Swarovski Academy: Magical Soldiers (Rolar X Lilith)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Puddles?" Was that supposed to be a nickname? It wasn't very romantic if he was going for one for his girlfriend. But, it wasn't like she would be able to come up with anything for him either. But, she focused on his questioned. She rubbed the back of her neck for a moment while thinking about it. "I suppose...I'm just thinking about some things and I really want you to know that I really do love you." Even if she didn't always show it. She had trouble showing affection to people, and she was afraid he would get tired of being with her.

Was something bothering her? He would never not think that unless, you know, she flat out said it. He took her into his arms, pulling her in to a hug. "Lilith... I'll never leave you alone. I like to think that I'm an honest man. And if I recall, we hone an agreement. Not just as loans, but as soldiers too. So, as a man of my word, you're stuck with me and I'm stuck with you. And I know that I'll love you, no matter what. But I know you trust me. I want you to know that I trust you. I know you'll keep your word.

The sun was beginning to hide behind the horizon, The fiery orange making way for a deep purple... "Look's like the day is coming to a close. guess we should head back, huh..."

She listened to his words. They made her happy and feel a bit better for now. She closed her eyes for a few moments then opened them back up when he began to mention that the day was coming to a close. The sun touched the water for a few seconds, then started to disappear into it. It filled the sky with a purple color, bringing in the night.

"Yeah, I guess we should now," she replied. She didn't move for a few minutes, enjoying being close to Rolar, then eventually started to gather their things together. "Let's get going then." She looked over at Rolar, then took his hand again so they could walk hand-in-hand together.

He smiled as she took his hand. and the two walked back to the train. Back to the school, and to her door. Rolar stood there for a moment.

"Good night Lilith, I'll uh... see you tomorrow..."

He stood there for a moment before leaning in to give her a kiss.

"Good night then." He smiled, and tussled her hair, Heading down the corridor, stopping half way to make sure she got inside before retiring to his room.

-----------------------

It had been a few days since then, and Rolar and Lilith had been called to the training grounds to be taught more about their contract. He was waiting for both her and whoever their teacher was. He never was told who it'd be.

Lilith went back to the school with Rolar, heading for her room. He stopped, and said good night to her. She smiled at him. "Good night Rolar," she commented in reply to him. She couldn't help but blush when he gave her a good night kiss. She waked to him as he started to leave, then went inside to head to bed. She felt happy. She was glad to spend time with him and that's how she always wanted it to be.

It was finally time to start their training and learn more about their contract together. Lilith awoke and prepared herself. She knew that some of this would challenge the monster inside of her and she was a bit afraid to let that power come out around Rolar. But, who knew what was going to happen. Once she was ready, she headed to where they were supposed to meet. Rolar was already waiting there.

"Good morning Rolar," Lilith commented once she finally made it to where he was. He seemed to be the only one there so far. Their teacher wasn't around yet. She hadn't heard who it was.

He looked up to see Lilith walking up. "Well, Well, Well, look who finally shows up." He walked up and patted her head a bit, chuckling slightly. He had been a little timid since they first confessed their feelings, but now that he had accepted what happened, he was beginning to act more like he used to, joking and teasing once again. Of course, he made sure not to be mean. Never a good idea to offend the one you've already sworn your life to.

"So... Know who's gonna be training us? Whoever they are, they're definitely late."

"Oh sure, that's easy for you to say. But some of us are a little busier you know."

Rolar turned to see the familiar face of Professor Lukas.

"Lukas?! I never pegged you for an expert on contracts."

Before the professor could rebuttal, a soft, feminine giggle came from next to the two of them. It was familiar, though he couldn't quite tell why.

"Oh believe me he's not an expert. I on the other hand happen to know something about connecting with my partner. Isn't that right, Professor?"

A woman in her thirties walked between the two of them, notably shorter than the man who she approached. She gave the battle-hardened man a swift kiss on the cheek. It was a little strange, the heavily scared hunter standing beside this petite woman. But who was she again?... It had completely snuck passed Rolar, but this was the head nurse of the Infirmary.

Lilith almost gained a pout when Rolar joked around to her about finally showing up. He didn't have to be so early, their teacher wasn't there yet anyway so it wasn't like she was late. But, she knew that he was only joking and acting more like his usual self. She gave him a small smile when he patted her head. He asked her about who might be training them.

"I don't know," she admitted, but then the sound of a familiar voice could be heard. Lilith looked behind Rolar to see one of their professors. But, he wasn't the surprising one, it was the the nurse that was more surprising. If those two were there to teach them about contracts, that might just mean that these two in front of them had contracts.

"Do you two have a contract together then?"

It made sense to be trained by people who had contracts themselves. Then they would really know what it was like and how to explain everything.

"Yeah, we do, but I'm probably not the best to explain this."

Lukas gestured to the woman, who giggled at his admittance of ignorance. "Well you two, a major part of forging a contract has to do with how well the ones in the contract get along with each other. That's why in most cases, it's with a best friend, or a soulmate. And if what I heard from your parents is true, you two are locked on the path of soulmate. She looked at the two of them, looking them up and down, trying to size them up. "Well, before we begin, why don't you two tell me what you already know about contracts."

Lilith tried to hide the blush that faintly came over her face when the nurse mentioned her and Rolar being on the soulmate path, and even more embarrassing that her parents had discussed her relationship with Rolar to others. And, that her parents know of the relationship without them really talking about it to them. But, then after the nurse looked at them, she asked them what they would know about contracts. "Well, I know they will make the individual stronger as well as as a team. We'll be able to combine our attacks to make them a lot stronger and accurate. As for exactly how to train for that, I do not know or how much it will affect us. I've always heard that a contract is forever binding and you cannot break it."

The nurse smiled, obviously impressed by her knowledge. This truly was the daughter of Vivaldi. "Very good, I'm glad to see you understand the basics of a contract. But part of the reason why most people can not begin to grasp the more complex side of things is because a Contract is not just a verbal agreement. It is a tie, deeper than anything. It is a melding of mind and soul. That is why it can not be broken. If you do somehow manage to "break" it, neither will be able to keep what was once theirs. They will always have part of one and loose something of themselves. Imagine it like cups of colored water, one red and one blue. A contract essentially mixes the two glasses, and fills each with half of the other."

She paused for a moment, her body tensing with worry and anxiety. Her tone shifted to one far more grim. "This is also why a contract with a monster will never work. Monsters have since lost what made them human, both mind and soul. In other words, an empty glass. So when a person makes a contract with a monster, they are only giving, not receiving. The monster is in essence stealing their mind and spirit..."

She straightened up, after waving what seemed to be a bad memory out of her mind. With a deep breath she continued on with her lesson. "So, part of the reason why contracts work the best with people you are closer with is that you need to be able to 'sense' their presence within you. The better you understand the other the easier it is to 'find' them within, and channel their power. So I know this is not going to make much sense, but just trust me. Look deep inside. Close your eyes, and search yourself. Find your partner within yourself, and use his power..."

Rolar was really confused for the majority of this. The reasons made little sense. But, he figured it was worth a shot, he looked over at Lilith, and smiled. "Think you're ready for this?" He closed his eyes, and began meditating on what was said, searching himself for her... Whatever that meant.

Lilith listened carefully, taking in everything the nurse was saying. It made sense, especially when it came to a contract with a monster, though it began to bring some questions to Lilith. What about the monster within Lilith that was a lot closer to leaking out than many others. What if something happened to Rolar just because of that monster?

Her thoughts were cut off as the nurse continued to teach them about contracts, about finding their partner from within them. It sounded like it might be something very complicated to do. And even so, she wanted Lilith and Rolar to try and see if they could find each other. "Alright," Lilith stated in reply to both their new teacher and Rolar. She could try.

She also closed her eyes and began to focus, trying to find the Rolar within her. She didn't know how she was supposed to do that. However, as she thought about him, the only thing that started to come to mind was her feelings for him and despite being the queen of cold, the warmth that he could make her feel.

This was a lot harder than it seemed. Rolar had been searching for a while now, trying his hardest to find her. But he couldn't figure it out. He looked in his heart first, as that seemed the most obvious. But nothing seemed to be there. he wasn't sensing anything. So then he searched his mind, and found her. But not in the way they meant. More like memory.

Then things started getting ridiculous. The two places that made sense had no results, so he began moving down the body. Lungs? of course not. Gut? Yeah right. Kidney? This is really stupid...

"Gah... I don't get it, how are you look inside yourself? That makes no sense! In fact I feel rather ridiculous after that..."

But the woman look over at Rolar. "Rolar, what make you 'you'?" He just looked in confusion. "Are you your fiery red hair, your scarf, your clothes?" He stood up, slightly irritated.

"No, of course not! No one is just what they 'look' like! Why would you ever say tha-..."

He sat down, his legs crossed, his eyes closed. It made sense now. He wasn't looking for her body. He was looking for her. For Lilith. What had she left within him?...

"The things you've given me... Your ability to listen, and learn... Your past, and fears... Your trust... Your faith... Your words... But more than anything... You've given me yourself... These are the things you have given me. This is what is inside of me..."

He opened his eyes for a moment, and looked around. "...That's what you meant right?..." The nurse nodded, causing Rolar to jump in victory a bit.

"And for me...your warmth," Lilith whispered out as she opened her eyes to look over at Rolar as he did his victory leap. A smile came over her as she watched him. "Your happiness, protection, faith and strength that made me stronger, made me be able to face what had happened to me. You are the sunlight that melted away my frozen barrier. You've given me friendship and your love. I've never felt so warm before."

For a person born cold like Lilith, she never believed someone would be able to melt away that ice covering her heart. Before Rolar, there was no one she even wanted to be friends with. But, talking with Rolar made everything change for her and she has been able to overcome the misery she felt thanks to her past.

Lilith then looked over at the nurse teaching them. "This warmth, it's what I can use to make myself stronger. And, it isn't just that we can use attacks together, it's that we're already mixing our magic."

"That's right. And once you begin to understand that..."

She leaned down, reaching out to a small wilted flower, sitting in a brown patch of grass. She held out her hand, and as she did, new blades began to grow... No, the old ones were being restored. Healed. And that poor flower began straightening, it's dulled petals returning to their vibrant self, it's purple plume seemed to brighten the area around them.

"You can begin to understand their abilities. And of course, the more you understand the other, the easier it is to channel their powers, and the more potent it will be. But even though you have already sensed the others within you, it is still a long way to master their abilities. Isn't that right, Lukas?"

She laughed as her partner looked away in embarrassment.

"Wait... Lukas, please tell me that you've been able to get it to work..."

The man remained silent.

"We're going to have to be training a lot aren't we..."

"Oh yeah."

Lilith listened. There was a lot that had to do with contracts. Of course, Lilith figured it would be very hard to master their skills with it, but if they did, they would be a lot stronger. In the end, it should make it a lot easier for them to defeat monsters that sometimes can give even skilled magical soldiers problems. "I am prepared to face this challenge," she admitted. Their training was going to be hard and long, but the end results would be worth any pain and tiredness they might end up feeling. "I take it you two have trained together after you first made the contract. What should be the first steps that we take in order to start our training together?"

The nurse smiled. "Well, the easiest thing is to spend more time with each other. And I mean a lot of time. Although... I guess it's a little unreasonable to just say 'spend time with each other' and call it training. So if we try a bit of channeling, no matter how difficult it is right now, imagine how easy it will be the next time you try."

She signaled to the two of the students before her. "Now... Once again, trace the other, but this time, don't just find it, try to bring it out. See if you can call on the others abilities, even if just a bit."

Rolar of course began trying his best to bring forth any of her abilities. But to no avail, even though he refused to quit.

Lilith nodded as she listened to what their new contract teacher had to say about their first parts of training. While spending a lot of time together would be very nice, it didn't seem like it would be the only thing that would help make them stronger. Though, she added in her next part about trying to channel the part of their partner they found on the first exercise.

"Alright. We'll try then," Lilith stated. She didn't quite know what would happen or how she would know that she had channeled the part of Rolar she found, but she closed her eyes again and began to focus on that warmth. She continued, and began to feel her body start to warm up more, but that warmth she wasn't used to and for someone who used ice, warmth was harsh on the person. Lilith let out a deep breath, trying to keep herself from getting overworked from the heat, trying to focus better. She had to get past this part. She continued to try and push herself.

Rolar on the other hand wasn't even able to lower the temperature even slightly. He had no idea why. He would try to call up the parts of her, then exert them, but every time, flame. Why? Needless to say, he was beginning to get frustrated. Meanwhile, the nurse was observing, talking to the professor, giving him tips as the two students tried to their best. After Rolar's groan of frustration, she stepped in to speak.

"I think that's enough for today. Not as easy as you'd think, huh? But watching you two I think I know why. You two are trying to use the others abilities as of they were your own. But that's not the case now is it? Rolar, you are trying to create water or ice as of it were a spark. Lilith's abilities need to be taken slowly, with thought out plans and actions. And Lilith, you're doing quite the opposite! Fire is a fleeting thing. It's there one minute, but once the fuel runs out, the fire dies. So by holding it in, you're wasting a lot of potential magical energy, that's why you were feeling so uncomfortable. It was burning your own magical reserves stored inside. Let thefkre rage, let your emotions take control. Rolar, you do the opposite. Think things out, carefully see the process through, a hot head will only produce heat. Now have some time to relax you two. You've earned it. Come along Honey, you and I are in need of training as well."

With that, the two left, the nurse holding on to Lukas's arm. Rolar looked over to his own partner, and smiled. "Well, since spending time together will make things easier, lets say we do something. Anything really." While its good to have times of peace, it was apparent that Rolar was getting restless with the lack of action.

Lilith stopped what she was doing when the nurse said that they needed to do it differently. But, that was going to be very hard to do. She had said it was going to take time, but now they could rest. Lilith didn't feel like they had done very much, but the teachers knew better. They were teachers for a reason after all. Lilith tried to cool herself off again, so that the heat wouldn't over do her.

She looked over at Rolar when he said they should do something together. She nodded, but suddenly her body swayed and she found herself leaning into Rolar. She must had overdone it with the heat when she was still trying to get used to it. She placed her hand on Rolar's shoulder. "Would you mind if we just...get some water first?" She mumbled, needing to hydrate herself.

Rolar, immediately grabbed her shoulders to keep her from falling. His face was wrought with concern. "Yeah. You okay Lilith? Think you over did it with the fire? You must have burned through a lot of your energy." Rolar lead her across the school grounds to the nearest place to get her something to drink. He was still concerned for her well being.

"You think you want to really do anything more today?"

Status
Not open for further replies.