Swords and Flowers

"Of course, Your Highness," Stijn said, watching as the king made his way down the hall, to his chambers presumably. Resting his head on the back of the chair once he was gone, he kept his hand on the hilt of his sword, ready for anything.

Kieara slept in her room peacefully. She woke the next morning without any trouble.

Just barely dozing in the morning, he was forced awake as the morning light shining through the window rested just upon his eyes, he looked around, making sure no one saw that he had been dozing.

Kieara smiled as she came out clean and dressed. "good morning." She said to him. "Would you like a moment to go get cleaned up and a bath?"

"Yes, that would be good." Standing up, he smiles. "I'll need you to stay in your room while I do so though, so that you don't come into harm."

"Thank you," he said, smiling kindly. Stepping inside the washroom, he ran a bath for himself. Once it was full enough, he shed his clothes, before getting into the warm water.

He hadn't shut the door, but she respected his boundaries and sat on the bed reading.

Not wasting time in the bath, Stijn was out soon enough, changing back into his original clothes. Walking out of the washroom, feeling much better, he said, "What will be doing today?"

Kieara looked up when spoken to and smiled. "I am not sure what my father has planned."

"Ah," he said, "Well, then, do you wish to see what it is?" In truth, he was fine with anything, and was simply fine with remaining in the room for the day. It would probably be safer that way anyways...

"Usually he sends for me if he needs me." She said. As if on cue, a servant walked in. "Your majesty, his highness wishes to speak with you." She stood laying her book down. She then headed out and down the hall to the throne room.

Following Kieara, Stijn readjusted his sword's sheath, trying to look more professional. Protective--he reminded himself stubbornly.

The King was sitting on his throne as usual and smiled. "Ah, Kieara. And Stijn. good morning." He said hugging his daughter as he stood and giving Stijn a rough pat on the back. "Kieara, you have visitors today." He said. "They'll be along shortly, why don't you head on out to the gazebo in the gardens so you can have tea with them?" She smiled and nodded. "Yes daddy."

Standing politely behind her as Kieara's father spoke to her, Stijn was silent as the king told her that she would be having tea in the gazebo.

Kieara smiled as she turned to head outside. the king spoke. "And Stijn...don't be afraid to join." He chuckled.

"Yes, Your Highness," Stijn said, nodding towards the king before turning to follow Kieara.

Going to her side, he says, "After you, Kieara."

Kieara smiled and headed out. She moved across the sidewalk smiling as she looked over the flowers.