Swords and Flowers

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Stijn was glad to be outside again. Inside, he felt claustrophobic. There were also too many hiding spots, while outside he could see most everything.

She smiled and headed on towards the gazebo. Though as she did a gasp escaped her when she saw an arrow fly bare inches from her. enough to knick the material of her gown.

Running forwards as he saw the arrow nearly hit Kieara, standing in front of her protectively. "Stay behind me, Kieara," he commanded as he drew his sword from its sheath.

Kieara was shaking afraid and stayed close behind him. The arrows ceased and there was no movement.

Scanning the area for any sign of movement, Stijn took glances at Kieara, making sure she was fine. The sun glancing off his sword's blade, he prepared himself to jump in front of an arrow, knowing that if she got hurt or killed with him protecting her, it wouldn't look good to anyone. But, if he took an arrow for her, he would appear to be a hero.

Gradually, he calmed down, losing his readied posture. "Wait here," he said softly, glancing towards Kieara. Walking forwards towards the bushes, he examined each one, looking for any sort of assassin there.

She stayed there wringing her hands. As he looked there was none.

Cursing, Stijn turned back to Kieara. "There isn't anything. I suppose you're safe for now. I'll be on my guard for now though," he said, sheathing his sword once more.

What there was though was a trap rigged up in the tree that had shot the arrow.

"Do you still want to go to the gazebo, or go back inside?" Stijn asked, smiling lightly.

"I w-well...." she was obviously shaken. "I suppose we could go on..." she said.

"If you wish to, Kieara. I'm just here to make sure you're safe," he replies, trying to smile reassuringly.

Keeping his hand on the hilt of his sword, Stijn followed Kieara closely, watching for any signs of danger.

Kieara came to the gazebo but it was empty, there was nothing there that showed there might've been any sign of someone coming for tea. "That's odd..."

"Who were we supposed to meet here?" Stijn asked, his voice low. His eyes darted back in the direction of the castle, trying to figure how long it would take to get there with the princess in tow.

His eyebrows furrowing together in deep thought, Stijn looks to her. "We should go back..." he says, turning towards the castle.