Super Mario Sunshine: Trouble in Paradise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yun Lee

Original poster
The IC will be going up on September 5th!

Isle Delfino. A tropical paradise just a few hours away from the Mushroom Kingdom, this beautiful island is THE place for a vacation that will relax and refresh you, no matter what you've gone through. Ever since a certain plumber rescued the Shine Sprites and cleaned up the mess caused by a certain Koopa, Isle Delfino has seen a massive increase in tourism, so much so that every ticket on a flight there has to be bought months in advance. Luckily, you arrive there without having to spend a single penny-in fact, you wake up on a plane with no recollection of booking a flight, or even knowing what Isle Delfino even is. But after a particularly rough landing, you soon find yourself involuntarily thrust into an adventure that's like nothing you could've ever imagined. For there is evil lurking in this paradise, and nothing is as it seems. Every move you make is watched, judged, calculated into a scheme where you could very well have no say in. And with just one wrong move, you could lose it all-including your own life.

This is...Super Mario Sunshine: Trouble in Paradise.

A Message From the GM!

Hello! The name's Yun, and this is the newest game in the ongoing Murder Series, based on-you guessed it-Super Mario Sunshine. For anyone new to the Murder Series, welcome! We're so glad to have you, and hope you can join us for this game. We usually do our RPing down in the Murder subforum, but I'm hoping to get some more lovely folks into our group, and what better way to do that than with a game based on an old nostalgic classic?

Now, I know what you may be thinking: "Murder and Mario? How does that work?" Well, the reason we're called the Murder Series is because we originally ran RPs that were a lot like Mafia/Town of Salem/etc. Each one we've done tends to be based around an existing series, sometimes even a really cool crossover of two or more! We've had games based on Resident Evil, Danganronpa, the Fate series, Mass Effect, Gravity Falls, and so much more! Along with that, we also have people play characters from all different fandoms (though OCs are always welcome!). You ever want to see Bayonetta team up with Ruby Rose? How about Samurai Jack in a battle against Bill Cipher? Both have happened so far, as well as tons of other really cool crossover fights, friendships, and romances. You'll be solving puzzles, investigating murders, fighting classic enemies...possibilities are endless!

Now, since the series has been going on quite a while (a good three years now, I think!) there is a lot of lore and backstory to catch up on, which you can find on our wiki. Don't let that scare you away, though-I've worked to make this game as beginner-friendly as possible. You won't need to know a whole bunch about it, but our group is full of friendly folks more than happy to help get you in the know.

We've had quite a few games already (eighteen in fact!) and this is the nineteenth. In order to keep things new and exciting, we've been switching up the formulas and trying some new variations on the old "someone gets murdered each chapter and it's up to you to figure out who did it!" formula that Murder's used over the years. Heck, with games mixing things up, some games may not even have any deaths at all! This one, however, will have some deaths. But it's a fun new system that I think a lot of folks will like! Basically, each round, everyone will participate in something called a Paradise Game. These are essentially minigames, and like minigames, they'll vary in style: trivia, puzzle-solving, even a team challenge! At the end, at least one person will lose and be eliminated. But don't worry! This game has an Afterlife System, where you will have plenty to do if you don't make it. And you'll end up back with the main group in the final chapter no matter what, so you won't miss out! In fact, you'll be able to play some Afterlife-exclusive games, so don't feel too bad about not making it to the end.

Now, there will be ways to ensure that you have more than just luck on your side. For example, those who win games or get a high will get Blue Coins, which they can use to buy hints and even immunity. You can also earn rewards from a certain character in one area per chapter, but you may find those are rather...unethical. There's also a third way, but...I'll let you guys figure that one out on your own.

Rules!

Okay, now onto the rules. Thanks for staying with me so far guys, we're almost done.

1. All standard Iwaku rules apply.​
  2. Please be respectful to me, my co-GMs, and all other players. My co-GMs are @thatguyinthestore and @Mason Moretti and they'll be helping me out quite a bit. However, I am the head GM of this game, and I want you to come to me first in case you need something clarified. I ask that if you have an issue with something another player does, or with something one of my co-GMs says, please bring it up to me privately so I can sort things out as quickly and as smoothly as possible. We're all here to have fun, but we need to be nice to each other to make it happen.​
  3. Remember, this is just a game. Don't get too upset if you lose or if someone beats you for a Blue Coin, because at the end of the day, this is all for fun! Besides, the Afterlife I have planned will give you plenty to do, so even if you lose, you'll still get a fun experience.​
  4. This one is pretty important: please have a discord so that I can contact you! As I'm not Iwaku staff, I only get so many PMs before my inbox gets full. Quite a few of these games rely on me contacting you via PM, which is easier to do in Discord. It helps to also be part of the Murder Series discord server so you can stay in the know (I post in the server way more than the Murder clan here), but this isn't a requirement. Having a discord in general is, though, unless you're completely unable to get one. In that case, let me know, and I can arrange a PM on here.​
  5. Adding onto that, please keep all OOC discussion in either the clan or the discord server. If you're gonna be off for the night, no need to bring it up in a post.​
  6. All characters will have their powers drained, and all weapons gone. Instead, everyone will be given a FLUDD machine to use in fights. Even so, be careful not to godmod or anything. I'll keep an eye on fight sequences and make sure things stay fair.​
  7. Please, please, please stay active! I'm going to work hard to keep this game going at a pace where you can keep up without things dragging. If needed, find someone to post with, or integrate yourself into a group. I know life comes up, especially in September with school starting for a lot of folks, so if you feel you may fall behind, or if something comes up, please let me know, and I'll accommodate you best I can. If not, you character may be killed off for inactivity. I really don't want to have to do that, so please don't be afraid to give me a heads up if you need some time away!​
  8. Though activity is important, please make sure your posts have some significance to them. Sure, joke posts can be fun once or twice, but don't overdo it or other people don't have much fun. Also, three images/gifs per post please! That way, no one has to worry about lag or anything by a whole bunch of pictures loading.​
  9. There will be some limits on characters, only because of the IC physical requirements of the games. Your character needs to be able to operate a FLUDD unit, as well as perform physical activities such as running, swimming, and climbing. Basically, if you couldn't see this character being playable in Mario Party, then they aren't the right fit for this game. In addition, no duos will be allowed in order to keep games fair. OCs will be allowed, but only a maximum of five.​
Character Sheet!

Appearance: (a photo works, but you can describe if needed)

Name: (self-explanatory)

Canon: (what series are they from?)

Bio: (a link to a wiki page works just fine!)

Powers/Weapons/Abilities: (even if they're going to be gone, still good stuff to know!)

Starring:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Risky Boots (Shantae)
@Bucky as Honoka Kousaka (Love Live!)
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Tony Stark (The Superior Iron Man)
@Crow as Ernesti Echavalier (Knights & Magic)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Kars (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
@dark as Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)
@Glostechk as Tsuyu Asui (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Toshinori Yagi (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Jeremi as The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)
@Kaykay as Hina (Hinamatsuri)
@Kentucky as Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Yusuke Kitagawa (Persona 5)
@Leon Moretti as Nagihiko Fujisaki (Shugo Chara!)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Rita Hanson (Groundhog Day: The Musical)
@Mason Moretti as Starlow (Mario and Luigi series)
@Midnight Maiden as Blake Belladonna (RWBY)
@Minerva as Ritsuka Fujimura (Fate/Grand Order)
@Otto as Talon (League of Legends)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Kusanagi (Phantom of the Kill)
@Takumi as Yato (Noragami)
@thatguyinthestore as Shantae (Shantae)
@The Myrmidon as Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (Magic: the Gathering)
@Verite as Gon Freeces (Hunter X Hunter)
@York as Ami Kawashima (Toradora!)
@Yun Lee as Yumeko Jabami (Kakegurui)​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu

ZtFKYww.png

"It doesn't matter how righteous our feelings are.
If we start another fight...
If we break the law...
then we're no better than the villains!"

Name
Tsuyu Asui

also known as
tumblr_inline_npmbc0ktRz1qlckaf_540.jpg

Canon

BnpFJkS.png

Bio
Tsuyu Asui, aka "Froppy," is currently a student at U.A. High school and is training to become a professional hero. In her universe, almost everyone has supernatural abilities that is unique with each individual. Some tend to continue their life as normal, and some decide to pursue a career towards becoming super heroes.

Powers | Weapons | Abilities
As the ability called "Frog-Form," several frog-abilities, which includes great leaping abilities, wall clinging, a powerful extending tongue, camouflaging, fast swimming, and excels physically in aquatic environments. Her stomach can also inflate like a frog, secrete irritating toxins, and store and retrieve objects by regurgitating them out when necessary. Tsuyu is sensitive to the cold - prolong exposure can cause drowsiness and fatigue. She also uses camouflage to change the color of her body to match with her surrounding environment.

06732100494f32a84f0376ac3a34bbc2.gif

Last edited:
Appearance:
tdFh0UB.jpg

"It's difficult to like me when I'm being myself."

Name:
Ami Kawashima

Canon:
Toradora!

Bio:
Ami Kawashima

She wakes up on a plane lead to believe she was taking on another modeling job... But little does she know that she's in for quite the surprise.

Powers/Weapons/Abilities:
N/A

Ami is a somewhat eccentric, but average girl working as a model, though one with a level of wisdom... And a dual personality she's not always very sure about.​

_pixel_item__night_sky_divider__f2u__by_zombhood-dbhie8a.gif

Appearance:

love_live__school_idol_project_render_by_bloomsama-d7ikxee.png

Name:
Honoka Kousaka

Canon:
%B7%AF%BA%EA%B6%F3%C0%CC%BA%EA_%C7%D1%B1%DB%B7%CE%B0%ED_%BD%C3%C1%F02___20140217e.png

Bio:
~Honoka Kousaka~

I guess you could consider these abilities... this is taken from her Wiki page..

Honoka enjoys swimming and collecting stickers. Her special skill is often finding money on the streets, which she attributes to good luck. She is also the current leader of the school idol group μ's. Starting from the second season, she succeeds Ayase Eli as Otonokizaka High School's student council president.

|| I hope signups are still open.. I'm still kinda trying to learn about the forums and stuff nwn ||

Appearance:

Name:
Honoka Kousaka

Canon:
%B7%AF%BA%EA%B6%F3%C0%CC%BA%EA_%C7%D1%B1%DB%B7%CE%B0%ED_%BD%C3%C1%F02___20140217e.png

Bio:
~Honoka Kousaka~

I guess you could consider these abilities... this is taken from her Wiki page..

Honoka enjoys swimming and collecting stickers. Her special skill is often finding money on the streets, which she attributes to good luck. She is also the current leader of the school idol group μ's. Starting from the second season, she succeeds Ayase Eli as Otonokizaka High School's student council president.

|| I hope signups are still open.. I'm still kinda trying to learn about the forums and stuff nwn ||

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU'RE JOINING YES

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mimi Cheems

Appearance:

Name:
Honoka Kousaka

Canon:

Bio:
~Honoka Kousaka~

You're good! Sign ups just opened yesterday, actually. The game doesn't start until next Tuesday. Just make sure that you join the Discord server, which yun linked in the first post ^^​

@Bucky Everything is good to go! Also omg Honoka!!! Im a huge love live fan lol

Appearance:
cardart_MarduRunemark.jpg

Name: Alesha, Who Smiles at Death

Canon: Magic: The Gathering - Pre-Khanfall

Bio: A child of the Mardu Horde and the warrior who leads them into battle against the dragons of Tarkir, Alesha has taken the position of khan through her merits rather than through the right of blood. Among the Mardu who waged constant, endless battle against the beasts of their world and against rival hordes, there is no such concept of the latter. To be granted the right to select a warname and to come of age is to be recognized for your glorious actions as witnessed by fellow warriors, and to be granted the right to lead is to hold true to the rules of honor and combat as described in the Edicts of Illagra; to conquer is to eat (the lands of the Mardu is harsh and requires them to battle other peoples for resources to susstain themselves), to rule is to bleed (to lead the men and women of the Horde, you must prove yourself one of them yet above them as well, sacrificing of yourself to inspire them to greater glory), and victory or defeat (no matter what the outcome, there is to be no retreat from battle or from death; cowardice is ill-afforded weakness).

By her own strength, Alesha has lived by these edicts for as long as she has borne the name of her grandmother, ever since she earned the right to call herself such by slaying a dragon at the age of sixteen. The tale of skewering the beast through the head with a spear had earned her name, yet she did not simply rest on her laurels. To honor her grandmother, to reject the identity others had forced upon her, and to protect her khan, she continued to slay the soaring beasts that terrorized her people, earning the right to be named Khan of the Mardu. Yet it was not until the day she earned her second name, the moniker of war that all would know her by, that no one dared to question her identity or her right to lead; Alesha, Who Smiles at Death.

The wiki page for the Mardu Horde and the story that Alesha takes a starring role in.

• Skilled archer, sword-wielder, and spearman.
  • Implications of some familiarity with magic, given her horde's use of lightning magic, the apparent enchantment of her blades in some artwork, and the nature of Magic: The Gathering. Actual ability unknown, most likely little if any.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Who says I'm done fighting?"

119579.jpg

Name
Blake Belladonna

Canon

RWBY

Bio
Blake Belladonna/History

Powers/Weapons/Abilities

Gambol Shroud
- Classified as a "Variant Ballistic Chain Scythe" (VBCS), this is Blake's signature weapon. Basically a mix of katana/cleaver/pistol/kusarigama, depending on what mode it's used in.

From Shadows
- Blake's semblance allows her to create 'shadow clones' of herself. Think carbon copies- only one able to be put into use at a time -that, depending on whether she uses dust to change them or not, can take on the properties of ice, stone, etc. They can be used to distract, shield, and, well, for a variety of other things.

Aura - Something much less specific to her than her semblance. In the words of one Jaune Arc, "It's like a force field!!!!"

C67b0UwUwAAxH9q.png

"The only thing that is allowed to destroy a giant robot... is another giant robot! Anything aside from that is a violation of aesthetics!"

Name:
Ernesti Echevalier

At least 40(soul)

Canon:
mini_ttl.png

Bio:
Ernesti Echavalier was once a man named Kurata Tsubasa in a world no different from ours, where he was a mecha-obsessed programmer. However, one day, he died in a car accident and was reincarnated into another world as Ernesti Echavalier. This world was promising for young Ernesti as it was a world where Silhouette Knights - mecha-like mechanisms - protected the Kingdom.

More info here!

Weapons:
Ernesti is in possession of the Silhouette Knight Ikaruga - his personal mecha, one could say.
He possesses a pair of gunrods - gun shaped rods that he uses to channel his magic and levitate.

Abilities:
Magic Prowess - Ernesti Echavalier knows a wide variety of spells.
Large Mana Pool - He has the mana pool for pretty heavy spells.

Skills:
Weapon prowess - Ernesti has skill in swordsmanship as well as gunmanship.
Programming knowledge - a very good programmer, and has displayed the ability to hack.
Vast intellect - He possesses a lot of knowledge, especially in his field.
Silhouette Knight Pilot - Ernesti Echavalier is capable of piloting a Silhouette Knight. It can be assumed that he can pilot less complex vehicles like run-of-the-mill cars and even other kinds of mechas.​

Last edited:
Name
Yusuke Kitagawa

Canon
Persona 5

Bio
Yusuke Kitagawa

Powers/Weapons/Abilities
Yusuke has the ability to manipulate and control a unique power called a 'persona' that he can only use when he travels into a metaverse that exists within the hearts of people. Harnessing the power of his persona, Goemon, Yusuke has the ability to use several ice related / magical abilities. He also knows how to use Japanese samurai swords ands assault riffles.
Alrighty. Edited my sign-up into my first post. Here it is~ 8)

Art boi coming soon. ;)

Oh yeah-if you have a posting partner, be sure to let me know who it is!

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
In your dreams, thatguy.

But seriously. It's not a mandatory thing, but will factor into a small part of the prologue a teeny bit, lol.

I think MidnightMaiden and I agreed on being posting partners! >v<
Well- she called dibs on me being her posting partner... I don't know if I was supposed to let you know here, or... nwn​

Reactions: Yun Lee
"Live and die by the blade."

Appearance:

latest

Name:
Talon

Canon:
League of Legends

Bio:

The following is quoted from the official bio.

Talon's earliest memories are the darkness of Noxus' underground passages and the reassuring steel of a blade. He remembers no family, warmth, or kindness. Instead, the clink of stolen gold and the security of a wall at his back are all the kinship he has ever craved. Kept alive only by his quick wits and deft thievery, Talon scraped out a living in the seedy underbelly of Noxus. His mastery of the blade quickly marked him as a threat, and Noxian guilds sent assassins to him with a demand: join their ranks or be killed. He left the bodies of his pursuers dumped in Noxus' moat as his response.

zx0nJTu.jpg

The assassination attempts grew increasingly frequent until one assailant met Talon blade-for-blade in a match of strength. To his surprise, Talon was disarmed and facing down his executioner's sword when the assassin revealed himself to be General Du Couteau. The General offered Talon the choice between death at his hand, or life as an agent of the Noxian High Command. Talon chose life, on the condition that his service was to Du Couteau alone, for the only type of orders he could respect were from one he could not defeat.

Talon remained in the shadows, carrying out secret missions on Du Couteau's orders that took him from the frigid lands of the Freljord to the inner sanctums of Demacia itself. When the general mysteriously disappeared one day, Talon considered claiming his freedom, but he had gained immense respect for Du Couteau after years in his service. He became obsessed with tracking down the general's whereabouts, and scours the land in search of those responsible for Du Couteau's disappearance.​

PqVJ7zy.png

• His attacks cause intense bleeding.
cuo8prM.png

"This blade's my favorite..."
  • Can easily lunge at targets and impale them. If the target dies, Talon heals for a small amount.
xY19xEc.png
uNRIw9x.png

• Has an absurd amount of mana-controlled blades.
"The worst part about losing a blade is trying to trace back all my stabbings..."
  • And, yes, his cape has blades on them.
4ZNSzBS.png

• Is extremely agile; can parkour over most things or climb others that are too tall.
  • Can become invisible temporarily. During his invisibility, he can run much faster than normal.

Last edited:
k86jwpG.png

Name:
Hina

Canon:
Hinamatsuri

Bio:
Hina came from a weird pod from the future. She now lives with a yakuza named Yoshifumi Nitta, the man whose apartment she appeared in, and has become close with his gang. Through circumstance and her telekinesis, she's made the mild-mannered Nitta become a yakuza of legendary proportions, much to both his dismay and delight. However, in all other respects she's pretty much just a parasite of Nitta's, spending all of her time playing games, spending Nitta's money, and sleeping at school.

Telekinesis, explosion creation​

Just reminding you guys that the game will start Tuesday, September 5! I work that day and have school, so I don't know the exact time, but it will definitely be up sometime that day!

latest

"Hello Yello!"

Name: Starlow (aka Chippy)

Canon: Mario & Luigi Series

Bio

Powers/Abilities: Starlow can float a few feet into the air. This flight is strong enough to support the weight of both Mario and Luigi. She also has the ability to team up with peach to use magic, as well as using her own attack called Supernova Sparkle.​

(changing my character because I'm an ass)

"Powers or no, I'm ret-2-go!"

Name:
Shantae

Canon:
Shantae_series_logo.png

Bio:
Shantae

Powers/Abilities:

• Hair Whip (aka Ponytail Whip) - Shantae's trademark move. Shantae can use her long purple ponytail hair as a weapon, cracking it like a whip by shaking her head. It was revealed in Shantae: Risky's Revenge that this skill is not a by-product of her genie half, as she is able to use this ability after her powers are removed. It's possible that this skill is a product of her own magic not tied to her genie side, or may have come from her father.
  • Magical Belly Dances - Shantae can use her ability to bellydance to cause various kinds of magical effects, most notably teleportation and transformation. Although her dancing style is certainly mostly fanciful, similarities have been noted with the Turkish Oryantal Dans style of belly dance.[2]
  • Transformation - Shantae can transform into many forms such as a monkey, elephant, spider, harpy, mermaid and Tinkerbat once she's learned the correct dance from a Guardian Genie, Magic Fountain or in the case of the Tinkerbat dance by buying the sequence from a man in Bandit Town.
  • Magic spells and magic items - Shantae can use various kinds of magic spells and items that are bought at shops. The magic properties of these items are apparently not tied to Shantae's genie powers, as she retains the ability to use them even after her powers are taken away in Risky's Revenge.
  • Fighter Moves - Having received training from Bolo and through upgrades in the shop, Shantae can perform various martial arts techniques such as Backdashes, Recoveries and several types of kick attacks (Power Kick, Drill Kick, Uppercut Kick)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.