Super Mario Sunshine: Trouble in Paradise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yun Lee

Original poster
The IC will be going up on September 5th!

Isle Delfino. A tropical paradise just a few hours away from the Mushroom Kingdom, this beautiful island is THE place for a vacation that will relax and refresh you, no matter what you've gone through. Ever since a certain plumber rescued the Shine Sprites and cleaned up the mess caused by a certain Koopa, Isle Delfino has seen a massive increase in tourism, so much so that every ticket on a flight there has to be bought months in advance. Luckily, you arrive there without having to spend a single penny-in fact, you wake up on a plane with no recollection of booking a flight, or even knowing what Isle Delfino even is. But after a particularly rough landing, you soon find yourself involuntarily thrust into an adventure that's like nothing you could've ever imagined. For there is evil lurking in this paradise, and nothing is as it seems. Every move you make is watched, judged, calculated into a scheme where you could very well have no say in. And with just one wrong move, you could lose it all-including your own life.

This is...Super Mario Sunshine: Trouble in Paradise.

A Message From the GM!

Hello! The name's Yun, and this is the newest game in the ongoing Murder Series, based on-you guessed it-Super Mario Sunshine. For anyone new to the Murder Series, welcome! We're so glad to have you, and hope you can join us for this game. We usually do our RPing down in the Murder subforum, but I'm hoping to get some more lovely folks into our group, and what better way to do that than with a game based on an old nostalgic classic?

Now, I know what you may be thinking: "Murder and Mario? How does that work?" Well, the reason we're called the Murder Series is because we originally ran RPs that were a lot like Mafia/Town of Salem/etc. Each one we've done tends to be based around an existing series, sometimes even a really cool crossover of two or more! We've had games based on Resident Evil, Danganronpa, the Fate series, Mass Effect, Gravity Falls, and so much more! Along with that, we also have people play characters from all different fandoms (though OCs are always welcome!). You ever want to see Bayonetta team up with Ruby Rose? How about Samurai Jack in a battle against Bill Cipher? Both have happened so far, as well as tons of other really cool crossover fights, friendships, and romances. You'll be solving puzzles, investigating murders, fighting classic enemies...possibilities are endless!

Now, since the series has been going on quite a while (a good three years now, I think!) there is a lot of lore and backstory to catch up on, which you can find on our wiki. Don't let that scare you away, though-I've worked to make this game as beginner-friendly as possible. You won't need to know a whole bunch about it, but our group is full of friendly folks more than happy to help get you in the know.

We've had quite a few games already (eighteen in fact!) and this is the nineteenth. In order to keep things new and exciting, we've been switching up the formulas and trying some new variations on the old "someone gets murdered each chapter and it's up to you to figure out who did it!" formula that Murder's used over the years. Heck, with games mixing things up, some games may not even have any deaths at all! This one, however, will have some deaths. But it's a fun new system that I think a lot of folks will like! Basically, each round, everyone will participate in something called a Paradise Game. These are essentially minigames, and like minigames, they'll vary in style: trivia, puzzle-solving, even a team challenge! At the end, at least one person will lose and be eliminated. But don't worry! This game has an Afterlife System, where you will have plenty to do if you don't make it. And you'll end up back with the main group in the final chapter no matter what, so you won't miss out! In fact, you'll be able to play some Afterlife-exclusive games, so don't feel too bad about not making it to the end.

Now, there will be ways to ensure that you have more than just luck on your side. For example, those who win games or get a high will get Blue Coins, which they can use to buy hints and even immunity. You can also earn rewards from a certain character in one area per chapter, but you may find those are rather...unethical. There's also a third way, but...I'll let you guys figure that one out on your own.

Rules!

Okay, now onto the rules. Thanks for staying with me so far guys, we're almost done.

1. All standard Iwaku rules apply.​
  2. Please be respectful to me, my co-GMs, and all other players. My co-GMs are @thatguyinthestore and @Mason Moretti and they'll be helping me out quite a bit. However, I am the head GM of this game, and I want you to come to me first in case you need something clarified. I ask that if you have an issue with something another player does, or with something one of my co-GMs says, please bring it up to me privately so I can sort things out as quickly and as smoothly as possible. We're all here to have fun, but we need to be nice to each other to make it happen.​
  3. Remember, this is just a game. Don't get too upset if you lose or if someone beats you for a Blue Coin, because at the end of the day, this is all for fun! Besides, the Afterlife I have planned will give you plenty to do, so even if you lose, you'll still get a fun experience.​
  4. This one is pretty important: please have a discord so that I can contact you! As I'm not Iwaku staff, I only get so many PMs before my inbox gets full. Quite a few of these games rely on me contacting you via PM, which is easier to do in Discord. It helps to also be part of the Murder Series discord server so you can stay in the know (I post in the server way more than the Murder clan here), but this isn't a requirement. Having a discord in general is, though, unless you're completely unable to get one. In that case, let me know, and I can arrange a PM on here.​
  5. Adding onto that, please keep all OOC discussion in either the clan or the discord server. If you're gonna be off for the night, no need to bring it up in a post.​
  6. All characters will have their powers drained, and all weapons gone. Instead, everyone will be given a FLUDD machine to use in fights. Even so, be careful not to godmod or anything. I'll keep an eye on fight sequences and make sure things stay fair.​
  7. Please, please, please stay active! I'm going to work hard to keep this game going at a pace where you can keep up without things dragging. If needed, find someone to post with, or integrate yourself into a group. I know life comes up, especially in September with school starting for a lot of folks, so if you feel you may fall behind, or if something comes up, please let me know, and I'll accommodate you best I can. If not, you character may be killed off for inactivity. I really don't want to have to do that, so please don't be afraid to give me a heads up if you need some time away!​
  8. Though activity is important, please make sure your posts have some significance to them. Sure, joke posts can be fun once or twice, but don't overdo it or other people don't have much fun. Also, three images/gifs per post please! That way, no one has to worry about lag or anything by a whole bunch of pictures loading.​
  9. There will be some limits on characters, only because of the IC physical requirements of the games. Your character needs to be able to operate a FLUDD unit, as well as perform physical activities such as running, swimming, and climbing. Basically, if you couldn't see this character being playable in Mario Party, then they aren't the right fit for this game. In addition, no duos will be allowed in order to keep games fair. OCs will be allowed, but only a maximum of five.​
Character Sheet!

Appearance: (a photo works, but you can describe if needed)

Name: (self-explanatory)

Canon: (what series are they from?)

Bio: (a link to a wiki page works just fine!)

Powers/Weapons/Abilities: (even if they're going to be gone, still good stuff to know!)

Starring:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Risky Boots (Shantae)
@Bucky as Honoka Kousaka (Love Live!)
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Tony Stark (The Superior Iron Man)
@Crow as Ernesti Echavalier (Knights & Magic)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Kars (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
@dark as Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)
@Glostechk as Tsuyu Asui (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Toshinori Yagi (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Jeremi as The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)
@Kaykay as Hina (Hinamatsuri)
@Kentucky as Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Yusuke Kitagawa (Persona 5)
@Leon Moretti as Nagihiko Fujisaki (Shugo Chara!)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Rita Hanson (Groundhog Day: The Musical)
@Mason Moretti as Starlow (Mario and Luigi series)
@Midnight Maiden as Blake Belladonna (RWBY)
@Minerva as Ritsuka Fujimura (Fate/Grand Order)
@Otto as Talon (League of Legends)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Kusanagi (Phantom of the Kill)
@Takumi as Yato (Noragami)
@thatguyinthestore as Shantae (Shantae)
@The Myrmidon as Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (Magic: the Gathering)
@Verite as Gon Freeces (Hunter X Hunter)
@York as Ami Kawashima (Toradora!)
@Yun Lee as Yumeko Jabami (Kakegurui)​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
latest

Name: Yumeko Jabami

Canon: Kakegurui

Bio: Yumeko Jabami

Powers/Weapons/Abilities: Yumeko has exceptional power of perception, and is known to have no real fears. After all, fears would get in the way of a good gamble, now wouldn't they~?​

Appearance:
fourthdoctor.jpg

Name: The Doctor (4th incarnation)

Canon: Doctor Who

Bio: Filled with wanderlust and a renewed curiosity towards exploring time and space, the Fourth Doctor left all ties of his previous incarnation's exile behind on Earth, setting off to travel the Cosmos. This incarnation of the Doctor initially travelled with Sarah Jane Smith and Harry Sullivan, but Harry chose to remain on Earth when the opportunity arose. The Doctor and Sarah continued on their adventures until the Doctor was summoned to Gallifrey, necessitating that he leave Sarah Jane behind as humans were not allowed on Gallifrey.

Powers/Weapons/Abilities: Sonic screwdriver
gallifreyan physiology
Telepathy and hypnosis​

tumblr_ogp5h1cRvx1uugqoto1_540.jpg

~Name~
Maria Ushiromiya

~Age~

~Canon~
Umineko no Naku Koro ni

~Bio~
The Believer of Magic
Before any of the variants of the Rokkenjima Massacre, Maria is the only daughter to Rosa Ushiromiya, and attended the Ushiromiya family meeting at the private island on the year of 1986. Regardless of every rendition of the incident, she is always devoted to talking about magic, and primarily towards the Golden Witch Beatrice. She is usually the one that finds the letters from the supposed "Beatrice," and is generally the only other person than Kinzo to not be bothered by the murders. In the Metaworld, she is granted the title of "Witch of Origins" after being a devoted believer of Beatrice.

~Powers/Weapons/Abilities~
In the Metaworld, Maria is also known as the Witch of Origins. Despite her inexperience, she holds the potential of making anything out of zero, or rather manifesting "one" in the Sea of Zero. Other than that, her magic is fairly harmless, focused on creating cuddly cute animals, candies, and rainbows.​

Name

Gon Freecss

12-14 years old

Canon

Hx_H.png

Bio

Gon Freecss

In the HxH timeline, Gon is taken from early on in the Chimera Ant Arc, specifically when he and Killua were training with Biscuit. As a result, he doesn't have his fishing rod with him.

Powers / Weapons / Abilities

Gon Freecss

He has a lot of powers and natural abilities. He's basically super strong and keen, thanks partly to his affinity for Nen, is an experienced fighter, has extensive zoological knowledge, a noticeable healing factor, and other stuff.

Last edited:
Will post a CS when I get done with classes for the day.

"How utterly stupid. Why would I fight one-on-one? All I want is the Red Stone, my goal is to become the ultimate life-form."

"I am not a warrior like Wammu, nor am I romantic."

"No matter the method, in the end. . ."

"VICTORY IS ALL THAT MATTERS, JOJO!"

6c577898d9f3a76c1a8652b1aa969bc2.jpg

Name

Kars

Canon

jojosba.gif

Part 2: Battle Tendency

Bio
Kars

Kars is 'plucked' from the timeline two years after the events of Battle Tendency. His memories and thoughts have been restored to him. Although nullified, he is still the Ultimate Being.

Powers/Weapons/Abilities

Kars

As the Ultimate Life Form, Kars was more or less the most powerful being on Earth during his time. With the ability to rewrite his own cellular data, and use Ripple energy with the intensity of the sun itself, he's is not to be trifled with. It can be inferred he still possesses his Shining Sabres, Light Mode, as well as the Pillar Men affinity for body-morphing.

Appearance:
Yato.%28Noragami%29.full.1835668.jpg

Name: Yato

Canon: Noragami

Bio: Yato

The Sovionok Camp Incident

Yato, along with his Regalia Yukine, had suddenly woken up on a bus headed to some camp. After spending some time there and getting to know some fellow participants, one having bonded quite a bit with Yukine and eventually reuniting with the Shinki after they returned home. It's a wonder that even after the two returned home and returned to their normal routine with passing time, that the event was pushed so far back into his mind to the point of being temporarily forgotten.

He's taken long before the events of season 2 have happened.

Powers/Weapons/Abilities:

Rend- The ability to exorcise and destroy Ayakashis with his Shinki.

Severance- Yato, with his Shinki, is able to sever the ties of people.

Teleportation- He's able to teleport to any location he has a connection to.

Divine Possession- Can control a human body by temporarily substituting the soul.

His Shinki, Yukine, wasn't with him at the time of this strange phenomenon of suddenly waking up on a plane. Yato is also a master swordsman.

Last edited:
"One day, somebody, my prince may come, but I won't hold my breath."

Appearance:
upload_2017-8-29_12-23-21.png
Name: Rita Hanson

Canon: Groundhog Day The Musical

Bio: Rita Hanson grew up in Taffeta Dresses and was taught to be pretty and precise along with those ridiculous dolls. As she grew up, she still held onto that fairytale ideal. At some point before this, she worked with the lovely (read as horrible) Phil Connors on the flood story as his associate producer. After that, she continued to work at the channel 5 station before she was assigned yet again to the Wonderful ( Read as asshole) Phil to report in Punxsutawney PA. They arrived there and got trapped in a blizzard that also induced a time loop. One that Rita pretended she wasn't aware of. After a long time of Phil failing to give her the perfect day, she watched him commit suicide in front of her and then disappear the next day. The very next thing she knew after that, the following February 2nd, she woke up not there, but on a plan.

Powers/Weapons/Abilities: Rita does not have any powers or weapons. She does however have a diary that she keeps of her time in Punxsutawney, a clipboard, a pen, some amazing comforting skills and knows how to run, hike and swim. She is also cynical and intelligent and has wit, but none of them are particularly abilities. She's a normal human.

Last edited:
Appearance:

CLM015JWcAQNO3E.jpg

Name: Ritsuka Fujimura

Canon: Fate/Grand Order - Wikipedia

Bio: Protagonist

Following an ad for work, she ended up as a candidate in Chaldea's Master Program. Following a critical failure involving all the other masters, she was the only one left. She went with Mash Kyrielight and Director Olga Marie to correct errors in the Timeline. Since then, she has worked for Chaldea attempting to fix errors in the timelines and bring human history back on course.

Powers/Weapons/Abilities: (even if they're going to be gone, still good stuff to know!)

As someone with low magical ability, most of her power comes from Command Seals or Mystic Codes. (A Mystic Code is similar to a uniform) She also has a high affinity with servants.

Name
Yusuke Kitagawa

Canon
Persona 5

Bio
Yusuke Kitagawa

Powers/Weapons/Abilities
Yusuke has the ability to manipulate and control a unique power called a 'persona' that he can use when he travels into a metaverse that exists within the hearts of people. Harnessing the power of his persona, Goemon, Yusuke has the ability to use several ice related / magical abilities. He also knows how to use Japanese samurai swords ands assault riffles.

Name: (self-explanatory) Colonel Mael Radec

Canon: (what series are they from?) Killzone

Bio: (a link to a wiki page works just fine!) Mael Radec

StA-18 Pistol, M32 Combat Knife, StA-3 Light Machine Gun, Teslite Grenade, Frag Grenade

LEVEL 1: STA-X3 W.A.S.P. LAUNCHER

Radec manipulates a reticle. The reticle determines where a missile will be launched. If fired while the reticle is over another player, the missle will home in on them.

LEVEL 2: STA-5X ARC CANNON
Fires a green energy blast that travels across the screen, killing all in its path.

LEVEL 3: STA-X6 JETPACK
Radec gets a jetpack, flies in front of the playing field, and then the player can move a reticle firing guns from Radec's perspective. (The reticule is the same as when you use the PlayStation Move in Killzone 3).

STA-X6 JETPACK
Radec wears the Killzone 3 jetpack over his uniform. This costume is part of the Bad Dudes costume pack.

Colonol of the Helghast army and feared military leader of Radec's military academy on Helghan.

Name: (self-explanatory) Colonel Mael Radec

Canon: (what series are they from?) Killzone

Bio: (a link to a wiki page works just fine!) Mael Radec

StA-18 Pistol, M32 Combat Knife, StA-3 Light Machine Gun, Teslite Grenade, Frag Grenade

LEVEL 1: STA-X3 W.A.S.P. LAUNCHER

Radec manipulates a reticle. The reticle determines where a missile will be launched. If fired while the reticle is over another player, the missle will home in on them.

LEVEL 2: STA-5X ARC CANNON
Fires a green energy blast that travels across the screen, killing all in its path.

LEVEL 3: STA-X6 JETPACK
Radec gets a jetpack, flies in front of the playing field, and then the player can move a reticle firing guns from Radec's perspective. (The reticule is the same as when you use the PlayStation Move in Killzone 3).

STA-X6 JETPACK
Radec wears the Killzone 3 jetpack over his uniform. This costume is part of the Bad Dudes costume pack.

Colonol of the Helghast army and feared military leader of Radec's military academy on Helghan.
Since powers/weapons will be gone, I'll allow it! Just make sure when weapons come back he wont be too overpowered, okay?

Since powers/weapons will be gone, I'll allow it! Just make sure when weapons come back he wont be too overpowered, okay?

Sure. I forgot to add Mael's favorite knife as well.

Appearance:
images

Name:
Luigi Mario

Canon:
latest

Bio:
Luigi

Poltergust 3000: Luigi is in possession of a Poltergust 3000, which is a device that allows him to suck up ghosts like a vacuum.

Higher jump: Luigi possesses a higher jump than his brother Mario, but suffers from low traction because of it, making it harder for him to stop when he starts running.

"It's Luigi Time!"

Last edited:
vlcsnap_2017_06_12_21h53m41s149.0.png

Name: Peter Parker aka. Spider-Man

Canon: The Amazing Spider-Man/Earth-116 Marvel Universe

Bio:

Spider-Man

Enhanced strength, wall-crawling, and enhanced speed are only some of the powers Spider-Man possessed before being transported to Isle Delfino. He also possessed Spider-Sense previously, which gave him a heads-up as to impending danger. Peter used to be able to heal quicker than a human, and also had much better balance than your typical man or woman.

Peter had created a pair of web shooters which shot out to create sticky webs or ropes that he could swing on.​

vlcsnap_2017_06_12_21h53m41s149.0.png

Name: Peter Parker aka. Spider-Man

Canon: The Amazing Spider-Man/Earth-116 Marvel Universe

Bio:

Spider-Man

Enhanced strength, wall-crawling, and enhanced speed are only some of the powers Spider-Man possessed before being transported to Isle Delfino. He also possessed Spider-Sense previously, which gave him a heads-up as to impending danger. Peter used to be able to heal quicker than a human, and also had much better balance than your typical man or woman.

Peter had created a pair of web shooters which shot out to create sticky webs or ropes that he could swing on.​
Oh my god I love you

Status
Not open for further replies.