Tales of the Lost Ones I: The Babadook (Sign-Up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Rosario Dawn

Job: Dental assistant

Brief History:
Rosario was raised by her paternal grandmother, since her father passed and her mother disappeared, in Woods Hole, Massachusetts. She lived there until she turned seven, which was when her grandmother passed. With no other family to go to, it was only natural that she go into foster care. She bounced around for quite sometime, going from house to house. Sometimes they were kind, and other times they didn't treat her too favorably, but she somehow found her way into the dawn household from there.
She was always rather close to Wendy and would always refer to her as mom. She could never accept the fact that Wendy had passed on and would hide from the others in her bedroom closet, waiting for Wendy to open it. Of course, only Charleston would open it, drag her out, and beat her for being in there in the first place.
When she was about seventeen, she moved out and started living with her current boyfriend, Cameron Bell, in the center of town.

Do you have any behaving issues?:
Rosario has a calm and relaxed exterior, but suffers from extreme panic attacks and anxiety when put into small places or when cornered. She tries to be like Wendy at times, cheerful, jolly, and kind, but occasionally she comes off as smothering or awkward. It's speculated that she has bipolar disorder or manic depression.

Please provide picture from ID:

3580d7e670699b6d5416895e42438fe6.jpg

((Might edit some bits later. Not totally 112% in love with her profile yet.))
Aaaaand accepted

Reactions: Uu-hime
I hope it's not too late, there is my profile:
Name: Alexia Dawn
Job: Unemployed
Brief History: Her mother was a teenager when gave birth. The family, of course, didn't accept it very well. She was given two options: Marry or be kicked home. This was how Alexia ended up being born in a fake family – smiles and etiquette adorning outside while inside there wasn't anything slightly resembling love.
It lasted as long as a forceful relationship can last: Until the threat was over. When her mother became financially independent she divorced and let Alexia, at time eight years old, with her ex-husband. He didn't like it very much – left the child aside until she was taken from him for negligence.
It wasn't something big like starvation, no, he just forgot her inside the car. It was stolen and he didn't tell police about the kid in the back seat. When they found out, the girl was taken from him and, since neither her mother neither her grandparents wanted her, put in an orphanage. Alexia remained there until she was eleven, then Wendy appeared. It was a good birthday: She had a new home, a new family and something they called love. The girl tried to understand and share this feeling, but it was so awkward. She stayed most of time in the corners, staring at everyone as if trying to figure out how to be part of that family. Time passed by and Alexia seemed to integrate a little better: Even still acting very shyly, the girl started to play with her siblings and mirror everything they did. Step by step she was becoming more sociable and accepting this "true love" idea. Then death occurred.
Things got easier after Wendy passed away. Fake a love was simpler than really loving: she felt almost relieved when went back to her common place. Relieved, but not happy. Her biggest regret was being unable to enjoy those years when her foster mother was alive. Now she was back to that sick relationship and couldn't evade it – wouldn't evade it. Just shrunk back to her initial stage and tried to avoid anything that could bring Charleston's anger. Since the house was full of children and she never stood out a lot she was able to escape most part of aggressions. Staying out the way, being polite when asked and disappearing when required – just the habitual.
Alexia only left the house five years later. She was nineteen and engaged in another kind of submissive relationship: Marriage. They were far from a happy couple, but the woman didn't feel comfortable living alone and couldn't take another year under Charleston's guardianship. Now Alexia doesn't know if it was the best choice, but pregnant and unemployed there isn't a lot she can do.
Do you have any behaving issues? She is always waiting to someone lead the way, barely never act by her own. Doesn't seem to feel strong affection toward anyone, as well as rage, but can fake sympathy if asked to. She is a pretty good liar and becomes really annoyed when forced to say the truth, even if it is inoffensive.
2w5ujop.png

Name: Danielle Dawn
(She is known to most everyone as Danny)

Job: Unemployed/student

Brief History: Danielle's real mother never had much interest in the idea of having a child, and left her only a few months after she was born. This left Danielle living with her drug-addicted father. Though he really did love his child, and wanted to do right by her, he never had the resolve to get clean. He would leave Danielle alone for long periods of time, do drugs in the house, and generally just neglected her both emotionally and physically. When Danielle was three he overdosed in the living room. Unfortunately, Danielle was left in the house for almost a week, until a neighbor stopped by and realized what had happened.
She was bounced around from home to home for about a year after this, before being adopted by the Dawn family. Being too young to ever really understand what had happened, she was hesitant to bond with others, and would often cry that she wanted to go home to her daddy. Eventually though, she warmed up to the family. She especially liked Wendy, and the much older children, as she felt safe and taken care of around them. She was almost always following one of them around, hanging onto the back of their shirt and sucking on her thumb; and would throw a fit if they didn't give her the attention she wanted.
She was six years old when Wendy was killed, and the trauma of seeing the adult she had formed such a close bond with die in such a violent way caused her to withdraw again. That, in addition to the abuse, gradually changed her from the sweet little sister into an angry rebellious girl who pushed everyone away. Things just escalated from there, as she got in with the wrong crowd, and began to act out. By the time she was ten it was common occurrence for her to mouth off, vandalize property, smoke, skip school, stay out late, and sometimes just not come home at all. It got so bad she was even held back a year in school.

Do you have any behavioral issues?: Danielle has a very cynical viewpoint on life. She despises authority, and can't stand when anyone tries to tell her what to do. She has difficulty controlling her emotions, and is often angry and at times prone to violent outbursts. Though she still craves positive attention, she can become almost indignant when it's given to her, as she feels everyone let her down.

for_someone_you_are_everything_by_pixie_you-d3dz76h.jpg

(I couldn't find a color picture that looked how I imagined her, so hopefully this is okay)

Last edited by a moderator:
okay wow a lot of people joined, we could start the IC now if we wanted too!

I hope it's not too late, there is my profile:
Name: Danielle Dawn
(She is known to most everyone as Danny)

Job: Unemployed/student

Brief History: Danielle's real mother never had much interest in the idea of having a child, and left her only a few months after she was born. This left Danielle living with her drug-addicted father. Though he really did love his child, and wanted to do right by her, he never had the resolve to get clean. He would leave Danielle alone for long periods of time, do drugs in the house, and generally just neglected her both emotionally and physically. When Danielle was three he overdosed in the living room. Unfortunately, Danielle was left in the house for almost a week, until a neighbor stopped by and realized what had happened.
She was bounced around from home to home for about a year after this, before being adopted by the Dawn family. Being too young to ever really understand what had happened, she was hesitant to bond with others, and would often cry that she wanted to go home to her daddy. Eventually though, she warmed up to the family. She especially liked Wendy, and the much older children, as she felt safe and taken care of around them. She was almost always following one of them around, hanging onto the back of their shirt and sucking on her thumb; and would throw a fit if they didn't give her the attention she wanted.
She was six years old when Wendy was killed, and the trauma of seeing the adult she had formed such a close bond with die in such a violent way caused her to withdraw again. That, in addition to the abuse, gradually changed her from the sweet little sister into an angry rebellious girl who pushed everyone away. Things just escalated from there, as she got in with the wrong crowd, and began to act out. By the time she was ten it was common occurrence for her to mouth off, vandalize property, smoke, skip school, stay out late, and sometimes just not come home at all. It got so bad she was even held back a year in school.

Do you have any behavioral issues?: Danielle has a very cynical viewpoint on life. She despises authority, and can't stand when anyone tries to tell her what to do. She has difficulty controlling her emotions, and is often angry and at times prone to violent outbursts. Though she still craves positive attention, she can become almost indignant when it's given to her, as she feels everyone let her down.

for_someone_you_are_everything_by_pixie_you-d3dz76h.jpg

(I couldn't find a color picture that looked how I imagined her, so hopefully this is okay)
Accepted, both.

And IC is up to everyone: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/tales-of-the-lost-ones-i-the-babadook.89623/

Reactions: MrSandman
Quick question: Would it be alright if Oliver brought an SO to accompany him to the funeral?

sorry for the terribly short post

Funny. I didn't get to see the movie. Was it good? But I'll work on my profile.

The movie was pretty good :) I actually watched it the day before I saw the rp ad here xD But the movie is definitely worth a watch.

Funny. I didn't get to see the movie. Was it good? But I'll work on my profile.
well i loved it. It also got a 98% in rotten tomatoes (great rating)

Alright. One last question. Can the picture be anime? Because it resembles me the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.