Swarovski Academy: Magical Soldiers (Rolar X Lilith)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lilith looked at the information they had, and the possible routes they could take to get in. They needed to make sure that they were not seen at all. "Well, the one could be dangerous. If they are carrying any monsters in there, we run the risk of either being seen by someone or attacked by a monster," Lilith stated when he asked about any ideas. "That leaves the other two left. The ventilation system would make too much noise if we're inside it, they might hear us crawling around in it."

She paused, the only left the drainage pipe. "You're going to hate this idea, but we should go through the drainage pipe and when the water is still moving through it. It'll block out any sound we might make and they will just think it's the water moving through it. It will make us wet, but it's the best decision to get inside. Once we get inside, we have to find a good place where we can get the information we are there for. We can't be seen at all."

Rolar hated to admit it, but she was right... The water was their best bet. Silent, and out of the way, it was the perfect spot. He let out a sigh of frustration, mixed with resignation "Uuuuugh... I know... Let's get going."

The transport dropped them off several miles away. It'd be bad if they were spotted upon being dropped down. Rolar took out the file, scanning the maps nearby. He started heading off into the woods, turning to Lilith. "C'mon, it's this way." Things were incredibly quiet. It was rather eerie, really. They walked for a while, and Rolar felt they were getting close. That said, they were also about to enter patrol areas. He stopped for a moment, and turned back to Lilith.

"There should be guards along the way now... Think we should wait for nightfall?"

He didn't like it, but he agreed with her that the best route was the water. She was glad, she didn't want to have to force him if he really didn't want to go that way, though it was the best choice. Soon they were dropped off and Lilith followed Rolar through the woods as he knew where he was going.

Then, he stopped. They were entering an area that could have guards and they couldn't be spotted at all. He asked if they should wait for nightfall. "That would probably be best," she commented. "We are less noticeable in the dark. They could easily see us even at a distance if it's daylight. The night would cover us better. We should find a place to hide away until it gets darker for us to move around."

Rolar nodded in agreement, as the two left to find a place to hide for the night. After they found an acceptable place, Rolar began climbing a tree, finding a nice place to perch as they waited out till nightfall. He sat in silence for a while, until he got bored, turning to Lilith, and just trying to strike up conversation.

"How you doin' Lily? Any thoughts on this whole thing?"

Lilith followed Rolar as it would be easier to communicate being closer together and it would prevent anyone from hearing them. He seemed to be focus on watching everything, until he got bored and started to ask her a question. It was two simple questions, but the ice user took a few minutes to think about her answer.

"I'm fine," she commented. "About the mission? I don't know. I suppose I am curious about this information we are supposed to get. It sounds important and I also question about how much of it the enemy has. Even if we get this information for us to know what they are planning and what they have, they still already know this information. And, if it's about the whole monster contract thing, it scares me what they might do with this info."

"Yeah, you're right. But that's why we have to do this. But I gotta admit, I wish we could take this place down right now... I understand the need to gather information, and to leave them for now to wait for a better time to strike, but it just doesn't feel right... In the time that we are not attacking, I can only think of what they might be doing. It just doesn't sit well... But I guess... Sometimes, you just have to... listen and obey."

His words held weight behind them. He was noticeably concerned by the fact that they would be unable to stop anything they discover right then and there. It just didn't feel right to him. Even so, he knew that the best way to finish this was to play the military's game

Rolar was right. It did make it hard to simply get the information and not do anything about it. They were bound to find something they didn't like lingering in the information they were trying to get. And, the worst part was simply taking that information and not stopping whatever they were doing already.

"I know Rolar," Lilith admitted. She brought up her hand and placed it on his shoulder. "Honestly, I feel the same way you do. Just waiting around and getting some info, they could be doing tons of other things while we work on just that. It would be easier to simply stop them. But..." She paused, taking a moment to think.

"If we don't get that information now. Then it could still get somewhere else, even if we take down this base. There could be more to them than what we know. This info might tell us that and then we can plan a better attack that can get rid of them completely rather than just this place. After all, we already tried and apparently we didn't take down all of them. We simply took out some of them at a specific base."

"Yeah... I know..." Whoever these people were, they needed to be stopped. Rolar guessed this was the best way to do it. And she was right. They had taken down a base. But to then have something of this size? These guys really must be up to something strange. And they were so well funded it seemed too. Rolar sat back for a moment. The sun had almost set, and the forest was beginning to get dark. It was almost time

Then something caught his attention. Rustling in the bushes. He stood up on his branch, and looked around... Nothing...

Suddenly, he had a really bad feeling in his gut, something was wrong. He looked down to see someone pull Lilith off the branch by her collar, and began carrying her off. "Lilith!" He jumped off to follow, but before he could get far, something hit him on the back of the head.

Everything went dark...

Lilith became quiet as Rolar finished the conversation. The sun was almost gone. It would be dark soon. When it was dark, they could make their move. Lilith watched, eyeing the sun as it continued to go down, seeing the change in the forest as each part began to become shrouded in darkness.

And then...

Lilith felt something pull on her collar, pulling her back off the branch and carrying her farther away from Rolar. She noticed him disappear in the distance, but the girl had become to frightened from the unknown touch to be able to shake herself out of the unknown grip that had her.

"Rolar!" She shouted. The only thing she saw in the distance was Rolar falling to the ground. "Rolar," Lilith shouted out again, this time in terror of what happened to him, then just like her boyfriend, everything suddenly went dark but instead, not from a hit on the head, but from some kind of chemical that she was forced to breathe in.

"Mmmmhhh..."

It was night time... Rolar stood up, rubbing his head. It was killing him. Everything was in a haze right now. He took a few moments trying to recollect everything that had happened. He remembered... They were on a mission... Infiltration, and Intel. But they needed a way in, and they waited till dark... And then...

He snapped himself out of his stupor, looking around frantically. "Lilith!" How long had it been since then? He could feel himself flare up, as he began running into the forest, towards the base, he heard a voice. Looking around he saw no one... Only a small grey box. The voice eminating from it sounded so condescending it really burned him up.

Well, well, well. I wondered when you would show yourself again. The last time you two arrived at one of my little projects, you burned the whole place to the ground. And now you two are back. Oh, but I know so much more since then. I know who you are, I know what you do, and I know what's most important to you.

Rolar Maxin. Do not pursue us. Do not pursue her. For if I hear you are attempting to interfere, Lilith Black's life will be forfeit. So I suggest you don't try the front door. Ta ta~

Bark off a nearby tree splintered onto the ground, as a sizeable charmark took it's place. He needed to get in there now!... But... Something told him that, though this man was a terrible person, he was an honest one. With nothing he could do, he fell to his knees, submitting to what had happened. What could he possibly do?...

Lilith's mind woke to the sound of noises, yet her eyes still could not open. They mumbled, making it impossible to hear what they might be saying. In a few moments, they were gone and Lilith was left in silence. A silence and darkness that made her remember the time she had been kidnapped when she was younger. Fear rushed through her body and the young woman shook uncontrollably.

She finally pulled her eyes open, seeing that she was completely tied up and unable to move. Though, the room was small, almost office like, not what she had been expecting. She noticed legs, sitting hear her. Her eyes ventured up to see who they belonged to. It was a man, wearing a white lab coat. He pushed up his glasses to hide the expression in his eyes, then his other hand ruffled through her messy black hair.

"Lilith Black," the man said. "It's good to see you awake. If you died already, there would be no point in even kidnapping you in the first place." His one leg was crossed and he sat there calmly as Lilith squirmed, unsure what to do. She was simply scared, and it was hard to think logically.

The man let out a little laugh, which rang through Lilith sore head. It ached from whatever they had used to knock her out. "You're a very interesting girl, Ms. Black. I was surprised to learn what I did about you, but lucky for me, it worked out well." He finally stood up and walked over to Lilith. He leaned down to look at her then placed his finger in her chin, raising her head to look straight at him. Lilith shook again from his touch.

"You little monster," he muttered, then smirked. "Don't worry, I'll put your interesting dark side to good use." And with that he walked out of the room, which from what Lilith saw was guarded from the outside by other men.

...What was he doing? How was he just accepting this?! This isn't the kind of person he is. He has never been one to stand idly by when someone needs his help. The last time someone important was taken from him, he couldn't do anything. This time, he knew better. He swore never to let that happen again, and know he had a chance to stop it. He wasn't going to make the same mistake he did before.

But the problem still remained... How was he supposed to make it inside? He pulled out any information he had on the sight, and began searching through it, trying to devise a plan. Without Lilith's control of water, this may be a little more difficult than he would have like...

Lilith was left alone, the fear still controlling her as she barely thought about her situation and what the scientist had said. According to his information, he knew about her and that most likely was her ability to stop from becoming a monster but still keeping some of that change. He wanted to use that in some way.

But, Lilith looked around, there was no way she could think a way out of this. She was just going to have to fight her fears and push through everything just going by instinct. That was going to be hard without Rolar helping and pushing her through things. She always thought things out, but she couldn't even think straight right now. She had to just act or else she could end up as this scientists next lab experiment or rat.

At this point, they had knew they were here. Any information they gathered while there was essentially meaningless. Which means that he only needed to be stealthy up until he and Lilith were reunited. After that, they could blast their way out and run. It'd be their best bet. But for now, he needed a way in...

Rolar had no idea how long he had planned. Problem was... They would likely be checking any entryway possible. So then, perhaps he would need to make his own entry. It'd have to be quiet of course. Can't just blast his way in this time, as much fun, as it usually would

"Come on, give me something to work with here..."

A maintenance tunnel was not too far from the surface, it seemed. It seemed to have access to most of the floors. So long as nothing happened to the system, it should give him a safe route of travel. He'd need to get inside first though. Doing that was the difficult part.

"Uuugh, I wish I had Rachyel's abilites right now..."

So then, looks like he still needed a way in. Just to make sure, he checked the drainage pipe. There seemed to be a few guards there. Crap. He scoured through his files for a long time. There must be some way-

"Hellooooo~."

Not far from the cargo door, there was a metal cover which apparently was sealed up a while ago. It used to be a ventilation shaft that was considered obsolete. It was covered. The old vent shaft seemed to make it's way into one of the maintenance tunnels. Seemed he found a way in.

"How did we miss that the first time?"

Making his way there was nerve wracking. Once he was there, he had to get to work quickly. He concentrated a flame into one spot, and began welding the plate, cutting an opening. He also kept the light dimmed with his power, to keep himself from being seen. That and not blinding himself. It took a few minutes, but at last the plate fell. At that moment, guards were coming around the corner. He jumped in as quickly as he could, and took the plate, sealing it with his magic on the inside. They passed by without seeming to know he was there. He gave a sigh of relief.

"Out of the frying pan... Time to light the fire."

...That was really bad.

Lilith's body continued to shake, fear still clinging onto her body, making it hard for her to move. She looked around. There was only dim light in the place, she couldn't see much at all, which meant she couldn't see what was around her. The sound of the door knock caused the ice mage to quickly snap her head back towards the door.

She didn't know who it was, and what they might be coming in for. Knowing the scientists words, which echoed through her head, she knew it wasn't the best idea to just sit around and let her fear get to her. But, she couldn't think anything out like she normally did. She closed her eyes and a picture of Rolar came into her mind.

Then, a moment later, she opened up her eyes again. As the door started to open, a shard of ice had formed in Lilith's hand which she used to cut the ropes that had her tied, trying to ignore the fear that made her body feel like stone.

She rushed at the person coming into the room, knocking them onto the ground then rushing out of the room to the other guards who were watching. Her body was heavy.

The guards shouted out to tell others that Lilith had gotten out, then they prepared to knock her out again.

With the shard still in Lilith's hand, she quickly transformed the little piece into her sword made of a mixture of ice and water, then struck at the two men just to be able to hit them without aiming in any specific place. One of the guards was hit in the shoulder, creating a gash that started to bleed, causing the man to stumble back and hold his shoulder with his other hand.

The other man however dodged, rushed for Lilith and not wanting to really do much but knock her out, ran straight into her causing her to stumble back as well, and sliding right into a nearby wall.

It was really tight in there. Rolar had trouble crawling through the vent for quite some times. You know, they always seem more spacious in movies. Anyway, he began making his way through the tunnel, eventually finding a vent which was emanating a red light. He kicked it in, and soon found himself in a far more spacious (though still cramped tunnel. Wires and pipes seemed to be on all sides of him. On any normal day, he'd just tear them out. That probably wouldn't work this time.

He continued on for a while, down the winding passages, down ladders, past cross sections. As he continued down though, he caught wind of a maintenance worker. He seemed to be checking the equipment. Why know of all times? Rolar kept to the side, praying the man wouldn't see him. But as he continued with his rounds, he began approaching him. Rolar felt he would only have one option. To take the guy down before he saw him, but right before he began moving, the distant yells of some sort of alarm began sounding. The man immediately dropped his work, and ran back the other way, leaving Rolar even more concerned. Had they discovered he was there?

Without wasting any more time, Rolar began making his way through the area as quickly as he could. Then he heard voices behind one of the access panels. It was slightly muffled, but he could make out some of it.

"Stop-!"

"Calling any nearby personnel, there is a- on the loose. Respond immediately"

They were frantically informing the rest of the facility of some sort of problem. Must be the security room. Sounds like a good place to take out.

Rolar called forth a large sphere of light in the center of the room. The two men looked behind them.

"What the he-"

With a sudden blinding light, the two men held their hands over their eyes, having a hard time seeing. With that, Rolar kicked out the panel, jumping inside, and promptly knocked the two out before figuring out what happened. Now with free range of the room, he took a moment, gazing at the controls and the monitors. Wait... Was that?...

"Lilith!"

Lilith slid down the wall, taking out her free hand and touching the wall to stop herself from falling more. She looked up, seeing the guy trying to come at her to grab her and put her back into the room. Without thinking, Lilith moved her body and got herself out of the way of his lunge.

"Damn it! You brat, just stay still!" He shouted at her as he spun himself around.

It was at this time that the other one with the injured shoulder came up behind Lilith and grabbed onto her. She jumped in fear, but her body couldn't move away from him any thanks to his grasp.

"L-let me go!" Lilith stated as her voice shook a bit.

"Get her back inside. They need her!" The uninjured one said.

The injured one started to drag her towards the room she just left. Lilith needed to just do something more than this. She needed to stop them completely. Her eyes suddenly changed to a bright blue, much brighter than her usual look. The air began to get cold, and they could see the ice starting to form on the walls. A few ice shards hovered around Lilith, then suddenly, the whole area froze with the men frozen as well.

However, Lilith was still stuck in the frozen grasp. She needed to get away. She began to use more of her magic, and it almost seemed like the white in her hair took a bit more of the black as her body seemed to change into water. She moved away from the man, then once she was out of his grasp, her body turned to normal and the white in the hair went back to it's normal side.

Her eyes went back to normal, and tired from the magic use, Lilith leaned against the wall, breathing out deeply as she stared at the two frozen men who now looked like ice sculptures.

Rolar watched in horror as she was being taken hold of by the men. Then he saw her take them down. It was strange... I was glad to see her take the initiative, and follow her instinct, but... she seemed almost pained. Terrified. Like an animal backed into a corner. But most of all, he felt relief that she was okay.

But not for long. According to the other screens, they all were heading to her location. Rolar frantically looked around the controls for anything.

"Door controls... Sector... 3B... 3B, 3B, 3B!"

Suddenly, the doors to the side of Lilith closed, leaving her down a straight isle. Rolar found a microphone, trying to disguise his voice as best he could

"Attention all personnel, the escapee has fled to Sector 3E, and is currently enroute to the service elevator. Cut her off there. Do not let her escape at all costs."

Afterwords, he tried to see if he could talk to just one section. After a few seconds of searching, he found the buttons needed.

"Hey there Lily. Glad to see you've been able to hold your own. Hurry to the Surveillance room. I'll try to open and close the doors there. Those thugs may be in some places, so be prepared to blast through them and keep running, now go!"

Lilith heard the sound of doors closing. She looked over to the side to see the doors suddenly shut closed, preventing her from going that way. She could only move forward and she was sure there would be others in that direction. But, she didn't even know where to go or where was out. She could end up going farther into the complex and get lost somewhere.

Then, she heard a familiar voice over the intercom telling the people that she was going somewhere else that was wasn't. That voice.

"Rolar!" Lilith said to herself.

Suddenly it was silent for a moment again until she heard him again, telling her to head for the surveillance room, though to be careful because they were most likely people who were going to get in her way. She feeling of relief came over Lilith slightly at the realization that Rolar was there. She hurried herself, and rushed her way through the corridor. She didn't know where that room was, but she was just going to follow wherever her body took her, hoping it would take her to where he was.

Along the way, she ran into a few other men and she pushed through them using her abilities, wanting to get back to Rolar as quickly as possible. She needed to get to Rolar.

She finally realized that she had made it the the surveillance room. She busted through the door and ran directly towards Rolar. She arms went out and the girl wrapped them around him into a tight hug. She let out a few deep breaths.

"Rolar," she commented. "I'm so glad your okay."

Rolar did what he could, blocking off intercepting personnel, and leading Lilith to the room. After she finally made it, and burst through the door, Rolar locked the door behind her, allowing them some time before anyone could reach them, but before he could get a word out, she had already latched onto him.

He staggered a bit at the sheer force she rammed into him. But feeling her hold on so tight... Rolar was just glad to have her safe, by his side. He placed a hand behind her head, and pulled her in even closer, tousling her hair.

"I can say the same to you, you know..."

He didn't break the moment at all for a fair amount of time. That is until he was rudely awaken from this moment of bliss by pounding against the door.

"We need to get out of here."

He grabbed her hand, and pulled her back into the maintence tunnel and moved as fast as he could, trying to get a hold of the Academy. He kept trying to call them, before throwing his transmitter in frustration.

"I can't get them!... Come on, this way."

He turned and began moving a different way now. If their transport wasn't coming, seemed they'd need to transport themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.