks were the strongest amongst Peter's hitlist, and were the last race he would ever think of eliminating.
He looked around at the trembling room and pulled the stake back in. "Calm down Vex. I mean this girl no harm, I was only being cautious. I mean,you know how thirsty for blood they can get." Peter had an honest look in his dark brown eyes when he said those words, but deep down he was lying. A mere act he managed to pull off to hide the fact that earlier, he had tried to use intelligence to create an excuse to kill Sylvia, by using the thing that weakened her the most had it been kept away from her, her source of life, blood!
He looked at the now shivering Sylvia before she switched to an animal like stance, and smiled. He gave a frantic sigh and pulled a bottle out of his backpack. The bottle was transparent. So transparent that even a blind man would be able to see its contents. A dark red liquid was oozing out of its cap. Its scent would surely lure in any vampire from any distance. "Here, drink up." He said as he tossed her the bottle. He was completely positive that drinking the blood inside it, would satisfy her thirst...well, maybe not as satisfying as sucking it out of a person's jugular, but at that moment he had to do something to avoid bloodshed.

Last edited:
She stared at peter then to what he held and caught it, immediately tore the cap off, draining it of its contents. She bit her lips and closed her eyes as she waited for the pain and the dryness to dissipate. The relief never came and when her eyes reopened they were still pulsing. A lump grew in her throat and she clutched her chest before she had a coughing fit. It once again brought her unwillingly to her knees as the blood came out into heavy spurts from her lips. She looked at peter with such unfiltered anger that she didn't know exactly why she was so mad at him. Her hunger was only encouraged by the stale blood, only willing to accept fresh blood. Her skin crawled and she growled like an animal as she maneuvered herself on the bed. She was panting when she spoke again... "I thought I said... I don't... Do well with .... Bags"

Sylvia released what was left in her body with a final cough. Lifting her arms above her head she stretched out as she stood up once more. Blood stained her chin and lips in a very sloppy manner and when she smirked, a droplet of the stale blood trickled down one of her pearly white fangs.

Vex was irritated that Sylvia had not obeyed. He dropped to the floor and walked over to Sylvia and put his hand on her shoulder. He then turned his gaze toward Peter.

"Peter, I am no fool. Even though I zoned out my hearing is still intact. Don't provoke her. Even if you had a supposed reason to kill her, I would not let you. You got it?" He glared at Peter. Peter then threw a blood bottle cat Sylvia. "Peter! No!!" But he was too late. He was starting to think this hunter wasn't worth the trouble. Vex picked Sylvia up and carried her out of the room. He removed a dagger from his belt and cut an incision on his wrist.

"Here, feed. Don't talk just do it. You need it."

Peter smirked because he had another reason for giving her that bottle, and while it might seem to Vex like an act of selfishness on Peter's part, Peter considered it a major scientific discovery. He grabbed the bottle after they had left the room, and took out a scanner. The scanner was designed to save DNA prints, the DNA of those who aren't human, which in this case, was Sylvia's.

Her saliva was what served as a host for the DNA prints this time. Peter put the scanner back in his backpack ,jumped out of the window and ran off into the open streets.

Last edited:
Sylvia squirmid in his arms angrily as she was dropped to the ground she watched him pull out a knife and break the skin. The scent of his blood took control of her and she immediately grabbed his wrist and brought it to her lips drinking heavily and refusing to let even a single drop escape her. Sylvia's fingers aggressively pressed into his skin her body slowly easing as she drank until her touch grew tender and she began to run her fingers lovingly against his arm. Sylvia felt her bloodlust retreating and she could finally recognize what she was doing but the sweet flavor that flooded her mouth was so difficult to pull away from.

Sylvia eventually stopped even though it took her entire focus. She licked the injury trying to numb the pain and to make sure she didn't miss every stray gush of blood. When she was finished she looked up at him with pain and anger. Pain that he had to see her like that and anger at peter for what he did to her. A deep hatred had bloomed inside her for the man named peter and with a soft inhale, she recognized his scent had become faint so she peeked into the once again bloodstained room to find it empty. "Where did he go?"

Vex bit his lips as Sylvia fed on him. It felt euphoric. Most creatures would scream and run but Vex enjoyed it when she fed upon him. A whimper escaped him but he hoped she didn't hear. As soon as she stopped he almost begged for her to keep going. To bleed him dry because his senses and rationality were clouded. When she looked into the room and announced Peter was gone, it made him happy. One less job to worry about.

"Don't know, don't care. He left at his own free will."

He walked into the room and grabbed his belongings. A small dufflebag full of clothes, toiletries, spell crafts, and spell books. He looked up at Sylvia and stared intently in her eyes.

"Hey, you okay? It's nightfall and I need to find a new hotel before the maids find this mess." Vex pulled out his keys and slipped on his leather biker jacket which was a magical jacket that blocked people and creatures from the amount of magic that was inside of him. It made him almost appear human if he didn't have the tattoo of a basilisk on his face, people might think he was human.

Sylvia smiled as he slid the jacket on and she stood up enjoying the warmth in her chest. It had the same effect as if a human were to have a cup of hot cocoa, causing warmth and heat to spread throughout them. Her eyes were gray now and power fluxuated within her, drinking from nonhumans was always so giving of strength. She knew Vex enjoyed letting her feed off him so much to the point it was dangerous. She always had to stop herself before she drank too much because she knew he would never make her pull away. She never wanted to either. She would gladly drain him dry with has sweet and powerful his blood was.

Sylvia hugged him and smiled at his scent, the taste of his blood still lingering in her mouth. "I think I'm gonna go clean up, there is no was I'm going to lick the blood peter gave me off my face... Its so gross and stale..." She gave him a light squeeze before hesitantly releasing him, "You better not leave me again btw... " she trailed off as she stepped into the bathroom grabbing a wash cloth and dipped it under the sinks faucet. She turned the water on and began wiping the blood off her face and wrist. She looked in the mirror and smiled when she saw she was clean. She turned the water off and picked up her soaking wet clothes before returning to vex.

Vex pulled the duffle bag on his shoulder. He opened the balcony door and pulled Sylvia outside and looked at the flashing lights that emanated from the city in front of them. He jumped up on the balcony railing and pulled Sylvia up with him. Then they leaped, falling from over 200 feet was exhilarating. They fell like beautiful, light, and fragile leafs but were anything but. Before they hit the ground, Vex slowed time around them so they gently landed on the sidewalk. Most humans were unable to see magic and other things like this. The Veil covered it. Werewolves looked like simple dogs. Vampires feeding looked like lovers caressing each other. Warlocks falling looked like they had never fell but had always been there. The Veil protected humans from things they couldn't comprehend. That's why, by magical law enforced by the council, humans were off limits for killing. The main reason why Vampires were so scorned upon by the council. He put his
hand in Sylvia's and pulled out his car keys to his all black with white leather interior Porsche 911 turbo. He popped the trunk and put his duffel bag in the back. He then pressed another button and the passenger door opened. He looked at Sylvia and smirked.

"Hop in, we're heading to the club. I need an army." Vex then closed the trunk and slipped into the two seater car. He switched on the engine and revved it twice. He then turned on the radio and played Beethoven.

Sylvia held onto him tightly as they fell to the ground and her legs almost buckled at the solid ground suddenly beneath her. Due to this she clung to him tightly and braced for the gentle impact. She would never be used to the way this felt, no matter how many times she has done it and will do it in the future. She could still remember the way it felt the first time vex had done this. He had held her hand that time because she was stubborn and didn't want to hug him. They were only kids at the time even if vex was well into the appearance of a teenager and she still looked like she was in elementary school. Sylvia literally fell over and vex just laughed as if he had expected it to happen, giving her grief for not hugging him in the first place. That was so long ago and they were both extremely young but were still far older than any human.

Sylvia grinned as he brought her to the car then shoved her clothes in the trunk with his duffle. He opened the car door and she chuckled at his manners so she spoke again in a teasing tone, "why thank you sir vex" she slid into the seat and raised an eyebrow at what he said next. "An army? What for?" Sylvia's curiosity was peaked, it had been awhile since she stepped foot into the club. Vampires weren't very accepted by any society or creatures, just like any other type of person who hurt humans on a daily basis. Luckily, thanks to vex's blood, she wouldn't have to feed tomorrow night. It was always far more filling than that of a humans, even now she's surprised she hasn't accidently tried to drain him dry more than she has.

Status
Not open for further replies.