The Academy for Creative Talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alrighty. What are you guys going to make for dinner?" Adrian asked as he smiled at her. He walked with the bags rather calmly despite them probably being very heavy for him. He was just happy that he could spend some time with someone for the first time in his life. He'd never had a friend before in his life, and it calmed him down quite a bit to be with a person like Elie who wouldn't judge him for anything, like his girly hobbies or his nervousness or his quirk with saying weird things directly from his mind sometimes. Like bursting out the truth randomly, making a fool of himself. "So... is your mom nice?" He asked as he looked at her while they walked. He hadn't known about having parents for a long time, and that wasn't going to change, ever.

"I'm not really sure what were having for dinner." Elie admitted as she made her way down the street. "I'll have to wait and find out." She made a little cheerful laugh added to her smile, when looking over at him. She was careful to watch what she was doing with the bags though, she has been known for them to break on her. "My mom? Well, she's kind of strange." She began to explain. "This is embarrassing but you remember how mentioned that fact that she said if I couldn't cook I wouldn't be able to find a buy. She's pretty much obsessed with me finding someone. So, she might act kind of strange around you but she's an overall nice person."

"Hmm... judging from the ingredients, it's something with fish and vegetables, looks like it's going to be really good, probably. You gotta tell me what it was tomorrow." Adrian smiled softly as he looked at her, walking carefully with the bags so nothing would happen. He noticed how careful he was and felt like he had to be careful too for some reason. She got so happy when she laughed and looked at him cheerfully. It made him extremely happy that he brought out a smile of hers. "Hm.... so she's strange, huh? That sounds amusing enough..." He said with a little giggle. "Ah, right, you did say that. Well, I could tell her that I wouldn't mind a girl who couldn't cook and then maybe she'd let you off the hook." He said with a little blush at the last thing she said. "I really wouldn't mind that, if she thinks I'm alright I'll be happy."

Elie blushed. "If you do that, she might pull you into everything." She admitted. "But I do have a feeling she'll like you. When she's see's you she'll end up thinking a whole bunch of strange things from the very start." She made a turn on a corner. "She should be getting home soon, so she might be there when we're setting the bags down. That's when you can meet her."

Adrian smiled with a blush. "I really don't mind... I really like you, so meeting your mom is just part of it, right?" He said with a little blush on his face. "Hmm... aha, that sounds nice. I figured that already, after all, moms are all the same, right?" He tried to pretend that he knew what it was like but it was the first time in his life he had heard of that. "Alrighty, and she isn't the type to freak out over a random boy following you home?"

"Oh she will freak out but in a different way than normal." Elie admitted. She could see her house in the distance. "It's over there." She said, getting closer. She went up to the door and opened it, seeing her mom setting down her purse on the table. "Did you just get home?" Elie asked her.

"Oh, yes." Her mother smiled at her, just then she saw Adrian and her eyes began to light up. She screamed. "Elie, when did you get a boyfriend. Have you been hiding this from me?" She rushed over to Adrian. "I'm sorry she doesn't cook very good, if you could just ignore that part..."

"Mom, it's not what you think. Stop that." Elie tried to say.

"Hmm... I see..." Adrian said softly as he held her hand softly. "You know... I don't mind the misunderstandings... it's... a nice thought..." He admitted as he blushed slightly. He looked over when he saw the house. "Ah... that looks so nice and cozy." He said softly as he followed along her to the front of the house.

When they got in, Adrian saw Elie's mother, and their similarities were obvious. He blinked at the woman as she came over, blushing heavily at all of the sudden questions. "Ah... I don't mind at all, after all, if you don't have the talent for it, that's just it.. it doesn't make her any less worth as a person in my opinion."

Adrian held up his arms, unsure of what on earth he was doing by doing that.

Elie blushed deeply when Adrian was telling her mother that it was okay she couldn't cook. She set her bags down on the table. "You can just set those bags here, Adrian." She said.

Her mother still had sparkle in her eyes, she then made a big gasp. "Oh, Elie. You've found a man who doesn't even care about you not being able to cook."

"You're the one who cared about not being able to cook mom." Elie replied with a sigh. She took the book out of the bag and handed it to her mother. "Here." She said, her mother took it from the girl and began to flip through it quickly.

"Thanks." Her mother said.

Adrian looked over at her and offered her a cute smile, though still blushing deeply. He was very happy that he was able to spend time with Elie like this, even if her mother was just a bit weird.

Adrian raised an eyebrow as he looked at Elie, and then he winked at her when the mother wasn't looking, grinning just slightly. He wanted to say all of the things he liked about her, but he thought against it with the way that she was blushing so deeply.

He was so happy that he got to have this time with Elie, a time that no one else had with her, only him. How couldn't he be hapy about that? He wanted to kiss and hug her and he couldn't because he was nervous about her feelings, very, very nervous, indeed.

Instead, he walked over and took Elie's hand in his own, smiling shyly.

Elie was slightly surprised that he took her hand again but it made her smile. Elie thought that her mother was distracted since she wasn't saying anything yet. Though her mother seemed to be watching them with a large smile on her face. She thought it would be better right now to not ruin this with an outburst, to Elie's likely. Elie smiled at Adrian. "I've never had someone over before, it's nice. Even when my mom's insane." She added the last part as a whisper that her mom couldn't hear.

Adrian smiled slightly, happy that no one said anything about him holding her hand. He just wanted to stay like that forever but her breaking through the silence made him look over at her. "So... should we go to your room or something? I bet your mother wants some time alone from us teenagers." He said with a smile as he braided fingers with hers, looking into her eyes. It was obvious that he was completely smitten with her, but he didn't realize just how much himself. He was completely lost in her eyes, and he didn't know what else to do but stare.

"Now that the shopping is done I don't see why not. We can work together on some of our homework, I never got to do that before." She said, though it seemed like it would be a boring thing to do Elie was happy. She pulled him with her, leading him to her room. She opened the door and led him in. The room was full of purple and blue colors. She had drawings posted all over places, stuffed animals throughout the room and a few pictures of her family. Her laptop was on her desk, sitting there shut. The curtains to the window were open, causing the bright light from the sun to shine in. "Well, this is my room." She said to him. She closed the door behind them and stood there, still her hand in his.

"Alrighty, I guess I can help you if you have some problems, seeing as I already finished mine by now... finished it in class, hehe." Adrian said as he followed along with her. It was such a trivial thing to do, but it still made him very happy. He could be with Elie, and smile and talk to her, and that was more than enough for him. He watched as she opened the door, and blinked at what met him. It was different from what he had imagined. It was so... cute. He loved it and didn't know how to express it. Especially the drawings and the way her room looked. "I know this probably sounds so weird... but I wish my room was like this." He said, frowning in confusion at himself. He knew it sounded weird but it was... sort of how he felt.

Elie giggled. "My dad said I needed to grow up and get rid of everything in here." She said to him. "So, I'm glad you like it so much." She took him over to her bed so they could sit down. She sat there herself, and placed her bag to the side of her. "But I like it myself so there's no way I would change it." She pulled out her notebook from her bag. "I almost have the work finished, I kind of started to think of other things when doing it so I lost track."

Adrian smiled slightly as he looked at the room. "I don't think that at all, it looks so nice and I would almost say that I could live here and not mind it... I mean, books and plushies, who would like anything better? Your room is like one big pillow..." He said and smiled softly as he looked around, then at her when she began talking about the homework. "Alrighty. So how about we finish that and then just hang out afterwards? I don't know what we should do but we can figure out something, I suppose."

Elie laughed at his response to her room. She gave a nod, concerning the homework. "Okay." She opened up the notebook to the few math problems she still had left. She grabbed the pencil that was in her bag. "It shouldn't take too long." She said, she began to read and work on the problem. She had only three problems left to do and they shouldn't take long. She knew most of the answers pretty quickly, only asking for a little help for just one. When she was finished she put the book away, and slipped the pencil back into her bag. "All done." She said to him, with a smile.

Adrian smiled slightly as he looked at her, unable to control the way that his chest swelled with happiness. He let out a puff of breath in relief and nodded. "Alright." He said as he looked over the math homework. She was almost done with it and as they worked, she only needed help from him a few times. When she wasn't in need of that anymore, she was already done and smiled up at him. He blushed and nodded. "A-alright." He said as he looked at her. What should they do now? Did Elie even like him in the same way that he liked her? All kinds of weird things were moving through his mind rather quickly.

"Thanks for the help." Elie replied after she put her stuff away. She had forgotten that she took him to her room and was now nervous and unsure of what to do. Every time she would look over at him she could feel her heart pounding loudly. "So yeah, my mom's strange isn't she." Elie said, trying to hid how nervous she was. "My dad's pretty weird too but you'll probably meet him some other time."

"Uhh... you're welcome, it was nothing, really... don't worry about it..." Adrian said with a blush on his face, as if only realizing now that they were in her room, her private room that not everyone could see. He bit his lip as he felt his heart pounding loudly. He had to tell her. He had to do something. He looked over at her. "Y-yeah... uhm.... E-Elie?" He asked as he looked into her eyes, a deep blush on his face making it obvious how nervous he was.

"Yeah?" Elie responded to him. She was fidgeting with a string on her jacket, something she did when she was nervous. She could tell he was looking back at her, looking at into her eyes, it made her smile larger. "What is it?" She got out, her heart still pounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.