The adventure of time

Fay quickly turned to Allen where she was lying in her bed. Her face softened a bit as she realised that it was Allen and no one else. She sat up and nodded. Yes, of course she was. "Yes, but... I had a nightmare, that's all. I guess it's time to go to sleep now?" she said and laid down again. She yawned and smiled a bit at Allen. She was glad that he was there, he made her feel safe.

A few seconds later, which seemed like a long time to Fay, at least for thinking, she opened her mouth once again. "You can go to bed now, if you like. I mean, you don't have to worry. About me. I'm fine, you know. Or, I'll be. It's not like I'm not, but, well..." she said, and sighed. "I'll be OK. Good night", she said, and smiled a bit at him. "It's not like I haven't had nightmares before, you know", she said, and then turned around so that her back faced him and then she fell asleep.

Allen smiled. "Okay, tough girl." Said him jokingly. "Good night." And then he left and went to his room. Quite huge for his liking so it was empty and dull. Only a bed, a table with some papers on it and a closet. Nothing else. He lay on the bed, taking off his shoes. At least! Thought him as he closed his eyes. Allen tried to catch as much sleep as he could, because he had to be always available, and his cell phone could ring at any time, or someone yelling at him could appear in his room. A well paid job. A job that was the only real thing he had in his life. No family, no real friends. Only his duty as bodyguard kept him busy.

Fay opened her eyes rather quickly, almost in panic. She looked around realising it was only a bad dream. She sighed and sat up in her bed and looked out the window. It seemed like a nice day. She smiled a bit and stretched her arms and legs. Then she stood up and stood in front of her mirror. Her hazel brown hair was a mess, and she sighed as she tried to straighten it out. Then she grabbed the comb and combed her hair till it looked almost as good as it had done the day before. Then she sat down on her bed, she didn't feel like getting dressed just yet.

She thought of what Allen might do, and what she was going to do today. She looked at her schedule but didn't find anything, except from some homeworks that she had done the day before. She sighed as she noticed something written down not very carefully, she could almost not see what it said. It was her own handwriting, but not as good as her usual. Maybe she had been in a hurry. "Finish..." she read out loud, but she couldn't figure out the last word. It was probably some homework. She went to her desk and looked at her books, trying to figure out if there was anything she had forgotten to do. Maybe the piano? Or maybe the teacher wouldn't come today? She sighed. She didn't remember at all. Was it all on her to remember everything she was supposed to do? She looked out the window, waiting for the clock to turn 7am so that she could walk down the stairs. She wasn't up this early usually, and she didn't want to wake anyone up.

Someone knoked at the door of his room and opened slightly. "Señor? Sir. Are you awake?" Said a female voice of one of the maids. "Señor?" Repeated her. Allen got up slowly and looked at her as he turned the lights on. "What?" Asked him. "Sir, the cleaning servide lacks of some products we require to clean the pool. Sir." Allen sighed and smiled. "How many times do I have to tell you? I'm not in charge of the requisiton orders. I'm not even in charge of the cleaning staff!" Then he got up and stretched. "Martha. You must talk with Martha for that." Said Allen. "Gracias Señor." Said her and left with a smile. What a 'nice' way to wake up... I guess, thought Allen.

He looked at the clock, it was pretty early, and then changed his clothes for another identic suit and went to the kitchen. There he made some coffee and sat on a stall next to the counter. "Allen? You are awake pretty early today." Said one of the assistants of the chef. "Awake? Who said I'm awake?" Said him, and both laughed. "Allow me to make you some real coffee, Allen." Said the assistant. Allen looked at his cup and realized there was only water on it. Drawbacks of being awake for too long... "Thank you." Said Allen as he waited for the coffee.

After a while, Fay got dressed. After looking for a while in her closet, she decided to put on a dotted skirt in white and black, a black pair of tights and a white, knitted shirt. Then she put a black and white-striped hairclip in her hair just to keep it from falling into her face. Then she looked at herself in the mirror. Wow, this was really a matching outfit, she thought and smiled. Then she quickly made her bed, and then she turned around and went out of her room and down the stairs to the kitchen.

When she got there she barely looked at the chef's assistant or Allen, she just sat down at the chair she usually sat at and yawned. She was tired, after all. She glanced at Allen and muttered hello and then she leaned towards the table as if she was going to sleep on it. She didn't really care whether it looked rude or not, since it was just her, Allen and the chef's assistant there. If anyone told her not to, she wouldn't do it, of course. At the moment she was just a bit too tired to be thinking about all kind of rules concerning eating.

Allen looked at Fai as she entered the kitchen. She was really cute in that outfit. "Good morning." Replied Allen and the assistant. "Here, your coffee." Said the assistant as he gave Allen a cup filled with dark liquid. "Thanks." Siad Allen. He drank the coffee, and just as the liquid went into his body, he started to feel more and more awake. That was a quite good coffee. "Fai? Don't forget your father and your mother want to have breakfast with you today. In the main dinning room, in an hour." Said Allen.

Fay had already closed her eyes as she heard Allen's voice. Breakfast? Her parents? In an hour? She turned her face to him and opened her eyes. She sat up and nodded slightly, thoughtful. She had no memory of her parents wanting to have breakfast with her. She sighed and leaned against the table again, but kept her eyes open this time and faced Allen.

"When did they say that? I don't remember any of it. But I guess it won't be a problem", she said, and yawned slightly. She really had to wake up properly before she met them, she didn't want to be half asleep when she had her breakfast. "Hey", she said and turned to the chef's assistant. "Would you make me some coffee? Just a little, please", she said, and smiled a bit and then turned to Allen. "So, how's coffee? What does it taste like?" she said, as if she was talking about some important bussines or something.

The chef assistant looked at Allen, and allen nodded. "Well, right now... It tastes like rainbow and angel feathers." said him dead serious as he tasted a little bit more of the coffee. "Cardboard. It also tastes like cardboard." Said Allen. The assistant looked at him and chuckled. "Allen, do you even have taste buds?" Asked him. "Honestly? I don't think I have." And both laughed. "It's roasted grain, so it tastes like walnut." Replied the assistant, as he gave her a cup with some coffee. "Here you go, mylady." Said the young assistant smiling.

Fay took the cup of coffee with both hands and tasted it carefully. Her expression was serious as she thought of the taste, determined whether she liked it or not. Then she smiled a bit and put the cup down. She looked at Allen and nodded a bit. "It's good", she said and yawned a bit. Then she drank some more. "When did you tell me about my parents? I mean, when did I, we, you or... Well, whoever decide it, decided it?" She asked and put the cup of coffee a bit further away after drinking a bit more and then she leaned against the table a bit.

Allen left his empty cup on the conter and got up. "Your parents did, Fay. They want to see you, spend some time with you." Said Allen and sighed. "Well, now I must leave. If you need anything, let me know. I will see you in a couple of hours." Said him and left. That morning he wanted to meed with the representative of the security company that provided the other security staff and the surveillance system. He felt that 'feeling' in his guts the time he meet those guys at the park. It may turn to be nothing, but he was there to ensure the safety of the family, and he was going to make an excellent job. As he always did.

Fay nodded a bit and let him leave. Of course he couldn't be with her all the time, he had other things to do. And she did too, she thought to herself as she drank some more of the coffee. Soon she was going to meet with her parents. She put the cup of coffee on the counter beside Allen's cup and went to the bathroom. She brushed her teeth so that she would be ready when her parents arrived.

A while later she sat down at the table where she was going to meet her parents. She hit her lip. She had already brushed her teeth. Never mind, she could just brush her teeth one more time after that they had eaten, she thought.

Her parents finally arived. Her father, dressed in business three piece black suit and gray tie. And her mother, wearing a white dress and some fancy jewelery. "Oh! Honey! You look gorgeous! Come here, give your mother a hug." Said her mother. A woman who was probably 40 years old, but looked just like 25. "How are you sweetheart? Everything fine I assume." Said her father way more serious than her mother was. He looked young too, probably almost 30 years old. Of course, he was way older.

The servants quickly dispose the table, and the chef itself served them the food. Something that smelled nice, looked nice, and probably tasted nice. But it was hard to tell what it was. "And tell me, honey. How are your studies?" Asked her mother.

Fay looked at her parents as they talked. They seemed to like her being there, with them. She was glad that it made them happy. She smiled at both of them and let they have their talk before they finally sat down. She looked at the food at it was brought in. Nice, she thought, looked like they really had made an effort to make it look as good as possible. Not that she cared that much about what it looked like. If it tasted good, then the appearance wasn't such a big deal to her.

"My studies, they're... Okay I guess", she said, trying to think hard about it. Yes, she did her home works and whatever she was told to do, she managed school pretty well. Not like she got A's in everything, but she did her best. She knew that studying was important, but she also thought that there was other things in life that was more of a deal. She had all her life to get an education - why do it right now? She didn't feel like she had to rush things. She tasted the food, which was quite a surprise to her, it tasted very good. It was almost as if she was going to smile with whole of her face talking about how good it tasted, but then she remembered she was with her parents. She had to behave, at least some. "So, what brings you here? Anything going on, or is it just to have a chat with me?" Fay asked her father.

Her father smiled. "Can't a father see his own daughter? Of course we wanted to see you, honey." Said him wamly and kind as her mother ate the breakfast in a really preppy and fancy way. "Tell us, sweetheart, how is everything? Is there something bothering you?" Asked his mother. "Honey..." Said her father looking at her mother and then looking at Fay again. "We've been seeing your grades lately... Your mother was worried you may be... Having troubles with something?" Asked her father. "Is not that we are disapointed, honey. We are really proud of you, and we happy to know you are doing fine..." Said her mother. "Fayette, my father always said that a good education was the basis for a great life and understanding of life. But as your mother said, we are proud of you, honey. We believe in you." Stated her father. Thanks to those little speeches he was the boss of a big company.

Fay sighed a bit. So they thought she had bad grades? The important thing was that she made it through school, wasn't it? But she didn't say that, though. She knew that education was important to them. She looked at her father with a serious look on her face. "It depends on what problems you mean", she said, and then she glanced at her mother before looking at them both. "Actually, I think that you get the most understanding of life by actually living it and learning from it", she said, unsure if she was going to continue.

She sighed, wasn't sure whether she was going to continue or not. What if they disagreed on what she said? She didn't want them to be mad at her. But at the same time, she wanted them to understand it from her point of view. "I don't think you can understand life through education. You need to live life and learn from your mistakes. Like, I don't know, doing... Reckless things. Those things you regret. I'm sure you both did things toy regret when you were in my age, that you regret. But didn't you learn from it, as well?" She said, and felt as if she was holding an important speech. She shook her head and smiled a bit. "You see what I mean?" She asked her father.

Her mother looked worried, but her father laughed. Her mother had been always rich, but her father... Her father had to start from the bottom. "You may be right, honey. Still, a good education is important, and we are just worried about you." Said her father with a smile. "Honey? Did you said Reckless things?" Said her mother a little bit worried. "Don't worry, pumkin. I'm sure she is responsable enough." Said Her father putting his hand on her mother's hand. "Oh... You..." Said her blushing a little bit and grabbing his hand. "And don't worry, If she gets in troubles, Allen can always get her out of it." Said him. "By the way, how is he doing? I didn't saw that grumpy fellow Marine in ages." Asked him with a smile.

Fay looked at them and felt a bit mad at them. She didn't like when people talked about her as if she wasn't there. And what she also didn't like was that it sounded like Allen managed her, as if she wasn't in control otherwise. Like she was some lunatic running around doing crazy things. Maybe she was a bit over dramatic, she didn't know. She looked at them as her mother blushed. Reckless things. Trouble. Yes, that is what life is about, she thought.

She was a bit surprised as her father called Allen a grumpy marine. She smiled softly at his question though. "I guess he's doing just fine. He is very busy with paperwork, but we spend some time together also. Yesterday we went out for a walk, for example", she said, and glanced at the door. How long was they supposed to have breakfast? Then she looked at her father again. "You don't have to worry about me. Allen is doing great and he's really protective about me", she said.

Her father nodded. "Yes, that's what we pay him for. I'm glat to see that he is doing a good job." Said her father smiling. Her mother got close to him and hugged his arm, forming the live picture of a happy family. "Come on, babe, I'm sure Fayette has more 'Reckless' things to do than being with her parents in such a nice morning." Said her mother softly, smiling at her. "Okay, pumpkin." Said him, always smiling. "Come on, honey." Said him looking at Fay. "You've heard your mother. Go have some fun, but be careful. Okay?"

Fay smiled as she realised that she would actually get away from being stuck with her parents at the table for hours. Not like they used to sit there for hours, but anyways. She nodded and looked at both her father and mother. "Thanks. Yes, I'll be careful", she said, stood up and walked away. She went to her room, unsure if she was still mad or just happy that they were somewhat understanding, even though they didn't totally agree. Being mad at them for not agreeing with her would be childish, she was happy as long as they respected her.

She laid down on her bed, tried to listen if there was anything else going on. It was hard to hear anything because of the house being so big, but Fay knew where to listen after things. For example, the dining room was almost always occupied by someone, or a couple of people, whoever they were. Fay didn't mind having strangers at her house, because she knew that they were someone's friend. Then, they weren't totally strangers to the family, although it was to her. Then she looked out the window, and outside it was depressively empty.

'We need extraction! Now!' Allen was sitting in a chair, his elbows resting in the table and his face buried in his hands. 'WILCO. Go to the LZ, Bravo One. We have visual.' His eyes were closed, swiming in a sea of memories. 'Anderson's really messed up. We are going to need CASEVAC for him.' His mind was so out of his body he didn't even noticed someone had just entered into the room. 'Roger that. Go to the helo, they have secured the perimeter. That is your extraction point.' "Allen." 'Roger, Overlord.' "Allen?" 'Put him here...' "Allen, are you fine?" Allen suddenly oppened his eyes and took a whole second to realize where he was and why he was there. Then he got up and smiled the best he could. "Ms. Donahil, If I'm not mistaken." Said Allen offering hi hand to the lady in front of him, dressed in a fancy female suit. "Yes. But please, call me Sandra." Replied her accepting his handshake. "Sure." Said Allen