The Animal Within

Status
Not open for further replies.
She lay there, and looked up, seeing arrows coming right at her. She was fast, but not that fast, they would certainly hit her, and kill her. She winced, waiting for the inevitable, but the sound of another man made her open her eyes and look back up again, seeing the arrows being sliced in half and knocked off their path. Oh come on, she thought, rolling her eyes. All this fighting was getting old. With a growl, she got up on her four large feet, digging her claws into the ground.
Her muscles bunched and stretched, launching her large figure towards the one who had in a sense saved her, knocking him to the ground. "Can't we just stop this madness, stop fighting?!" she yelled, a white froth appearing around her mouth as she hovered over the man she knocked down, her tail twitching behind her in agitation. she then looked up in the sky to the one who had fired the arrows at them anyways. "And who are you calling freaks of nature? You act like we wanted this!"

Vex looked up at the shifter, suprised that she had jumped on him after he'd just rescued them all. "Wow, you do this to all the guys who rescue you?" He then flicked his wrist and gently pushed her off of him. "I've already had to use so much magic and you people keep causing me to use more and more. I hate living things." Vex then looked back at the shifter girl he'd pushed off of him. "Geez, we haven't even had the first date and here you are, on top of me. I knew I was charming but wow that's incredible." Vex says with a wink and begins laughing hysterically while sliding his dagger into his Equipment belt.

Angered by what they had caused him, Peter adjusted some kind of device on his arm which made him invisible. "Peter, don't turn into your worst enemy." were the words that kept roaming through his head. He took an attack stance from the distance and aimed at the head of the black, cat-like creature.

She looked over at Vex, a look of like "Are you serious?" on the animal's face as he attempted his, flirting? Whatever it was. Ears twitching, she looked up at the one who fired earlier, Peter. "Please.... No more fighting," she begged, the panther form shimmering away, leaving the young woman sitting there. "I don't want to fight anymore," she whispered, almost defeated. After all these years, the hate she was commanded to have for others diminished. She could now see the chaos it brought upon herself. All she wanted was to know the truth between the witches and vampires, why so many wanted people like her dead or enslaved.
She looked back to Peter, taking in a deep breath. "I know you don't want to do this," she said, barely loud enough for him to hear. Then to Vex, a somewhat devilish grin. "And I wouldn't worry about me ever being in top again. You're not my type," she said jokingly, trying to lighten the dark mood within her now. she could feel her emotions running wild, the nervous twitch inside to change, to run, to fight, but she promised to keep it in control.

"Tch.." said Peter sarcastically as he reappeared before them. He was an average looking twenty year old young man. He wore a hoodie that covered half of his face, a pair of black pants and was equipped with complex technical equipment. " I will leave you in peace for the time being, but i will hunt you down, and i will erase you from this world." He said as he puffed the last bit of his cigar and threw it away.

Vex sheathed his sword and looked at the hunter, whos name happened to be Peter. He then started laughing manically. "kid..... if you plan on hunting me or her down... you'll have to get a lot better at what you do. One thing you should get through your hard head is that people like me and her are not the bad guys. I mean sure I probably look like the antichrist but I live to protect others. The only reason I'm here now is because there's a certain someone going around killing witches, shifters, and other creatures that are apart of the Nahrin Treaty. I keep peace. So if you intend to hunt me down, go ahead. But you've been warned. I haven't used a fraction of my power and next time I won't hold back or even hesitate. Oh, and hun? You're not my type either. Ya'see, I'm a warlock in case you haven't noticed. I'm not allowed to date shifters even if I wanted to. Sorry to dissapoint." Vex looked at the girl and smiled harmlessly.

Getting to her feet, Lauren brushed herself off, looking around slowly, then to the hunter, Peter. "Leave us in peace, huh?" she said with a chuckle, shaking her head. She had never known peace in her life after the accident, she was always on the run, hunting the ones who caused the rift in her life. but ever since that man from earlier mentioned his bit about witches not being what she thought, she knew she had to find out everything. Somehow.
She turned from the two of them, laughing to Vex. "No worries, not much to be disappointed about," she replied with a wink, stuffing her hands into the pockets of her pants. Hanging her head, she kicked at some grass and rocks, then started off from them.

"Your threatening tone does not in any way scare me, and I'm no kid." Said Peter looking at the sarcastic man who happened to be named Vex. "And you miss kitty cat, i understand you want peace, but we all want something in this life, and i want revenge." He said again looking at the shape shifter.

She turned on her heel, and before he knew it, she was in front of Peter, her eyes narrowed dangerously. "Then take it out on those who did hurt you. Not everyone is the same you know," she said, a low growl in her voice. "I know for a fact I never hurt you, let alone met you until today. So why take your anger out on me, on him?" she said, pointing towards Vex.

Vex bit his lip at the insult she had jokingly hit him with. At least, he hoped it was a joke. Damn, what was it about her? What caused her to be so unaffected by his charm? He'd lured in high ranking vampires but he couldn't even make an impressionable dent in this girls life? Who was she.... "Yeah well... You're not that cute anyways!" He said to Lauren and then looked away quickly.

Vex smiled at Peter. " Trust me, in my eyes you're nothing but a kid compared to how old I am. If you don't wish for me to threaten you, then leave and take that revenge somewhere else. I have no affiliation with you." Vex put his hand on his sword, ready to draw it at a moments notice. He looked into Peter's eyes and said very sternly. "We. Are. Not. The. Ones. You. Seek."

Everything seems to unfold incredibly fast, in seconds even. From a calm rather heavy atmosphere to hatred that almost made Anna leap towards Ingrid to save her from the incoming bolt of lightning. Two others appeared, more anger and hatred. The shapeshifter leapt at one of the men, another firing arrows at them, obviously a hunter.

As Anna finished dressing she looked up at Ingrid before standing. The older witch looked at the cursed girl, anger and frustration in her gaze. Bringing her hand up Ingrid snapped her fingers, Anna and the older brunette disappearing from the midst of things. The two females ended up in the coven's home. Anna blinked and shook her head; green eyes met dark brown ones as her elder, Ingrid, spoke.

"Well that was a rather sudden and unfortunate turn of events." She spoke and turned around. "Please, follow me Anna." She motioned for the younger girl to follow. Obedient as she was, Anna followed. Ingrid had a dangerous amount of control over her so it was in her best interest to listen to the woman.

Remaining silent Anna walked through the home which she knew in and out. A large, old Victorian home. The coven had owned it since they came to the 'new world'. The floors throughout the home were all a rich, dark burgundy hardwood; the basement excluded, cold stone floors covered the lowest, darkest parts. The two women made their way down into the sub level of the manor. "It seems my dear Anna, we might have to make some...adjustments." Ingrid continued on as they walked towards the summoning circle that had been carved into the stone. It was right in front of a small, dark, intricately carved onyx altar. Anna's memories of the blood stained floor were certainly not her favourite.

The raven haired girl cleared her throat as she grew nervous. "ahem—uh...adjustments? What, uh...what sort of adjustments?" Her voice was quiet, timid.

Ingrid stopped in her tracks, turning her body ever so slightly she looked at Anna right brow raised as she smirked ever so slight and in an incredibly sinister manner. "Don't worry my dear, it won't be anything too drastic." She grinned with a small chuckle.
Ingrid raised a long, thin arm, pointing towards the circle. "Please." Were the only words that escaped her lips, spoken very calmly.

Anna looked at the brunette, her gaze was worried, it looked like she was about to retort but instead she held back her words and clenched her jaw. Constantly gazing at Ingrid she stepped towards the circle and knelt down in the middle, head hung low.

Chains rattled as Anna looked to her right then her left, the shackled magically clamped themselves around her wrists and ankles. The silver seared her flesh as she gritted her teeth, holding back the sounds of pain that she wished to release. Her arms were pulled up her head slowly rising as she looked up at Ingrid. Anna wasn't sure what the elder witch was going to do to her but she really wasn't eager to find out.

Ingrid's arms came up on either side, her head tilted back slowly as she began to mumble a chant. Her words growing louder as Anna attempted to understand and listen to what was happening, perhaps mentally prepare herself for what was to come.

Peter looked at the shape shifter with pain in his eyes. "Because they killed her..." He said looking away from her. He then walked towards Vex and with an almost perfectly calm tone he said "Then tell me...who are the ones i seek?".

She saw the pain, and as much as she knew that look, something else probed the back of her mind. She turned, and looked around. "God dammit," she muttered. Anna, that other woman. The one she had a strange feeling of protecting from that Witch, from anything else. "Great, now thanks to you bozos, I lost her," she said, throwing her arms up in the air. Again, someone she felt the need to protect, and she lost her. God only knows what that Witch would do to her. Growling, she looked over her shoulder at Vex and Peter. She wanted to help them, or at least from them ripping their heads off, but she had to find Anna.
"Sorry boys, I've got to. Maybe I'll see you around." She smiled again, giving Peter a soft, sympathetic look, and a quick playful wink at Vex. "Try not killing each other, at least not until I get back to referee, eh?" A light laugh, and she turned from them, mid stride she was back on four large paws, letting out a vicious growl as she ran off into the woods, disappearing into the blackness.

Peter smiled faintly at the girl and stood his guard waiting to hear Vex's reply and to see if he was going to initiate an attack. He readied his weapons which were hidden underneath his black hooded cloak.

Vex was startled by the sudden calm that came over the hunter. He admired the professional demeanor that overtook him. He was a warlock and when asked for help, it was his responsibility to do so. No matter the creature or species. He liked this guy, despite his previous attempt on his life. "Gee, you already forget I saved you? Maybe if you had been watching the sky and sensed Ole Pete gunning for ya i wouldn't have had to jump in. Oh! And Don't worry, sweetheart. I think we'll be fine." He watched her change shape and run off into the dark forest. Vex then looked at Peter with a stern, serious expression. He noticed him reaching for some sort of weapon but ignored it. Playtime was over. Time to work. "In order to help you, I'll need something that belongs to the one who was killed. I can then induce a tracking spell from my grimoire. I can not only give you a name, I can give you a place. That is, if you don't plan on pulling out those weapons and attempting to use them against me. Peter, trust me. I mean you no harm. I'm a warlock and by law I can't hurt humans unless it's self defense. If there's any magical creature you want on your side, it's definately me."

"Human? I have lost my humanity long ago, but i guess there is no helping it, scratch my back i scratch yours right?" Said Peter as he lowered his guard and retracted from taking out his weapons.

Her head hung low, eyes growing wide as the summoning circle below her began to glow an eerie, swamp green. She brought her gaze up as she watched Ingrid, the elder witch had her head thrown back as she stayed on track with her chanting. It was a foreign tongue, it didn't sound familiar to Anna. The younger woman clenched her jaw as she felt another presence reveal itself. Tightly shutting her eyes her head dropped once again as her breaths became quick and shaky. Fear taking over her body. Anna's hair was blown back, opening her eyes she stared down into the circle, Ingrid practically shouting the chant as the basement rumbled. Glowing red eyes stared into Anna's gaze from below they seemed sinister in the slightest but there was honesty and truth in them, to some they might have seemed emotionless.

A dark blur shot up from the glowing circle. Ingrid's voice continued in the distance but seemed to grow quiet in Anna's ears. Someone or something was examining her. Anna felt a foreign touch, attempting to look over her shoulder she saw no one, simply feeling the eerie presence as a shiver ran down her spine.

"Strong..." The voice echoed through her mind, various tones echoing at the end of the words, overall the voice was deep, masculine.

"Well suited." Whoever it was continued.

"Durable."

"Smart."

She felt the being's touch once again, this time on her shoulder, a dark hand resting. It was clawed, sleek, pure black fur covering every inch of the hand. A large, gold and sapphire bracer adorning the wrist.

"Perfect!"
The voice whispered with excitement in Anna's ear.

Looking to her right she saw no face, the hand gone as well.

"Anapa!" Anna's head shot up to look at ingrid who had vocalized a name she knew.

Before Anna could say anything or react she was fighting to hold back a scream as pain ripped through her body. Ingrid laid her eyes upon Anna, slowly standing she walked around the pained Anna, watching with glee. Stepping closer to the Onyx altar Ingrid took hold of the knife that rested upon the intricate altar. Unsheathing the blade it shimmered in the low light. The older woman slowly approached the raven haired girl. Brown eyes met green ones once again. Ingrid smiled. "Almost there my dear Anna." Taking the blade ingrid put the smallest amount of pressure as she followed the contour of Anna's cheek bone. The girl clenched her jaw as she winced, her eyes not leaving Ingrid's.

A single drop of blood fell to the ground, before hitting the stone floor it dissolved into black smoke. Ingrid grinned as she stepped back. The cut began to burn as Anna moved her head to the side slightly. Under her skin the veins began to protrude, her blood turning black as it travelled throughout her entire body. Sickening sounds followed as she winced and whimpered. The glow of the circle grew more intense for a few moments before everything suddenly stopped. Anna dropped to the ground limp. The cut ingrid had caused re-mending itself in seconds, all that remained was a single drop of black blood as it slowly rolled down Anna's cheek.

She continued pushig herself even though her muscles burned and ached, she could hardly catch her breath,and her vision became blurry. But she pushed on,desperate to find Anna and that witch.
She didn't know how long she had been running, but she finally felt it. That familiar pull of magic on her soul. It was dark and powerful. It had to be them.turning in the direction, she pushed it into high gear. She finally came to the place where she could sense their presence, but where were they? She searched the area, frustrated as the moments passed. Where could they have gone?
Growling, she sat down, again assuming her human form. She didn't even know their names, how would she even find them now?

The sound of the drop echoed through her ears, it was the only thing she heard. A sudden breath of life hit her as she inhaled deeply. Coughing she slowly pushed herself up as she opened her eyes. Her body ached, her head throbbing. There was a sound of excitement that came from Ingrid. Anna slowly got to her knees as she glared up at Ingrid through her raven locks.

"It seems you've passed his judgement." Ingrid spoke simply. A smile slowly spreading across her lips.

Anna remained silent for a moment, her breath's deep and slow as her whole torso rose and fell. She clenched her jaw tightly, teeth bared as she held back a low growl. Lunging forward the chains held her back as she attempted to attack Ingrid. Anna's motion was sudden and swift. Ingrid didn't even flinched as she looked at Anna in what seemed like disappointment. The growl now rumbled in her throat as she pulled against her bindings. Stopping Anna glanced over her shoulder. The chains were slowly growing weaker. Glaring at Ingrid Anna returned her attention to the chains. Gripping them with her hands she ignored the sizzling and burning pain. Pulling hard it didn't require much force for the chain to snap. Looking over at Ingrid, Anna snarled as the elder stepped back slightly. Pulling on the other chain it snapped with ease and Anna instantly went for the witch who had brought her so much torment in her life.

Ingrid was swift. With a snap of her fingers she disappeared. Anna growled as she picked herself up. "I never thought of you as a coward Ingrid!" Anna roared. "Why don't you face me? You made me what I am! Let me show you what I am capable of..." Another low growl. With even greater hearing than before Anna turned around and spotted the woman. Anna moved towards her but Ingrid was quickly gone.

"It would simply be a wast of my time and efforts." her voice whispered in Anna's ear as the raven haired woman grew even more irritated. She went to reach and grab Ingrid but instead Anna was sent flying across the room, chains rattling as she hit the ground. Grunting she shook shook her head and started to push herself up. An unknown force holding her down, she growled in annoyance as Ingrid approached. "I've spent too much on you to kill you, even though I would rather see you die." Ingrid spat at Anna. Her hand outstretched as she controlled the invisible force forcing the other woman down.

"I'm sick of being your lab rat Ingrid! The ritual of Anubis?! I could have died!" The anger was evident in Anna's voice.

Ingrid simply smiled. "I know what I am doing my dear Anna. I've told you many times before, do not doubt me or my knowledge." Forcing Anna back to the ground, the stone floor cracked as Ingrid walked away. "I need you to go into town. You know what I require. Be quick my dear."

Anna slowly pushed herself up and off the floor, chains rattling. As she went to speak the shackles unclamped themselves and fell to the ground. Rubbing her wrists Anna watched Ingrid walk away in her twisted pride.

Sylvia felt so much magical power surrounding her, but most of it emanated from the forest and she sighed, sitting boredly on a crate in a shadowed alley. She knew she would be less able to protect herself if she was not well fed, not to mention it was morning and that was enough to put her at a huge disadvantage. She pulled the hood of her white sweatshirt further over her face, making sure to keep light from piercing her skin. She wore long white skinny jeans and white boots. Her lips were a deep purple shade and her skin was so pale she almost looked like a porcelain doll.

She sighed and decided feeding now was a bad idea, with it being day time she would be far more easily spotted. Sighing she slowly followed the power that reeked from the forest but, it was far less present now and she felt that, without a doubt the majority of the threats had left. she had no intention of getting there quickly because she didn't even plan on making herself visible. She was strong but she was smarter than her abilities, smarter than her power. So she had come to the conclusion that right now she would be at too much of a disadvantage to do well in a fight.

Soon she felt it nearing, and all she saw was a tall, attractive male and and another man backed against a tree holding a crossbow. She grinned and climbed up a tree, making sure to keep herself silent as she watched with clear interest. She was at a safe distance, about 100 ft and she could tell that one of them was a warlock and a powerful one at that. Sylvia grinned widely as she thought to herself, It seems this venture will be more exciting that I had originally thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.