'Super' 'Heroes'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for my character either way it goes she'll be a newbie with her abilities. That way the evilstark can have a pawn to be driven to use in his game of antagonistic chess. Maybe she'll know some characters' human ego's but not their costumed alias'. I have my character ready to go but I think I'll wait on Spectre for the details before I put her up.

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
I will wait until I see the char sheets and stuff, before I think up relationships for Lyric^^. This is going to be fun.

Will superhero aliases be a thing? I was thinking "Bombshell" would be fun for my character because she blows things up.

Eventually my gal will be going by Mega Girl. Her secret identity will be very important to her

Thinking of Aliases is always fun. Haha

Already have one in mind Miss Musical... but might change to something more amazing xD

Thanks for the patience. Just got home. Will be cleaning up and then hopefully have some time to sit down and figure out how this site works with the OOC threads and that.

I'm thinking all the group will know each others identities. Been working for the same group for around two weeks, so they know each other, but not that well. Having knowledge of each other outside the hero facility is up to you if you want to work it it I'm fine.

Ooc is next

I again want to address something here- as I saw someone stating they want to be a newbie to their powers. I want everyone's character (except the one we have discussed) to have had knowledge of their power for about a year. That way everyone at least has the basics of controlling themselves.

Alter egos are a superhero must-have, so go nuts and have fun.

I'm good with everyone knowing each other.

@Spectre, Congratulations! XD *chucks handfuls of rice*

I can most definitely roleplay on your terms, so I'll go start writing up my character sheet. I also had a question a while back that you may not have seen: in this world, do organized teams of superhumans (a la Justice League) exist?

Perhaps we can save that discussion for the OOC thread, so no biggie if you'd rather not answer it here. Just thought I'd bring it back up as a refresher. Thanks! :)

All right hold on all :). Had my wedding reception last night other wise I would have addressed these quickly.

Characters will mostly know each other I'd say. They've all been working together for a few weeks at the very least.

I'm going to say no more admissions after today.

I prefer at least a post a week, and anywhere between intermediate to advanced. A few paragraphs at least kinda deal.

I'll get an OOC up soon with a detailed Character Sheet. I can repost the character sheets that have already been posted, and lay out some concrete world details.

More to come.
Congrats! I was thinking this all really took off without you.

Don't worry about reposting my sheet. It's incomplete and I really only put it here because I needed to get the ideas of my head.

Good call on the Columbia clothing line btw. Their omni freeze line is a perfect material for Zero's suit.

Also, hello to all the new folks!

@Shattered♦Secrets™ You may want to look deeper into Sonokinesis. I've given thought to 'Music Manipulation' in the past and while conceptually and thematically cool it's lacks a whole lot of practical application by itself. Of course you might have thought of all this already for all I know.

For the costumes/uniforms, I was thinking each of them would have their own personal sense of style that doesn't necessarily fit the whole "yellow tights" bill. Of course, that would require creative thinking on everyone's part and possibly a thorough google search if they want something specific. I'm just personally less inclined towards a whole "X-men" type of thing with everyone having something very similar if not exactly the same. Maybe they all have some sort of non-loose jewelry that still identifies them as part of this team?
This is kinda what I was figuring too. We were put together by this retired vigilante but at least some of us were heroing before then and likely had developed our own signature style that we aren't gonna be all that open to changing just because some wash up old hero tells us to. I'd also like to think that the mentor guy would be smart enough to know that developing our team work skills is gonna be far more important that developing our fashion sense.

@Thought Manifest Bombshell is beautifully campy wordplay. I love it.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
All right hold on all :). Had my wedding reception last night other wise I would have addressed these quickly.

Characters will mostly know each other I'd say. They've all been working together for a few weeks at the very least.

I'm going to say no more admissions after today.

I prefer at least a post a week, and anywhere between intermediate to advanced. A few paragraphs at least kinda deal.

I'll get an OOC up soon with a detailed Character Sheet. I can repost the character sheets that have already been posted, and lay out some concrete world details.

More to come.
Congrats! I was thinking this all really took off without you.

Don't worry about reposting my sheet. It's incomplete and I really only put it here because I needed to get the ideas of my head.

Good call on the Columbia clothing line btw. Their omni freeze line is a perfect material for Zero's suit.

Also, hello to all the new folks!

@Shattered♦Secrets™ You may want to look deeper into Sonokinesis. I've given thought to 'Music Manipulation' in the past and while conceptually and thematically cool it's lacks a whole lot of practical application by itself. Of course you might have thought of all this already for all I know.

This is kinda what I was figuring too. We were put together by this retired vigilante but at least some of us were heroing before then and likely had developed our own signature style that we aren't gonna be all that open to changing just because some wash up old hero tells us to. I'd also like to think that the mentor guy would be smart enough to know that developing our team work skills is gonna be far more important that developing our fashion sense.

@Thought Manifest Bombshell is beautifully campy wordplay. I love it.
Oh yeah I have to make sure she can use it most of the time. Her main power source (going to be a mutant with music abilities in her genes) would of course be her voice, and she will also always have her special guitar with her to use for her bigger attacks. I have played a char that used Music Manipulation before, if they have their own source to make music they are usually badass and creative xD. Trust me, I can make music manipulation work in even the crazy of situations^^, thanks for the concern though. Lyric will mostly be using the vibration that music and sound make for defense and offense. Will be explain more in her cs.

Oh yeah I have to make sure she can use it most of the time. Her main power source (going to be a mutant with music abilities in her genes) would of course be her voice, and she will also always have her special guitar with her to use for her bigger attacks. I have played a char that used Music Manipulation before, if they have their own source to make music they are usually badass and creative xD. Trust me, I can make music manipulation work in even the crazy of situations^^, thanks for the concern though. Lyric will mostly be using the vibration that music and sound make for defense and offense. Will be explain more in her cs.
Do you mind me asking a couple of questions? Just as a way of advocating discussion?

You talk about her using the vibration music makes, couldn't she just as easily use the vibrations made from the sound of a clap? If she can't, why not? And how does one quantify music from just regular sounds? If she can and just happens to use music for the aesthetic purpose then we are talking about Sonokinesis. In which case I totally misunderstood your intent and have probably made myself look like a pretentious dick. My bad. My worry was never a source. One could incorporate headphones into a super suit. Or if they wanna go old school they could carry around a boombox. Maybe, if they are really desperate and lack any sense of shame, they could use their stomach like a bongo drum. Music is everywhere.

The problem came down to how does one scientifically separate music from noise. Music is an abstract. As an abstract it would affect things in an abstract manner. Music Manipulation would more realistically affect people in the same way Empathic abilities would.

Like I said, it's possible I'm getting caught up on the world Music here in which case my bad. But I'd rather clear up my misunderstanding here than have it carry over into the RP.

Do you mind me asking a couple of questions? Just as a way of advocating discussion?

You talk about her using the vibration music makes, couldn't she just as easily use the vibrations made from the sound of a clap? If she can't, why not? And how does one quantify music from just regular sounds? If she can and just happens to use music for the aesthetic purpose then we are talking about Sonokinesis. In which case I totally misunderstood your intent and have probably made myself look like a pretentious dick. My bad. My worry was never a source. One could incorporate headphones into a super suit. Or if they wanna go old school they could carry around a boombox. Maybe, if they are really desperate and lack any sense of shame, they could use their stomach like a bongo drum. Music is everywhere.

The problem came down to how does one scientifically separate music from noise. Music is an abstract. As an abstract it would affect things in an abstract manner. Music Manipulation would more realistically affect people in the same way Empathic abilities would.

Like I said, it's possible I'm getting caught up on the world Music here in which case my bad. But I'd rather clear up my misunderstanding here than have it carry over into the RP.
Oh know I think it was probably my mistake. I should have explain it more. Lyric will have Sound Manipulation but instead of using sound as her power she instead use the sub-power of Music Manipulation, which is why she uses her guitar and voice to make music, also her skills will cause different emotions in people. Like her hypnotic voice, which will cause obviously hypnosis and euphoria so she can use her vibrations and what not to knock her foes back or the other heroes can attack. I get where you're coming from, I was going to explain how her music would effect people in emotional way, but I guess you could call Sound/Music Vibration Manipulation would be her main power, since she will probably not always have to the time to play a powerful ballet to cause either pain or false comfort on a foe. I hope that helped enough for now... I'm not that good with explaining things until I actually have it down pact myself.

Reactions: Censored69
@Shattered♦Secrets™ That is what I needed to reconcile it in my head. Thanks for putting up with my badgering.
xD lol, no problem. I tend to have people ask me questions about my characters a lot of the time. I just tend to have a super creative writing process, in the end they usually come out just right for everyone to understand them xD, just like me.

I will be getting the OOC up while I'm at work.
Now.... Lets see...

@Spectre, Congratulations! XD *chucks handfuls of rice*

I can most definitely roleplay on your terms, so I'll go start writing up my character sheet. I also had a question a while back that you may not have seen: in this world, do organized teams of superhumans (a la Justice League) exist?

Perhaps we can save that discussion for the OOC thread, so no biggie if you'd rather not answer it here. Just thought I'd bring it back up as a refresher. Thanks! :)

I'd say yeah, probably. But not in this city. Maybe other neaby cities. I would say there aren't any big ones yet, like the x-men, justice league, or the avengers. But likely small groups of operators.

Okay. I want to bring this up. Character Death. It will be a very real and possible thing. I will be GMing, and will tell you now, even as 'heroes', this will not be a very forgiving combat 'system'. I will keep combat free form for you for the most part. Once some sort of fight comes along, I will give you some liberties to type what you want, and do what you will. As the GM, however, I will likely meta a little (like auto landing a hit here and there), but I don't intend this to be a regular thing. More of an "as X walks into the room, they are met with a pool cue to the back of the head" . If I do take momentary liberties with your character, it wont be anything major, and will likely just be setting a scene or something.

Mind you, I am not trying to kill you at all, and would prefer you stay alive... But my minions have brains, and wont wait around like in the movies, and stuff, before shooting, or punching you in the teeth if they can. Despite being superpowered, if your superpowers don't include superhuman reaction time, speed, or bulletproof skin- if guns are drawn, and you do not take ample cover, it is very likely you will be shot. If you are shot in the arm or leg, you can still bleed to death. If you are in a fist fight, you will get hit back. Keep this in mind for your posts.. :) I just wanted to make this very clear and set the tone early. It's not going to be all dynasty warriors up in here where your character takes out twenty or thirty people with ease (for the most part). Haha

would everyone be okay with my character starting off on the wrong side? (However not evil) she will be the reluctant force of the evil side. She only joined the antagonist because he promised her answers and security for her abilities which scare her, not the powers themselves but what could happen. She'll be like a nuisance/obstacle more than a threat, and when the rp starts she'll just be recruited by the antagonist. Her secrecy and the fact she has been really off the grid with using her powers make it seem like she's a new super but she's had them for a year. In the end she WILL join the good side, probably sooner than later. Just something to make the story more dynamic.

@ch0sen1 Its a great idea to have your character not start out on the "good" side. Specter had said earlier that he won't spend much time focusing on driving the bad guys' role, though, so you'd have to basically tell that side of the story by yourself (or maybe privately in a PM with Spectre?) Just a heads up!

Reactions: ch0sen1
@ch0sen1 Its a great idea to have your character not start out on the "good" side. Specter had said earlier that he won't spend much time focusing on driving the bad guys' role, though, so you'd have to basically tell that side of the story by yourself (or maybe privately in a PM with Spectre?) Just a heads up!
Yeah I know we discussed it already I had everything mapped out from the first time I posted lmbo thanks :]

I'm going to go ahead and post my CS now, I may have to leave in a couple of hours so just in case I'm away I'll post and then edit in the deets after GM has posted.

Appearance:
Mel.jpg

Name: Carmella Lane Cross aka "Mel" aka "Laney"

Alias: Rift

[outfit only; exclude physical characteristics]
RIFT.jpg

Race: Human, natural mutant.

Personality tendencies:
+ Loyal
+ Honest
+ Compassionate
+ Driven
+ Intelligent

- Stubborn
- Melodramatic
- Sensitive
- Devious
- Paranoid

Power/s:

Chronokinesis - The ability to manipulate and harness the fabric of time.
Teleportation - Imbursement of oneself to another location in space via rifting time.
Emulated Speed - Enhanced speed via the dilation of time.
Emulated Thinking - Faster processing via the dilation of time.

Skills: Carmella majors and will graduate with a degree in neuroscience, with a minor in psychology, and is extremely apt in the processes, synapses, and stimuli of the brain, having a very unique skillset in Neuro-Linguistic Programming, stressor stimulation, empathic behavior, and persuasion. Her hidden passion is singing, capable of emitting difficult tones and notes. She's also very tech savy, although not a hacker or a makeshift engineer she keeps up with the latest developments and know how. Through high school and even in college Carmella was a well known and respected volleyball player, playing Libero for [base city] University all four years. She has great hand eye, body, and mental coordination with keen reflexes and agility to match. Her dad Samson as a legal representative taught her law and discipline, knowing her way around the law and political matters a bit. Her mother Gardenia is a renown chef in New York, teaching Mel all about the spices and culinary effects and mixes of the world, so yes, she can cook.

Weapons: She knows how to defend herself, not really training in a fight style just naturally athletic but unkempt. No set weapon skills, but she can do okay with a pistol or any blunt weapon a woman would use to ward off danger. Nothing fancy. As far as non-material things, her NLP and mental knowledge is uncanny, sometimes getting people to do things out of character. This is NOT mind control, as this is a scientific and analytical based mannerism and not potent enough to control a person. Also, if looks could kill Shield would have had to place her in the world's deepest hole.

Weaknesses: Mel's ability can cause her to only be limited to an area or intensity based on her focus. She is also paranoid, despite her sweet and genuine nature she can be isolated and aloof to others. This makes her independent and sometimes self-centered, not seeing everyone else's perspective until after the fact. This sense ties into her stubbornness also, making her driven and extra willed to her perspective.

Goals: At first it was to get on the USA Women's Volleyball Olympic team, or to sing in Hollywood maybe get a record deal, but that was only the superficial goal, deep down she wanted to influences millions with whatever she did, to save them any way she could. With a song, or with a dream. Now, she doesn't want to show the world her face, because she feels it's the best way to save it. Her goal now is to find out what happened to her, and why.

Bio: Carmella was born in Kansas City, Missouri to her parents Mr and Mrs Samson and Gardenia Cross. She was raised rather spoiled, but never without a moral discipline to everything she had attained, learning the value of work and earning what you get. Thus naturally she was always innately bright, being a AB student all the way through college, her ever only making one C in her entire life (Quantum Science, ugh). Her father was always loving but stern on her with his law background and her wanting to make the best of her life, where her mother was more free-spirited and expressive as an culinary artist. It was her mother's launch in her chef career that made them move to New York when Carmella turned 16, where her mother's eatery Garden Eve has taken off and become a real popular eating establishment. Carmella attended - high school where she developed a fascination with the human mind, intrigued by the various psyche's and behavior from human experience. This prompted her to want to take up a major in neuroscience, psychology too until both majors proved too rigorous with her athletic schedule as well, reducing the psych major to a minor. She wasn't too popular in high school, but knew the right people. Her keen but quiet nature caused her to seem docile, but inside her spirit is full of will and ambition. She played volleyball at the school, becoming an all state Libero her final two years in high school. That plus her finishing in the top 5% of her enormous class grabbed her a scholarship to - University, where she's also played volleyball and became a known athletic and academic figure. At 21, she's now in her senior year finishing up school, working on her research project to graduate. She's an old soul with a very mature spirit, the type of girl that doesn't have a million friends only a few that are very close and loyal to her, and her to them. She often drops by her father's place of work or her mom's restaraunt to get away from campus life. She seldom parties or does anything too crazy but when she does she makes the best of it. And then there's that one time...

A year ago.

Night has fallen. Carmella had overslept for her last class of the day, and then some. She awakens to see that it's 11:04 PM that night, dreary, she thinks nothing of it and heads back to sleep. She blinks her eyes open to see that her phone alarm is going off, as the sun shines in through the windows. She checks her phone to see that it's 4:11 PM...but the date was not the next day. It was the same day, and she had slept for over 12 hours. Confused, she gets out of her bed to see that campus was still in fact vibrant with people heading to class. She grabs her backpack and heads off herself. And then it happened, things spiraled out of control. Her brain begins to pulsate in pounding pain as she crumples over. A few students rush to her aid, but bits and pieces of her memory and time goes in and out, as one second she's talking to them, the next she's in the back of an ambulance. Frightened, Carmella struggles to get free and jump through the back doors, as the paramedics attempt to restrain her. It was a situation out of control happening to a simple girl who'd never had any type of trouble ever. Scared, Carmella hold her head as her brain pulses one last time, and then the world is still. Everything is still. Shocked, she breaks open the doors as time resumes, however everything's much slower. She panics and runs away through the fray of micropaced pedestrians and irregular constraints of time, running into the city where she hides in an alley, heart racing and mind torn asunder where she crawls into a fetal stance and closes her eyes in mild trauma. She thinks of her dorm room, and how she's going to get there. She opens her eyes to see her room before her, death silent. She was back, and alone. The clock read 4:24 PM, her eyes were full of tears, barren of cognition. She never moved out of her fetal position. She just lay there on the bed, staring, thinking. It was enough to make anyone go mad, but she was the exception, she thought not of conventional thoughts, but ones of comprehension. She wanted to understand in her brain, as her major has trained her to do. She had heard about beings experiencing or having abnormal skills/occurrences before. Would they understand? Should she chase them? Would they find her? Would the police? She ran from a scene....scared and possibly threatened people's lives. What was this she had? These.....Rifts? She finally mustered enough will to check her clock, the time was 11:04 PM.

Hope it's adequate enough (at least for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.