The 100 - Sign-Up//OOC - Accepting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Brea:

I've done a "minimalist" edit of Esme's post that hopefully squares the circle of letting Rhea keep her resin and silk sword, not botching Baldur's post, being consistent with the "no silk and resin 'magic' rule" and making her actions consistent with the fact that the supply drop came a few nights ago. :) Please let me know if the fix works.

That could work, except for the supply drop that came down before the drop-ship (mentioned in this post for Rhea. Now Esme knows the Consumers are coming soon, so she'll be in 'OMG! Have to find something we can use, quick!' mode, so not really in a position to indulge purely intellectual interests. Plus I still have to find out of Brea wants to keep Rhea's silk-and-resin sword. :)
wait...that was the supply box? Like theeeeeeee supply box? :o so the 100 don't have any supplies now, do they?

Posted with some of my characters. I will post as Baldur once Zarko gets Esme's post in.

Poor Hal XD I'm sure this is how he is feeling right now.

latest

Ah, wish I would have noticed this before it got started. (I hate jumping in even if something just barely started, just... all of the reading...)
It was a real shame the GM disappeared on the last one and it died before it really started.
I might try to read through everything and then join up (as long as I would be allowed, of course).
I'd probably use my characters from the last ones (with some changes and touch ups, since... even just looking back a month I feel like everything I did back then sucked.), as well as some new ones.
Maybe, not sure.
Depends on how much studying I have to do...
I have so many tests this week. D:
Ah, well we'd be more than happy to have you! ♥

@Brea:

OK, I'm going to edit that post anyway, in order to make Esme's behavior fit with the existence of the previous supply drop. I put that bit in because you gave Rhea a silk-and-resin sword, so I was trying to explain its existence by making the "magic" something Esme was able to do in the past (so Rhea's sword could exist), but wouldn't be able to keep doing.

Also, I apologize for my delay. My ISP had a network outage.
That could work, except for the supply drop that came down before the drop-ship (mentioned in this post for Rhea. Now Esme knows the Consumers are coming soon, so she'll be in 'OMG! Have to find something we can use, quick!' mode, so not really in a position to indulge purely intellectual interests. Plus I still have to find out of Brea wants to keep Rhea's silk-and-resin sword. :)
@Brea:

I've done a "minimalist" edit of Esme's post that hopefully squares the circle of letting Rhea keep her resin and silk sword, not botching Baldur's post, being consistent with the "no silk and resin 'magic' rule" and making her actions consistent with the fact that the supply drop came a few nights ago. :) Please let me know if the fix works.
Yes! Everything looks good now, great thinking! Thank you!

wait...that was the supply box? Like theeeeeeee supply box? :o so the 100 don't have any supplies now, do they?
They do have supplies, but the grounders had taken a look inside the boxes. They probably took a few things, but stuff like cans of food they didn't recognize or saw as a very consumeristic object, because of their beliefs. So a few things are missing from the boxes, but not enough to actually cause any real harm to the 100.

They do have supplies, but the grounders had taken a look inside the boxes. They probably took a few things, but stuff like cans of food they didn't recognize or saw as a very consumeristic object, because of their beliefs. So a few things are missing from the boxes, but not enough to actually cause any real harm to the 100.
Ahh, okay. And about how big is this box? and what are the contents of it as far as numbers and specific items?

Ahh, okay. And about how big is this box? and what are the contents of it as far as numbers and specific items?
I hadn't really thought that specific, but here we go:
Canned foods- As much as the Ark felt they could give up. The Council estimated that as long as the 100 rationed carefully the food could last them for 6-8 weeks.
Knives- You best believe that the Council had a hard time deciding whether or not these should be included. But, because they could not leave the minors completely vulnerable to any life on the ground, they decided to include them. They could also be used for cutting fabric, and coconuts and such. However, the council decided to only give them 8.
Sleeping bags- Although the Council was 86% sure that the climate of the island was generally warm, they could not be certain. So, they decided to send one sleeping bag per person.
Tarps- There are 15 tarps in the boxes, and are a decent size.
Clothing- The Council just stuffed a box full of clothing of all sizes for both genders. For the sake of making things easier in the roleplay, we're going to say that there's enough clothes for each person to have 1 complete change of clothing in their size. The shirts and pants are pretty plain, and easy to move around in, and all pairs of shoes are black boots. But, for the boots they each have their name attached to the laces, so that everyone is ensured to get one in their correct size.
Paper and Pencils- There are only 10 pieces of paper, and 4 pencils. They are to be used wisely, and the Ark's original intent was for the purpose of mapping. However, because the communication program installed in their wristbands aren't working (which will be explained further in Clary's next post) there is no way for the 100 and the Ark to talk back and fourth, so the children will not know this is what the paper is meant for.
10 Gallons of water- Again, this must be rationalized carefully, until the 100 are ready to boil their own water.
2 pans- For boiling water mainly, but the 100 may find other uses for these.
How-To Booklet- This booklet describes how to pitch a tent from the tarps, how to purify water (in case none of them know you have to boil it), how to start a fire, and how to use their wrist bands. However, the wrist band part will be practically useless, since it has malfunctioned. Now the wristbands can only transmit the health of each character to the Ark, and nothing else.

The boxes are about 4ft wide on all 4 sides, and 4.5ft tall, giving it a volume of 18ft squared.

@Justice_20 , Does this sound good to you?

Last edited:
Canned foods- As much as the Ark felt they could give up. The Council estimated that as long as the 100 rationed carefully the food could last them for 6-8 weeks.
Knives- You best believe that the Council had a hard time deciding whether or not these should be included. But, because they could not leave the minors completely vulnerable to any life on the ground, they decided to include them. They could also be used for cutting fabric, and coconuts and such. However, there was a limited supply to begin with, and after the boxes were opened by the Grounders there are only 8 left.
Sleeping bags- Although the Council was 86% sure that the climate of the island was generally warm, they could not be certain. So, they decided to send one sleeping per person.
Tarps- There are 15 tarps left in the boxes, and even the Council isn't sure how many they sent down in the first place. They really just stuffed as many as they could into one box.
Clothing- Again, the Council just stuffed a box full of clothing of all sizes for both genders. For the sake of making things easier in the roleplay, we're going to say that there's enough clothes for each person to have 1 complete change of clothing in their size. The shirts and pants are pretty plain, and easy to move around in, and all pairs of shoes are black boots. But, for the boots they each have their name attached to the laces, so that everyone is ensured to get one in their correct size.
Paper and Pencils- There are only 10 pieces of paper, and 4 pencils. They are to be used wisely, and the Ark's original intent was for the purpose of mapping. However, because the communication program installed in their wristbands aren't working (which will be explained further in Clary's next post) there is no way for the 100 and the Ark to talk back and fourth, so the children will not know this is what the paper is meant for.
10 Gallons of water- Again, this must be rationalized carefully, until the 100 are ready to boil their own water.
How-To Booklet- This booklet describes how to pitch a tent from the tarps, how to purify water (in case none of them know you have to boil it), how to start a fire, and how to use their wrist bands. However, the wrist band part will be practically useless, since it has malfunctioned. Now the wristbands can only transmit the health of each character to the Ark, and nothing else.

The boxes are about 4ft wide on all 4 sides, and 4.5ft tall, giving it a volume of 18ft squared.

yeah sounds good with me!

@Freyalise i am thinking through most of the beginning Calixto and Hal should have a rivalry and buttheads a lot

@Freyalise i am thinking through most of the beginning Calixto and Hal should have a rivalry and buttheads a lot
Yes, I was just about to mention something. As I was reading it, I was just like 'oooooooooooh no he didn't' :p He better watch it for when sabine is back up and at it. She won't be as lenient as Hal.

Yes, I was just about to mention something. As I was reading it, I was just like 'oooooooooooh no he didn't' :p He better watch it for when sabine is back up and at it. She won't be as lenient as Hal.
oh god he may needs some right hand men lol

Knives- You best believe that the Council had a hard time deciding whether or not these should be included. But, because they could not leave the minors completely vulnerable to any life on the ground, they decided to include them. They could also be used for cutting fabric, and coconuts and such. However, there was a limited supply to begin with, and after the boxes were opened by the Grounders there are only 8 left.
Sleeping bags- Although the Council was 86% sure that the climate of the island was generally warm, they could not be certain. So, they decided to send one sleeping per person.
Tarps- There are 15 tarps left in the boxes, and even the Council isn't sure how many they sent down in the first place. They really just stuffed as many as they could into one box.
Clothing- Again, the Council just stuffed a box full of clothing of all sizes for both genders. For the sake of making things easier in the roleplay, we're going to say that there's enough clothes for each person to have 1 complete change of clothing in their size. The shirts and pants are pretty plain, and easy to move around in, and all pairs of shoes are black boots. But, for the boots they each have their name attached to the laces, so that everyone is ensured to get one in their correct size.

Oh, OK. I may need to edit Esme's most recent post. Since there wasn't any mention of taking stuff, I portrayed her holding the Clan back from opening the containers, concerned that they might be a trap (filled with explosives, poison gas, bioweapons, maybe killer robots or something, if people developed those before the War), but now that the main drop ship has landed, it looks more like supplies.

If she has her druthers, she'd want the Clan to take everything (once they decide to open the containers) so as to deny the "Consumers" anything that would help them stay alive, since she doesn't know they're a bunch of helpless kids.

In her last post, I had her ask Bastianna for advice on whether to pillage the supply drop, or keep the Clan's existence hidden awhile longer by leaving the supplies alone.

If you want a partial looting of the supplies, maybe we could RP that? Esme will propose that she and Baldur and a company of Warriors not on Bastianna's search party go to examine the supply drop. Maybe she could have her people take some of the stuff but put things back together to look undisturbed. Of course, she'd be confused by the clothes--she's expecting the drop-ship to be full of soldiers. "A young girl's dress? Why would they include this? Or any of these clothes? Why would they send colonists first?"

Oh, OK. I may need to edit Esme's most recent post. Since there wasn't any mention of taking stuff, I portrayed her holding the Clan back from opening the containers, concerned that they might be a trap (filled with explosives, poison gas, bioweapons, maybe killer robots or something, if people developed those before the War), but now that the main drop ship has landed, it looks more like supplies.

If she has her druthers, she'd want the Clan to take everything (once they decide to open the containers) so as to deny the "Consumers" anything that would help them stay alive, since she doesn't know they're a bunch of helpless kids.

In her last post, I had her ask Bastianna for advice on whether to pillage the supply drop, or keep the Clan's existence hidden awhile longer by leaving the supplies alone.

If you want a partial looting of the supplies, maybe we could RP that? Esme will propose that she and Baldur and a company of Warriors not on Bastianna's search party go to examine the supply drop. Maybe she could have her people take some of the stuff but put things back together to look undisturbed. Of course, she'd be confused by the clothes--she's expecting the drop-ship to be full of soldiers. "A young girl's dress? Why would they include this? Or any of these clothes? Why would they send colonists first?"
I feel like we need to communicate better, haha.

Don't change a thing in your post! Now that you've said it, it does make more sense that the grounders wouldn't have opened the boxes. So, I'll just edit my post, so that the boxes have been untouched.

It's up to you if you want your grounders to loot the supplies later on in the RP.

oh god he may needs some right hand men lol
eh, I mean Sabine is only one person. But she will create problems for Calixto if Calixto creates problems with Hal. Fair warning.
I feel like we need to communicate better, haha.

Don't change a thing in your post! Now that you've said it, it does make more sense that the grounders wouldn't have opened the boxes. So, I'll just edit my post, so that the boxes have been untouched.

It's up to you if you want your grounders to loot the supplies later on in the RP.
sooooo, are the grounders in possession of the supplies, or are the supplies still in the dropship area?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mr.Scales ⚖
eh, I mean Sabine is only one person. But she will create problems for Calixto if Calixto creates problems with Hal. Fair warning.

sooooo, are the grounders in possession of the supplies, or are the supplies still in the dropship area?
The boxes have been left untouched, so all supplies are still safely tucked away in their boxes ♥ I'm sorry about the confusion.

@Koda:

Rio kinda got punked and took out of the action. If you like, you can have him wake up, and Esme (or maybe Rhea, so Esme isn't doing everything ;) ) can interrogate him, so you can get him back in play. When Esme gets a chance to examine his gun and ammo, she'll notice that it's weathered and old (97+ years old, and having gone through the Apocalypse), providing evidence that Rio didn't come down from the Ark somehow. Then we can try to work out a plausible way for him to get his gun and ammo back, presuming that you want to do so.

@Koda:

Rio kinda got punked and took out of the action. If you like, you can have him wake up, and Esme (or maybe Rhea, so Esme isn't doing everything ;) ) can interrogate him, so you can get him back in play. When Esme gets a chance to examine his gun and ammo, she'll notice that it's weathered and old (97+ years old, and having gone through the Apocalypse), providing evidence that Rio didn't come down from the Ark somehow. Then we can try to work out a plausible way for him to get his gun and ammo back, presuming that you want to do so.
Rhea is most certainly up for interrogation. But, be warned: She was trained for such things when she was younger, before The Chosen One came and turned the grounders into a peaceful bunch. This being said, Rhea will be anything but kind during the interrogation, especially with the knowledge that her people are now in danger ♥

I'll wait a day or two to post again, give others a time to catch up before I continue with my things~

Finally done reading everything I've missed! My reply shall be posted shortly, but then I must head off to bed ♥

Reactions: Stiorra
I'm going to sleep - quick question, can I find Sea Kale? It can basically be used for tons of stuff and I could bring it back so we could start planting it. I'm in the forest so it would make sense that I could find it, and it doubles up as asparagus everyone's favorite green! Sea kale can be eaten in many ways and could be an essential for them as it can be topped over some food or it can be eaten alone as and stuff yeah. I wouldn't mind if I couldn't find it so fast either though haha just an idea of maybe something Benji could find eventually or now?

Status
Not open for further replies.