Task Force Osprey (Enlistment/OOC/Waitlist Available)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Myself and some of the other members have tagged you multiple times, one member I think contacted you as well. I am still in the process of responding so you're just not yet MIA as I said. I have given a whole day and a few days previously for you and the other member of Charlie to respond, while the other member posted yesterday asking for details that was it from him. I am sorry for growing inpatient but when you join a group RP it's most likely that you like to RP the story and that you would be keeping tabs on it besides the point of receiving not notifications, alerts and such, I think it's only the correct way to do things. Anyway if you are still interested you can continue I have not once mentioned you're character MIA as of yet, but if you still want to drop out, I have nothing against it. I think it was only fair of me to wait this long as your last post was on Monday and today is Friday.

@Dramma
I've posted in the IC, Priest is following behind you closely. With what you've said, I've taken the liberty of considering we need more than just the choppers eyes to get us through the area.

The chopper can only fly so low to our position to keep tabs on us and stay at a safe distance from enemy fire, so I suggest letting Priest take initiative and act as a scout for the team. His ACOG would give him enough visual to spot any small differences in certain areas, that might hint at an IED or a path left behind by the users. This path could be utilized to our advantage and get us through cleanly; allowing us to possibly use the IEDs to our advantage.

@N0VA

I've posted in the IC, Priest is following behind you closely. With what you've said, I've taken the liberty of considering we need more than just the choppers eyes to get us through the area.

The chopper can only fly so low to our position to keep tabs on us and stay at a safe distance from enemy fire, so I suggest letting Priest take initiative and act as a scout for the team. His ACOG would give him enough visual to spot any small differences in certain areas, that might hint at an IED or a path left behind by the users. This path could be utilized to our advantage and get us through cleanly; allowing us to possibly use the IEDs to our advantage.

@N0VA
You'd be breaching orders by moving into the area where the IEDs were, and it was ordered that no one go into that area and Charlie reroute to Alpha

I think the Skiorsky UH-60 cannot be mounted with a M60 machine gun, at least it never was seen. The weapons that are mountable on the helicopter for it to benefit in it's defense and defense of allied troops on the ground are the GAU-19, M134 Minigun and the M240L machine gun. I would suggest you go with the M134 because it's a balance between the GAU and the M240L, it has the decent speed and maneuverability of the M240L while retaining the firepower, firerate and accuracy of the GAU-19 so best of the two worlds, that's why the military today usually mounts them on all the Black Hawks still in service. Even when they were initially deployed in Somalia none of them used said M60 but the M134. Just my 5 cents. :-)

Anyway I will reply shortly.

EDIT: Also I should mention I would be more than happy to take a pilot role if one of the following aircraft wold be available: F-22 Raptor, Apache AH-64D, F-35 Lightning II

Last edited:
I kind of doubt fifth-gen fighter aircraft would be deployed to a conflict like this.

I doubt they wouldn't deploy them after the fail it was the last time, this time they return with no reason to lose. So unless there's a textbook reason to why they would not deploy them I would be okay with it, but as I said I see no reason not to, the planes could provide cover for the troops and would also be less prone to getting shot down by the RPG's that the militia wields since they have no lock on and are not fast enough while for the helicopters it would be obviously fatal. Although the Apache and Little Birds would have no problem playing step around them. :-D

I doubt they wouldn't deploy them after the fail it was the last time, this time they return with no reason to lose. So unless there's a textbook reason to why they would not deploy them I would be okay with it, but as I said I see no reason not to, the planes could provide cover for the troops and would also be less prone to getting shot down by the RPG's that the militia wields since they have no lock on and are not fast enough while for the helicopters it would be obviously fatal. Although the Apache and Little Birds would have no problem playing step around them. :-D
Well, Makoons stated that in the rp that at our disposal at the moment was two Little Birds. Possibly later I'll see if the outcome changes.

I highly doubt we would even need 5th gen fighter aircraft. I could see an Apache covering us for one of our missions but a jet? No, we need something with the capability to hover and stick around for a bit, not a multirole fighter like the F-22.

Edit: and it's Bowyer, not Jager. :P

@Makoons @N0VA refer to above, unless explicitly stated in this OOC you are headed towards Jager

Last edited by a moderator:
There is currently one AH-6 Little Bird moving towards the city, armed with 2 miniguns and 14 dumb-fire rockets. The only other air support would be Python 4-2 overhead, and they're currently engaged in discussion with the PMC command. Ground support, on the other hand, would be much more efficient and far more durable than a dozen Humvees.

Jets would have been a nifty weapon in our arsenal, but there would be too many civilian structures destroyed or heavily damaged, likely multiple civilian casualties, and then there'd be the obvious fact that you'd have to scrounge the rubble--and the dozens of bodies buried therein--for potentially hours on end, before getting a positive ID. So, as convenient as it would be to simply level the place, it wouldn't exactly be practical.

(User CAS, please correct me if I happen to be wrong about my assumptions. I'm using my own common sense to dictate decisions)

There is currently one AH-6 Little Bird moving towards the city, armed with 2 miniguns and 14 dumb-fire rockets. The only other air support would be Python 4-2 overhead, and they're currently engaged in discussion with the PMC command. Ground support, on the other hand, would be much more efficient and far more durable than a dozen Humvees.

Jets would have been a nifty weapon in our arsenal, but there would be too many civilian structures destroyed or heavily damaged, likely multiple civilian casualties, and then there'd be the obvious fact that you'd have to scrounge the rubble--and the dozens of bodies buried therein--for potentially hours on end, before getting a positive ID. So, as convenient as it would be to simply level the place, it wouldn't exactly be practical.

(User CAS, please correct me if I happen to be wrong about my assumptions. I'm using my own common sense to dictate decisions)
It is aswell a breach in the Geneva Conventions Laws Of War, by destroying civilian property, hospitals or religious sanctuaries without any reason.

So, can I hop in that waiting list? Also, noticing a distinct lack of shotguns..... Should I rectify that? 12 gauge shells are cheap and plentiful you know. ;P

Oh, and one thing, the M9 in 9mm was picked for Army use because NATO said so. Trust me, the Army would have prefered to keep the 1911 or something else in .45 acp.

@Potatocat
As stated in the first post, you could pick out any weapon you wanted to, even though it doesn't state it. But have a Character sheet up so I can review.

And the M1911 was not changed because it was stated by NATO, but rathermore because the US needed to change stock on more than twenty five different pistols and revolvers. Problem was, NATO began using the 9mm and the US Army needed to transition (It had the M1911 for more than 70 years.) And thus, the US began tests upon which two victors remained, SICO and Berreta in which Berreta won and

Just find a page and read about it ._.

@Potatocat
As stated in the first post, you could pick out any weapon you wanted to, even though it doesn't state it. But have a Character sheet up so I can review.

And the M1911 was not changed because it was stated by NATO, but rathermore because the US needed to change stock on more than twenty five different pistols and revolvers. Problem was, NATO began using the 9mm and the US Army needed to transition (It had the M1911 for more than 70 years.) And thus, the US began tests upon which two victors remained, SICO and Berreta in which Berreta won and

Just find a page and read about it ._.
Okay, so the M9 itself was chosen because it was the best 9mm handgun, but the US Army switched to 9mm because NATO wanted them to. Standardization and all. Its nice when all your allies use the same bullet and what not. Still, they were going to look into a new .45 acp handgun but decided to use 9mm at NATO's request, of course they didn't care that much since they wanted to get new handguns anyway. Of course people like the Green Berets and individual soldiers will still take .45 handguns because they want the bit more hitting power and are willing to drop capacity to get it. Also, standard .45 acp is sub-sonic making it great for sound suppressing since you don't have to lose any of the hitting power to make it nice and quiet.

And alright, I'll start work on a character. Just wanted to make sure this was alive and well before I did though. I always ask before I do.... well.... I ask before I do anything that requires effort on my part and if the answer is no becomes completely pointless.

Oh, and just to be that guy. Going with the Scar-H. Who needs to be able to use your friends ammo.... ever?

SOrry, one more question. Under-barrel grenade launcher?

Any and all. Not recommended most of the times since we're usually conducting covert activities and it'd weigh your gun down. In the mission currently going on, it's fine. I think the only teams available are Alpha and the Solo Spot A

Any and all. Not recommended most of the times since we're usually conducting covert activities and it'd weigh your gun down. In the mission currently going on, it's fine. I think the only teams available are Alpha and the Solo Spot A
Well, alright. So what about changing loadouts for different missions? At least slightly. I.E ditching the grenade launcher and grabbing a sound suppressor and subsonic ammo for when you plan on being sneaky. If you are stuck with the same set of kit for every and all missions, especially since with special task forces like this you take on a variety of missions where you need different things all the time. Yes, I know. I ask a lot of questions.

Well, alright. So what about changing loadouts for different missions? At least slightly. I.E ditching the grenade launcher and grabbing a sound suppressor and subsonic ammo for when you plan on being sneaky. If you are stuck with the same set of kit for every and all missions, especially since with special task forces like this you take on a variety of missions where you need different things all the time.
It's understandable. Yeah, you can change it right AFTER we get back to base, but not like "Hey I have this random suppressor in my pocket, I'm just gonna switch out the gernade launcher for that!" While mid battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.