The Academy for Creative Talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian blushed as he shook his head with a little smile on his face. "Ah, that's no problem. After all, who wouldn't be curious if the first person you brought here is a random guy who's not your brother... everyone would misunderstand." He commented as he blushed heavily, looking away slightly with a shy little smile on his face. "Yeah, I really love to cook... anything else I like... hmm..." He said softly as he looked at her, thinking it over. He blushed a bit when he thought about it. "Yeah, I really enjoy to read and stuff... it's nice to get myself caught up in stories, I also write sometimes..." He blushed when she asked about something that he loved to do. "Don't laugh at this, but I really like gardening. It's like I'm in another world when I'm among the flowers. In the winter, I have to make the inside of my house a forest to deal with not being able to tend to the flowers outside." He said with a blush, knowing he had the most girly hobby in the world. "I guess that's what I get for coming from a family who used to work for another rich family. My grandparents then became rich but our line went on with tending to the house without housekeepers, gardeners, butlers, maids, chefs and drivers to do things for them and I just really loved tending to the garden where my grandparents lived. My mother, being the oldest, inherited the house when they died. So I just... I don't know, I just want to bring my good memories back."

"That sounds wonderful." Elie said, she was picturing a garden in her head. "I'm not as bad with gardening as I am with cooking, if you ever want some company I would gladly provide it. It is very peaceful in a garden too. Hmm, I would say my favorite flower would have to be roses. I know...it's so regular to like roses but there's just something about them. I just like the way they are." After some time Patrick came with two glasses of water for them to drink while they waited. "It shouldn't take too long, the chef is pretty good and fast at cooking the meals here." She stated to Adrian when Patrick walked away.

"Ah... so you're not going to laugh." Adrian stated with a blush on his face, looking at Elie with surprise written in his face. "Ah... I see... well, I would like for you to join me, that way I'll have someone else's imprint on my garden, that sounds really nice." He smiled a little. "I love roses too, it's like they give off a radiance that no other flower does, and that's maybe what makes it so popular with most people. There's nothing wrong with liking a regular flower if you think that's the right flower for you to like." He said honestly with a little smile on his face. "It's alright, I really don't mind the waiting, I like your company, after all. It feels nice to have you talking to me, after all."

Elie blushed. "Of course I'm not going to laugh. It's what you like to do and I think that's great." She replied, then gave a nod concerning the rose. "I don't think I'll ever like any other type of flower." She was smiling at him. "Oh and I like you're company too." The became deeper. Just then her phone began to go off. "Sorry." She said to Adrian then looked a the phone. She answered it. "Hi, mom. Yes, I'm going to go to the store later today. I'm buying what I normally buy, if you want anything extra you're going to have to tell me what you want directly." Elie had a pause, it seemed there was a long list. "Alright, I'll get those too. Bye." She ended the call and put the phone away. "Sorry about that, my mom was just asking me to get some more things at the store later." She said, back at Adrian.

Adrian blinked at her and smiled slightly. "It's just a really girly hobby, you know, and I get embarrassed knowing all the flower names in biology sometimes." He admitted with a little smile on his face. "Then I'll make sure to grow lots of roses in my garden from now on, so that you'll enjoy being there." He said with a strange smile littering up his eyes. He seemed to have gotten a different smile, a happier one, even. "It's alright, go pick it up." He said as he referred to the phone, nudging her to go. When she went, he sat with his water and thought through things. What he had been saying so far sounded like a romantic date, meaning that that was what he wanted? He hadn't thought about falling in love, but now it seemed painfully obvious to him what was going on, from the way his heart was pounding. "It's alright, that can't be helped." He said as she came back, his heart still throbbing.

Once Elie was back she began to discuss the gardening again. "I can see what you mean, though I not like most people. I just don't see things as being gender specific. If you like something, they you like something." She gave him another smile. Finally Patrick came back with their food. He set the plates down in front of them and walked off. Elie took a fork that was given to them at the that time and began to eat chicken that was on her plate. She looked back up at Adrian, staring into his eyes. "Thanks for inviting me to hang out with you, I'm having a great time."

Adrian shrugged at this and looked out of the window at their booth. "Guess I'm just used to people calling it a girl's thing and stuff... I mean, most people think I'm gay because of it, just because I like flowers and gardening." He said with an annoyed expression on his face. "That I'm gay because I know a lot about flowers and flower language. And then I write poems based solely on flower language, describing the life surrounding us people. I don't know... it's just how I am, I guess." He said softly as he looked at her with a little smile on his face. When the food came, he took his fork and began eating of the chicken. When he swallowed silently after a little while, he wiped his mouth and looked at her. "Well... I'm happy too. I never thought I'd have this fun of a day. I thought you were going to say no, to be honest."

"Why would I say no?" She asked him and sighed. "Though most people end up saying that. They think that I wouldn't want to go with them to things. Those girls that hang out with me at lunch, I've never been anywhere with them. When I ask them about it, they say they thought I wouldn't like it and would have said no. I don't really get why. I know I can be busy a lot of times but I am a teenage girl after all. I want to be able to have some of the normal high school girl life." She ate some more of the food on her plate. "But I guess that's going to change now, since I have you who I can talk to and hang out with."

"I don't know, I have a fright for talking to people, I guess." Adrian admitted and widened his eyes when he looked at her. "Look, I didn't think that you'd say no because of how you are as a person, I was just scared that you'd reject me because I'm used to it... I just thought that you wouldn't want to do anything with me... I mean, you seemed like such an unreachable person for me and I was scared to talk to you... but from now on, I can try and show you what it's like to be a normal teenager... I don't know, if you want me to do that we can... I mean, if you don't want to it's okay..." He admitted with a blush as he looked at Elie with a little blush on his face. He just wanted to see her happy and smiling and all of the good things, but he didn't know how to do that. "Well... I promise I'll do my very best to be a good friend and show you what the world is like, but I really don't know much more than you do... I'm not social either."

Elie began to giggle, a large smile on her face. "I can understand being shy, but you know. After talking to you for a while I don't think you're really that shy. We're getting along just great. If you were too shy we probably wouldn't be learning so much about each other right now." She told him. "And I would love you're help. I can promise you though that it might be hard. I tend to get mixed up with a lot of work. I don't mean do, I just have a lot to do." She finished up eating her food.

Adrian blushed slightly as he looked down, a shy smile on his face. "Well, that's because it's you, Elie. I didn't know what it was like to associate before I met you... I just really like being with you and talking to you and I don't know why." He admitted as he looked at her with a shy smile once again, trying to convey his shy feelings. "I see... well, I'm not a total idiot so maybe I could help you out or something with work? I don't want you getting stressed because you want to see me, so I could always be your tutor or something, depending on what kind of work it is." He offered with a smile, looking over at Elie. He had stopped eating when he was about halfway done and didn't eat any more than that.

Elie continued to blush herself, he was telling her such sweet things. It made her happy to hear them. "It would be nice to have you're help. No ones ever offered help before, they just assume I don't want any. But it would be great to get some every now and then." She looked down at his plate. "Are you finished? Do you want something else?" She was playing with the straw in her cup though not noticing it. She was more focused on him.

Adrian didn't know why he was acting like he was, but he just felt so much in love that he couldn't even control himself from saying those things. He knew it was too quick to fall for her so he kept it to himself as he smiled to her. "Ah, I just thought that it sounded tough and all... seeing you like that would make me sad and all, I just want you to be calm and not stressed out... it would be bad for you to stress, and I'd prefer a smile over a frown." He looked down at his plate. "Ah, uhm, no thanks, I'm fine." He looked away slightly and bit his lip. What should he say? It was hard to explain that he had eating problems.

Elie smiled. "You're very kind you know that." She told him. "If you're done, why don't we get going. I was wondering if you could come shopping with me. Since my mom added more to the list I don't have enough hands to carry all of the bags." She motioned for Patrick to come back, he gave them the check for the food. Like Elie had said, it wasn't really that expensive and they seemed to be getting a discount since she worked there. She began to take out some money.

Adrian smiled at her and shook his head. "It's only because it's you, Elie. You've been nice to me so I'm nice in return, I hope that's okay with you." He nodded slightly and looked at her. "Sure, that sounds nice, I'll help you carry the things, I'm not as weak as I look." He said with a little smile on his face, and then he held her back. "I think it's in the right that I pay today, seeing as you work here." He payed for their food and said goodbye to Patrick before he took Elie with him, holding her hand as he walked with her. "So where do you usually buy groceries?"

Elie blushed once he took her hand. This was the first time, other than her own father that she had ever held a guys hand before. She had mixed feelings suddenly, one moment she was so nervous she though he was going to hear her heart pounding yet in another second she felt right like that and happy. She was distracted, not answering just yet when he asked her where she usually shopped. "The street that has all those little shops. There's ones for everything, good prices and the merchandise is good too. You can usually find great things there. I don't know if you have ever been there but it's not too far from here actually." She replied.

Adrian wasn't looking at her because he was blushing quite heavily at the fact that their hands were joined. Her hand felt warm in his and it made his heart pound. He wanted so badly to tell her all kinds of things, but he was silent as he held her hand. He was happy and yet so nervous. But he wanted to hold her hand, even if he wasn't used to physical contact. He wanted to make her the first person he got close with for real, and he wanted her to see what he was truly like, the person he was below. The Adrian that hid below what was considered his "normal" self. He wanted her to see all sides of him. "Alrighty, then let's go there, I need to do a little shopping, too, anyway. So... where do we need to shop and what are you going to get? We could maybe split the grocery list and we'd be able to finish faster." He said with a smile on his face as he looked at her.

"Well first we need some food items. Fruits, vegetables...since you like to cook you would probably know more about picking good ones than me. You could be real help there. Than I need to get a few cleaning supplies, the broom broke the other day. Oh and my mother wants me to pick up a book she ordered at the book store." She said to him. She could still hear her heart pounding. She took a glance at his hand in hers, blushing bright red. She looked back up quickly, trying to hide the blushing. She couldn't help having the smile come out again though.

"Right, I'll take care of the food, then." He said as he snatched the paper with the groceries they had to buy. He went over the list before he went to the shop selling vegetables and fruits, and he conversed politely with the girl at the counter to find what he needed. She was surprised about his knowledge despite him being so young. When he was done, he went to another store to get meat. After standing for about ten minutes he picked a piece of meat. When he had bought that, he went along and got the last things before he went to the place that him and Elie had agreed to meet. The bags were heavy but he didn't mind it at all, so he just stood there and waited for her.

Elie gave a nod and went off to the places she had to go. She got a new broom, one she liked better than the last. Then she went to the book store. She waited for a few moments, then asked the lady if she had the book. The lady gave handed the book to Elie and she paid. She headed to where they said to meet back up. She could see Adrian there holding the bags he had bought. She had never shopped with anyone before, it did make it more pleasant and easier. She smiled at him as she got closer. "Thank you so much for the help. Now, all we have to do is take them to my place." She motioned for him to follow her.

Status
Not open for further replies.