The adventure of time

Mallory laughed a bit and looked at Daniel. "Getting you drunk? Don't know about that, we'll see what happens, right, Fay?" she said and looked at Fay. Fay looked a bit confused at first but then nodded. "Yeah... who knows, maybe we get drunk", she said. She hadn't thought about whether to get drunk or not. Maybe that wasn't such a smart thing to do, she thought. But who knew, maybe this would be the only chance she got in a long time. She smiled at Daniel, she had to admit it, it was cute with guys who blushed. "So, off to the pub!" Mallory said, almost shouting, walking ahead of the two of them towards the pub.

Daniel luaghed a bit at Mallory enthusiasm and nodding, he walked with the girls to the pub. "Is nice to go out with you girls. I was getting tired of being at home all day." Said him, and tehn looked at Fay. "So... Are you from here? I don't remember seing you." Asked him, looking for give Fay some conversation. It was really nice to meet somebody knew for a change. Always with the same people every day, again and again...

Fay nodded slightly at Daniel's question. "If 'here' means this district, then yes", she said, because you could never be sure what they meant. Especially not when you didn't know the one you was talking to. "Well, I'm not going out that often. Like, I'm not outside that much... or, well... I am, sometimes, but I don't really meet a lot of people... except from... those who live with me", she said, thinking that what she had just said was a bit awkward. An awkward sentence, maybe. She hoped Daniel didn't think she was awkward. She smiled a bit as if it made her look less awkward, if Daniel in any case actually thought she was. Mallory soon opened the door to the pub and turned towards the two of them. "So, here we are!" she said with a smile and stepped inside.

Daniel tried to listen to Fay, but what she was saying sound like a awkward maze for him. But her cute smile fixed it all, so he smiled back at her and nodded. He let the ladies go inside first and then he walked inside behid them. The place was pretty nice, wood decorations everywhere, a warm light illumination the whole place and a nice music on the background. "Let's find a table." Said Daniel, seeing that the place was almost full. Lucky for them, he found a nice place not too close to the other tables where they could have a couple of drinks without being bothered. "There's a nice ambience today, isn't it?" Asked him.

Mallory nodded as she sat down. "Yeah, it is, totally. Nice table you got", she said and gave Daniel a quick smile. Fay sat down and took her coat off, as well as Mallory, although Mallory had already begun to take her coat off as they had entered the pub. "I'll go order something to drink", Mallory quickly said, leaving no time for neither Fay or Daniel to say anything about it. She walked off when Fay hadn't even got her coat off completely. Fay glanced at Daniel as Mallory walked away and smiled a bit. "She's like that sometimes. Wanting to do everything right at the second", she explained, although she thought that Daniel maybe already had met Mallory.

Daniel nodded. "Yeah..." Said him with a shy chuckle. Then he looked at Fay and smiled. "And what about you? What music do you like? What films do you enjoy?" Asked him kindly, giving Fay some conversation and getting to know her better in the process. Daniel had been alone, relatinship speaking, and that had been making him feel kind of sad some times in this past few months. Still, he was quite fun and always tried his best to hide from the others that part of himself that was always depressed for the kind of life he was forced to live.

Fay looked at Daniel, thought that he was actually quite good-looking, after all. That he asked about her made her a bit happy inside, someone wanted to know things about her? Or maybe it was just because he wanted to be nice. Maybe these were things you usually asked. She smiled a bit at her stupid thought. "I... I don't listen to much music... if I do, I guess it would be classic", she said, and the truth was, she didn't listen to much music. Usually it was something someone put on for the whole house to hear, and then it would be classic. "But I enjoy other types of music as well", she added. "I like movies... those movies that are... I don't know..." she said, and there had been quite a while since she had seen a movie, she thought. She didn't usually watch movies in her home. "I like most movies. Drama, action, love...", she said. "But I read more than I watch movies. I read about depressing... love. Things like that", she said, thinking that maybe she had spoken too much. "I read philosophy too", she added. "What about you?" she asked, and in the corner of her eye she could see Mallory coming towards them.

Listening to her he noticed she was quite a weird girl. Cute, but weird. "Well, I listen to clasic music too, but I enjoy rock, progressive rock the most." Said him scratching his head. "Movies... Well, the more explosions the better." Said him with a chuckle. "Romance and love... They are okay, but not something I'm used to see." Explained him, being really expresive with his hands. "I read too, I read more psicologic books tho. Something with a more... Deep background." Said Daniel, noticing Mallory too. "Looks like our drinks are here." Said him with a smile.

Fay nodded now and then as he spoke. Then Mallory came along, placing two drinks in front of them. "Ready to get drunk?" she said and grinned, then she sat down next to them. Fay looked at her drink and tasted it a little. Mallory on the other hand, drank a bit more than Fay did. "Everything alright? You're tired?" Mallory said, looking at both of them. Fay smiled a bit. Yes, compared to Mallory, maybe her and Daniel seemed tired, but Fay wasn't tired, at least. "I'm fine", she said.

"Sure, I'm fine too." Said him nodding. Maybe a little bit annoyed by all the family issues he had been having lately, but not tired. of course, thinking about it, maybe getting drink is not as bad idea afterall. To let himself go once in a while couldn't be all taht bad. Daniel grabbed his drink and rised it in the air. "Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Mallory quickly said after Daniel had said it, and raised her glass as well. Fay raised her glass too and then drank some. She coughed a bit and looked at Mallory. "What is this?" she asked, and Mallory grinned at her. "I just asked for something to get drunk at, but yeah, it doesn't taste lovely, I agree", Mallory said and drank some more. Fay smiled a bit and looked at Daniel. "Ready to get drunk, I guess?" she said, realizing that she wouldn't be able to enjoy the night with Mallory not being drunk, since Mallory obviously wanted to get drunk, and had ordered something for that single purpose, as well.

Daniel tasted some of the drink Mallory brought and made him think about the whole idea of getting drunk twice. Getting drunk with two girls? That could end really, really well, or really, really bad. Taking a second and longer sip he hoped for the best. "I warn you, girls: I don't answer for my actions if you get me too drunk." said him with a chuckle and a wink.

Mallory grinned at Daniel. "Oh, so you think you can get away with anything just because you're drunk?", she said, both with a laughter and a sound of judgemental, and then she turned to Fay. "Right, Fay?" Fay looked a bit confused at first. "Well..." she said and drank some, thinking about what to say. "I guess it depends on the definition of 'too drunk', and what action it is", she said and put her glass down and glanced at Daniel. "Lets not worry about that though, we're here to have fun, right?" Fay said and smiled. Mallory nodded agreeingly.

Daniel looked at both of them as he took another sip of his drink, not showing a sinlge glimpse of what 'action' he was really thinking. "Yes, I agree." Said him nodding. "So, Mallory, what have you been up to lately? I didn't see you with my brother... For weeks." Said Daniel.

Mallory looked at Daniel, thoughtful. What had she been up to? She sighed, as if it was too much to talk about. "Well, I've been hanging around... hanging around going crazy", she said and smiled a bit. Honestly, she hadn't done much that wasn't crazy. "I met some old friends and we played truth and dare all night, got high and had a really nice time. That's pretty much what I've been up to lately", she said. Fay was a bit surprised. Although she didn't meet Mallory that often, she didn't expect her to be that kind of girl that got high and did crazy stuff. On the other hand, Mallory was crazy, so why wouldn't she do all those reckless things she was talking about? "So, what have you been up to?" Mallory asked and looked at Daniel.

Daniel nodded. "Well, you know, a little bit of this a little bit of that... Always the same boring stuff I do with my paretnts." Said him taking another sip of his drink. "They are always all like: You should do this, you shold do that. If you don't do that I won't give you any more time. Pffffff... Like if they were going to let me die." Said him with a quite arrogant chuckle. "And what about you Fay? Bothered by your parents too?" Asked him.

((If you want to you could fast forward a bit or whatever... If you feel it's a bit slow you know))

Both Fay and Mallory listened to what Daniel had to say, and when he turned to Fay she looked down at her drink. She looked thoughtfully at the drink and took a sip before looking at Daniel with a gentle smile. "I don't get to see them that often. Well, actually, I guess I do, but when we meet we usually talk about how things have been since we last talked. But sometimes it can get a bit hard though... When that body guard of mine wants to know what I'm doing all the time. So I'm happy he let me out here tonight, I don't get to do things on my own otherwise", she explained and sighed. Then she drank some more. "And since this'll probably be one of the few chances in a long time to go out like this with you guys, we better make it good", Fay said and smiled. "You go girl!" Mallory added quickly when Fay was done talking, and drank some of her drink as well.

Daniel nodded and rise his glass a little bit. "Couldn't have explained it better." Said him as he took another sip of his drink. A personal bodyguard? That girl must have a ton of time to afford something like that, thought Daniel. Daniel fathers had some bodyguards for when they travelled outside, but they wasn't the most rich family in the district, so he figured out Fay was more rich than he was. "So, what do you girs have in mind for today? Or are we going to stay in this place for the whole night?" Asked him.

(( Sure thing. I have the feeling you may have something in mind, so go ahead. ; ) ))

Mallory turned to Daniel. "What do you think? You want to go out there and do something? Get some air, maybe?" she asked and looked around. "This place sure is crowded", she said and looked at Daniel again. "I didn't really had anything in mind, my thought was just to have fun", she said and glanced at the dance floor. "I'm going to dance, you do whatever you feel like and I'll catch up with you later", she said, and soon she was gone. Fay looked at Mallory as she dissapeared in the crowd of people dancing, and then she looked at Daniel. "So... what do you want to do? You want to dance or get out of here?" she asked.

Daniel looked at Fay as Mallory dissapeared. Then he took a sip and listened at her question. "Thant's an easy one." Said him drinking the rest of his drink and getting up. "Let's dance!" Said Daniel offering her his hand to take her to the dance floor. Looking at Fay again, Daniel realized he kind of felt physically atracted to her. Who knows, maybe the day would have a happy ending after all.