The 100 - Sign-Up//OOC - Accepting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to sleep - quick question, can I find Sea Kale? It can basically be used for tons of stuff and I could bring it back so we could start planting it. I'm in the forest so it would make sense that I could find it, and it doubles up as asparagus everyone's favorite green! Sea kale can be eaten in many ways and could be an essential for them as it can be topped over some food or it can be eaten alone as and stuff yeah. I wouldn't mind if I couldn't find it so fast either though haha just an idea of maybe something Benji could find eventually or now?
Yeah, great idea! Just wait a few pages for him to discover it, please. If everything happens right away there won't be much excitement later in the RP, ya know?

• Thank You
Reactions: Dramma
Sorry everyone, got caught up in school. Uh, wow, Rio got taken out pretty easily especially since he had a shotgun... But I'll roll with it.

Sorry that took so damn long, I was having issues. But, my reply is up now, and I'm off to bed!

Also, @Koda I will be keeping track of how many bullets your character has left. Because the gun went off when he was captured, he is now down to 10.

Wow lots of posts in a short time XD

Oh jeez... I stopped getting notifications from this thread... Damn it's grown... Whoops. XD

pfft guys don't think about making a home for farming and stuff, have fun we finally got to the ground lol

Reactions: Brea
I haven't posted for him yet but has anyone interacted with River?

I haven't posted for him yet but has anyone interacted with River?
No, not yet. At least not that I've seen, and I read everyones post. You could always do control + F to search for his name.

@Enderdeman the grounders do not use fire, so unless you can find another source for the smoke Kris sees can you please take the smoke part out of your post?

"I hear what people say about me. They think I'm crazy, but I'm not; I just choose to see the monsters under the bed that they ignore."

ion_boy_by_miguelanxo.jpg

(Jaiden stands in at about 5'10, and weighs around 152 pounds. He has black hair, and dark brown eyes. His skin is naturally a light-tan in color.)

Full name:
"I don't really like my middle name, but my mom says Amiel means 'My people belong to God'. I'm not sure whether that's true, but apparently my ancestors from the ground were Jewish or something like that, and that's why I'm stuck with it."

Jaiden Amiel Kovich.

Nicknames:
"Most people just call me crazy, but if you want you can call me Jay."

Jay

"They were counting down the days; They couldn't wait till I'd be floated. I always knew they had it out for me."

Crime Committed:
"It wasn't it a crime, it was common sense."

Theft

Sexual Orientation:
"What is this, an interrogation? Stay out of my business."

Heterosexual

Significant Other:
"Like I'd ever be stupid enough to fall into that trap. I might as well draw a target on my back and hand someone a knife."

N/A

Strengths:
"I know what you're planning. You won't get the upper hand."

Though few, being paranoid does have it's perks. Due to his suspicious nature, Jaiden is very observant, and will often notice things others wouldn't. If something is out of place, whether it be a sound in the distance, a pile of disturbed leaves, or something missing from a box of supplies, Jaiden is probably going to notice it almost immediately. He carefully keeps track of things in his mind, and can recall details quite well. Give him a date and a time, and he'll tell you every person he saw and what they were doing. You can't be too careful when you think everyone is out to get you, after all. He is also quite intelligent, though this trait is often masked by his constant paranoia. Despite his lanky exterior, he is relatively strong, and can be quite helpful when it comes to hard labor - that is, if you can convince him to help you.

Weaknesses:
"I don't have any, but even if I did I wouldn't tell you. Why should I make it easier for you to stab me in the back?"

His largest, as well as most noticeable weakness, is his paranoia. He believes almost everyone is out to get him, and is constantly believing in worst-case scenarios. This paranoia causes him to act like a coward at times, and has also turned him into a very anti-social person. He is more on the clumsy side.

Station they were born in:
"I couldn't even fit in with trash."

Station 10 - Janitors

Personality:
"I'm no trusting idiot like the rest of you."

Jaiden is very observant, and often notices things others wouldn't. While this trait is usually helpful, it often causes him to get wrapped up in the details, and he usually misses the big picture. Though relatively intelligent, his paranoia often dilutes his thinking, causing him to act in a reckelss- at times irrational - way. He believes that almost everyone has sinister intentions, and is known to come up with strange conspiracy theories and scheme against others. At times his beliefs are so out there that you can't help but wonder if he's serious. He is very anti-social, and has difficulty feeling empathy, something which causes him to often come off as aloof or cold. He can be controlling at times, especially if he views someone to be a particular threat. Despite all this, he is not particularly cruel. He has never actually hurt someone, and wouldn't unless he felt he had no choice. As friendships never have been his strong point, and likely never will be, he forms virtually no relationships with others. If for some reason he does deem you an acceptable friend or ally, he will be extremely loyal - to the point that it borders on clingy, or obsessive; So much so that many would even view this attachment as creepy or pathetic, instead of sweet. He also believes that those he are close to are subject to the same plotting against that he himself thinks is being carried out against him - so if you make friends with him, be prepared for stories of how everyone you meet is planning to kill you.

Biography:
"I don't mind it in my cell so much. At least the others can't get me when I'm in here. I just wish I hadn't dragged Immy into this mess. They made her do it, you know. They saw she was my friend and they knew they had to get rid of her. It wasn't fair."

From a young age, Jaiden always had trouble connecting with others. While other toddlers smiled and reached for their parents, Jaiden was distant and uninterested. He cried less often than was normal for a child his age, and rarely gave anything other than a glance in their direction when his parents cooed or rocked him. He preferred to be alone, and wouldn't interact with his peers. Of course, children of such a young age are limited in their social interaction, but Jaiden was more so. He wouldn't even look at any other children, and whenever they set him alongside another toddler he seemed more interested in his own hands or a nearby dustbunny.

This all seemed to change though, during his third year. At this time, one of the families in the block welcomed a new member of the family - A daughter named Imogen. Jaiden's attention was instantly stolen by this small creature, and for once in his life he actually seemed to want to spend time with another human being.

As the years went by, Jaiden never seemed to tire of Imogen. Though he originally seemed to view her as more of a strange attraction than a living breathing person, over time they came to rely quite heavily on each other. The two were practically joined at the hip, and it was considered an oddity to see them apart. This strong friendship, however, did not stop Jaiden from becoming increasingly paranoid and withdrawn as he grew older. He would often come up with strange conspiracy theories, and would share them with anyone who tried to strike up a conversation with him. This gained him a bit of a reputation throughout the Ark; As could be expected, this caused many to view him with derision, and he was often the subject of ridicule by the other children. At times, even adults would treat him badly, whether this was through jokes whispered behind his backs, or smirks, eye rolls, and subtle rude comments when they interacted with him.

He began to make a regular habit of stealing, whether the item stolen was practical or completely useless. He hoarded these items he stole in his room - food, clothes, scraps of metals, spare tools, paper, pencils, and even the occasional small knife - you name it, Jaiden wanted it. Though his parents had suspicions, the only person who really knew was Imogen. Frightened for his welfare, she would often caution - or even beg - him to stop. Jaiden would become hysterical at the mere idea of it, though, and would begin ranting and raving about how important every item he had stole was. In his mind, he was not committing a crime, but a necessity. He believed that one day he would need those items, and that without them him and Imogen would come to some sort of horrible end.

For a long while, he got away with it. He was both observant and intelligent, something which made stealing much easier for him. Even when he did act suspiciously, no one paid him much notice, and simply chalked it up to the neighborhood weirdo being his usual self. Everything must come to an end though, and at the age of 12 Jaiden finally became his own downfall. It was a simple mistake, but it started a ripple effect that left both him and his only friend in jail. He was caught, and arrested for his crimes - sentenced to the same thing all juvenile offenders were sentenced to - jail time until the age of 18, at which point his fate would be decided.

Other:

Jaiden has been incredibly close friends with another of the 100, Imogen Pace, since childhood. He views the girl as a younger sister, and she in turn views him as an older brother.

Theme song:

"It's kind of scary, the shape I'm in
The walls are shakin' and they're closing in
Too fast or a bit too slow
I'm paranoid of people and it's starting to show"

"Sometimes I worry that, deep down, I'm out to get myself just as much as everyone else is. Immy, what do I do? It's not like I can get away from me."

I'd prefer if Rio got released after my next post, as it is pretty uneventful when he's tied up and imprisoned.

Attachments

• 7m7lbGa.jpg
    7m7lbGa.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 3
Yup, I was going to suggest that. Sorry for stealing you.

"I always say it was a mistake, that I was just a kid who didn't know what she was doing - that I never meant to kill that man. Don't get me wrong, that's true - but if I could go back in time, I'd do it all over again. They tried to take away my lifeline, the only person who cared about me. I didn't have a choice but to fight. Whether I'm in solitary confinement, or in my home block, without Jaiden I'm alone - even when I'm with people I'm all alone."

Marianne%20grille.jpg

(Imogen stands in at about 4'8, and weighs roughly 92 pounds. Her eyes are a dark greyish-blue in color.)

Full name:
"I don't have a middle name. My parents always said it was so I could keep my maiden name when I got married (as if that was ever going to happen). If you ask me, though, they were just too lazy to think one up."

Imogen Pace

Nicknames:
"Unless I say you're allowed to do otherwise, you call me Imogen. Got it?"

Immy, Itty Bitty Immy/Little Bit/Itty Bit, Mo

For the most part, she hates being called anything but Imogen. There are exceptions, however, with Jayden being the main one. He's called her Immy for as long as she can remember, and she's quite okay with this. She views this as a privilege which should only be granted to her best friend, however, and can get indignant when others call her that.
When she was very small, Jayden used to call her "Itty bitty Immy". As this was well known, the name lingered with her after, and due to her small size many would tease her by calling her by that name, or more often "Itty bit", "Little bit", or something else along those lines. For those that know her, they understand that this is a sure-fire way to make her mad.
She has also been called Mo by a few, which she doesn't entirely understand.

"I'm barely grown and I've been stuck in a jail cell for about a third of my life, even though we all know I'll be floated the second I turn 18. That sound like justice to you?"

Crime Committed:
"People act like I'm a monster, but I was just a kid - a kid who was scared of losing her best friend. It's not fair; It was their fault, not mine."

Murder

Sexual Orientation:
"Last time I was truly around people, I was nine. You think I've had time to figure that out?"

Currently Unsure
(Mainly due to her young age and lack of contact with others)

Significant Other:
"Like that's ever going to happen. There's no way I'm ending up like my parents."

N/A

Strengths:
"I could totally beat you in a fight, if that's what you're asking."

Many of Imogen's strengths, while they often help her, are also her downfall at time. One such trait is her courage. She is rarely scared, and even when she is she usually doesn't allow it to phase her. She's a very determined girl, and once she's decided something or put a plan into motion it's almost impossible to change her mind or stop her. She is not one to hold in her thoughts or feelings (for the most part), and is very outspoken. If she wants something, she'll almost always make it known. Though she rarely stops to think, when she does she can be quite resourceful. She is very agile, and has no trouble moving both quickly and quietly.

Weaknesses:
"I guess I have my problems. They're not as bad as yours or anything, though - I mean, I'm not broken."

Not only is Imogen brave, she is also very impulsive - to the point of stupidity. She has difficulty controlling her emotions, or knowing when to speak and when not to speak, and is often quite argumentative and at times volatile. Her years in solitary confinement stunted both her physical and psychological growth, and left her with some emotional problems. Though she acts anything but it, she is physically weak and quite frail. The fact that she refuses to acknowledge it and take her limitations into account only makes it worse. While she is extroverted and willing to reach out to people, her social skills are lacking. She has quite a few insecurities, all of which she tries to mask with a cocky attitude and displays of force.

"I was destined to live a life of grandeur, obviously."

Station 10 - Janitors

Personality:
"I guess I've never had many fans. Jaiden always liked me though... so I can't be that bad, right? I mean, he doesn't trust anyone."

Imogen has always had a knack for getting into trouble. Impulsive and brave to a fault, she often rushes into situations without a second thought. She has difficulty accepting her own weaknesses, and will go to great lengths to prove she doesn't have them. She's not the best at controlling her emotions, and is at times prone to violent outbursts. She is very outspoken and argumentative, and if someone says something she doesn't agree with, or she even just doesn't like their tone, it is not at all rare for her to try and start some sort of fight. She's not exactly cruel, or trying to be rude, though it often comes across that way. She simply isn't very good at taking others' feelings into consideration. Having spent so many years alone, she never moved past thinking in a childish manner. She is prone to prejudice, and often views things in a blocky black and white sort of way - generalizing and viewing people as either entirely good or entirely bad. This can at times leave her open to manipulation, though her own anger and Jaiden's paranoia generally stops this from happening. Though she can be quite difficult to get along with, she really does want friends, and is incredibly overprotective of those she has.

Biography:
"My parents were great at pretending everything was perfect when we were in public. It's too bad they couldn't pretend so well when we were at home. I never minded it that much though. I had Jaiden, why should I?"

Imogen was born into an unhappy family. Her parents had rushed into marriage at an early age, and soon found themselves regretting it. They would often play the picture perfect family out in public, talking sweetly to each other and doting on their daughter. When at home, though, they spent more time fighting than paying attention to her. Though it bothered her, she got more than enough attention from Jaiden. She couldn't remember a time when he hadn't been within running distant. He was almost always right at her side, and even when he wasn't he was close enough that she could reach him with a few steps and a knock on a door. She considered him an older brother, and liked to think that he thought of her as a little sister.

Despite the fact that Jaiden was three years older, Imogen had always been fiercely protective of him. She felt it was her responsibility to keep him safe. After all, no one else seemed to be that nice to him. She could never understand why; In her eyes he had little, if any, faults. He was a bit paranoid, but she felt that other people had given him good reason to. She was constantly trying to calm his paranoia, and helped keep him calm when he got too out of hand. It angered her greatly when others spoke badly of him, and it was common to see her waving her fists and yelling insults at anyone who so much as looked in their direction.

When Jaiden stole, he would often give her small presents. These gifts were usually harmless little things, like extra bits of food and handfuls of crayons or colored pencils ; Occasionally though he would give her something bigger or more dangerous, such as on one occasion when he gave her a small knife - which he demonstrated how to use and said was essential she not only took it, but kept it with her at all times, if she was going to protect herself from harm. When she finally found out how he was obtaining these, she was horrified. She knew what happened to criminals, and was sickened by the mere idea of him being taken away from her. She tried time and time again to get him to stop, but he became hysterical at the mere idea of it. Eventually, she gave up, and instead helped him come up with better ways to hide what he was doing.

Eventually though, he slipped up. An order to arrest him was issued, and what followed was largely the result of carelessness. For whatever reason, only one peacekeeper - who was not only young, but new to the job and naive - was sent to arrest Jaiden. As usual, Imogen was right by his side. As she was a young, small for her age, and overall looked entirely harmless the peacekeeper paid her no attention whatsoever - not bothering to even glance at her again after his initial appraisal of the situation. He didn't expect her to react so violently like she did, and he certainly didn't think she would have a weapon. He was wrong in both accounts, however. Already overwhelmed, Jaiden's panicked expression only further terrified her. She fumbled around for the knife Jaiden had given her. Sickened by the thought of losing the only person she felt cared for her, and in a desperate attempt to stop Jaiden's arrest, she attacked the peacekeeper. Though a bit of a weakling even then, and not thinking straight, she managed to make a lucky hit. The second she saw the blood though, both her and Jaiden began to panic more. The peacekeeper was unsure as to whether he should stay with the two children, or go to get medical help. The scene was certainly a chaotic one, and by the time everything was over the peacekeeper had lost too much blood - which left not only Jaiden thrown in jail, but Imogen in solitary confinement.

Other:
"I'll never go back to that life. Never. I'll kill to stop it, whether I have to kill someone else or myself."

Imogen's time in confinement left her not only slightly claustrophobic, but unnerved by the idea of being alone, and absolutely terrified by silence. The mere idea of being left alone for an extended amount of time, or the threat of being locked up is often enough to send her into a panic.
She often talks to herself when alone, or when no one else is making noise, to help keep away the quiet.
She has nightmares from time to time.
She's close friends with another of the 100, Jaiden Amiel Kovich. She considers him an older brother, and he in turn considers her a little sister.

Theme song:

"Take me
from this world
save me
what if we all die young?"

"Everyone is afraid of the monsters that hide in the dark. Me though, I'm much more frightened by silence. That's where the true monsters hide."

"I hear what people say about me. They think I'm crazy, but I'm not; I just choose to see the monsters under the bed that they ignore."

ion_boy_by_miguelanxo.jpg

(Jaiden stands in at about 5'10, and weighs around 152 pounds. He has black hair, and dark brown eyes. His skin is naturally a light-tan in color.)

Full name:
"I don't really like my middle name, but my mom says Amiel means 'My people belong to God'. I'm not sure whether that's true, but apparently my ancestors from the ground were Jewish or something like that, and that's why I'm stuck with it."

Jaiden Amiel Kovich.

Nicknames:
"Most people just call me crazy, but if you want you can call me Jay."

Jay

"They were counting down the days; They couldn't wait till I'd be floated. I always knew they had it out for me."

Crime Committed:
"It wasn't it a crime, it was common sense."

Theft

Sexual Orientation:
"What is this, an interrogation? Stay out of my business."

Heterosexual

Significant Other:
"Like I'd ever be stupid enough to fall into that trap. I might as well draw a target on my back and hand someone a knife."

N/A

Strengths:
"I know what you're planning. You won't get the upper hand."

Though few, being paranoid does have it's perks. Due to his suspicious nature, Jaiden is very observant, and will often notice things others wouldn't. If something is out of place, whether it be a sound in the distance, a pile of disturbed leaves, or something missing from a box of supplies, Jaiden is probably going to notice it almost immediately. He carefully keeps track of things in his mind, and can recall details quite well. Give him a date and a time, and he'll tell you every person he saw and what they were doing. You can't be too careful when you think everyone is out to get you, after all. He is also quite intelligent, though this trait is often masked by his constant paranoia. Despite his lanky exterior, he is relatively strong, and can be quite helpful when it comes to hard labor - that is, if you can convince him to help you.

Weaknesses:
"I don't have any, but even if I did I wouldn't tell you. Why should I make it easier for you to stab me in the back?"

His largest, as well as most noticeable weakness, is his paranoia. He believes almost everyone is out to get him, and is constantly believing in worst-case scenarios. This paranoia causes him to act like a coward at times, and has also turned him into a very anti-social person. He is more on the clumsy side.

"I couldn't even fit in with trash."

Station 10 - Janitors

Personality:
"I'm no trusting idiot like the rest of you."

Jaiden is very observant, and often notices things others wouldn't. While this trait is usually helpful, it often causes him to get wrapped up in the details, and he usually misses the big picture. Though relatively intelligent, his paranoia often dilutes his thinking, causing him to act in a reckelss- at times irrational - way. He believes that almost everyone has sinister intentions, and is known to come up with strange conspiracy theories and scheme against others. At times his beliefs are so out there that you can't help but wonder if he's serious. He is very anti-social, and has difficulty feeling empathy, something which causes him to often come off as aloof or cold. He can be controlling at times, especially if he views someone to be a particular threat. Despite all this, he is not particularly cruel. He has never actually hurt someone, and wouldn't unless he felt he had no choice. As friendships never have been his strong point, and likely never will be, he forms virtually no relationships with others. If for some reason he does deem you an acceptable friend or ally, he will be extremely loyal - to the point that it borders on clingy, or obsessive; So much so that many would even view this attachment as creepy or pathetic, instead of sweet. He also believes that those he are close to are subject to the same plotting against that he himself thinks is being carried out against him - so if you make friends with him, be prepared for stories of how everyone you meet is planning to kill you.

Biography:
"I don't mind it in my cell so much. At least the others can't get me when I'm in here. I just wish I hadn't dragged Immy into this mess. They made her do it, you know. They saw she was my friend and they knew they had to get rid of her. It wasn't fair."

From a young age, Jaiden always had trouble connecting with others. While other toddlers smiled and reached for their parents, Jaiden was distant and uninterested. He cried less often than was normal for a child his age, and rarely gave anything other than a glance in their direction when his parents cooed or rocked him. He preferred to be alone, and wouldn't interact with his peers. Of course, children of such a young age are limited in their social interaction, but Jaiden was more so. He wouldn't even look at any other children, and whenever they set him alongside another toddler he seemed more interested in his own hands or a nearby dustbunny.

This all seemed to change though, during his third year. At this time, one of the families in the block welcomed a new member of the family - A daughter named Imogen. Jaiden's attention was instantly stolen by this small creature, and for once in his life he actually seemed to want to spend time with another human being.

As the years went by, Jaiden never seemed to tire of Imogen. Though he originally seemed to view her as more of a strange attraction than a living breathing person, over time they came to rely quite heavily on each other. The two were practically joined at the hip, and it was considered an oddity to see them apart. This strong friendship, however, did not stop Jaiden from becoming increasingly paranoid and withdrawn as he grew older. He would often come up with strange conspiracy theories, and would share them with anyone who tried to strike up a conversation with him. This gained him a bit of a reputation throughout the Ark; As could be expected, this caused many to view him with derision, and he was often the subject of ridicule by the other children. At times, even adults would treat him badly, whether this was through jokes whispered behind his backs, or smirks, eye rolls, and subtle rude comments when they interacted with him.

He began to make a regular habit of stealing, whether the item stolen was practical or completely useless. He hoarded these items he stole in his room - food, clothes, scraps of metals, spare tools, paper, pencils, and even the occasional small knife - you name it, Jaiden wanted it. Though his parents had suspicions, the only person who really knew was Imogen. Frightened for his welfare, she would often caution - or even beg - him to stop. Jaiden would become hysterical at the mere idea of it, though, and would begin ranting and raving about how important every item he had stole was. In his mind, he was not committing a crime, but a necessity. He believed that one day he would need those items, and that without them him and Imogen would come to some sort of horrible end.

For a long while, he got away with it. He was both observant and intelligent, something which made stealing much easier for him. Even when he did act suspiciously, no one paid him much notice, and simply chalked it up to the neighborhood weirdo being his usual self. Everything must come to an end though, and at the age of 12 Jaiden finally became his own downfall. It was a simple mistake, but it started a ripple effect that left both him and his only friend in jail. He was caught, and arrested for his crimes - sentenced to the same thing all juvenile offenders were sentenced to - jail time until the age of 18, at which point his fate would be decided.

Other:

Jaiden has been incredibly close friends with another of the 100, Imogen Pace, since childhood. He views the girl as a younger sister, and she in turn views him as an older brother.

Theme song:

"It's kind of scary, the shape I'm in
The walls are shakin' and they're closing in
Too fast or a bit too slow
I'm paranoid of people and it's starting to show"

"Sometimes I worry that, deep down, I'm out to get myself just as much as everyone else is. Immy, what do I do? It's not like I can get away from me."

"I always say it was a mistake, that I was just a kid who didn't know what she was doing - that I never meant to kill that man. Don't get me wrong, that's true - but if I could go back in time, I'd do it all over again. They tried to take away my lifeline, the only person who cared about me. I didn't have a choice but to fight. Whether I'm in solitary confinement, or in my home block, without Jaiden I'm alone - even when I'm with people I'm all alone."

Marianne%20grille.jpg

(Imogen stands in at about 4'8, and weighs roughly 92 pounds. Her eyes are a dark greyish-blue in color.)

Full name:
"I don't have a middle name. My parents always said it was so I could keep my maiden name when I got married (as if that was ever going to happen). If you ask me, though, they were just too lazy to think one up."

Imogen Pace

Nicknames:
"Unless I say you're allowed to do otherwise, you call me Imogen. Got it?"

Immy, Itty Bitty Immy/Little Bit/Itty Bit, Mo

For the most part, she hates being called anything but Imogen. There are exceptions, however, with Jayden being the main one. He's called her Immy for as long as she can remember, and she's quite okay with this. She views this as a privilege which should only be granted to her best friend, however, and can get indignant when others call her that.
When she was very small, Jayden used to call her "Itty bitty Immy". As this was well known, the name lingered with her after, and due to her small size many would tease her by calling her by that name, or more often "Itty bit", "Little bit", or something else along those lines. For those that know her, they understand that this is a sure-fire way to make her mad.
She has also been called Mo by a few, which she doesn't entirely understand.

"I'm barely grown and I've been stuck in a jail cell for about a third of my life, even though we all know I'll be floated the second I turn 18. That sound like justice to you?"

Crime Committed:
"People act like I'm a monster, but I was just a kid - a kid who was scared of losing her best friend. It's not fair; It was their fault, not mine."

Murder

Sexual Orientation:
"Last time I was truly around people, I was nine. You think I've had time to figure that out?"

Currently Unsure
(Mainly due to her young age and lack of contact with others)

Significant Other:
"Like that's ever going to happen. There's no way I'm ending up like my parents."

N/A

Strengths:
"I could totally beat you in a fight, if that's what you're asking."

Many of Imogen's strengths, while they often help her, are also her downfall at time. One such trait is her courage. She is rarely scared, and even when she is she usually doesn't allow it to phase her. She's a very determined girl, and once she's decided something or put a plan into motion it's almost impossible to change her mind or stop her. She is not one to hold in her thoughts or feelings (for the most part), and is very outspoken. If she wants something, she'll almost always make it known. Though she rarely stops to think, when she does she can be quite resourceful. She is very agile, and has no trouble moving both quickly and quietly.

Weaknesses:
"I guess I have my problems. They're not as bad as yours or anything, though - I mean, I'm not broken."

Not only is Imogen brave, she is also very impulsive - to the point of stupidity. She has difficulty controlling her emotions, or knowing when to speak and when not to speak, and is often quite argumentative and at times volatile. Her years in solitary confinement stunted both her physical and psychological growth, and left her with some emotional problems. Though she acts anything but it, she is physically weak and quite frail. The fact that she refuses to acknowledge it and take her limitations into account only makes it worse. While she is extroverted and willing to reach out to people, her social skills are lacking. She has quite a few insecurities, all of which she tries to mask with a cocky attitude and displays of force.

"I was destined to live a life of grandeur, obviously."

Station 10 - Janitors

Personality:
"I guess I've never had many fans. Jaiden always liked me though... so I can't be that bad, right? I mean, he doesn't trust anyone."

Imogen has always had a knack for getting into trouble. Impulsive and brave to a fault, she often rushes into situations without a second thought. She has difficulty accepting her own weaknesses, and will go to great lengths to prove she doesn't have them. She's not the best at controlling her emotions, and is at times prone to violent outbursts. She is very outspoken and argumentative, and if someone says something she doesn't agree with, or she even just doesn't like their tone, it is not at all rare for her to try and start some sort of fight. She's not exactly cruel, or trying to be rude, though it often comes across that way. She simply isn't very good at taking others' feelings into consideration. Having spent so many years alone, she never moved past thinking in a childish manner. She is prone to prejudice, and often views things in a blocky black and white sort of way - generalizing and viewing people as either entirely good or entirely bad. This can at times leave her open to manipulation, though her own anger and Jaiden's paranoia generally stops this from happening. Though she can be quite difficult to get along with, she really does want friends, and is incredibly overprotective of those she has.

Biography:
"My parents were great at pretending everything was perfect when we were in public. It's too bad they couldn't pretend so well when we were at home. I never minded it that much though. I had Jaiden, why should I?"

Imogen was born into an unhappy family. Her parents had rushed into marriage at an early age, and soon found themselves regretting it. They would often play the picture perfect family out in public, talking sweetly to each other and doting on their daughter. When at home, though, they spent more time fighting than paying attention to her. Though it bothered her, she got more than enough attention from Jaiden. She couldn't remember a time when he hadn't been within running distant. He was almost always right at her side, and even when he wasn't he was close enough that she could reach him with a few steps and a knock on a door. She considered him an older brother, and liked to think that he thought of her as a little sister.

Despite the fact that Jaiden was three years older, Imogen had always been fiercely protective of him. She felt it was her responsibility to keep him safe. After all, no one else seemed to be that nice to him. She could never understand why; In her eyes he had little, if any, faults. He was a bit paranoid, but she felt that other people had given him good reason to. She was constantly trying to calm his paranoia, and helped keep him calm when he got too out of hand. It angered her greatly when others spoke badly of him, and it was common to see her waving her fists and yelling insults at anyone who so much as looked in their direction.

When Jaiden stole, he would often give her small presents. These gifts were usually harmless little things, like extra bits of food and handfuls of crayons or colored pencils ; Occasionally though he would give her something bigger or more dangerous, such as on one occasion when he gave her a small knife - which he demonstrated how to use and said was essential she not only took it, but kept it with her at all times, if she was going to protect herself from harm. When she finally found out how he was obtaining these, she was horrified. She knew what happened to criminals, and was sickened by the mere idea of him being taken away from her. She tried time and time again to get him to stop, but he became hysterical at the mere idea of it. Eventually, she gave up, and instead helped him come up with better ways to hide what he was doing.

Eventually though, he slipped up. An order to arrest him was issued, and what followed was largely the result of carelessness. For whatever reason, only one peacekeeper - who was not only young, but new to the job and naive - was sent to arrest Jaiden. As usual, Imogen was right by his side. As she was a young, small for her age, and overall looked entirely harmless the peacekeeper paid her no attention whatsoever - not bothering to even glance at her again after his initial appraisal of the situation. He didn't expect her to react so violently like she did, and he certainly didn't think she would have a weapon. He was wrong in both accounts, however. Already overwhelmed, Jaiden's panicked expression only further terrified her. She fumbled around for the knife Jaiden had given her. Sickened by the thought of losing the only person she felt cared for her, and in a desperate attempt to stop Jaiden's arrest, she attacked the peacekeeper. Though a bit of a weakling even then, and not thinking straight, she managed to make a lucky hit. The second she saw the blood though, both her and Jaiden began to panic more. The peacekeeper was unsure as to whether he should stay with the two children, or go to get medical help. The scene was certainly a chaotic one, and by the time everything was over the peacekeeper had lost too much blood - which left not only Jaiden thrown in jail, but Imogen in solitary confinement.

Other:
"I'll never go back to that life. Never. I'll kill to stop it, whether I have to kill someone else or myself."

Imogen's time in confinement left her not only slightly claustrophobic, but unnerved by the idea of being alone, and absolutely terrified by silence. The mere idea of being left alone for an extended amount of time, or the threat of being locked up is often enough to send her into a panic.
She often talks to herself when alone, or when no one else is making noise, to help keep away the quiet.
She has nightmares from time to time.
She's close friends with another of the 100, Jaiden Amiel Kovich. She considers him an older brother, and he in turn considers her a little sister.

Theme song:

"Take me
from this world
save me
what if we all die young?"

"Everyone is afraid of the monsters that hide in the dark. Me though, I'm much more frightened by silence. That's where the true monsters hide."
Great! Both are accepted, and I'll add them to the list when one get home later.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Alright, cool. I'll do a starting post later today if I have time (Wednesdays are busy), or tomorrow if I don't.

Under the circumstances, the Clan has (IMO) good reason to just truss Rio up and gag him for longer than we'd want them to as roleplayers. They're going to Defcon One WRT the "Consumers" that have landed, they're trying to hide from them for the time being (and Rio, released, could go straight to them and tell them everything he's seen), and Rio's gun would seem to be very useful (it's the only one!) in their situation.

That said, here's my best go at a plausibility structure for a "Rio Early Release Program:"

Esme examines Rio's gun and ammunition, and the machete. She deduces that the gun is a 100 year-old relic, and not necessarily safe to use. Rio grew up as an abandoned child in a cave; his bio doesn't say anything about learning how to field-strip and clean the gun, and who knows how well or poorly it was cared for before he got it. It's been on a tropical island (thus, subject to humidity, etc.) for a hundred years, though we'll assume Rio has been careful enough to keep it from rusting solid. :) (For roleplaying purposes it'll prove safe to use if Koda wants it to) Being a shotgun, its effective range isn't longer than that of the Clan's bows anyway. Therefore, it won't be a matter of "national security" for the Clan to keep it.

Esme might ask him a couple questions, but she'll be nice about it. His answers, behavior, and appearance (he's younger than she is, his clothes are also 100 year-old relics, not fresh from a Consumer space station, etc.) will persuade her that he's not an immediate threat.

Then River Swiftpaw returns to inform her that the Consumers have landed...and they're a bunch of unarmed kids, WTF?! At this point, Esme decides that honor and justice call for Rio's release and letting him keep his weapons, and that he can't cause an immediate strategic debacle even if he does go to them. She urges him to stay away from the 100 because they are still the heirs of the people who destroyed the world, and their coming is not a good thing for the island or the people who live there. She tries to smooth things over with Rio (maybe giving him some food or something) in hopes that he will not become an enemy of the Clan, then has him released.

Does that work for everybody?

@Koda
@Brea
@Freyalise
@*~Nightjade~*

• Love
Under the circumstances, the Clan has (IMO) good reason to just truss Rio up and gag him for longer than we'd want them to as roleplayers. They're going to Defcon One WRT the "Consumers" that have landed, they're trying to hide from them for the time being (and Rio, released, could go straight to them and tell them everything he's seen), and Rio's gun would seem to be very useful (it's the only one!) in their situation.

That said, here's my best go at a plausibility structure for a "Rio Early Release Program:"

Esme examines Rio's gun and ammunition, and the machete. She deduces that the gun is a 100 year-old relic, and not necessarily safe to use. Rio grew up as an abandoned child in a cave; his bio doesn't say anything about learning how to field-strip and clean the gun, and who knows how well or poorly it was cared for before he got it. It's been on a tropical island (thus, subject to humidity, etc.) for a hundred years, though we'll assume Rio has been careful enough to keep it from rusting solid. :) (For roleplaying purposes it'll prove safe to use if Koda wants it to) Being a shotgun, its effective range isn't longer than that of the Clan's bows anyway. Therefore, it won't be a matter of "national security" for the Clan to keep it.

Esme might ask him a couple questions, but she'll be nice about it. His answers, behavior, and appearance (he's younger than she is, his clothes are also 100 year-old relics, not fresh from a Consumer space station, etc.) will persuade her that he's not an immediate threat.

Then River Swiftpaw returns to inform her that the Consumers have landed...and they're a bunch of unarmed kids, WTF?! At this point, Esme decides that honor and justice call for Rio's release and letting him keep his weapons, and that he can't cause an immediate strategic debacle even if he does go to them. She urges him to stay away from the 100 because they are still the heirs of the people who destroyed the world, and their coming is not a good thing for the island or the people who live there. She tries to smooth things over with Rio (maybe giving him some food or something) in hopes that he will not become an enemy of the Clan, then has him released.

Does that work for everybody?

@Koda
@Brea
@Freyalise
@*~Nightjade~*
Yeah, after @Koda announced that he wanted his character to be set free by his next post, I kind of had to sit back and think about it. It just doesn't seem realistic for the Grounders to release him so soon, with weapons in hand... and it feels a bit rushed. I think that your idea is the only way we'll be able to let him go so soon without it being completely unbelievable.
That being said, @Koda unless you don't post for a long time, it's doubtful we'll be able to get ALL of this in by the next time you post. I'd say about 2-4 more posts and then Rio will be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.