The Animal Within

Status
Not open for further replies.
She chuckled licking her lips at him mockingly, her eyes growing darker at his comment before it slowly turned to a frown as he continued. "Vex... Who the hell is after you? How long have you been running from her?" She took another step forward, the urge to insult and tease him muffled from her worry. Her tone was angry and she took a few steps towards him before sighing. There were few people she was this protective of but she had known vex too long just to watch him die at the hands of a stupid witch. "And you? Scared? The oh so powerful warlock that, if he wanted could kill me right now, he probably could. Who is it vex?" She was half teasing him as she continued but was still staring darkly at him with her glowing crimson red eyes.

Vex looked at Sylvia, puzzled. She had never cared this much. Or maybe she had and he hadn't noticed. Damn... Women were confusing. "Sylvia, her name is Ingrid. She scares me because she meddles with things I wouldn't mess with a trillion years. She has unforseen power. I know nothing about her or her origin. I think she's working with the council but I'm not too sure. I don't know what she wants from me and I don't want to find out."

Vex then spoke out loud and casted a spell. "Veriscumus animo prometheurine." As soon as he finished those words fire shot out of the ground and formed into a small ball. When Vex held the palm of his hand open the fire moved so that it was levitating just above the palm of his hand. "PSH Houdini ain't got nothing on me." He winked at Peter. "Now throw your flesh into here."

"Ingrid is after you...? She's one of those witches out for me and my kinds power... I completely understand why you would run from her. I would too if she was after me. Let me help you out though. I'd rather not lose a magic user that doesn't want to kill me. They're good people to have around." She chuckled softly lightening up a bit, returning to her usual self ad acting as if she didn't actually care about him. Like all she cared about was having a warlock on her side. She watched him do his magic and smiled a bit, remembering how amused she used to be by it. She sighed a bit and sucked her lips into her mouth, biting into her skin with her sharp, piercing teeth until she drew her own blood and its taste began to coat her tongue. Soon though she swallowed and it flooded thickly down her once dry throat.

She released her lips and a slight amount of blood dripped from the corner before she quickly licked it up with her tongue. Sylvia knew that her blood could never sate her hunger but at least she wasn't so horribly cotton mouthed anymore. She took a couple steps back so she was once again leaning against the tree before her eyes drifted to Vex's neck, recognizing that being so unprepared for vex's blood before now had left her thirst begging for a taste. It had been so long since she had fed off of him. With him being a warlock, it wouldn't take much of his thick blood to fill her. She shook her head and clenched her hands into fists forcing her eyes back up to meet his. Stop it Sylvia, what the hell are you thinking? She yelled internally at her stupid vampiric urges. Thanks a lot vex, now when I do feed, a single human's blood won't be good enough.

Anna was glad that she had ordered a large coffee. More time for her to waste while she waited for the evening to approach. She was sitting on a bar stool, looking straight through the window onto the street. She watched as people walked around, going about their business. Tourists taking photos with their families and having a fun time. Sometimes she wondered what her life could have been like if she hadn't been raised and lived so many years within the the supernatural underworld. All these people were clueless, unaware of what was literally under their noses, walking and sitting next to them, serving them coffee and food. Shaking her head Anna scoffed. When one of them found out about the truth, they were silenced. So archaic. She took a sip from her coffee as her gaze moved away from the humans and down to the wooden grains and textures the bar was made of.

With another sigh Anna ran a hand through her hair and finished what was left of her coffee. Sliding off the chair she turned around, tossing her cup away on the way out. The door rang as she left the store. 'Here we go...' She thought as she started walking down the street. The woman looked irritated and annoyed, this wasn't something she wanted to do, kidnap a young man or woman just so Ingrid could get her youth back.

The minutes seemed to go in forever. After a bump on her forehead and some slight bruising from banging her head on a tree trunk, Lauren turned, hands behind her head, eyes closed. She would have to return to the city, in hopes the two witches hiding there hadn't left. If she could not find the other witch and woman, she would have to start digging for the truth.
The witches needed people like her for protection. Right? So why was this one so dark, twisted, and torturing Anna? It made no sense. Quickening her pace into a jog, she found her way back to the city. With a heavy heart and too much on her mind, she pushed away the gnawing hunger and headed for the so called club the witches used for hiding.

Peter could notice the 'Sparks' between those two, the warlock and the cold female vampire. He couldn't really gather up a lot of information about them, since they were speaking in the language of mysteries, but Peter did not lack intelligence and would soon find out everything. "Ingrid? Witches? Council? I am far from understanding what you two are blurting out, but i realize that you are my only chance at finding out the truth and having my revenge." He looked at Vex and the beautiful female and threw the piece of flesh he had cut out earlier in the magical fire.

Last edited:
She quickly glanced over at peter and gave an annoyed glance. Quite the first impression he gave her, aiming a crossbow at him. She still didn't trust him but vex seemed to so she wouldn't harm him while he was still under vex's care. But after th itat maybe he would like to join that dead girl he kept talking about. She chuckled softly at her thoughts as he tossed his flesh into the fire. What did he do to get vex to trust him, but she already knew the answer. Vex cared about everyone, its why she wasn't dead right now after all. He wasn't like her, distrustful of everyone she came across in fear that they would come back around to bite her in the ass. This is one reason few of the people she fed on ever lived to see another day because she didn't want them to hold a grudge or expose her or worse... Tell the council of her whereabouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vex pushed aside Sylvia's questions and focused on the spell. He couldn't talk about this in front of Peter. The less he knew, the safer he was. Not that he didn't think he could handle himself but against Ingrid it wouldn't even be a fair fight. He swirled the fire in his hands, closed his eyes and began to chant out loud. He could do it silently but it took way more focus.

"Asferiun Magardna delrexi vi cartiuk bardagi"

The fire changed from an orange to a blue and then to a starch white. Vex's mind flashed with hundreds of images until it stopped on one. Although it wouldn't appear much to most, Vex knew who or rather, what it was. The image was a white silhouette of a man with horns and black flames around him. Vex came back to normal and the fire vanished. That was Abbadon. The demon king. What had he done to cause him to kill her.

"I'm sorry, Peter. The spell didn't work." He lied. "I can no longer help you."

Vex slipped his grimoire in his back pocket and started to walk off. He stopped for a second and then turned around.

"Oh, and Sylvia? Keep yourself safe. I would hate to have to come and rescue you." Vex kept walking while wearing a suprised look on his face.

She shook her head angrily at him and darted behind, grabbing his wrist. As she pranced gracefully after him she was careful not to fall victim to the sun. Her hand clenched tighter around his wrist and she tugged him back. "I thought I said to let me help you. What the hell did you even do to get Ingrid... Of all people... To come after you?" She curled her lips into a disappointed frown. She refused to release him until he agreed to take her with him or he forced her to let go. She gave him a pleading expression when she tilted her head back so she would be facing him again. "Vex... I literally haven't seen you in over a century... I never imagined this is how we would have our ... Reunion" she frowned as at him, anger gleaming in her eyes. For some reason she was mad at him for this.

Vex turned to face her and looked her directly in the eyes. He winced not from the pain of her grabbing his wrist but because of the decision he was about to make. He was usually so business-like but whenever Sylvia was around. He made unrational decisions. He was used to being alone. She was the only one who had ever wanted his companionship. They had banded together about 160 years ago. Things got dangerous and he feared for her life so one day when she was sleeping, Vex gathered his things and walked out. He put a masking spell on himself in hopes that he could keep her out of danger and away from him. Because that's all he was. Dangerous. Guess some things never change.

He spoke to her in the ancient language. "Sylvia, I'm scared for you. I'm scared for me and i don't want to drag you in this...... but...... I need someone else if I'm going to stop the Witch. I'm sorry I'm being so vague and unclear but it's not safe here. What killed the girl thats involved with that hunter is..... not good. It's terrifying. You want to come with me? Wrap your arms around me, now."

She listened to vex go on and on about how he feared for her making her partially roll her eyes at him. He left her because he worried about her? She worried more when her partner left her while she slept soundly through the day light. But then he told her if she wanted come to wrap her arms around him. She nodded and heaved herself against him, her arms embracing him an his warmth. She pressed into his chest and the second she inhaled, his scent filled her and she shuddered, hugging herself closer. She was so small it was weird to think that she was, under all intensive purposes, older than vex. She looked around 16 or 17 at most but there was no doubt that he looked older and had more mature features.

It had been awhile since she heard the language he used but she understood him, and answered him using the same ancient tongue, "I swear to god vex, next time you leave without telling me and have no plans of returning... I will gladly tear your throat out and stuff you in a fridge to save you for later." She squirmed against him until sh e was comfortable and held herself close. "And don't think I am kidding."

Vex was slightly taken aback by how affectionate her embrace was. He smiled a bit, he hadn't smiled in a long. Somehow it felt good.

"I'm calling your bluff. I don't think you could hurt me. You adore me too much, plus from what I heard, old blood is disgusting."

He laughed and then snapped his fingers and they were transported to the hotel room where he was staying. It was very bland. White walls, white bed sheets, white furniture, it was all white. Except for the dead girl on the floor, with a message in an ancient language only warlocks and witches knew. Her throat had been slashed, her hands had knives stabbed through each and where her eyes should have been, nothing was there. She was wearing only underwear and a bra and on her stomach written in blood with the language it read: You cannot run, You cannot hide. If you do not come to me, I will kill everyone you love. Starting with the vampire.

Anna walked the streets as the sun slowly began to set. There were a few options, she could simply go to one of the bars, take her time and see what would happen there. Take a stroll through the park and see if there were any parties going on or any kids drinking and lastly, she could try to just play it stupid and ask for some help with her car in the parking lot. Whatever she did would need to be decided soon. Tonight was the second night of the full moon and she would need to change.

As she made her way towards her car, choosing the play it dumb scenario her cell phone vibrated in her pocket. Pulling the small device out she looked down at it. She made a face. Why did she even need a cellphone, Ingrid could easily speak to Anna directly. Shaking her head Anna picked up the phone. "Hello?" Her voice echoed in the quiet parking lot.

"Anna my dear, don't worry about fetching me anything. Just come back to the manor. I took care of it. Hurry now, you don't wanna get caught under the moon tonight, do you?"

The phone clicked off before Anna could respond. She wasn't sure what the witch had done but she really didn't want to find out. One thing was sure, Ingrid had a point. The last thing Anna needed was to be stuck in town when the change took over. Her feet moved quicker as she got to the car. Getting in, she started the engine and tore off.

Peter got extremely angry when they left. He hated being ignored more than anything! But luckily, he always plans ahead and had already planted a small bug on Vex's body in order to trace him down in case he ever ran away or disappeared without any explanation. "Tch.." he said as he put his hood back on and ran off after them. Peter was extremely agile and was trained by one of the finest masters of free running "Ugh..i really hate it when i have to resort to running" he said lazily as he looked at his beeping GPS.

She snarled at him and hugged herself closer at his comment before kicking him in the shin. "Also you aren't that old..." She grinned as he transported the both of them into the hotel room until the sent of fresh blood filled her and she dug her nails into his skin as her throat became sour and dry with thirst. Her mood changing near immediately she let out a whimper. "V-vex... Why is there so much blood?" With her being the size she was, her face pressed into his lower chest. Anyone could see that she struggled to hold herself back, especially since it was all on an empty stomach.

Blood. There was so much. So much blood it burned her throat.

Focusing on his scent she tried her hardest not to do anything rash. She slid her arms further around him in hopes that he would help with the urges she had but his scent only reminded her of earlier. She gave another whimper but this one was louder.

"Vex, this is getting... Difficult." Her fangs prodruded past her lip at the full length. She never liked it when vex watched her feed. Scared of what he thought about the animal, blood made her become. The only exception was when she fed from him because she was normally calm enough to make her seem like a civilized being. But she wasn't at times like this and her instincts begged her to find the source and feast but she couldn't... Not in front of vex, never in front of vex.​

Vex grabbed Sylvia and busted open the bathroom door. He needed to clean her up but first he had to help Sylvia. He turned on the bathtub and while it was filling he poured a lot of shampoo and other scented products in the tub. He then lit two candles that were in the bathroom. He left her in there and shut the door and put a druid lock seal on the door. He put his head against the door and spoke to her.

"I need you to listen to me very carefully, Sylvia. Take off your clothes and get in the bath tub. I'm going to clean this up. Close your eyes and let yourself drift. Remember when we were younger and there was that dead bear in the woods and you started losing control ? Remember what you did to stop yourself? Do that and calm yourself down. I'll have the place cleaned up in 10 minutes. Then we can talk. I promise."

Vex ran out the door of his hotel room and found the cleaning lady's cart. He grabbed the bleach, the febreeze, towels and stain remover. He rushed back into the room and opened his bag, he pulled out some demonic sulfur land sprinkled it on the girl. Then he reached into his back pocket and grabbed his grimoire and his dagger. He pricked his finger with the dagger and let 5 drops of blood land on the body. He opened his grimoire and spoke to it.

"An audience with a demon is what I need. Show me the words that I must read."

The grimoire replied: "To decompose this body, master. Here are the words to avoid this disaster."

The words appeared on the page and Vex spoke them quietly. The demon appeared and Vex gave him the orders to clean it up along with the blood. The demon agreed and then Vanished. A few demons owed him favors. That was one of them. Vex then covered the room in febreeze and scrbbed the carpets just in case. Dang, the things he did for that girl...

"You can come out when you're ready! Do you need any clothes?" he shouted in her direction. He hoped she was okay.

Last edited:
Sylvia just let him do as he wished, letting him help her like she knew he would. When he released her she was tense and stood there with closed eyes, awaiting his next orders. Several new smells curled their way into her nostrils and her body eased slightly at the sound of running water followed by the sound of a closing door and its Lock. Afterwards, vex started to talk to her in a rushed and nervous voice. When she opened her eyes they were glowing so brightly only the edges were the same crimson shade as before. The interior was like the embers of a fire while her pupils were slits.

She listened to him and followed his instructions obediently. At first though, she couldn't bring herself to move as she stared blankly at the door. Soon enough she began to slide herself out of all of her clothes and slid herself into the bath, still gazing at the door with no emotion in her lost expression. This was how she coped in these situations, she released herself from feeling and constantly screamed at herself internally to break the door down. She wanted too but vex wasn't stupid and he probably knew she might try to break out. So she thought about the bear and it was an unpleasant memory but a familiar one.

The memory was groggy but she needed to do was know ho she stopped herself from practically attacking vex. She turned to the tub and slowly let herself slide in until she was completely submerged. She then brought her wrist to her mouth and bit down as hard as she could. The water slowly turned to a reddish color, foggy with blood.

A while after Sylvia heard his voice faintly as she reemergered.water splashing put of the top and making puddles on the Flor and soaking her clothes. Soap invaded her wound causing her to wince. It stung like crazy. Her nose burned with the smell of shampoo. And in her mouth was that same wretched taste. She did need clothes but she was always so uncomfortable with wearing anyone's but her own clothes.

"Thank you vex... I don't know what I would do without you... I have clothes but I got them wet. I'll take you up on your off offer. Please get me new clothes." She crawled out of the tub blood gushing from her wrist while it trickled down from her captivating purple lips in several different places. From her body dripped the cloudy red water. Her deep crimson hair clinging to her body in several places. She took out her half pony tail and let it all just fall to her waist naturally in a large tangled mass behind her. She sighed softly and awaited vex's calming voice.

Beep beep beeeeeeppp! The GPS was going crazy. "This must be the place, this is where Vex and that blood sucker must be hiding." said Peter and began to scale the building with hooks that clung to the spaces between the building's reddish bricks. His muscles all worked together allowing him to reach the apartment window in seconds. He squatted on the edge of the window with perfect balance. His hoodie was covering his face again, and his mask bandaged half of it. "There you are Vex, i really thought i had lost you...sheesh you reminded me of the days when i used to lose my mom in the mall." Peter dropped down into the room and cracked his fingers before a familiar scent entered his nostrils. Snif snif "You haven't been killing people here have you?" He said with rage burning in his mysterious eyes and looked around trying to find the vampire chick.

She froze at the sound of another's voice, someone familiar but she couldn't quite place it. It was male, angry, disturbed... She didn't like the way he spoke. The aggression. Her eyes widened, it was the hunter. Luckily though, he came at a time that her eyes were retreating to a dull violet. She was under spell of a calmer hunger, one that could be controlled. Depending on how thirsty she was her eyes would change color. A lifeless gray, a dull purple, a glowing crimson or the pulsing shade of embers. Had Sylvia been a human before she was a vampire, she would have the mind of a beast... Untameable and without thought.

Had peter returned any earlier she would be clawing at the door, her body acting through anger. Anger that he followed them; that he dare assume vex would kill someone for the sport. Regret... Regret that she hasn't killed him the second her instincts said not to trust him. She growled under her breath insults of an old tongue lost in the time of war and death, "motem iso matidarah." The words literally meant that man has dead blood. This meant he was untrustworthy and deserved to have his back turned on by society. Sylvia had always enjoyed speaking in this language because few knew it. She doubted Vex even knew it.

Vex ran out of the hotel room and went to a different room that was empty. He found some pants and a T shirt for Sylvia and when he came back in he wasn't suprised to find the hunter, Peter, standing there. He anticipated that he'd follow him. Thhe truth was, he couldn't say what he wanted to say while they were out in the open and vulnerable. He knew their were ears. He didn't want to put anyone else in danger. He smiled at Peter.

"No, don't assume things. Someone left me a..... present. I had to dispose of it because Sylvia would have lost control. Take a seat. I'll only be a second and then we can have the discussion that we need to have."

Vex walked over to the bathroom door and ripped the druid seal off of the door. It burnt up and reduced to nothing but ash. With his eyes closed, Vex walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind him. He held the clothes out to Sylvia.

"Here, I hope these fit. I snagged them from the next room over. Sorry to walk in on you by the way. I wasn't thinking clearly. We have company, Peter's here. Get cleaned up and come on out when you're ready. Take your time. I'll get you some blood in a little while. I know you're hungry."

Vex Bit his lip and waited for her to take the clothes. Keeping his eyes held shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.