'Super' 'Heroes'

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're looking for evil organizations, I personally would nominate M.A.X. CORP, since they have a large military funding (which the big bag could be part of).

Also, @Spectre I saw that concept while looking for images. I might use it as a later suit (perhaps a winter themed outfit), but I think I'll stick with one of the two I posted

Nice to see we're coming along well. Was my character okay? I'm willing to change things, if necessary.

Sorry, I just like to have simple feedback. Haha

Just a heads up- i'm all for mimicing supes for the most part. But I do want you to focus on a specific area- like maybe strength and durability. IT seems you are, but be careful. You can have the other enhancements as described, but i don't want the super speed, and all that to get out of hand. Not that i'm saying it will!! But be mindful :)
Oh have no doubt, the focus of her abilities will be strength and durability.. I mean in regards to the powers she has now. The speed and healing things.. those are really really low on the list. She's going to be called Mega Girl, not Speed Girl hehehe

Yes and no. I'd say mentioning specific Marvel/DC superheroes would be a little taboo here. But other things like the supergirl's love of anime and manga, and other people's love of movies are fine. But if there's too much superhero fiction inception, could be a little weird?
Gotcha! I figured we would go that route, that's why I was kind of vague in my CS. I had specific things in mind, but I didn't want to say anything until I got confirmation.

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
And regular clothes are fine. Or whatever kind of super suit you can think of. I'm just trying to stray a little from the spandex type stuff- but if you feel so inclined that's totally fine.
So, uh, what if said character wears spandex type stuff for a reason? Like say to create an impression on the people? Or because he's a vain shit head?

Eh, I'll put some more thought into his costume work anyhow. I'm definitely thinking saline injectors attached to a chilled canister on his back though, to keep his core temp low.

Team's Mentor fleshed out:
He's 55 now, graying hair, slumped walk, and angry, bagged eyes. In his prime, he was a vigilante. He and his partner worked hard to keep the streets safe from other people like him, and rampant crime. He had the power of flight, enhances strength, and forcefields. He was the city's Shield. His partner had the power of Super Speed, and together they put many criminals behind bars, or specially contained force-style prisons for the super-powered. This went on for a majority of 25 years.

One day, his nemesis [INSERT NAME HERE] set up a trap for them. His partner was killed, and his own powers were drained- only after hours of torture. This was irreparable damage done to his spinal column, as well. He was left without the use of his powers at large [slowly regenerating over time], and without the use of the left side of his body.

Feeling worn down, and defeated, he resigned. He caught word of others trying to fill his gap, but the obituaries started stacking up. He found some courage, and pulled himself from his slump- researching some up and coming candidates who have been sighted [or not- the guy's got killer connections] doing acts of kindness, or strange things having happened... He knew better- and would contact them, try to take them under his wing and teach them the 'ins and outs' of the business... Better yet- the emerging threat of his old nemesis- who after aging is taking a backseat and administrative role to his crime empire. This includes the newly formed private military and R&D company called '[INPUT SOMETHING HERE]' that he runs operations both foreign and domestic.
Nemesis name ideas!

Panzer!

Er....That's actually all I got.

@Spectre, Things are coming along! Are you sticking with the idea that Shield's nemesis had the ability to steal powers? Or is he going to be a "genius billionaire playboy philanthropist" human, a la Tony Stark? If he steals powers (and I'm assuming for now that he's a he), maybe he could be called The Midnighter or Owl ([insert color] Owl?) or another name somewhat related to theft and stealing? Or maybe his name is less obvious and more obscure like W or 12 (a story would have to accompany this sort of name, but it could also be a fun subplot/mystery for our characters to sort out). Or we could think of something that describes the nemesis' goals/motives? Custodian or Steward are kind of ironic...

Alias names are not my strong suit, guys. Sorry. :/

Also, were there any personal issues between Shield and his nemesis? Apart from the torture and murdered partner ordeal (and the fact that they stand for opposite things), was there anything the nemesis did to personally affront Shield? Not that superhuman genocide isn't a big enough issue! That in itself is a worthy cause to fight back. Just curious if there's another motive for getting this guy.

On an unrelated note, in this world, are there organized superhero teams like the Justice League that work in concert with the government/law enforcement? Or is this a world of villains and vigilantes, where all super-powered people generally keep their abilities secret? Sorry for all the questions! Just want to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone.

So, uh, what if said character wears spandex type stuff for a reason? Like say to create an impression on the people? Or because he's a vain shit head?

Eh, I'll put some more thought into his costume work anyhow. I'm definitely thinking saline injectors attached to a chilled canister on his back though, to keep his core temp low.
Good point. I mean, what if the uniform was like this?
8780f00007c4517b6aef83ea542c7c14.jpg

...I think they're cool... :P

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
Umm this sounds pretty cool. Been looking for a superhero rp for a while now. My char she will have Music Manipulation which I think is such a cool and unique power to have^^. Do we put are chars here, or wait for oc thread?

guy-suit.jpg

Standing at about 5'8" and weighing in at 163 lbs Lucas is a conventionally attractive male whose features are all fairly nondescript. Brown eyes, brown fashionably unkempt hair and a square jaw are the most prominent traits above the neckline. His body is kept thin and toned, a well maintained six pack hidden beneath his clothes. During work hours suits are mandatory at the firm and not being one to settle for second best Aldain keeps a closet stocked with ones tailored to his body shape. During his off hours (when he's not heroing around) Aldain always makes sure to keep up with the latest fashion trends.

Name:
Lucas Aldain

Alias:
Absolute Zero

Race:
Human

Personality tendencies:
Naive and idealistic, Lucas tends to have a very Black and White moral scale. The sick part of this is that this morality isn't based on altruistic desires (though he doesn't have the self awareness to realize this) but rather a fear of being perceived in a manner that is not beneficial to him. He has a tendency to unintentionally manipulate people and is especially good with crowds.

Powers:
Cyrokinesis
Unaffected by even extreme colds

Skills:
Lucas majored in marketing and minored in psychology during college. He's very talented at saying the right thing at the right time.
He worked in his father's garage during high school and knows his way around cars better than your average person.
Due to constantly keeping up with the latest trends Lucas adapts to new technologies quickly.
His vanity has forced him to keep in shape, resulting in him being slightly above average in his physical ability.
Despite claiming he dislikes the game and only plays with clients Lucas is an exceptionally good pool player.

Weapons:
Does his beautiful face count as a weapon?

Weaknesses:
Lucas' Cyrokinesis only functions when his core body temperature is below 90°F. His resting body temperature is a low 96.2°F

Goals:
Lucas desires, more than anything, to have his action figure be the #1 bestselling action figure in America.

Bio:

((I'll get around to this. Just wanted in on the trend.))

Best selling action figure?

If this character doesn't become this RP's version of Ozymandaius from Watchmen, then I don't know what's what.

Good point. I mean, what if the uniform was like this?
8780f00007c4517b6aef83ea542c7c14.jpg

...I think they're cool... :P
Those are cool......

But isn't that the Nike Hyperwarm thing? The underarmour like stuff that's designed to keep you warm? The pattern on the spine looks familiar. Anyways, unfortunately it would be counter productive for Absolute Zero. D=

Best selling action figure?

If this character doesn't become this RP's version of Ozymandaius from Watchmen, then I don't know what's what.
Oh man. How did I not make this connection?

@kimsim12 and @Shattered♦Secrets™, Hi! We've been bouncing ideas around to help each other develop our characters. I'm not sure how large of a group @Spectre wants, but I'm sure you guys can at least hop in on the discussion for now. So far there isn't a set time when the roleplay will go up. We have a few more details to iron out first. :)

@Censored69, That's exactly what they are! I didn't intend to suggest the specific brand and fabrication of these shirts for your hero. You're absolutely right. Absolute Zero couldn't do squat in clothes that kept his body temperature up! But the look of these clothes is still pretty cool. They're garish (in a good way) and showy and flattering - something I can imagine a superhuman who cares about his image might wear. I'm sure you've got something up your sleeve, but I thought I'd share the images anyway.

@Censored69, That's exactly what they are! I didn't intend to suggest the specific brand and fabrication of these shirts for your hero. You're absolutely right. Absolute Zero couldn't do squat in clothes that kept his body temperature up! But the look of these clothes is still pretty cool. They're garish (in a good way) and showy and flattering - something I can imagine a superhuman who cares about his image might wear. I'm sure you've got something up your sleeve, but I thought I'd share the images anyway.
I actually haven't the slightest. You could probably build a liquid cooling system into a neoprene bodysuit. That'd be kinda cool.

The design for the hyperwarm are really cool. We should get Nike to sponsor our super team.

I know Columbia makes clothes that keep you cool. I think their fibers are flat or something that allow better heat suspension or something. Can't remember... I'll post more later. :)

Added a couple examples of Aiden's physical stunts and gymnastic techniques. If nothing else, it's something to do.

For the costumes/uniforms, I was thinking each of them would have their own personal sense of style that doesn't necessarily fit the whole "yellow tights" bill. Of course, that would require creative thinking on everyone's part and possibly a thorough google search if they want something specific. I'm just personally less inclined towards a whole "X-men" type of thing with everyone having something very similar if not exactly the same. Maybe they all have some sort of non-loose jewelry that still identifies them as part of this team?

Guys. Oh my God. I've read all the posts up until this point and this has single handedly restored my faith in Group rp'ing. I've had a few hero rp's too that were REALLY big on here but like all great stories the cast walks away over unknown reasons lol.

But no seriously if I'm not too late and there's room I would love to join, @mr_pibbs has rp'd with me before and knows I am a sucker for these types of Rp's, or you could look at my resume if you'd like. I always think in tandem with the rp mechanics (which btw I'm in love with the fact that you guys actually discuss the universe like a creative fan is supposed to, I've literally only seen that two other times.) and have based my character off of some of the ideas a few people have talked about in the thread. She would be a very scared-of-her-power chronokinetic that has very recently gotten her abilities and after an incident she decides to attempt to hide, maybe drawing the attention of Shield after him seeing what appears to be her having super speed like his old partner, when really she's running at regular pace with her time dilation activated. Possibly spark an interest in evil Stark wanting to pawn her as his bodyguard/dirty handler in things he know he can't do publically. Promise her shelter, security, money, etc. Of course she'd eventually be good (she always was just scared).

Just an idea IF the GM is taking anymore, if not I understand, but I'm really interested and a fan of this :)

Hi @ch0sen1! Good to see you in a group RP again ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
No worries, gotta do what you gotta do right?

Reactions: ch0sen1
Status
Not open for further replies.