The Adventures of Seloh, A Pokemon Tale *Open!*

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F0X

Pokemon-Legendary-Wallpaper-HD.jpg

In Character Thread Found Here
Hello and Welcome the the Land of Seloh!

This world is inhabited by creatures called Pokemon! But... You already know that don't you!! So lets just get straight to the important stuff!!

This is a Story that will be based in an all new region of the Pokemon World known as Seloh!! In this story characters may consist of a variety of roles, and events will be tied to the Pokemon Showdown Tournament you might have seen in general chat!! This roleplay is not EXCLUSIVE to those players, HOWEVER they do have some priority when it comes to character selection! But, I'll get into that in a bit. If you're still interested, let me tell you more about the world of Seloh!!

The Land of Seloh

Seloh itself is a relatively small region that over the past 2 years has become very heavily populated with Trainers and Pokemon alike! What brought all of these Pokemon and Trainers to this small, and otherwise unimportant region? Well, thanks to Professor Willow and her research on Mega-Stones, she discovered that Seloh had special Gem-like rocks that could be used to make Mega-Stones! With her research, she has been able to create a way to make Mega-Stones in very large quantities!! This has gained the the attention of Trainers so that they can push their training to the next level by gaining access to Mega-Stones. It has brought Pokemon as well, for many Pokemon wish to have their own inner power unlocked so that they too can Mega-Evolve!! There is a rich and diverse landscape for all Pokemon to exist, and even a higher number of Shiney Pokemon have migrated to Seloh as well!!

The entire region consist of Three Large Cities that are placed in somewhat of a Triangle Formation. However, what brought all these people All the Cities of Seloh can be compared cities like Lumios City in Kalos, large and full of things, places, and people!

First, there is Anson which has the first 4 Gyms: Bug, Ice, Fairy, and Fighting. Anson is also the home to Professor Willow's Research Lab and where most people apply for their Mega-Stones. Professor Willow wants all Trainers to have access to Mega-Stones, but they need to be dedicated Pokemon who truly care about their Pokemon, and understand the dedication it takes to have a strong bond with their Pokemon so that Mega-Stones will work! Anson is also the Fashion Hub of Seloh, and all the latest clothing trends come to Anson first!!

Next, Bardney is the city of Music and Art! This is home to the last 4 Gyms: Psychic, Steel, Fire, and Rock. There is also a large Pokemon Contest Hall where all the non-battle related events are held. This includes Pokemon Contests, Pokemon Olympics, Pokemon Orchestra and more!! This is the city that caters greatly to people who love Pokemon, but know that there is more than just battling!

The Last city, Chalgrove, is home to the Pokemon League. However, unlike most Pokemon Leagues, The Elite Four are their own "Gyms" if you will. They have their own special badges that they award, and all 12 badges must be acquired before going to meet the Champion. The Pokemon League and their Members are located on top a large hill that looks down at the city in a very elegant Stadium. The city itself is also home to some of the best Pokemon breeders, Pokeball Creators, and the Pokemon Trade Center where people can go and Trade Pokemon with ease!

Map of Seloh
dWSDeRv.png

Team Power
Team Power are a bunch of no good wrongdoers within the Region of Seloh. They have the great ambition to instead of steal people's Pokemon, they just want to steal their Mega-Stones so that they can have the most powerful Pokemon!! They also have some secrets about Pokemon themselves, and they often will capture Pokemon to further answer their own questions and ambitions for their own doing. You can expect them to be all about the land of Seloh trying to snag your Pokemon, so be ready to battle them at a moment's notice!!!

Jobs
There are many Jobs that People can sign up for! Below is a list of the most common ones!
Pokemon Trainer
Gym Leader
Elite Four Member
Champion
Pokemon Breeder
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Researcher
Pokemon Day Care Manager
Pokemon Center Nurse
Pokemon Contest Judge
Pokemon Historian
Pokemon Archaeologist

((More Info about Each Job to Come))

Characters:
Gym Leaders~!!

• @LimeyPanda
    C6bqeNW.png
    Type-Normal Showdown Name: Limeypanda

• Gym Leader 2: @IntrusivePenDesperateSword
    dn3jxT7.png
    Type-Ice Showdown Name: MrPika777

• Gym Leader 3: @Aergia
    qgcsaYP.png
    Type- Fairy Showdown Name: Candy10243

• Gym Leader 4: @GlassTrinity
    vWXGyTC.png

bzP5w07.png
    Type-Fighting Showdown Name: GlassTrinity

• Gym Leader 5: @Ruby.
    lolita-png.106632

xsJZIW6.png
    Type-Psychic Showdown Name: BleedingRuby★

• x3FNAZ9.png

• Gym Leader 7: @Gwazi Magnum
    Gq2HSs4.png
    Type-Fire Showdown name: Gwazi Magnum

• Gym Leader 8: @DapperDogman
    o3dp052.png
    Type-Rock (Open Everyday after 4PMGMT) Showdown Name: DapperDogman

--

• Elite Four Member 1: @Sen
    3CRUIBv.png
    Type-Water Showdown Name: senapii

• 9Utl9C2.png
    Elite Four Member 2: @Opal Type-Dark Showdown Name: Lamias

• Elite Four Member 3: @Mahariel
    o1STlMc.png

lc126YI.png
    Type-Poison Showdown Name: Kylulu

• @Maxim
    Y26yj5T.png
    Elite Four Member 4: @Maxim Type-Dragon Showdown Name: Maxim

• Champion: @F0X
    Hello my Lovelies~ Its so wonderful for you to peer upon me. I am the Shapeshifting Seductress, F0X! Please, won't you come face me, the champion of the Iwaku Pokemon League? I am quite impressed that you've fought so hard. You have taken on each and every one of my lovely Gym Leaders? Quite impressive... Or do you look to me in desire, longing to stand before me?

Beware, before I'm through with you I'll have you submitting at my feet, begging for mercy. Who knows... If I'm in a good mood, I might just give it to you... But, I can't make any promises~ See you all at the end, my dear, sweet, lovely trainers.
    WCemgWI.png
    Showdown Name: F0X7713

--

The members above have first chance to be Gym Leaders/Elite Four members if they choose. If they decline to participate in the thread, the job will open up for other players to sign up for it!

Character Sheet

Name:
Orientation:
Background:
Personality:
Profession:
Appearance (Written):
Appearance (Image):
Pokemon Team (Main):
[spoili]
WnIz5ED.png
[/spoili]

Pokémon Image
Pokemon Team Number
Name:
Nickname:
Personality/Story:
Role on your team (None is an acceptable answer):

Rules/Structure About the Event

Rules About Your Pokemon
In this Roleplay, you're in a setting where the best of the best trainers come to prove their worth, catch the very best of the best Pokemon, and do all they can to be The Very Best. Though, being the very best within some realistic limitations. Below are the rules for the Roleplay I expect everyone to follow.

1. Absolutely no Godmodding of anything in the Roleplays, especially battles. Pokemon battles are something that everyone is going to want to win, and sometimes its hard to decide on a winner. That is why I highly ENCOURAGE that battles between players take place between them on Pokemon Showdown and use that to create a battle scene that you can then write out in the thread! Otherwise without this approach, every battle loss or victory should be discussed with whomever you're batting with OOC no matter what!
  2. Players are encouraged NOT to have duplicate Pokemon on their team. Again, in this region, if you tried to battle anyone with 6 Charizards, you'd be defeated everywhere you go. Your Pokemon teams should have personality and flavor while still being able to battle with others unless you have another drive. If your character doesn't want to focus on battling and would rather focus on Pokemon Contests, then that is fine!! But, this is going to be driven mostly around battling, so do keep that in mind when Team Power shows up to battle you.
  3. Players may not use ANY Legendary Pokemon. Legendary Pokemon cannot be found in Seloh due to them wanting to avoid it at all cost seeing how most Legendary Pokemon never wish to be caught. If you were to bring your Legendary Pokemon in from another land, it would try to flee as soon as it was released from its Pokeball, feeling unsafe due to the nature of Seloh in general.
    1. If you're not sure what Legendary Pokemon are, please look at this list. The only one not on this list is Phione.
  4. Gym Leaders cannot change their Gym Team at any time, however they can use alternative Pokemon for their personal team and switch them out as they see fit.
  5. On any team, Players may not have the ability Moody.
  6. Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle.
  7. Players can only have the move Baton Pass on one Pokemon's move set. You may use more than one Pokemon that has Access to the move Baton Pass, but may not use more than 1 Pokemon with it in a battle on their move-list.
  8. There will not be a restricted list or Banned list outside of Legendary Pokemon. That being said, if I feel your team is very "cheesy" and lacks any sort of personality or flavor, I will ask you to redo your team to make something. So, please, don't use a team that looks like: Aegislash, Blaziken, Greninja, Mega-Kangaskhan, Ferrothorn, Skarmory.
  9. Players will need to have a Trainer Card in all of their posts to represent what Pokemon they have with them for the events they wish to be apart of. This way Players can see what you have and won't have a chance to "switch out" their pokemon in the middle of the street. It also gives some representation of your character and their team! Having it at the bottom of every post would be most wonderful.
    1. You can make Trainer Cards here with all your Pokemon, and change it whenever you want!! Here is an example of my characters's! [spoili]
      trainercard-result
      [/spoili]
More Rules May Be Added To This List

Wrote a dank Pokemon history for Ansel, poor guy. Someone let him run wild.

Could I claim the sixth gym leader place? I was thinking of having a ghost type gym

Could I claim the sixth gym leader place? I was thinking of having a ghost type gym
The Gym/E4 Position are somewhat being "competed" for. If you'd like one of the spots, please submit your character sheet and I will review any of them that come to me and select the two I feel best fit for the position!

OPEN SIGNUPS - The Adventures of Seloh, A Pokemon Tale *Open!*

Review that post for any other information, and feel to ask any questions you might have!

Name:
Selyne Lockhart
Orientation:
Straight
Background:
Selyne grew up in a small town in Seloh. Her mother father and grandfather were pokemon breeders and wanted her to continue on the business but Selyne's heart was set on being a ranger. On her tenth birthday she received she received three pokemon. One from her granfather which was a growlithe he had breeded especially for her. Both of her parents gave her eevees which were sisters. Happily Selyne began her journey to become a Pokemon Ranger.
Personality:
Selyne loves helping people and pokemon alike. She has a serious side mostly when it comes to protecting trainers, passerbys, and pokemon. Mostly Selyne is a cheerful person being a guide for people visiting their region.
Profession:
Pokemon Ranger
Appearance (Written):
Selyne stands at roughly five feet six inches tall, with long white pink hair that sweeps down to her knees. Her hair is usually pulled up in a high ponytail braided for maneuverability. She usually wears what is pictured below and has a pension for wearing a choker even in her PokeRanger gear.
Appearance (Image):
large.jpg

Pokemon Team (Main):

vaporeon_by_xandysprites-d7qtclp.gif

Pokemon Team Number:
Name:
Vaporeon
Nickname:
None
Ability:
Water Absorb
Personality/Story:
Vaporeon was one of the two eevees recived from Selynes parents. Vaporeon is the more agreeable of the two eevvee sisters. She loves spending time outside of her pokeball with Selyne.
Bulky Special Sweeper

umbreon_by_xandysprites-d7qtcly.gif

Pokemon Team Number:
Name:
Umbreon
Nickname:
Nyx
Ability:
Synchronize
Personality/Story:
Received from Selyne's parents. This eevee's start out was rough not knowing really how she fit in with Vaporeon and Arcanine. With Selyne's reassurance and friendship she evolved in Umbreon.
Bulky Physical Sweeper

arcanine_by_xandysprites-d7qu198.gif

Pokemon Team Number:
Name:
Arcanine
Nickname:
Ash
Ability:
Flash Fire
Personality/Story:
The growlithe that Selyne received from her Granfather. Growlithe was the protective companion. Once he evolved into Arcanine his fierceness knew no bounds. He would willing throw himself infront of either Selyne or one of the Eeveelutions.
Fast Physical Sweeper

trainercard-result

@F0X

Last edited:
Apparently I am crazy enough to do two other teams for Ansel. Hail and Sandstorm. Whyyyyyy

I think we figured out who I like the most

Just a heads up, for anyone still wanting the E4/Gym Leader position, please have your Character Sheets submitted ASAP! I look forward to seeing them all!

Countdown Timer

Make sure to tag me at the top or bottom of your CS so I can see it!

@F0X I'll challenge for the position of Elite Four Member! I'll make two characters, one for the E4 position and the other representing my competition character before he challenges the league.

I'll get the Pokemon personalities in later. I might also add some fluff to these sheets, but all the basic information is in them.

Name: Jett Winston
Orientation: "...Straight"
Background: Jett is the older of the two Winston brothers, and is the current Flying Elite Four of the Seloh Region. He originates from the Sinnoh region like his brother, but always found the region to be slow and too relaxed for him. As soon as he was old enough, he went on a journey to conquer the gyms of Sinnoh, and then came to the land of Seloh for answers regarding Mega Evolution. Before long, he was blazing a trail through that league as well. However, it took him almost a year to defeat the whole league. Once he did, he heard that one of the Elite Four was retiring, and applied for the entrance exam, which he passed. Now, he serves as one of the biggest challenges to trainers attempting to enter the league.
Personality: Jett has a rather enigmatic personality. He speaks with a calm demeanor at all times, but often his words are twinged with sarcasm. He does not really talk much at all except when he's engaged in battle or business.
Profession: Flying Elite Four
Appearance (Written): Jett is never seen anywhere without his black cap on. He typically wears a teal tennis shirt, white shoes, and khaki pants, though if the situation is formal enough he is sometimes seen wearing a black jacket. Physically he stands at 6' tall, with black hair and brown eyes.
Pokemon Team (Main):
eqjPQr1.png

• aerodactyl.gif

Name: Aerodactyl
    Nickname: Korangir
    Ability: Pressure
    Personality/Story:
    Role on your team (None is an acceptable answer): Suicide Lead

• dragonite.gif

Name: Dragonite
    Nickname: Valkyrie
    Ability: Multiscale
    Personality/Story:
    Role on your team (None is an acceptable answer): Special Defense Tank

• charizard-mega-y.gif

Name: Charizard
    Nickname: Ra
    Ability: Solar Power (Drought in Mega Form)
    Personality/Story:

• hawlucha.gif

Name: Hawlucha
    Nickname: El Libre
    Ability: Unburden
    Personality/Story:
    Role on your team (None is an acceptable answer): Sweeper

• skarmory.gif

Name: Skarmory
    Nickname: Orion
    Ability: Sturdy
    Personality/Story:
    Role on your team (None is an acceptable answer): Physical Wall

• togekiss.gif

Name: Togekiss
    Nickname: Serenity
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Personality/Story:
    Role on your team (None is an acceptable answer): Nasty Plot Sweeper?

=====================
Name: Maxim Winston
Orientation: "Straight as a Whistle."
Background: Maxim Winston is the younger of the Winston brothers, although he does not generally share his last name. Truth is, he's always felt under the shadow of his older brother in terms of battling prowess. To try and get out of that shadow, he traveled to Kanto to challenge some gyms. However, he was never able to successfully defeat the Champion, and gave up after numerous tries. Distraught, he decided to reinvent himself as a masked hero, Red Lightning. He has recently taken up residence in Anson City, hoping to someday challenge the Seloh League, and his brother. To pay the hotel bills, he's taken up a job as a traveling doctor, with the help of his Audino, Yulia, to heal peoples Pokemon on the routes leading to each city.
Personality: During the daytime, Maxim is a bit of a sleepyhead,
Profession: Traveling Doctor
Appearance (Written): Maxim is seen wandering around in a grey long sleeve shirt, blue pants, and grey shoes, along with a cap with the picture of a kangaskhan on it. Physically he is slightly taller and leaner than his brother, standing at 6' 2" and having brown hair and eyes.
Appearance (Image):
che1YKb.gif

Pokemon Team (Main):
J8coj7p.png

• rhyperior.gif

Name: Rhyperior
    Nickname: Sebastian
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Personality/Story:
    Role on your team (None is an acceptable answer): Physical Tank

• dragonite.gif

Name: Dragonite
    Nickname: Valefor
    Ability: Multiscale
    Personality/Story:
    Role on your team (None is an acceptable answer): Special Tank

• volcarona.gif

Name: Volcarona
    Nickname: Nora
    Ability: Flame Body
    Personality/Story:
    Role on your team (None is an acceptable answer): Sweeper

• gardevoir-mega.gif

Name: Gardevoir
    Nickname: Elincia
    Ability: Trace (Pixilate when Mega)
    Personality/Story:
    Role on your team (None is an acceptable answer): Stallbreaker/Wallbreaker

• bisharp.gif

Name: Bisharp
    Nickname: Xavier
    Ability: Defiant
    Personality/Story:
    Role on your team (None is an acceptable answer): Pursuit Trapper

• starmie.gif

Name: Starmie
    Nickname: Andromeda
    Ability: Analytic
    Personality/Story:
    Role on your team (None is an acceptable answer): Spinner

• audino-mega.gif

Name: Audino
    Nickname: Yulia
    Ability: Healer (same when Mega)
    Personality/Story:
    Role on your team (None is an acceptable answer): Non-combatant. Healer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: F0X
Alright!! The time is up for the E4/Gym Position to be filled! I will review all applications and decide on who will be where within the next hour or so.

• Love
Reactions: Yatagarasu
Alright a decision has been made!! @Maxim the E4 position for your character is accepted! I know you need to finish your pokemon personality but seeing how you're also the first Victor in my event, I know you will serve that position well. You're welcome to play both your characters if you like as well!! Just let me know!

As far as the Gym Spot goes, @Clyde you can certainly turn your Ghost E4 into a Gym pretty easy. However, @derelict_lilyflower did join the thread late, and I certainly want to give her a chance to try to get her application in. When she does, I'll review it, and perhaps a fair way to settle it would be to have a friendly battle in Pokemon Showdown against each other. I feel an OU match using pokemon that you chose (that are not legendary) would be a good way to settle it! Unless one of you no longer wants to go for that spot, I feel that'd be a good way to do it! @Clyde , your other characters look great!! You're welcome to play those, and I'd recommend starting with them and give @derelict_lilyflower a little time to make her submission for the Gym Spot.

None the less, I'll now be working on my starting posts, and once I have made the first one, the thread will be open for anyone to make posts in. I am looking forward to RPing with you all!! If I haven't added your character profile to the front page, please tag me with your post # and I'll get it added ASAP! <3

@Fox; that's great would totally make a Ghost Gym, but change the character around, he was feeling bit lackluster, imo. I am really like my Photographer. His Pokemon and stories will be completed sometime......in three days. I added two other teams. A sand storm team and a hail team. I guess he really likes weather based teams. O.o

@Fox; that's great would totally make a Ghost Gym, but change the character around, he was feeling bit lackluster, imo. I am really like my Photographer. His Pokemon and stories will be completed sometime......in three days. I added two other teams. A sand storm team and a hail team. I guess he really likes weather based teams. O.o
Makes sense for a photographer, gotta get the weather right for those shots!

Makes sense for a photographer, gotta get the weather right for those shots!

roflcopter.....yeah.....

And I try for each of his teams to encompass many regions.

it's fine with you that he got the Ferilgatr from Professor Elm? I figure Elm would have wanted a Photographs for research. Said welcome to Johto. Here's a reward?

roflcopter.....yeah.....

And I try for each of his teams to encompass many regions.

it's fine with you that he got the Ferilgatr from Professor Elm? I figure Elm would have wanted a Photographs for research. Said welcome to Johto. Here's a reward?
Sure, that is fine.

It's probably shit-tier, but I tried XD

I'm going to get my ranger finished today!

I must have over looked an alert because I stopped being notified x.x I'll work on a post soon. I won't be on later today or tomorrow, just a heads up.

so my photographer and coordinator are okay to use? or just my coordinator or you know what's going on

Tyr up for approval~ @FOX

Name: Tyr Devos
Orientation: Bi
Background:
Tyr is a former resident of Celadon city, the supposed Jewel of the Kanto region, and a direct product of that city's more seedy underbelly. Born to a low class family with a sickly mother and a gambling addicted father, Try never could see the city in quite the positive light that always seemed to dazzle the constant stream of tourists and visitors. Some of his earliest memories were of watching the various trainers and travelers walking the streets, his mind adrift with images and sounds of what he imagined their many adventures were like, all the while trying to drown out the sound of arguing and shouting that seemed to be a constant backdrop in his family's small, rundown apartment. Those were good days.

The years that passed were hard ones, his mother's condition worsened day by day, and his father's constant gambling only sent them spiraling further and further into debt. The arguments came less and less, but not because of any improvement in conditions. It was only because his mother no longer seemed to have the strength to keep them going any longer. She had, seemingly, lost the will to fight. Both the fight against Tyr's father and his addiction, and the fight against her own illness. When Tyr was seven, she gave up her fight for good, leaving him and his father alone.

With his father spending more and more time in the casino, Tyr found himself alone and unsupervised more often than not. Rather than wait around at home for his dad to return, and with little of interest to occupy the young Tyr at home, he began wandering out and into the streets. Soon enough he was almost as comfortable wandering the back alleys of the city as he was passing through his own home. Quite a good thing, in retrospect, as a year after his mother's death his father just... stopped coming home.

Tyr never did find out what happened to him, whether he fled the city to escape his debts, or whether his debtors finally got tired of his constant excuses and decided to take drastic action, but he honestly didn't care all that much. When people came to take away the apartment, Tyr wasn't there. He'd long since moved out and to the streets.

He spent his days among the market stalls nearby, filching what bits of food he could before scampering back to his home base in the back alleys for the night. It was there that Tyr met his future partner in crime and best friend. Throughout the first week he spent on the streets his sleep was interrupted, every night, by a plaintive, mournful cry. Drawn by the sound, and with a sympathetic ache in his heart, he eventually found a young Cubone. A young Cubone who immediately fled.

Tyr spent the next few nights following the sound of he mourning Cubone, each time drawing a little closer before the Pokemon fled. On the fifth such night, the Cubone stood its ground, and continued its mournful cry even as the boy approached it. That night he sat together with that Pokemon, and let himself mourn, truly mourn, his mother's death for the first time since it had happened. There, in mutual sadness and loss, the two gained a sense of camaraderie. An indispensable bond for the both of them, in the days to come.

Together they proceeded to live as they had for some time, but no longer did they do so alone. When one of them filched food, the other stood lookout or distracted the stall's owner, when they slept at night it was with their backs together. Later, when they both decided they were ready, they began to battle local school kids, most of them the same age as Tyr himself, in order to take some of their lunch money and pocket change. They still proceeded to steal most of their food, but over the next few years they gathered a tidy sum through battling and, occasional, bullying.

As he and Cubone, who Tyr had long since given the rather fitting name of Dirge, grew in age, confidence, and skill, they began to battle more and more skilled opponents. More skilled opponents, meant ever greater rewards, and a growing reputation in local circles. At fourteen, he and Dirge began to draw... unwanted attention. Their first runin with team rocket was in the back alleys that they had come to call home. One day, after a long and fruitful evening, they returned home to find a man standing there. His clothes were white, with a glaring R on the front... not the most subtle of attire for someone skulking the back alleys.

The second that the man spotted Tyr and Dirge, he challenged them to a battle... and was soundly beaten. After a bit of... persuasion, he eventually revealed who he was and the reason that he had sought out Tyr. The man was a team Rocket grunt, and he'd come on orders from the local boss. They'd gotten word of a local trainer making waves and encroaching on their territory, fighting Pokemon battles in ways that weren't quite legal, and had sent out a grunt to teach Tyr a lesson. After hearing a bit more about team Rocket, Tyr's interest was piqued.

He and Dirge forced the grunt to take them to his boss, so that he could see the operation for himself. Having little room to refuse considering his loss, the man did, and Tyr was surprised to find that their operation worked out of the local casino. The same one that his father had so often frequented... That wasn't the important consideration though. What was important about the revelation was the amount of money that Tyr knew passed through the place on a regular basis. If there were even more illegal dealings going on under the facade of the casino above, the amount of money that potentially came through had to have been staggering. That alone made up his mind on how he wanted to handle his meeting with the local Team Rocket boss.

From the first moment that he met the boss he showed his utmost respect, surprising everyone in the room. After the introductions were out of the way, Tyr dropped to a knee and asked to join the gang. Having seen the potential for wealth and comfort that the gang offered, how could he do anything else? Having already beaten one of the local grunts, and thus proving his own worth, the boss let Tyr join despite his relative youth. Thus Tyr and his companion Dirge took their place among the rank and file of Team Rocket.

The next few years were relatively good ones. Tyr worked for Team Rocket, originally attending their hidden school before moving on to battling trainers and stealing their Pokemon, coming up with various schemes and plans to trick them out of money and interesting items, and generally continuing to hone the criminal skills that he had used to keep himself and Dirge alive and fed when they lived on the streets. He was diligent, clever, and rarely managed to catch the attention of the local police. Those skills did not go unnoticed by his superiors. As his reputation in the organization grew, so too did the benefits that he received. New and better lodgings, a larger portion of the take that he brought in, and even new Pokemon to round out his own team and make him more effective in the long-run. Things had begun to be looking on the up and up.

... Until Team Rocket was crushed by a rookie trainer. Tyr hadn't been present at the time, instead finding himself on a mission at the other end of Kanto when the base under the Celadon city casino was destroyed. In fact, he only found out about the incident weeks later when he returned to find the place being watched by local authorities, and rumors flying about the gang that had been defeated there. Tyr decided that it was, perhaps, a good time to get out while he still could. He grabbed what he could from his hidden stash in the city, money, his traveling pack, a less conspicuous set of clothes, and left.

On the run and with no other way to make money, Tyr decided to try his hand at being a proper trainer. He, Dirge, and a team of Pokemon that he had gathered over his years with Team Rocket. Together they'd go the straight and narrow. Start new. They started by getting the heck outa the Kanto region, moving to Johto and setting themselves up there. And for the next three years they did just what they set out to do. They went legit, fought fair battles, won and lost, even began challenging gyms and earning badges. Dirge finally evolved, their new life seeming to do wonders for him and finally allowing him to move past his mothers death. Tyr found that he rather liked the trainer lifestyle, the calm serenity of traveling the wild places of the world from town to town, only broken up by the brief excitement of a good battle.

At the end of their third year of their new lifestyle, they got a rude reminder of their past. Team Rocket had moved to Johto, and was now attempting to set up shop there. Some of the old members even attempted to contact Tyr, and bring him back into the group as a lieutenant... In all honesty, he'd been tempted by the offer. But the three years he'd spent traveling the region, living the life of a trainer alongside his Pokemon, he'd finally come to understand how wrong Team Rocket's actions had been. Not that he hadn't known, logically, before then. It just took him taking the time to connect, to bond, with all of his Pokemon for him to truly understand.

In the end he didn't just turn away from the new Team Rocket. He thrashed any member they sent to speak with him, and did his best to persuade them to turn away from their life of crime. To leave the team and follow another path. Few listened of coarse, but even fewer ever came back to accost him again. It wasn't a fight with the gang that he wanted though, and rather than pursuing the matter and trying to put a stop to their activities, Tyr took another out. He left the region and moved, again, eventually ending up in Hoen. There he went right back to the life of a wandering trainer. For the next several years he traveled the region, then moved to another... now, he's come to Seloh, to see what sort of adventure the place has to offer.
Personality: Tyr's personality is rather laid back most of the time, but he doesn't quite come off as lazy or safe to be around. The calm that he surrounds himself with is less that of someone with no worries, and more that of someone who has been through more hardships than most can imagine and came out on top in the end. As such he exudes a sense of self assurance, calm preparedness, and occasional menace. While he's left his criminal leanings behind him he still retains many of the mannerisms he learned throughout his youth, and as such can sometimes come off as more threatening than he means to. If one can get past that flaw, he is actually a rather pleasant person, more than happy to help another person out of a jam if asked. He rarely gets angry unless someone talks bad about his closest partner, Dirge (His Marowack.)
Profession: Trainer/ Former Team Rocket
Appearance (Written): Tyr, standing at 5'11 and usually clad in a casual suit, might not seem particularly remarkable at a glance. It's only when one gets a good look at his face, and pays serious attention to his mannerisms and movements that most people's interest is piqued. He has a certain scruffily handsome cast to his features that occasionally turn heads, but the way he holds himself and the way he speaks often turn them right back. He walks, talks, and acts like an old world gangster, not surprising considering how much of his life he spent in a criminal syndicate. He's long since gone straight and narrow, but his mannerisms haven't changed all that much from that time. Old habits die hard after all.
Appearance (Image):
im1740.jpg
Pokemon Team (Main): Mega-Scizor, Delphox, Aggron, Serperior, Shiny Pangoro, and Zoroark
Pokemon Other: Marowack

• scizor-mega.gif

Pokemon Species : Mega-Scizor
      Ability: Technician
      Personality/Story: Cross is very serious and precise. He is Tyr's most tactically minded team member, and likes to be several steps ahead of any enemy he faces. With his mega evolution and varied skill set he stomps any and all challengers with near emotionless precision.

• zoroark.gif

Pokemon Species : Zoroark
      Ability: Illusion
      Personality/Story: The trickster of Tyr's team. Back when they were a criminal outfit Alastor used his illusions to trick people and lure them into unfair battles. Now that they've gone legit... well... honestly his role hasn't changed all that much. He lures enemy Pokemon into a false sense of security and then hits them where it hurts when they make a mistake, and he loves every moment of it.

• aggron.gif

Pokemon Species : Aggron
      Ability: Rock Head
      Personality/Story: Atlas is the wall of the team, providing a tough defense for enemies to gnash their teeth against. None get past her solid defense... not unscathed at least.

• serperior.gif

Pokemon Species : Serperior
      Ability: Overgrow
      Personality/Story: Attis is a specialized counter, she handles enemies that the other's have trouble dealing with. Sometimes she charges in without thought and bites off more than she can chew, but that's something Tyr likes about her. She doesn't shy away from a challenge.

• delphox.gif

Pokemon Species : Delphox
      Ability: Blaze
      Personality/Story: Hestia is the most timid of Tyr's Pokemon, the one least likely to go out and look for a challenge. On the bright side her careful nature makes a nice foil to the general enthusiasm and zeal of most of the rest of his team, and she provides an important calming influence on them all.

• pangoro.gif

Pokemon Species : Pangoro
      Ability: Scrappy
      Personality/Story: Zelus is the most outgoing and confrontational member of Tyr's team. She lives for a good challenge, a good fight, and is always happy to join in when called out. Getting up close and personal is just what she likes, and what she'll always strive for. largely because of that bird Pokemon, who have a habit of staying out of reach, annoy her to no end.

• marowak.gif

Pokemon Species: Marowack
      Ability: Battle Armor
      Personality/Story: Dirge's story is, largely, Tyr's story. They've been together for much of their respective lives, and have a near inseparable bond because of it. He doesn't get used for actual combat much anymore, long since having switched to more of a companion and friend than a combatant.

6srkh2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Tyr up for approval~ @FOX

Name: Tyr Devos
Orientation: Bi
Background:
Tyr is a former resident of Celadon city, the supposed Jewel of the Kanto region, and a direct product of that city's more seedy underbelly. Born to a low class family with a sickly mother and a gambling addicted father, Try never could see the city in quite the positive light that always seemed to dazzle the constant stream of tourists and visitors. Some of his earliest memories were of watching the various trainers and travelers walking the streets, his mind adrift with images and sounds of what he imagined their many adventures were like, all the while trying to drown out the sound of arguing and shouting that seemed to be a constant backdrop in his family's small, rundown apartment. Those were good days.

The years that passed were hard ones, his mother's condition worsened day by day, and his father's constant gambling only sent them spiraling further and further into debt. The arguments came less and less, but not because of any improvement in conditions. It was only because his mother no longer seemed to have the strength to keep them going any longer. She had, seemingly, lost the will to fight. Both the fight against Tyr's father and his addiction, and the fight against her own illness. When Tyr was seven, she gave up her fight for good, leaving him and his father alone.

With his father spending more and more time in the casino, Tyr found himself alone and unsupervised more often than not. Rather than wait around at home for his dad to return, and with little of interest to occupy the young Tyr at home, he began wandering out and into the streets. Soon enough he was almost as comfortable wandering the back alleys of the city as he was passing through his own home. Quite a good thing, in retrospect, as a year after his mother's death his father just... stopped coming home.

Tyr never did find out what happened to him, whether he fled the city to escape his debts, or whether his debtors finally got tired of his constant excuses and decided to take drastic action, but he honestly didn't care all that much. When people came to take away the apartment, Tyr wasn't there. He'd long since moved out and to the streets.

He spent his days among the market stalls nearby, filching what bits of food he could before scampering back to his home base in the back alleys for the night. It was there that Tyr met his future partner in crime and best friend. Throughout the first week he spent on the streets his sleep was interrupted, every night, by a plaintive, mournful cry. Drawn by the sound, and with a sympathetic ache in his heart, he eventually found a young Cubone. A young Cubone who immediately fled.

Tyr spent the next few nights following the sound of he mourning Cubone, each time drawing a little closer before the Pokemon fled. On the fifth such night, the Cubone stood its ground, and continued its mournful cry even as the boy approached it. That night he sat together with that Pokemon, and let himself mourn, truly mourn, his mother's death for the first time since it had happened. There, in mutual sadness and loss, the two gained a sense of camaraderie. An indispensable bond for the both of them, in the days to come.

Together they proceeded to live as they had for some time, but no longer did they do so alone. When one of them filched food, the other stood lookout or distracted the stall's owner, when they slept at night it was with their backs together. Later, when they both decided they were ready, they began to battle local school kids, most of them the same age as Tyr himself, in order to take some of their lunch money and pocket change. They still proceeded to steal most of their food, but over the next few years they gathered a tidy sum through battling and, occasional, bullying.

As he and Cubone, who Tyr had long since given the rather fitting name of Dirge, grew in age, confidence, and skill, they began to battle more and more skilled opponents. More skilled opponents, meant ever greater rewards, and a growing reputation in local circles. At fourteen, he and Dirge began to draw... unwanted attention. Their first runin with team rocket was in the back alleys that they had come to call home. One day, after a long and fruitful evening, they returned home to find a man standing there. His clothes were white, with a glaring R on the front... not the most subtle of attire for someone skulking the back alleys.

The second that the man spotted Tyr and Dirge, he challenged them to a battle... and was soundly beaten. After a bit of... persuasion, he eventually revealed who he was and the reason that he had sought out Tyr. The man was a team Rocket grunt, and he'd come on orders from the local boss. They'd gotten word of a local trainer making waves and encroaching on their territory, fighting Pokemon battles in ways that weren't quite legal, and had sent out a grunt to teach Tyr a lesson. After hearing a bit more about team Rocket, Tyr's interest was piqued.

He and Dirge forced the grunt to take them to his boss, so that he could see the operation for himself. Having little room to refuse considering his loss, the man did, and Tyr was surprised to find that their operation worked out of the local casino. The same one that his father had so often frequented... That wasn't the important consideration though. What was important about the revelation was the amount of money that Tyr knew passed through the place on a regular basis. If there were even more illegal dealings going on under the facade of the casino above, the amount of money that potentially came through had to have been staggering. That alone made up his mind on how he wanted to handle his meeting with the local Team Rocket boss.

From the first moment that he met the boss he showed his utmost respect, surprising everyone in the room. After the introductions were out of the way, Tyr dropped to a knee and asked to join the gang. Having seen the potential for wealth and comfort that the gang offered, how could he do anything else? Having already beaten one of the local grunts, and thus proving his own worth, the boss let Tyr join despite his relative youth. Thus Tyr and his companion Dirge took their place among the rank and file of Team Rocket.

The next few years were relatively good ones. Tyr worked for Team Rocket, originally attending their hidden school before moving on to battling trainers and stealing their Pokemon, coming up with various schemes and plans to trick them out of money and interesting items, and generally continuing to hone the criminal skills that he had used to keep himself and Dirge alive and fed when they lived on the streets. He was diligent, clever, and rarely managed to catch the attention of the local police. Those skills did not go unnoticed by his superiors. As his reputation in the organization grew, so too did the benefits that he received. New and better lodgings, a larger portion of the take that he brought in, and even new Pokemon to round out his own team and make him more effective in the long-run. Things had begun to be looking on the up and up.

... Until Team Rocket was crushed by a rookie trainer. Tyr hadn't been present at the time, instead finding himself on a mission at the other end of Kanto when the base under the Celadon city casino was destroyed. In fact, he only found out about the incident weeks later when he returned to find the place being watched by local authorities, and rumors flying about the gang that had been defeated there. Tyr decided that it was, perhaps, a good time to get out while he still could. He grabbed what he could from his hidden stash in the city, money, his traveling pack, a less conspicuous set of clothes, and left.

On the run and with no other way to make money, Tyr decided to try his hand at being a proper trainer. He, Dirge, and a team of Pokemon that he had gathered over his years with Team Rocket. Together they'd go the straight and narrow. Start new. They started by getting the heck outa the Kanto region, moving to Johto and setting themselves up there. And for the next three years they did just what they set out to do. They went legit, fought fair battles, won and lost, even began challenging gyms and earning badges. Dirge finally evolved, their new life seeming to do wonders for him and finally allowing him to move past his mothers death. Tyr found that he rather liked the trainer lifestyle, the calm serenity of traveling the wild places of the world from town to town, only broken up by the brief excitement of a good battle.

At the end of their third year of their new lifestyle, they got a rude reminder of their past. Team Rocket had moved to Johto, and was now attempting to set up shop there. Some of the old members even attempted to contact Tyr, and bring him back into the group as a lieutenant... In all honesty, he'd been tempted by the offer. But the three years he'd spent traveling the region, living the life of a trainer alongside his Pokemon, he'd finally come to understand how wrong Team Rocket's actions had been. Not that he hadn't known, logically, before then. It just took him taking the time to connect, to bond, with all of his Pokemon for him to truly understand.

In the end he didn't just turn away from the new Team Rocket. He thrashed any member they sent to speak with him, and did his best to persuade them to turn away from their life of crime. To leave the team and follow another path. Few listened of coarse, but even fewer ever came back to accost him again. It wasn't a fight with the gang that he wanted though, and rather than pursuing the matter and trying to put a stop to their activities, Tyr took another out. He left the region and moved, again, eventually ending up in Hoen. There he went right back to the life of a wandering trainer. For the next several years he traveled the region, then moved to another... now, he's come to Seloh, to see what sort of adventure the place has to offer.
Personality: Tyr's personality is rather laid back most of the time, but he doesn't quite come off as lazy or safe to be around. The calm that he surrounds himself with is less that of someone with no worries, and more that of someone who has been through more hardships than most can imagine and came out on top in the end. As such he exudes a sense of self assurance, calm preparedness, and occasional menace. While he's left his criminal leanings behind him he still retains many of the mannerisms he learned throughout his youth, and as such can sometimes come off as more threatening than he means to. If one can get past that flaw, he is actually a rather pleasant person, more than happy to help another person out of a jam if asked. He rarely gets angry unless someone talks bad about his closest partner, Dirge (His Marowack.)
Profession: Trainer/ Former Team Rocket
Appearance (Written): Tyr, standing at 5'11 and usually clad in a casual suit, might not seem particularly remarkable at a glance. It's only when one gets a good look at his face, and pays serious attention to his mannerisms and movements that most people's interest is piqued. He has a certain scruffily handsome cast to his features that occasionally turn heads, but the way he holds himself and the way he speaks often turn them right back. He walks, talks, and acts like an old world gangster, not surprising considering how much of his life he spent in a criminal syndicate. He's long since gone straight and narrow, but his mannerisms haven't changed all that much from that time. Old habits die hard after all.
Appearance (Image):
im1740.jpg
Pokemon Team (Main): Mega-Scizor, Delphox, Aggron, Serperior, Shiny Pangoro, and Zoroark
Pokemon Other: Marowack

• scizor-mega.gif

Pokemon Species : Mega-Scizor
      Ability: Technician
      Personality/Story: Cross is very serious and precise. He is Tyr's most tactically minded team member, and likes to be several steps ahead of any enemy he faces. With his mega evolution and varied skill set he stomps any and all challengers with near emotionless precision.

• zoroark.gif

Pokemon Species : Zoroark
      Ability: Illusion
      Personality/Story: The trickster of Tyr's team. Back when they were a criminal outfit Alastor used his illusions to trick people and lure them into unfair battles. Now that they've gone legit... well... honestly his role hasn't changed all that much. He lures enemy Pokemon into a false sense of security and then hits them where it hurts when they make a mistake, and he loves every moment of it.

• aggron.gif

Pokemon Species : Aggron
      Ability: Rock Head
      Personality/Story: Atlas is the wall of the team, providing a tough defense for enemies to gnash their teeth against. None get past her solid defense... not unscathed at least.

• serperior.gif

Pokemon Species : Serperior
      Ability: Overgrow
      Personality/Story: Attis is a specialized counter, she handles enemies that the other's have trouble dealing with. Sometimes she charges in without thought and bites off more than she can chew, but that's something Tyr likes about her. She doesn't shy away from a challenge.

• delphox.gif

Pokemon Species : Delphox
      Ability: Blaze
      Personality/Story: Hestia is the most timid of Tyr's Pokemon, the one least likely to go out and look for a challenge. On the bright side her careful nature makes a nice foil to the general enthusiasm and zeal of most of the rest of his team, and she provides an important calming influence on them all.

• pangoro.gif

Pokemon Species : Pangoro
      Ability: Scrappy
      Personality/Story: Zelus is the most outgoing and confrontational member of Tyr's team. She lives for a good challenge, a good fight, and is always happy to join in when called out. Getting up close and personal is just what she likes, and what she'll always strive for. largely because of that bird Pokemon, who have a habit of staying out of reach, annoy her to no end.

• marowak.gif

Pokemon Species: Marowack
      Ability: Battle Armor
      Personality/Story: Dirge's story is, largely, Tyr's story. They've been together for much of their respective lives, and have a near inseparable bond because of it. He doesn't get used for actual combat much anymore, long since having switched to more of a companion and friend than a combatant.

5pniq.jpg
You're approved! I'm not home, and I'll add you to the page asap! Feel free to post when you'd like

Status
Not open for further replies.