The 100 - Sign-Up//OOC - Accepting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, just so everyone knows, I'm going to make a grounder. I've decided I want a lone grounder, who'll be named Maeve.

Reactions: Stiorra
I just had a couple plot-bunnies:

1) Esme could try to persuade Rio to join the Clan and remain with them voluntarily. This will be the first time in his life he's had a cute girl be nice to him... :)

2) If Rio doesn't go to the 100, Esme could propose that she infiltrate them. Her plan would be to let herself be found by one of the more harmless-looking 100's, play the role of a lone survivor, and tell them her story as if there were no others around when she came out of the Shelter. This would give her the chance to go in, meet the kids, have a look inside their drop-ship, ask them how many more people are on the station, etc., all while acting ever so glad to see them.

She nominates herself for the mission because A) she's the only one around who doesn't look like a badass, ;) and B ) she's the one most equipped in knowledge terms to ask the right questions, examine the drop-ship, etc..

I assume Baldur and Bastianna (and probably Ragah and Rhea as well) would not be happy with the idea. Esme will make the argument that a Commander is supposed to lead from the front, face danger as her Warriors do, etc.. Assuming they don't talk her out of it, then perhaps later Rio could choose an inopportune time to visit the 100...

Possible objection: Esme's existence (or that of any other Grounder, such as Rio) would provide immediate proof that people can survive on Earth. If we want the 100 to be kept in suspense for awhile, then maybe the Clan could just watch the kids from hiding for the time being.

The Underground Military Base:

Are there any specific plans for the underground military base? Here's my idea for it: Some time after the War, supplies started running out, and the soldiers decided they had no choice but to leave the base. They did so, and became the ancestors of the Grounders. The base itself was stripped to bare concrete not so long after, the metals, etc. being salvaged and re-purposed into the Grounders' swords, etc.. Since the base is below ground and the door was opened, over time, it filled with rainwater. Maybe it's possible to canoe into the entrance (dark and spooooky!), but the lower levels are all now under water. Its entrance is still imposing (e.g. the giant rusted metal vault-door, the concrete tunnel into watery darkness), and has since been given some haunting name like The Well of Souls. Esme's Shelter would have been built as a test-bed by the contractors who built the base, and used by them when the War happened.

Unless we wanted to do something else, like have both the Clan and the 100 be threatened by surviving soldiers coming from underground, or some such.

I just had a couple plot-bunnies:

1) Esme could try to persuade Rio to join the Clan and remain with them voluntarily. This will be the first time in his life he's had a cute girl be nice to him... :)

2) If Rio doesn't go to the 100, Esme could propose that she infiltrate them. Her plan would be to let herself be found by one of the more harmless-looking 100's, play the role of a lone survivor, and tell them her story as if there were no others around when she came out of the Shelter. This would give her the chance to go in, meet the kids, have a look inside their drop-ship, ask them how many more people are on the station, etc., all while acting ever so glad to see them.

She nominates herself for the mission because A) she's the only one around who doesn't look like a badass, ;) and B ) she's the one most equipped in knowledge terms to ask the right questions, examine the drop-ship, etc..

I assume Baldur and Bastianna (and probably Ragah and Rhea as well) would not be happy with the idea. Esme will make the argument that a Commander is supposed to lead from the front, face danger as her Warriors do, etc.. Assuming they don't talk her out of it, then perhaps later Rio could choose an inopportune time to visit the 100...

Possible objection: Esme's existence (or that of any other Grounder, such as Rio) would provide immediate proof that people can survive on Earth. If we want the 100 to be kept in suspense for awhile, then maybe the Clan could just watch the kids from hiding for the time being.
Okay, sooo... Hmm. I think that we should allow the 100 to be clueless about the live on Earth at least until their 2nd day on the ground. So, you do #2, just wait until the next day, please. The 1st day and nigh could be spent making preparations, and Rhea, Baldur, Bastianna, and Ragah arguing and persuading her not to go.

The Underground Military Base:

Are there any specific plans for the underground military base? Here's my idea for it: Some time after the War, supplies started running out, and the soldiers decided they had no choice but to leave the base. They did so, and became the ancestors of the Grounders. The base itself was stripped to bare concrete not so long after, the metals, etc. being salvaged and re-purposed into the Grounders' swords, etc.. Since the base is below ground and the door was opened, over time, it filled with rainwater. Maybe it's possible to canoe into the entrance (dark and spooooky!), but the lower levels are all now under water. Its entrance is still imposing (e.g. the giant rusted metal vault-door, the concrete tunnel into watery darkness), and has since been given some haunting name like The Well of Souls. Esme's Shelter would have been built as a test-bed by the contractors who built the base, and used by them when the War happened.

Unless we wanted to do something else, like have both the Clan and the 100 be threatened by surviving soldiers coming from underground, or some such.
Okay, so @Justice_20 and I have both agreed that the setting of our RP is what used to be Hawaii and that we will bring a common threat to the Grounders and the 100 later in the Roleplay. we haven't decided where we want the base to be located, but I've been thinking about having it near a volcano. Anyways, the common threat will come from within the military base, so we already have plans for that. Sorry, but good job thinking of ideas! ♥

Under the circumstances, the Clan has (IMO) good reason to just truss Rio up and gag him for longer than we'd want them to as roleplayers. They're going to Defcon One WRT the "Consumers" that have landed, they're trying to hide from them for the time being (and Rio, released, could go straight to them and tell them everything he's seen), and Rio's gun would seem to be very useful (it's the only one!) in their situation.

That said, here's my best go at a plausibility structure for a "Rio Early Release Program:"

Esme examines Rio's gun and ammunition, and the machete. She deduces that the gun is a 100 year-old relic, and not necessarily safe to use. Rio grew up as an abandoned child in a cave; his bio doesn't say anything about learning how to field-strip and clean the gun, and who knows how well or poorly it was cared for before he got it. It's been on a tropical island (thus, subject to humidity, etc.) for a hundred years, though we'll assume Rio has been careful enough to keep it from rusting solid. :) (For roleplaying purposes it'll prove safe to use if Koda wants it to) Being a shotgun, its effective range isn't longer than that of the Clan's bows anyway. Therefore, it won't be a matter of "national security" for the Clan to keep it.

Esme might ask him a couple questions, but she'll be nice about it. His answers, behavior, and appearance (he's younger than she is, his clothes are also 100 year-old relics, not fresh from a Consumer space station, etc.) will persuade her that he's not an immediate threat.

Then River Swiftpaw returns to inform her that the Consumers have landed...and they're a bunch of unarmed kids, WTF?! At this point, Esme decides that honor and justice call for Rio's release and letting him keep his weapons, and that he can't cause an immediate strategic debacle even if he does go to them. She urges him to stay away from the 100 because they are still the heirs of the people who destroyed the world, and their coming is not a good thing for the island or the people who live there. She tries to smooth things over with Rio (maybe giving him some food or something) in hopes that he will not become an enemy of the Clan, then has him released.

Does that work for everybody?

@Koda
@Brea
@Freyalise
@*~Nightjade~*
That works for me :P

Color Ref: 1a9c00
"Truth is always strange. Stranger than fiction."
tumblr_n30fl7PzEi1rmiy78o3_250.gif
tumblr_mzdu5eQ8Pk1rmiy78o4_250.gif
tumblr_n7ou8ly8Ao1rmiy78o4_250.gif
tumblr_n04kqxWH3G1rmiy78o3_250.gif
tumblr_n17zu1RXXJ1smp62to4_250.gif

tumblr_mzqy0u7ax01rmiy78o2_250.gif
tumblr_inline_nas0jq7LVO1s8tmiz.gif
tumblr_mzdu5eQ8Pk1rmiy78o2_250.gif
tumblr_n17zu1RXXJ1smp62to2_250.gif
tumblr_n30fl7PzEi1rmiy78o2_250.gif

Full name:
"I am Maeve, and it is a great pleasure to meet you."
Maeve Southernile.

"It's been a while since my age has been of importance to anyone."

"Once upon a time I was great healer. Now I have been reduce to nothing."
Lone Grounder - Former Healer.

Bio:
"Gather around, I guess it's story time."
Sadly, after all these years, children are born with defaults. Deformed, slower than others, without sight or the ability to hear. Meave's older brother, Haltric, was one of these. Not only was he deformed, but he was also mentally ill. Haltric was highly paranoid, and it was very difficult for him to understand things explained to him. Even in these times, he was offered referred to as a gentle giant... that is, until the incident.

When Maeve was only eight years of age it was discovered that she had a knack for helping the ill.She became an apprentice to a great healer of her village, and it was also discovered that she learned quickly. When she turned sixteen, which was still a big deal in her village, the community celebrated by building Maeve her own healing hut. That was when Maeve started to allow Haltric to sit with her while she worked, just as long as he didn't touch anything.

She had one very simple rule for those who entered her hut: Do not speak to Haltric, unless you will do so kindly. She could not completely protect him from teasing outside of her work area, but it would not be tolerated in her prescience. Especially when she was trying to heal the bully. Most abided by this rule without any warnings, but there was one warrior, Asgard, who insisted on teasing Haltric whenever he came in to get a scratch disinfected or have a joint popped back into place.

Haltric was used to the torment, for he had suffered from it since the day he could talk. He almost didn't care about it anymore. However, there was one very important thing to him: Maeve. His younger sister had spent her whole life sticking up for him, and so she quickly became the person he loved the most. When Asgard wasn't teasing Haltric he was flirting with Maeve, and as much as Haltric hated it he always ignored it, because Maeve requested him to do so. He was actually doing very good about keeping his mouth shut, and was very proud of himself... until the incident.

One day Asgard came to visit Maeve, without any injuries. He just wanted to see her. But, he got very handsy, and when Maeve told him to stop he began to tease her. Haltric knew what it was liked to be teased, and the thought of his sister going through it pushed him over the edge. He became enraged, throwing Asgard out of Maeves medic hut and beating him to death. The punishment for killing one of your own within the village was well known, and everyone knew what his fate was.

He was to be hung.

On the day of his hanging, Maeve, who had always been very good at climbing trees, hid up in The Hanging Tree, waiting. She waited until the whole village had gathered to bid her brother goodbye, and then waited even longer for them to slip the vine around his neck. As soon as they kicked the basket from his feet, Maeve cut the vine, shouting for him to run. Confused and terrified, Haltric did as he was told, which only resulted in him being speared by a hunter.

Maeves punishment was considered very light, and she received special treatment because she was so loved around the village. She was banished from the village for going against their ways, and was no longer considered one of them. She left, given a sword by Asgards father, saying that he had made it for her anyways. Asgard would have wanted her to have it. Before long, Maeve found a cave a quarter of a mile away from The Temple Of Knowledge, which was hid by vines and trees. She's been unbothered her whole time living there, and so is pretty sure no one is even aware of the cave.

About half a year after her banishment, The Chosen One was brought into power. For a while Maeve considered begging for forgiveness from her, so that she may return home. But, she decided against it, because even if The Chosen One did pardon her, she'd never truly be accepted by her people anyways.

Solitude was just easier.

Sexual Orientation:
"I'm into guys, but you don't see much of those out here in the trees. Unless they've been strung up, or are hunting."
Heterosexual.

Significant Other:
"Ah, what a strange question. As if I have the chance of reproduction anymore."
N/A- Interested? PM Me!.

Strengths:
"My greatest ability is keeping the fallen alive, but I haven't been able to do so in a while."
Obviously, Maeve is an amazing healer. She's been doing it for twelve years now, so she ought to be. She can also climb trees easily, because she often scales them for coconuts and to get the upper hand in hunting. In her time alone, Maeve has become a skilled hunter, and an even better spy. She often hides up in the trees, after camouflaging herself, and watches what goes on in the villages. She is sure to steer clear of guards on the lookout, because there is no doubt she'd be shot down. She is a very quick learner, and has great agility. Maeve wields her sword greatly, because she practices a lot, and has also learned how to set several kinds of traps. A less important strength she has is singing, and she would often sing to the sick while she nursed them back to health. She can also read and write, since she used to document her patients deveolpment.

Weaknesses:
"As it turns out, I have my fair share of faults."
If you didn't get it from her Bio, I'll be frank: Maeve is reckless. And impulsive. And unorganized. She tends to be a bit of a scatter brain, and goes off track often. She is immensely curious, and when she cares about someone she will do anything for them, as seen when her brother. This was seen as a great weakness before the Chose One came, and she is sure it probably still is to most of the grounders. She can only speak two languages: English and that of her village. When stressed, Maeve has trouble thinking clearly. Lastly, because Maeve has been alone for so long, she can be horribly honest, forgetting how sensitive some people can be.

Personality:
"I'm sure those of my former clan will tell you differently, but..."
As stated before, Maeve is reckless, impulsive, unorganized, and curious. Besides this, she is very kind and careful, especially when trying to heal someone. She can be very empathetic and compassionate, as well as loving. Because she has been alone for so long, and knows the only person who ever truly loved her is dead by her hands, she will be very protective and clingy with anyone who allows her to get close enough. Possibly even possessive. She is very stubborn, and will not change her thinking unless given a extremely good reason. She tends to be very calm, even in the worse situations, thanks to her training as a healer. Maeve is, most of all, lonely, and although she'll never admit it even to herself, she longs for some company. She is also very hard to scare, because she has nothing to live for and therefore nothing to fear.

Markings:
"Ah, I've discovered I have a few scars, though I am not entirely sure when exactly I received them. Perhaps during my exile."
Various random scars all over her body.

Weapons:
"Well, I've got have something if I'm going to survive."
The Sword Asgard had crafted for her before she was killed, it is made of metal since this is pre-Chosen One, when smelting was still okay. She's also picked up the knack of making spears herself.

Other:
"As it turns out, there's not much more for me to share."
Her cave is decorated of pictures she's drawn of villagers she watches.
She had countless roots and other kinds of plants that are good for healing.
She will not be frightened by the 100. In fact, they will peak her interest.
She will stay away from the 100 until she is sure they are safe to approach.

Theme Song:
"I'm sorry, I do not understand the question."

"Now hatred is, by far, the longest pleasure. Men love at haste, but they detest at leisure."

Last edited:
I like Maeve :3
Thank you! ♥ I thought her up when I first posted the OOC, but I was very conflicted about whether or not I wanted to actually bring her in. But, since she's already getting some love, I'm glad I did.

Reactions: Stiorra
Hey @Justice_20 wanna approve Maeve, like I approved of Calixto? Haha.

• Thank You
Reactions: Brea
P.S Justice- I am loving the avatar change.

Really sorry I haven't been posting beyond sick again - I mean what to the heck is with my immune system I'll try to get something up tomorrow.

Would Esme have heard of Maeve? I think it's plausible either way. One thing though, it seems to me that she ought to have at least a normal sense of hearing. If she can't hear, she can't tell if she's moving quietly or not. She's living within a quarter mile of a camp full of skilled hunters, so if she's easy to sneak up on, she'd have probably gotten snuck up on, e.g. by somebody like Bastianna, or (yikes!) our resident cannibal.

Just to make sure I have everything right, the 100 just recently landed, and most are off of the ship now - correct?

Really sorry I haven't been posting beyond sick again - I mean what to the heck is with my immune system I'll try to get something up tomorrow.
Ah, no rush hon! Feel better! ♥

Would Esme have heard of Maeve? I think it's plausible either way. One thing though, it seems to me that she ought to have at least a normal sense of hearing. If she can't hear, she can't tell if she's moving quietly or not. She's living within a quarter mile of a camp full of skilled hunters, so if she's easy to sneak up on, she'd have probably gotten snuck up on, e.g. by somebody like Bastianna, or (yikes!) our resident cannibal.
Yeah, she could have heard of Maeve. Maybe from a other healer or something?
Also, good point. I guess I wasn't really thinking when I added that. Thanks for pointing it out!

Just to make sure I have everything right, the 100 just recently landed, and most are off of the ship now - correct?
Correct... in the roleplay they've probably been on the ground for 10-20 minutes.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Alright, thanks.
I just wanted to check. I sped read through everything, so I wanted to make sure I hadn't gotten myself confused.

The ship just landed, the grounders spotted it and are preparing for a scouting mission. They also have a captive, a lone grounder who they thought may have been aligned with the 100 (but isn't) and will soon be released.

Since Osias is healer/warrior, he has the option to go on the scouting mission with bastianna and the other warriors or stay at the village doing whatever you please. Or he could even be scouraging the forest, doing whatever healers do :p

• Useful
  • Thank You
Reactions: Brea and B l u E s
May I make a lone grounder? Also Benji's a hermit and Kastia's taking a lead o.e totally not what I had in store for her​

I ended up getting sick, which is why my post wasn't up when I said it would be. (I get horrible migraines quite often, so unfortunately this happens from time to time...)

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get started.
First posts are my least favorite.
It's just so difficult to figure out how to write them without them sounding super awkward or something. >:I

Status
Not open for further replies.