Task Force Osprey (Enlistment/OOC/Waitlist Available)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what else did you think that cylindrical bulge in my pants was? XD

And thank you. The CS will be on its way.

There is such thing as a thermobaric 40mm grenade.... o.O

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Callsign:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] Thor[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Appearance:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] A tall 6' 5" man with his head shaved bald and pale blue eyes. He has thick blocky features. Built like a meat tank. (I don't know much about military appearal and kit, but he wears whatever would be considered the standard.)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Personality:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] A big, loud, talkative man who loves the sound of his own voice, but knows when to shut up to avoid being shot. He cracks jokes, often in poor taste, and seems to always be finding a way to enjoy what he does.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Build:[/BCOLOR] Large heavy set build. Very strong man with a lot of stamina, but not particularly nimble or agile.
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Backstory:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] At the age of 18 he joined the US Army. Later became a Ranger and was damn good at it. The TFO decided he was a good fit and the rest is history. His callsign was given to him by old Ranger buddies due to his German heretige and love of explosions.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Primary Weapon:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] SCAR-H (ANd it never said anything else.... like L. It never said that.... >.>) with the FN40GL and an EOtech EXPS2-2 with a G33.STS magnifier[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Sidearm:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] Berreta M9[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Combat Vest: Plate carrier[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Grenades:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]40mm XM1060 thermobaric grenades for the FN40GL X3[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Kit Items:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] Tactical knife, Flare, MREs[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Fire-Team:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] Alpha (Feel free to just put me into whatever fire-team has an opening first. I can edit this when that happens to fit properly with what is going on)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Sorry for the lack of a picture. Couldn't find one I liked.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
Jesus, everyone's a farkin' giant here.
Well, it is the military. An occupation that tends to attract tall beefy men. All the Military vets I know are over 6 foot and built like walls..... Of course I can count them on my 10 fingers, but there is still a slight trend. Also, I'm on the tall end myself and just don't know what the world is like from so far below. ;P

Also, would you call a guy who is short Thor? I mean, if someone is going to go by the name of a Norse god, they sort have to be tall. Ultimately what I am saying is that I built the character to fit the call name. Go with it. XD

Well, it is the military. An occupation that tends to attract tall beefy men. All the Military vets I know are over 6 foot and built like walls..... Of course I can count them on my 10 fingers, but there is still a slight trend. Also, I'm on the tall end myself and just don't know what the world is like from so far below. ;P

Also, would you call a guy who is short Thor? I mean, if someone is going to go by the name of a Norse god, they sort have to be tall. Ultimately what I am saying is that I built the character to fit the call name. Go with it. XD
More power to ya. I've heard some things, though. I think it was one of the first Delta operators that said the tall, beefy guys built like walls were mostly the first to wash out. I've seen some huge sumbitches from pictures of SEALs in Nam that make their M60s look like Fisher-Price toys, but SF come in all shapes and sizes. Gurkhas aren't the biggest dudes around, coming from South Asia, but they have the mentality and ask anyone in SF and they'll say it's almost all mentality.

That being said, everyone's a farkin' giant here. :p Looking forward to keyboard operating with you.

I know it's just a few posts but let's not turn this 2-sentence post thing into a trend now. We were doing so well for a while.

More power to ya. I've heard some things, though. I think it was one of the first Delta operators that said the tall, beefy guys built like walls were mostly the first to wash out. I've seen some huge sumbitches from pictures of SEALs in Nam that make their M60s look like Fisher-Price toys, but SF come in all shapes and sizes. Gurkhas aren't the biggest dudes around, coming from South Asia, but they have the mentality and ask anyone in SF and they'll say it's almost all mentality.

That being said, everyone's a farkin' giant here. :p Looking forward to keyboard operating with you.
Yeah. I'd have to agree that not just SF is about mentality, but modern combat in general is about mentality. You don't need to be very strong to use a rifle. Hell, I'm in pretty bad shape myself, but I know how to use a rifle. Also, I wanted to say when the OP said that an M60 would weigh you down alot. Yes it would, but that didn't stop the US Army from fitting entire platoons with BAR rifles, which weigh 20 pounds a piece and giving each guy 20 pounds ofammo on top of the other kit they had to carry. lol

Yeah. I'd have to agree that not just SF is about mentality, but modern combat in general is about mentality. You don't need to be very strong to use a rifle. Hell, I'm in pretty bad shape myself, but I know how to use a rifle. Also, I wanted to say when the OP said that an M60 would weigh you down alot. Yes it would, but that didn't stop the US Army from fitting entire platoons with BAR rifles, which weigh 20 pounds a piece and giving each guy 20 pounds ofammo on top of the other kit they had to carry. lol
haha That may be true, but I'm sure that the soldiers of the last era of warfare would have loved to carry the lighter weight equipment we have now.

haha That may be true, but I'm sure that the soldiers of the last era of warfare would have loved to carry the lighter weight equipment we have now.
Oh, definitely. The most popular American rifle during WW2 was the M1 Carbine. Of course it had the effective range of a rock, and WAY less killing power and accuracy compared to the M1 Garand, but the thing was tiny.

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Callsign:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] Thor[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Appearance:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] A tall 6' 5" man with his head shaved bald and pale blue eyes. He has thick blocky features. Built like a meat tank. (I don't know much about military appearal and kit, but he wears whatever would be considered the standard.)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Personality:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] A big, loud, talkative man who loves the sound of his own voice, but knows when to shut up to avoid being shot. He cracks jokes, often in poor taste, and seems to always be finding a way to enjoy what he does.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Build:[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Backstory:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] At the age of 18 he joined the US Army. Later became a Ranger and was damn good at it. The TFO decided he was a good fit and the rest is history. His callsign was given to him by old Ranger buddies due to his German heretige and love of explosions.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Primary Weapon:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] SCAR-H (ANd it never said anything else.... like L. It never said that.... >.>) with the FN40GL and an EOtech EXPS2-2 with a G33.STS magnifier[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Sidearm:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] Berreta M9[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Grenades:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]40mm XM1060 thermobaric grenades for the FN40GL X3[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Kit Items:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] Tactical knife, Flare, MREs[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Fire-Team:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] Alpha (Feel free to just put me into whatever fire-team has an opening first. I can edit this when that happens to fit properly with what is going on)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Sorry for the lack of a picture. Couldn't find one I liked.[/BCOLOR]
Okay. It's nice but I need your build and vest type (Look at the first page for the three types available)

Am I chopped liver over here? I need confirmation if you guys literally bypassed Bowyer's position to go all the way to Jager for some reason.

@N0VA @John-117

I do not see the vests... Not in the first post, not in any of the posts...

The CSs have Combat Vests in them but I no longer see them in the OOC OP.

Yeah..... and I don;t know what any of them do....
Pretty much the only ones you'll need to know about are the Plate Carrier and the Patrol Rig. The Plate Carrier offers protection to your vital areas but weighs you down a bit. The Patrol Rig is simply a chest rig and a small backpack that allows you to carry five kit items as opposed to the Plate Carrier's three at the expense of protection.

Alright.... I'm assuming that the plate carrier has pouches for mags and such? I mean, it should....

Well, went with a heavy set build, of course, and a plate carrier. Put it in the CS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.