Task Force Osprey (Enlistment/OOC/Waitlist Available)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye aye, captain

The one slight advantage--which would be purely situational--is counteracted by at least two major disadvantages, which are constant; you obviously can't see out of the one eye, severely limiting how much else you can see with your uncovered eye. You also lose depth perception, which essentially denies you of seeing in three dimensions.

They're not called flashbangs for nothing, either. That ear-ringing sound is a major pain in the ass.

I'm going to assume she at least has her hair tied back and pulled up underneath her helmet (which itself is another potential hazard, but I'm not going to elaborate.

And I'm going to say it before it goes any further:

IF YOU WANT TO ARGUE ANYMORE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE, PLEASE TAKE IT TO PRIVATE MESSAGES.

The rest of the forum does NOT want to read it.
I realize this and I will take this into account in the future.

Made the appropriate edits.

Guys could you at least post one paragraph? I mean I am pretty sure there is a way to write more than that. Don't just say 'A follows after B' say why you are doing that, what is your character feeling. I mean it's a little bit ridiculous to write such short posts. I mean yeah, I might not replied in a bit but I am kinda gridlocked because of the other members in my squad.
Don't lock yourself because of a team. It creates inefficency in the rp and brings you guys in as "dead weight". Move around, make the others follow you even though there not there (Kinda like NPCs without direct control)

Last edited by a moderator:
The one slight advantage--which would be purely situational--is counteracted by at least two major disadvantages, which are constant; you obviously can't see out of the one eye, severely limiting how much else you can see with your uncovered eye. You also lose depth perception, which essentially denies you of seeing in three dimensions.

They're not called flashbangs for nothing, either. That ear-ringing sound is a major pain in the ass.

I'm going to assume she at least has her hair tied back and pulled up underneath her helmet (which itself is another potential hazard, but I'm not going to elaborate.

And I'm going to say it before it goes any further:

IF YOU WANT TO ARGUE ANYMORE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE, PLEASE TAKE IT TO PRIVATE MESSAGES.

The rest of the forum does NOT want to read it.
I actually wanna

If N0VA or no one else from Charlie posts tomorrow, I will be taking them over and moving us into a position so we can either link up with Alpha or proceed to provide what blocking role we can for Bravo so they may detain Askali.

Christ I said to myself "Let's go early to sleep tonight." and when I wake up 14 alerts and argues.
If N0VA or no one else from Charlie posts tomorrow, I will be taking them over and moving us into a position so we can either link up with Alpha or proceed to provide what blocking role we can for Bravo so they may detain Askali.
As I said, I am not replying because I see no reason to. None of my other team-members did and I think I replied enough not even being the team leader of my squad, there is no reason to take control of Charlie unless stated otherwise, I am going to be extreme and say if during this day they do not reply I am going to have my character mark them as MIA and then meetup with the sniper he was supposed to meetup and from there proceed to Alpha, or where ever we are supposed to go. And guys sort your orders out, give one order rather than 10 at once because confusion is a extremely dangerous thing while being in enemy territory. But what I will say my character will not proceed to his objective as he saw the area dangerous (Clothes, shoes, black patches on the ground) seeing traps are on the ground around the stadium. Other than that, I will post today. Bellow I will tag my teammates. I see one of my members has returned.

@Dramma @John-117 (I would appreciate if you would stick to one name for a longer while, that said fan of Halo myself.)

Not much, me and Dramma rappel'ed down to the ground and I am currently taking cover behind a wall while I don't know what Dramma is doing. We are to link up with the solo sniper and head to Alpha's location where we will assist with the capturing of Freedom. We are abandoning our primary objective in-favor of a more safe and more valuable objective. The area around the stadium (As my character noticed) was littered with clothes, black patches on the ground and dried up blood signifying that IED's or somekind of explosive traps have been set around the area of the stadium. That's about it. @John-117

Solid Copy, buddy. Sorry, but I must have forgotten your post about your not replying. Tomorrow, feel free to get your character to link up with mine after establishing radio contact and we can move to support Alpha or go to support Bravo.

Edit: Also, got a character to put on the Replacement Roster if, God forbid, Bowyer bites the dust.

Callsign: Werner Hughes, Callsign Runner
Appearance:
lone-survivor.jpg

Personality: Quiet but extremely kind, very deliberate and will sometimes crack jokes at other's expense with a friendly smile, provided their relationship would allow for it. During down-time or slow moments, he can give off an air of aloofness and will often be in the back of a room or gravitate towards the walls, never the center. Although, when on mission, he seems to go through a complete change in demeanor, a quiet professional to a tee.
Build: Runner is a bit slimmer than some, though wide shoulders frame him as a gentle giant, standing at 6', only overtopped by Biko and some others.
Backstory: Werner served in the US Army's 75th Ranger Regiment for three years out of a six year contract. While in the 75th Ranger Regiment, he took part in some of the last raids on Taliban holdings in Afghanistan before the war winded down and became an almost purely Army SF operation. After three years in Regiment, he signed on to the US Army's Delta Force when finally stateside and was successfully vetted and selected for training in the elite unit. After the six month ordeal, taxing mind and body, he could finally call himself an SFOD-D Operator.
As of 2012, Werner has taken part in seven successful operations to kidnap suspected terrorist leaders and foreign spies in places like Saudi Arabia, Oman, Yemen and Iraq, thwarting several threats to US security and the security of foreign nations. He has taken part in four successful operations to kill terrorist leaders, foreign spies and potential threats to national security, all on behalf of the Central Intelligence Agency in places like Belarus, Yugoslavia, Chechnya and Turkey. None of this information will be found in a manila folder in Langley, Virginia.
The latter half of 2013 has seen Werner change hands, now serving with a different patch on his sleeve, that of the USAISA, or Us Army Intelligence Support Activity, or simply the "Activity." This unit specializes in gathering intelligence far ahead of Special Forces activity in the Area of Operations. Task Force Osprey selected Werner and a handful of other ISA operators to give squads eyes on the ground that are directly attached to TF Osprey prior to insertions.
Primary Weapon: FN SCAR-L, ACOG, Foregrip, Infrared Laser
Sidearm: Beretta M9
Combat Vest: Patrol Rig
Kit Items: M67 Frag Grenade (3), M84 Flashbang (3), Tactical Knife (SOCP Dagger), MRE (2), Combat Enhancement Pill (2)
Fire-Team: Any Solo Spot, tbd when put into action.

As someome who's job entails working with and knowing the limits of calling in fire missions i think you're all underestimating how dangerous it is to calla blind grid for a danger close fire mission. Just saying.
We're in a cluttered city. If the contacts have eyes on and are engaging us then they're likely to be in the same grid as us or at least one or two in the appropriate direction away. If the problem is so bad that we genuinely can't even get a range then we should pop smoke and break contact. I mean, sure it's dangerous to call in a blind fire mission but to sit in a shoddily built building while a 50.cal tears through it isn't exactly safe by comparison. Realistically, Viper and the other member of the team would be dead by now if the gunner just emptied 100 rounds at us.

Regardless of that, I think I must step out of the RP. It is moving at an unchecked pace due to be people being able to post quicker then others and the posts being incredibly small and light. I wish I could stay but when the majority of these developments are being made in what are the early hours of the morning for me then it's incredibly hard to follow and contribute. I do apologise, humbly.

Aw, that's too bad. Be seeing you around.

She brings up a good point that's been brought up before. We should put more substance to our posts than just putting their actions. Our characters may be trained soldiers, but they're still people with thoughts and feelings as well. Let's try to make it seem that way, please? And try to lessen all the tea-partying posts, you know, the one's where for like six posts it's just single-sentence posts between two characters and no one else.

I know the posting standard in here is Elementary, but I always viewed that as the bare minimum instead of the limitation. Try to write paragraphs?

Realistically, Viper and the other member of the team would be dead by now if the gunner just emptied 100 rounds at us.
The 100-round burst wasn't meant to be taken as the gunner actually firing 100 rounds at Alpha. I just put it there to show just what kind of firepower was coming out of the technical.

Since things weren't exactly working out as I had thought they would, I'm going to to a major re-write of the OP as soon as I find the time.

Solid Copy, buddy. Sorry, but I must have forgotten your post about your not replying. Tomorrow, feel free to get your character to link up with mine after establishing radio contact and we can move to support Alpha or go to support Bravo.

Edit: Also, got a character to put on the Replacement Roster if, God forbid, Bowyer bites the dust.

Callsign: Werner Hughes, Callsign Runner
Appearance:
lone-survivor.jpg

Personality: Quiet but extremely kind, very deliberate and will sometimes crack jokes at other's expense with a friendly smile, provided their relationship would allow for it. During down-time or slow moments, he can give off an air of aloofness and will often be in the back of a room or gravitate towards the walls, never the center. Although, when on mission, he seems to go through a complete change in demeanor, a quiet professional to a tee.
Build: Runner is a bit slimmer than some, though wide shoulders frame him as a gentle giant, standing at 6', only overtopped by Biko and some others.
Backstory: Werner served in the US Army's 75th Ranger Regiment for three years out of a six year contract. While in the 75th Ranger Regiment, he took part in some of the last raids on Taliban holdings in Afghanistan before the war winded down and became an almost purely Army SF operation. After three years in Regiment, he signed on to the US Army's Delta Force when finally stateside and was successfully vetted and selected for training in the elite unit. After the six month ordeal, taxing mind and body, he could finally call himself an SFOD-D Operator.
As of 2012, Werner has taken part in seven successful operations to kidnap suspected terrorist leaders and foreign spies in places like Saudi Arabia, Oman, Yemen and Iraq, thwarting several threats to US security and the security of foreign nations. He has taken part in four successful operations to kill terrorist leaders, foreign spies and potential threats to national security, all on behalf of the Central Intelligence Agency in places like Belarus, Yugoslavia, Chechnya and Turkey. None of this information will be found in a manila folder in Langley, Virginia.
The latter half of 2013 has seen Werner change hands, now serving with a different patch on his sleeve, that of the USAISA, or Us Army Intelligence Support Activity, or simply the "Activity." This unit specializes in gathering intelligence far ahead of Special Forces activity in the Area of Operations. Task Force Osprey selected Werner and a handful of other ISA operators to give squads eyes on the ground that are directly attached to TF Osprey prior to insertions.
Primary Weapon: FN SCAR-L, ACOG, Foregrip, Infrared Laser
Sidearm: Beretta M9
Combat Vest: Patrol Rig
Kit Items: M67 Frag Grenade (3), M84 Flashbang (3), Tactical Knife (SOCP Dagger), MRE (2), Combat Enhancement Pill (2)
Fire-Team: Any Solo Spot, tbd when put into action.
Haha, Axelson!

It is currently 00:05 my time. A whole day has passed since my last post here giving my teammates enough time to reply back but I see that none of them had expressed any intention on replying but maybe @John-117 which I tagged multiple times along with @Dramma . As I see no reply I will continue with my post that I am mentioning them MIA (Missing-In-Action) after which they can return any kind of way they do wish to, that is if the GM @Makoons does not remove the from the RP. My current actions will be contacting the contractors and moving to Bowyer slowly after which I will wait for pickup along with Bowyer and then link up with the rest of the squads/fireteams.

Well, I wasn't receiving notifications, seeing as you've taken the responsibility to basically make my character go into the void by going missing, as I haven't received any tags from you, I'm dropping out as I guess people just make others missing, I've received no tags, no pm's, no notifications, and since it seems okay to make people go MIA I'll be leaving this roleplay. Thank you for the fun time guys.​

Myself and some of the other members have tagged you multiple times, one member I think contacted you as well. I am still in the process of responding so you're just not yet MIA as I said. I have given a whole day and a few days previously for you and the other member of Charlie to respond, while the other member posted yesterday asking for details that was it from him. I am sorry for growing inpatient but when you join a group RP it's most likely that you like to RP the story and that you would be keeping tabs on it besides the point of receiving not notifications, alerts and such, I think it's only the correct way to do things. Anyway if you are still interested you can continue I have not once mentioned you're character MIA as of yet, but if you still want to drop out, I have nothing against it. I think it was only fair of me to wait this long as your last post was on Monday and today is Friday.

@Dramma

He has a point, you and the others have held back mine and Charlie's part of the operation for a very lengthy amount of time relative to the other teams. If you still wish to post, there is still time. If you wish to drop out, be our guest.

Haha, Axelson!
Ben Foster is one of my favorite actors. Loved him since Alpha Dog when he played the crazy neo-Nazi Jewish kid. Still don't know how that works... but, he did a good job.

Ben Foster further impresses me because he has a unique but very thorough acting process when he is in a role. Especially for Lone Survivor, Marcus Lutrell himself said that when Ben slipped into his role as Axelson, it was like seeing Axelson alive again. Gotta respect the person who is willing to put clods of dirt in his mouth to sell the point that his character is dirty, tired and beat to shit at that time.

That and I like his battle-beard.

• Love
Reactions: dalecOoOoOoOoOper
I felt so bad when I saw his bloodied eye, that and they played with his character (I mean in plot wise.) Where they fired three shots, each one closer, until it hit his head. Personally, that was one of the most strongest points in the movie that I felt bad at (including those of the others)

He didn't go down with a shortage of kills though. We'll never really know what happened step-by-step on that mountain but the men in Special Forces know the risks involved with what they're expected to do and Axelson and the others stepped in harm's way. Tough in more ways than one. Gotta respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.