'Super' 'Heroes'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was Lykaon, Kupo. Actually used the same first name from my character on your rp for this one. Haha

Oh, and I'm sorry about that, by the way.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I was Lykaon. Actually used the same first name from my character on your rp for this one. Haha

Holy crap dude I think we were involved with a group RP way back when as well!

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
I was Lykaon, Kupo. Actually used the same first name from my character on your rp for this one. Haha

LY!! *tackles* forgive my enthusiasm, it's been too long since I got to stretch me creative sea pegs.

And yeah...no worries though! New day.

@mr_pibbs yupp lol #hiperalum

• Thank You
Haha no way! It's a small site. It's great to see both of you again.

*Falls over* No worries, I respect and appreciate the enthusiasm. Also, yeah, I'm really trying to get back into the old swing of things. This one looks like a great start. ^_^

I hope the GM will have me!
Haha no way! It's a small site. It's great to see both of you again.

*Falls over* No worries, I respect and appreciate the enthusiasm. Also, yeah, I'm really trying to get back into the old swing of things. This one looks like a great start. ^_^

I hope the GM will have me!
Hey Chosen^^. Sorry your rps didn't go far. I was routing for Hiper but than everyone kept leaving.... but hey we are going to be in another hero rp together.

Face Claim for my music manipulation superhero. Ariana Grande

ariana-grande.png

Ariana-Grandes-Best-Hairstyles-7.jpg

Reactions: ch0sen1
For the costumes/uniforms, I was thinking each of them would have their own personal sense of style that doesn't necessarily fit the whole "yellow tights" bill. Of course, that would require creative thinking on everyone's part and possibly a thorough google search if they want something specific. I'm just personally less inclined towards a whole "X-men" type of thing with everyone having something very similar if not exactly the same. Maybe they all have some sort of non-loose jewelry that still identifies them as part of this team?
Seconded! I don't believe Spectre ever intended for the whole team to have similar uniforms, or to even wear anything that would identify them as part of the same group. I agree with you regardless. While the X-men suits are adorable, they're a bit too kitsch for the vibe I've been getting from what's been discussed so far. :)

Guys. Oh my God. I've read all the posts up until this point and this has single handedly restored my faith in Group rp'ing. I've had a few hero rp's too that were REALLY big on here but like all great stories the cast walks away over unknown reasons lol.

But no seriously if I'm not too late and there's room I would love to join, @mr_pibbs has rp'd with me before and knows I am a sucker for these types of Rp's, or you could look at my resume if you'd like. I always think in tandem with the rp mechanics (which btw I'm in love with the fact that you guys actually discuss the universe like a creative fan is supposed to, I've literally only seen that two other times.) and have based my character off of some of the ideas a few people have talked about in the thread. She would be a very scared-of-her-power chronokinetic that has very recently gotten her abilities and after an incident she decides to attempt to hide, maybe drawing the attention of Shield after him seeing what appears to be her having super speed like his old partner, when really she's running at regular pace with her time dilation activated. Possibly spark an interest in evil Stark wanting to pawn her as his bodyguard/dirty handler in things he know he can't do publically. Promise her shelter, security, money, etc. Of course she'd eventually be good (she always was just scared).

Just an idea IF the GM is taking anymore, if not I understand, but I'm really interested and a fan of this :)
Your character sounds great, too, by the way. We've got classic heroes, reluctant heroes, uncertain heroes, and now you've added an apprehensive hero. It sounds like a wonderful addition to what's been discussed so far, and it's equally great because your character's naivete may also be the undoing of the team. In fact, is sounds like almost everyone's character has the potential to run everything into the ground. So it sounds like conflict potential is high!

Of course, this isn't my roleplay, but welcome to the discussion. :)

Oh yeah since everyone is talking about chars and development lol. My char (Lyric) who's superhero name is going to be Miss Musical, she is going to be a Chaotic Good character, not really doing what's best for the team, but more like doing what's best for herself. Lyric is going to have a tough time working with others, since all her life she has been pampered and spoiled to no end, she might not be able to let other's shine.... wanting to have all the glory for herself. She's going to be the big brat on the team xD

Hey Chosen^^. Sorry your rps didn't go far. I was routing for Hiper but than everyone kept leaving.... but hey we are going to be in another hero rp together.

Face Claim for my music manipulation superhero. Ariana Grande

ariana-grande.png

Ariana-Grandes-Best-Hairstyles-7.jpg
You're in this too? Lol <3

I hope I can get in so I can yell your name again haha #SHATTTTERRRRREDDDDD

Seconded! I don't believe Spectre ever intended for the whole team to have similar uniforms, or to even wear anything that would identify them as part of the same group. I agree with you regardless. While the X-men suits are adorable, they're a bit too kitsch for the vibe I've been getting from what's been discussed so far. :)

Your character sounds great, too, by the way. We've got classic heroes, reluctant heroes, uncertain heroes, and now you've added an apprehensive hero. It sounds like a wonderful addition to what's been discussed so far, and it's equally great because your character's naivete may also be the undoing of the team. In fact, is sounds like almost everyone's character has the potential to run everything into the ground. So it sounds like conflict potential is high!

Of course, this isn't my roleplay, but welcome to the discussion. :)
Thanks, even if I don't get in I'd be happy to read the rp and see the outcome :]

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Thanks, even if I don't get in I'd be happy to read the rp and see the outcome :]
You bring up a good point here. Before we all jump the gun and assume we're guaranteed spots in this roleplay, I suppose we should see what Spectre is looking for first, huh? So, officially:

@Spectre, will you be accepting characters on a first come, first serve basis? Or should we expect to apply for a set number of spots?

In the meantime, I'm down to continue discussing details!

• Useful
I'll help with the particulars however i can.. but im still figuring out my own character lol!

This game seems really, really interesting. If it's not already full, I'd like to voice my tentative interest.

The character I have in mind would have the ablity to charge the kinetic energy in inanimate objects (think Gambit and his exploding playing cards), causing said objects to explode on impact or after a controlled amount of time. I thought it would be an interesting touch for her to have one or both of her legs be cybernetic due to accidentally blowing it/them off when she exploded something while she was trying to gain a better understanding of her powers.

However, I need to know some other things. I read through the posts, and the world sounds pretty awesome as well as the plotting ideas. I may have missed it somewhere, but I just want to know some of the logistic stuff for the game that don't have to do with plot. What is the writing level meant to be? What's the preferred posting frequency? Would it be prefered that we each make multiple posts a week, one post a week, less, or more?

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have to go ahead and do an intro post preemptively. I'm excited about this rp, especially since I've been putting so much thought into this character and his potential story.

Very curious about how their relationships are going to be...haha

Edit: It'd also be wise for me to ask a couple questions. Firstly, will we be starting after they've gotten to know each other, or when they only just become a team?

Last edited by a moderator:
All right hold on all :). Had my wedding reception last night other wise I would have addressed these quickly.

Characters will mostly know each other I'd say. They've all been working together for a few weeks at the very least.

I'm going to say no more admissions after today.

I prefer at least a post a week, and anywhere between intermediate to advanced. A few paragraphs at least kinda deal.

I'll get an OOC up soon with a detailed Character Sheet. I can repost the character sheets that have already been posted, and lay out some concrete world details.

More to come.

• Thank You
Reactions: 4 people
All right hold on all :). Had my wedding reception last night other wise I would have addressed these quickly.

Characters will mostly know each other I'd say. They've all been working together for a few weeks at the very least.

I prefer at least a post a week, and anywhere between intermediate to advanced. A few paragraphs at least kinda deal.

I'll get an OOC up soon with a detailed Character Sheet. I can repost the character sheets that have already been posted, and lay out some concrete world details.

More to come.
Cool, can't wait to post my final product of my bratty girl superhero xD

More to come.
Congrats! Thanks for accepting me btw I'm excited.

I'm very excited to get see this get going!!
Me and another character already decided they knew one another... but if the group has been together for a bit, I need to rethink things.

You could say those two already knew each other before the hero thing started? That way the connection is still there and it can emphasize the preexisting relationship?

You could say those two already knew each other before the hero thing started? That way the connection is still there and it can emphasize the preexisting relationship?

I think that what @Camleen was referencing. Makes sense if costumed's that have known each other for a while would know their real identities, especially if it was before the powers showed up ala Chronicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.