The Academy for Creative Talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian couldn't help the smile that came to face when he read her reply. He nodded slightly at her before he stuffed the note away, before anyone would see it. He felt sort of excited to be with her, something he hadn't thought before. He wondered if she would like his songs. They weren't very fitting for a guy, and he sometimes had friends singing them for him because his male voice didn't fit them. That was... until he learned bending his voice in the right ways, making career online as a female singer. He was quite famous under that fake name with his beautiful and usually meaningful and symbolic songs.

Elie turned back to the teacher after seeing the smile on Adrian's face when he read her replied, it made her happy. She began to think, she really didn't think Adrian payed much attention to her. Now, it seemed she was wrong. She figured it was going to be nice just enjoying time instead of always working. She continued on with her note tacking when the teacher talked. Finally the school day was almost over, Elie couldn't seem to wait until the bell would chime for them to get out. She wondered what Adrian and her were going to do.

Adrian was more or less at the edge of his seat and he sat there wondering what they were going to do. He had never taken a girl out before, he had no idea what you did when you took a girl out. Did you go to the cinema? Take her home? Out to eat? Adrian had absolutely no idea. Maybe he should just ask her when they leave together, but he wondered if he'd make a fool of himself. Maybe he could show her his archery. He really had no idea whatsoever as to what he should do with her. He just wanted to have fun and be with her for a day's time or so. He hadn't thought it further than that.

Elie heard the bell ring. People began to get up from their seats, rushing out of the classroom to go places. Elie meanwhile, slipped her notebook back into her bag. She stood up and put her bag into her hands. She pushed her chair in and then stood right next to Adrian's desk. She was smiling at him. "So, what would you like to do?" She asked him. She had her hands behind her, swinging her bag back and forth a little. This was the first time she went out with a guy, she was slightly nervous yet excited at the same time. Thought there were few other things that went into her mind suddenly, was it just to hang out as friends or something more?

Adrian looked at his things to make sure that he had everything packed before he glanced up to see Elie. He blushed slightly and offered a smile, standing up with his things. "I don't know... wherever you want to go." He said as his blush deepened just slightly. He stood with his bag on his shoulder, trying not to look her in the eye considering his heavy blush that embarrassed him quite a bit. He tried to make it go away, but his cheeks just felt so warm and he hated it so much. He had never been alone with a girl before, and he didn't know what he was feeling or how to treat her right without offending her. He knew that there shouldn't be such a big difference between boys and girls, but he had just never talked with anyone before and it made him nervous.

Elie continued to smile, she could tell he had some nervousness to him. It was alright, she was nervous too. She never really did anything like this either. "Why don't we go get something to eat." She said. Without knowing what kind of going out this was, Elie was also unsure what to say. She felt like with this, they could talk and get to know each other. "There's that place around the corner, it has great milkshakes." She continued.

Adrian nodded as he followed her along. "Right, something to eat." He agreed as he smiled shyly. He was unsure of what the point of their going out together was, but he didn't mind it just being the two of them enjoying some time together for now. He knew that it would maybe become something more later but now it was just a friendly exchange and a tour to a restaurant. "Sure, we can go there. Lead the way." He said with a little smile as he looked at her.

"Alright." Elie said with a smile and a nod. She turned around from his desk to face the direction of the classrooms door. She began to head towards it. She was silent at first when she got into the hallway. There seemed to be some people who had already left, yet some who stayed; usually ones who have after school activities. She wondered slightly what the people around them thought about Elie and Adrian walking out of the room together and down the hall. She headed for the entrance of the building and out of the school. It was nice outside, warms but with a cool breeze that made it refreshing. "So, Adrian. What do you like to do?" She finally broke the silence. She went towards the the sidewalk and turned a right away from the school.

"Yeah..." Adrian went with her outside the classroom as they went out together. He didn't know what to say to her at first, mostly because he didn't want to do something stupid or reckless when he got to finally talk to her. He bit his lip as he looked at her with a shy expression on his face. "Well... I attend archery in my free time... but that's not really exciting for you, at all." He said with a blush on his face. He glanced over at her and smiled softly. "Let's just grab something to eat first..." He said softly as he looked towards the place they were heading. "What kind of place is it?" He asked with a soft smile on his face. He never knew that it was so lovely to be with another person, have fun and talk to each other like good friends. But what if they became more than just friends? He was scared that it would become something like that, something new and strange that he had never experienced before in his life. "So... What do you like to do?" He asked with a slight blush.

"Archery, I didn't know that. You should show me sometime. Or maybe teach me some things, if you don't mind having a terrible student." She said beck to him with a little giggle. "Hm, well it's sort of like a fast food restaurant but the food is still pretty good and you do have someone waiting on you. All you do is take a seat in a chair or one of the booths and a waiter or waitress comes." She explained. "It's actually where I work, I am one of the waitresses but I have off today. I usually end up eating dinner there a lot after I work. The owner is nice and likes to take care of me." At that time Elie could see the place in the distance. She pointed to it. "I like to write, I tend to get lost in my writing and not realize what is happening around me. Oh and drawing it fun for me too." They got to the building and Elie opened up the door. She made her way over one of the plastic booth chairs and sat down.

"Ah, well, it's nothing special, really. It's just shooting an arrow and learning to hit the bulls-eye. It's not really something to be admired by others but I guess I could show you one day... if you really want to see." He smiled slightly at her as he looked in front of himself, loving the calm atmosphere there seemed to be when they talked to each other. He hadn't been so calm around another person for years. "Ah, well that seems like a nice place to go. Even if I might look like it, I don't really go to fancy restaurants, so don't worry about disappointing me, I'm really just an ordinary person... well ordinary except for the house I live in, it's a bit... I don't know what to call it." He said with a little smile on his face as he looked at the place when she pointed it out. "Ah, you work there? Guess I'll come visit more often. When do you usually take shifts?" Somehow it felt like that a wall had broken down between them, and he was way more calm.

Elie blushed slightly when he mentioned for him to visit more but a larger smile began to form on her face. "Ah, well I usually work the dinner shift. Though the days tend to range, they call me and ask me to come. Hm, but I've been working on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays a lot recently." She said to him. "I could make you one of my milkshakes. I made it up myself, so it's not on the menu. I usually have it myself but I would be glad to share it with someone." She sat down at one of the booths and waited for one of the waiters to arrive. She knew most of them, considering they were her co-workers.

Adrian smiled softly as he looked at her, feeling happy for the first time in his life, like he had something he could say he wanted to live for. "The dinner shift it is, then... alright, I'll see if I can show up as often as possible, I still need to attend archery practice... ah okay, my practice is Mondays so I guess that's fine..." He smiled softly as he looked at her. "I'd love to taste it, it sounds like fun. Do you make things that aren't on the menu often? Have you considered putting some of it on the menu?" He asked her, curious about her. First time in his life, he was curious about someone, how they were doing, and their life. He had never thought that he and Elie would get so well along with each other.

"I'll make sure to be the best waitress you ever had." She joked with him, putting a little giggle at the end. "Only drinks really. I'm not the best in the kitchen but I like to mix different types of drinks. It's weird I know but different tastes actually go good together. So I tend to make up milkshakes and fruit drinks." She thought for a moment. "I never thought of asking them to be put on the menu. But I don't know..I might like to keep some of them a secret between us."

"You would already be if you're just like this when you're a waitress." Adrian smiled with a little blush on his face, looking at her most of the time. "Drinks, huh... I'm pretty talented in cooking, though, but I've never thought of using it for anything..." He admitted with an awkward smile as he looked around. "Anyways, that sounds nice. We could name one of them together, if you'd like. That way it'd be totally ours and no one could take that away from us." He said with a little giggle.

Elie blushed, his words just made her feel so happy. "Yeah." She replied. "I beat we could come up with a great name for it. Then every time you come you can ask for it and I can make it for you. But, you're good with cooking? Really, that's great. If I make anything it usually turns out burnt." She made a small giggle, embarrassed by the fact that she couldn't cook. "My mother always says I need to practice or else I won't get a husband." Those last words made Elie more embarrassed for some reason, her face bright red. "Uh, Um, I mean...never mind." Just then a waiter came to take their order. He asked her if he wanted what she normally got and she nodded.

"I don't usually see you with other people Elie. It's interesting." He said to her. Elie made a slight pout.

"Well, you'll probably be seeing us around a lot, maybe I'll make you wait on us all the time and make you run around every where." She mentioned jokingly.

Adrian smiled slightly as he looked at her, happiness filling him and making him less nervous. Though he was still blushing slightly. "I'm sure of that, you're probably good at naming things. And sure, I'll come ask for that every time I'm here when you are." He said with a smile on his face and looked at her. "Yeah, I'm pretty good with cooking. Self-taught myself after some things happened and I had to learn how to cook myself." He blushed slightly as she mentioned the thing about getting a husband, and he said something he hadn't meant to. "Well... I wouldn't mind it if I were to be your husband..." He blushed heavily as he realized what he said. "I mean... n-not like that, what I meant was--"

When he was about to say something, the waiter came by and he fell silent, watching them talk to each other.

It surprised him to hear that Elie wasn't a totally popular girl, seeing as she was always so nice and from what he had learned today, she had a great personality as well. He hadn't meant to make it awkward but now he was blushing deep red.

Obviously Adrian's responses were making Elie blush even more but at least to her relief, afraid that she would make a fool of herself, the waiter appeared. The waiter looked over at Adrian and smiled.

"Elie never brings anyone hear to eat with her, she's always on her own working." He said with a sigh, though still smiling. "Elie must be into you a lot to step away from all her work to hang out with you."

"Huh? Patrick, stop it. He's my friend." To Elie's dismay, the waiter appearing wasn't really helping her calm down.

"What would you like?" Patrick then said, still laughing.

Adrian hoped that they wouldn't get back onto the topic about husbands and wives anytime soon again, because he was quite embarrassed about it already from what he had been saying honestly like an idiot.

Adrian blushed slightly at this and smiled to the waiter. "It's really not like that, we're just in the same class, it's not like we're going out or anything..." He felt that it sounded wrong, though when he said it it sounded like the truth.

Adrian smiled slightly at Elie when the waiter looked at her, and he was a little happy at the thought of dating her.

He looked at Elie and asked her to pick whatever she wanted for them both.

Elie smiled. "Let's see, give him what I ordered. Okay?" The waiter nodded and headed off for the kitchen. "Sorry about that, he can be nosy at times." She brushed some hair out of her face that had fallen there just moments ago. "Now let's see where were we? Oh yeah. So, you like to cook. Is there anything else you like?" She then asked. "I've seem you in the library before so you probably like to read but is there anything else. Like, something that you just find so much joy from doing it that that's all you want to do. That you just caught up in it and never want to stop." She began to think about the feelings she gets when writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.