Strange Occurrence in Celestial Kingdom

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
When he heard her step closer to the doors, he pondered slipping up onto the roof and leaving her in wonder if he would still come tonight or not. Resting his back against the stone, his gloved fingertips ready his body to fly off of the ledge and onto the roof below if he hears the wrong voice. Turning his gaze, he greets those blue orbs and pushes himself off in order to slip into the candle lit room. "I see this place doesn't change." Comes his dark remark, the same persona he had last night on. For he is no longer Quinn Weaver but the Shadoweaver. With blood dried on his blades and the mask wrapped tightly around his face, hood drawn up. "You were expecting me?" Is his next question, a hint of shock in his voice.

"I wasn't planning on coming back but this time I won't be staying for a cup of tea and a conversation. I'll be brief." His old self creeps back in, his fingers twitching as he wants to just wrap his hands around her neck and squeeze. Nothing is more thrilling than seeing the light fade form someones eyes. They're helpless and you're the only one who has control over if they make it to love and live another day or if they'll be buried six feet under come a few days. It's all about influence and power over others. The Shadoweaver might give Celestial Kingdom a run for it's money one of these days, having the thrill of actually killing a servant or perhaps a Lord who will be staying in the castle. They're bound to be a few staying here... perhaps tonight?

Coming back to reality, not meddling with his thoughts, he is quick to speak over whatever she might be talking about. He is hardly listening anyway. "Before I left, I told your brother that you and Quinn met in town. He is a shop keeper - now what should he sell? Do you plan on ever seeing this Quinn fellow again? These are questions you better start asking yourself, Princess." His silvery voice comes back, biting as hard as ever when he states her rank. "I think it's best to have him never appear again. Facade's are easy to accomplish with the right accents. Gestures... motions. It's all acting. So on his way back, he was ambushed by no other than the Shadoweaver, his throat slit right open in the back of his very own shop. Done." He turns his back and moves right from the room, climbing up on the ledge and crouching down, knowing she will have more questions and somehow want him to stay.

As she was about to say something, the Shadoweaver had already began talking about his story for Quinn, but there was something he had messed up on. Shaking her head, her lips curled into a smile as she walked over to the ledge he was about to leave from to go about what he needed to do. "But doesn't the Shadoweaver always leave a body with his symbol on it, so how could anyone know if that person is the 'Quinn' I was talking about earlier?" She knew this was a very good question, plus she wanted to see if he would come up with some idea. It would be hard to kill someone without a face and one that only she knew, so she would have to identify it. "My brother may ask questions, but it doesn't me I have to answer them, I've gone years without telling him answers to questions he's asked in the past." Figuring that he would like to go as soon as possible, Lily blew him a kiss before waving bye to him as she walked back into her bedroom.

It was the Shadoweaver's choice whether he came back or not, but if he did, he'd have to wake her from her sleep. Uncovering the top of her bed, she slipped herself under the covers to get some sleep from all the excitement of the party that night. It was fun messing with Thomas, seeing how the Shadoweaver would do at the party for royals and the kiss was the most unexpected thing of them all. Lily had never expected him to kiss her at all, especially after he said he'd never kiss her because her being a royal. He had hated people like her, no feelings at all for her and she still expected that from him.

That is a good question. A very good question. He thinks internally, chewing on his lip underneath his mask. Keeping his gaze on the view, he doesn't even look over his shoulder at her. "Do you doubt my knowledge? I am a professional, princess. Of course they're going to want a body and, of course, I will give them one. Perhaps Mr. Quinn Weaver put up a little too much of a fight and got himself a nice and bloody murder. You have to admire the man's skills when dealing with that Thomas fellow, the way he dodged. Hell, he might be the only man in this damn Kingdom to actually put up a fair fight." Turning around as he speaks, The Shadoweaver is sure to keep his voice low as to not have it echo across the courtyard. Slipping off of the ledge, he finds himself being pulled by an invisible rope to her room once again.

Standing in her doorway once more, the waning moon starts to illuminate his outline. "Then I have wasted my damn time coming here. If you weren't going to tell your brother anyway." Not even thinking about it, he moves over to her bed and takes the usual chair out from underneath the desk and places all fours down at the same time. Sitting, he faces her, still on the balls of his feet, ready and open for any sounds that may come knocking at the door. "He may have had amber eyes but... with enough incentive. Perhaps I'll just push," he jabs his pointer fingers into the air, "and pop." his hands fly back towards him. "No eyes. That simple. You would really have to put up one damn fight. You scum are all alike. Weak and helpless." Knowing perhaps one day he will travel to see another Kingdom. A place where the competition is actually a challenge. "You should really tell your father to train better soldiers. Getting into your room is almost becoming habitual."

Lily had always had this question in mind, whenever he spoke about her father or anything to do with royals, it was all out of hatred and yet he keeps speaking to her. A princess of a man he is trying to kill or at least frighten. Sitting up in her bed to look at him, she sighed after he was done, before turning her gaze to the doors of her balcony. "If you don't like it, then stop coming. No one is forcing you to come here, plus you hate my kind. If you don't plan to come here any more then just tell me, why you have such hatred for us anyway? If not then, I guess you can leave." She said to him as she looked back at him, not expecting him to answer her at all.

Though he may have captured her interest, it may only be for the time being. She didn't like what he did at all, killing and violence was something she was completely against. In her opinion, he killed for enjoyment and that was something she couldn't accept no matter what. Sighing out loud, she laid back down waiting for him to leave or explain his reasoning.

Seeing her sit up, his body tenses, having to do everything in his power -not- to strike her. Why does he resist? Wouldn't it just be easier for him to spill her blood and leave this place behind? Move to a different Kingdom where a challenge will be set and a bar will be raised? Actually smiling under his mask, he gets up from his chair, not caring if it's left there or if it falls to the ground in a clatter. Knowing him though, he won't allow such disturbances echo through the quiet room. The candlelight flickers against the black of his clothing, catching the eye of hoops and buckles wrapped around him along with the teeth of daggers around his waist and the hefty stash of bombs. What is he thinking? Coming here has been the biggest mistake he has ever made. Something inside of him after the dance pushed him here. He is not sure what though. Turning in the direction of the balcony, he wishes he had just left beforehand.

It's time for another killing spree for her questions have angered him. The temperate body of his growing more and more as he sat and heard her words in his ears. "A lesson." Is the only thing he calls over his shoulder, giving his explanation before actually leaving this time. Not turning back, he knows that he is growing softer in the chest, his head not as clear as he thought it would be. She has that effect on him for she is quite beautiful and the fact that she smells of rare flowers and perfumes just drives him up a wall. Blinking, he slits the throat of the nearest guard, wrapping a handy ribbon around his wrist before lobbing him over the wall. "You never want me to return. Fine. I won't. Let's see how long -you'll- last. Soon you'll be looking out your window and keeping your window open in the hopes that I return." He states, looking back over the castle before making his descent down to the town below. Reaping more havoc than he ever has before.

Seeing him leave from her room and over the castle wall, Lily may have been interested in him before, but once an interest was out of her sight it was easy for her to get over it. Sleeping peacefully the whole night, she woke up at least an hour before her head maid would come to her room to tell her breakfast was ready. Getting up from the bed, she slipped on her robe to leave her room to go down the dining room, where she knew her father and brother would be since they were always up before she was. Stepping inside of the dining room, Lily took a seat next to her brother, who brought his attention towards her as if ready to ask multiple questions. Already knowing, she smirked as she answered just a few that was on his mind. "His name is Quinn Weaver, I met him in town that day we were out at his shop. He was nice and I thought I'd invite him, because he was interesting. I didn't expect him to have feelings for me, but you don't have to worry, we won't be seeing each other again." There was no surprised look on Rondell's face because he expected this from her, so he refrained from asking anymore questions, knowing that all she said was all he was gonna get from her.

After breakfast, Lily changed out of her night clothes into a day dress with a book in hand as she walked into the garden, to sit in her favorite spot. When she arrived, it did remind her of the night before yet she wasn't going to let that stop her from forgetting about the Shadoweaver. Taking a seat, she opened up her book to the last chapter, she ended at the last time she read it. While Lily and Rondell were doing their own things, their father was coming up with a plan to bring talented knights from a neighboring kingdom to help with the Shadoweaver issue.

Not even looking back, The Shadoweaver huffs at how -stupid- he feels Lily is. Allowing him to be that close. Oh he could have ended her life right there but he can't help but wonder why he doesn't just kill her. Sure it would cause some commotion but he can easily slip out of the castle, as he has done the past two nights. He changes his path every single night, being sure that they don't find a distinct pattern to his movements. Sometimes he even went out of his way just to kill a few more guards, wanting his blades to be nice and bloody. That night was one of those nights where he nearly killed every single knight he could find guarding the streets of Celestial Kingdom. Stopping at the bridge by the river, he slips down into the clean water supply grate, easily pulling it open. The water sloshes around his feet but he keeps going. Twisting and turning through the underground caverns, he easily finds himself the right exit.

Hoisting himself up, he ends up in a small room built into the stone. It was for some cargo or something during construction, The Shadoweaver didn't know nor didn't care. All he wanted was for his men to arrive. Once they slip in, one by one, he gives them fair warning of his plan. He wishes to spill some royal blood this time, going after a distant cousin or lord staying in the castle. Going to that party was not only to amuse Lily but it was a battle plan for he met people. Talked to people. Got information and was able to see the interior of the castle all in one sitting. How lucky! "We need to strike soon. Very soon. After that, we will lay low for a while. We won't stop. We'll never stop. Just... tightening the rope and then letting them a moments breath before binding it once more. Hearing Lily's words in his head, he knows that he will make her pay for her words. He has a hate and he will carve it right into that royal members chest. A lesson.

Departing from the group, The Shadoweaver slips into his home and doesn't even bother to change. He literally just passes out in his bed, waiting for the morning sun to rise and greet him. When it does, he will go about his business, watching and waiting for contacts to spill their souls to him. Needing this man killed or that woman murdered. As long as there is gold involved, he is in. Through Leo these men and women will achieve their thrill.

The King had been speaking to his close friend in the neighboring Kingdom of Wolves. The Wolf family had always been close to those of the Celestial family since the beginning of both Kingdoms. Their knights were specially trained for any kind of threat that would come to those of the royal family and those in the village, surrounding the kingdom constantly to protect it from any kind of harm to those in it. Receiving a letter from his friend, he had agreed to send his best knights to them that night to protect his family from the threats of the Shadoweaver. Glad to hear this response, her father awaits the arrival of the knights that were being sent that very same day.

It had already been several hours before Lily closed up her book. The story was that of love and adventure, something Lily wished happened sometimes because of her boring life inside the castle wasn't appealing at all to her. Getting up from the bench, she greeted a few of the guards around the castle as she made her way into the castle to grab a bite to eat. Just as she was about to enter the kitchen, he father came rushing in and grabbed her by the arm with a grin on his face, slightly scary her a bit because she had never scene him smile like this before. "Did something good happen, father?" She asked as she pried his hand off her arm. "My daughter, King Wolf has agreed to send some of his best knights to us today, they should arrive before night falls." Laughing at why her father was happy, she expressed to him that she was happy as well before excusing herself to find something to eat.

The Shadoweaver, thinking the King has already made plans to send more knights their way, postpones his plan for he does have loyal members working from inside the castle. His only rule is not to touch the royal family unless it's under his command or your life is in serious danger. One of the serving boys, Julio, comes from the kitchen, stopping to how with a platter of delicate snacks to the two royals. He, being one of the Shadoweavers' men, smiles politely and adds quickly. "May I tend to any of your wishes, your majesty? M'lady?" Holding out the tray, it's filled with a pastry stuffed with fruit and sugar sprinkled on top. Bowing his head once they either take one or refuse his offer, he moves off. Overhearing the good news, the King practically shouting it, he sends word to the Shadoweaver, making sure he is aware. They plan to ambush these knights before they even get to the city walls. Cripple them upon arrival. Soon nightfall hits the Kingdom, The Shadoweavers' men and him all hidden away in the trees waiting and waiting for this magical reinforcement band to finally arrive.

Tarin, a knight in this squad, is barely over twenty-two. Broad shouldered, his bronze hair flows down to his shoulders in a shiny daze of locks. Many find him quite the idol, his men following swiftly behind his head. Being the Captain of such an excellent force of men, he cannot wait to present his work to the King of the Celestial Kingdom. Many have heard of this Shadoweaver problem and Tarin is sure that he will be the one to flush him out. He, as a boy, was like the Shadoweaver, stealing any scrap he could find but never killing. That he learned to do in the academy. For he, being Ser Tarin, could think of no better life than to grow up and receive a great fortune from his father. In his younger years he was very hot headed, letting the power he has with a sword freely flaunt itself. Now he has learned to be what a knight should always be, bold yet rough around the edges. Polite and gentle yet deadly. As he nears the walls, he hears movement from the trees.

Before he can even open his mouth for a command, a bombardment of crafted bombs are dropped from the trees, causing the knights and their horses to scatter. "Ambush!" He shouts along with plenty of his fellow knights, all of their brothers trying to save one another from an untimely death. Quickly looking up, Tarin sees the black cloaked men slide from the branches of the trees. Drawing his sword already, the one handed blade easily slices through body after body. Dismounting due to his horse being ill cooperative, he starts the combat on foot. Hacking away anything that he can barely make out the outline of. It's true that they're hard to see but soon his knights learn to adapt to their environment. Heading to the wall, he shouts for the gates to be closed, the torchlight should be enough for them to have an advantage over these masked bandits. No, they're more than just regular bandits.

The fighting draws on and on, Tarin promptly scaring the men off. He has, however met his match with one man's blade. The Shadoweaver. In the dead of night, he does not know of this fact but he is sure that he sliced some part of him. An arm or even a leg? The stealthy bastards retreat back into the woods, knowing when they've lost. Tarin just has too many men! The Shadoweaver, clutching his bicep, knows that next time he wont be taken advantage of.

Lily and her father talked for a while until it was close for them to eat dinner. As they were about to head off to the dining room, her father was brought to the side explaining that there was an attack against the knights, just before arriving to the castle. He told Lily to go on ahead of him as he made his way to the entrance to greet and make preparations for those who were injured. Watching her father leave, she went into the kitchen of the castle looking for the young boy from earlier. Upon finding them, she asked him to go buy about three dozen pastries from the bakery and bring to the orphanage tomorrow. When he agreed, she had placed in his hands two bags of gold. One for the pastries and the other as payment for doing this for her, over 200 gold coins was inside the bag for him. Thanking him quickly, she left the kitchen and took a seat in front of her brother as the chef was plating their food. "Did you hear about the knights coming tonight?" She asked Rondell. He nodded and replied. "I heard they were the finest in the Kingdom of Wolves. I'm sure we'll met them tonight."

Agreeing the two ate their dinner as they talked about several things they were doing at the moment, while they stuck inside the castle still. Finishing up, they were asked by one of the members to come down to the entrance of the castle. Walking down, Lily wondered what the knights were like and how skillful they were, but she probably wouldn't be able to see that for a while. Coming through the stables, where the horses were, they saw their father speaking to a tall male who seemed to be quite attractive even to Lily, who didn't have a lot of interest in men. Seeing them, the King brought his two children to either side of him and introduced them. "Sir Tarin, these are my children. My son, Rondell and my beautiful daughter, Lily. Children, this is Sir Tarin." Rondell bowed to the male, while Lily stood there and spoke. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir Tarin." Lily's eyes examined him thoroughly, finding that he was beyond what she expected from the Kingdom of Wolves.

The colors of the Kingdom of Wolves being brown and yellow, the proud Tarin has a fur lined cloak snaked underneath his shoulderpads. What's unique about his garb compared to the other men is that his chest piece has a wolf engraved into the metal and his shoulder pads are two wolf heads made of the finest materials. He is, indeed, the best man his King has. Looking down at Lily with brown eyes, Sir Tarin dismounts accordingly, his plaudrens, greaves... well it seems that every single inch of him is covered with some sort of smatter. Either being blood or dirt. Truly, they had been in a fight. Seeing Julio dart quickly away through the mass of his groaning men, Tarin thinks nothing of it. He just sees a boy, not just a boy, but a servant doing his job. Little does he know, that sack of gold will come in handy for the Shadoweaver and his men for they could buy plenty of supplies to upgrade their own arsenal. Julio is sure to tell the Shadoweaver everything, looking up to the shadowed man even though he doesn't even know what he looks like.

Bowing low to the ground, Tarin wobbles a bit on his feet, his own wound showing neatly through a gash where the steel does not cover him completely. The chainmail being faulty to begin with, broke upon contact, letting the blade sink into his skin. Luckily for Tarin, the blade is clean and not soaked in poison. Soon, it might be though. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Prince Rondell and Princess Lily." Turning those light brown hues to her, they might even shine amber considering the right torchlight. Now, however, they're simply brown. Bowing low, he holds his side with one hand and looks to the King. "My men need medical attention," his own wounds far form his own mind, talking through the pain, he continues with so much as a seeping gasp of breath, "and if you wouldn't mind feeding them as well? We have been on the road since noon. I would appreciate it, my majesty." Bending down, he takes her father's hand hand kisses the jewels that are there, showing his dedication and respect. "As of right now, I have to assist my men, excuse me." With a simple nod of his head, he is staggering off to help lead the wounded to the correct wings. He is bound to join them for dinner after he cleans up.

Lily listen to Tarin asking for his men to be healed and be given food since they had been traveling for a while now. It was obvious to her that he injured, from the way he staggering as he walked to help his men. The maids of the castle brought all those who where harmed to the infirmary to get healed by their best doctors. As the two men of her family spoke to each other, she walked up behind Tarin and stopped him from moving any further. "Even if you are a captain, I understand that you want your men to be taken care and they will now that they are here, but you need to take care of yourself." Leading him over to the infirmary, she forced him to sit on one of the bed to remove the armor around the wound and began to disinfect it, before wrapping the wound with bandages.

As Lily was finishing up with the bandages, more maids arrived in the infirmary to bring those who were injured food from the kitchen. Getting up from the floor, Lily spoke to her head maid asking that all their horses be taken to the stables to be healed if hurt, groomed and feed. Grabbing the tray of food from the maid, she placed it upon Tarin's lap for him to eat. "I will leave you all to eat and please rest peacefully. We are all thankful to have you here." The way she spoke was that of care, though she was a princess, she still helped those in need but her elegant appearance never wavered. Letting herself out of the infirmary, Lily went back out to the stable to help with the horses. Being around the horses was always enjoyable to her, they were beautiful creatures especially her own. He is all black Percheron, large yet beautiful in her eyes, his name was Rogue. Arriving at his stall, he came over to the door and leaned down for her to lean her head against his. "The night before and now have been very stressful." She whispered to him, patting him gently on the side, before helping with the knights' horses.

Wanting to resist her, Tarin stands his ground for a moment once her arm wraps around his own. Swallowing, he now can actually look at her and make judgements on her character properly. He has heard that she is beautiful and has a smart head and strong heart. Beauty doesn't matter in Tarin's eyes but when he gazes upon Lily, he can't help but feeling something inside of him ignite. Perhaps it is desire to have a beautiful woman at his side? Perhaps it's the craving of his animalistic being wishing to bed the Princess or any of the maids for that matter. But! Being the justice bearer, he just pats her hand with his plated one and asks her questions along the way through whistling breaths. "You should have seen the man who inflicted these wounds." He starts to add, wanting to charm her with one of his war stories. "Clad in black armor but not like mine. I am partly immobile due to the reduced risk of injury. A knight chooses to clasp armor around his body, not cured leather."

As they walk, he tries not to stare at her for too long of intervals. "He had an amazing art to his movements and event though he was," Tarin coughs, turning his head away from her, tasting blood in his mouth. The proud helmet he wore is gone for it was knocked off in dodging one of the Shadoweavers' blows. "Excuse me, Princess." Sucking in another breath, he smiles, or at least attempts to, at her. "I appreciate you helping me."

Allowing her to assist him, she would crack open the egg bit by bit, revealing his knighted body. If she thought the Shadoweaver was built, she was mistaken! Although he is strong, he is not beefed up as Tarin is. Years and years of training with heavy plate and sharp swords have molded Tarin into the man he is today. "Will you come and check on me again, Princess?" He asks as a few of the maids help him into bed, their eyes grazing over every inch they can. No matter, his light brown eyes stay on Lily.

The Shadweaver doesn't have nearly enough supplies to tend to all of his men, this factor slapping him right in the face. Once they skulk back to their tunnels, Julio comes clambering down the passageways with one gold sack in his hands. He reports that the Knights have arrived before his eyes widening at the result of this night. His men, the Shadoweaver's, are badly injured for they don't have the plate and chainmail to stop the sharp edges.

Yet, knights here wear the same type of armor, chain mail then plate. Perhaps it was the chaos of a battle that had so many men confused that they were cut down before even getting the chance to assess the situation. They're used to stalking their prey and striking silently, not nearly as chaotic. "We'll learn to fight that way. We have to take these knights down." The Shadoweaver instructs his men, not even bothering to check himself for wounds. Much like Tarin, he is concerned on other matters but this time, it's not his men but the future of his society.

Before leaving the infirmary, Lily had promised to come back to see him, though she could tell he was trying to impress her with the details of the battle between him and the Shadoweaver. She didn't really care about those kind of things since it had nothing to do with her really. Making sure that the horses were cared for, Lily rubbed her eyes from being tired because she was running around, helping as much as she could with the knights that had come to their kingdom. Finishing up, she covered her mouth as she yawning, on her way back to the infirmary. Promising the she'd returned to see Tarin, she quietly made her way over to him trying not to disturb those who were now beginning to get some rest.

Arriving at the bed, he was in, Lily took a seat on the side of the bed. Staring down at him, she started laughing to herself again quietly, thinking that he may begin to brag to her again. "Why did you ask for me to come back here?" She questioned him, wondering if he had somehow developed interest in her like many men she had been around, aside from the Shadoweaver who used her for his entertainment as she did to him. Moving all of her hair over her left shoulder, Lily glanced towards the bandages to make sure that no blood was visible at the moment. 'At least he wasn't greatly injured like some of his fellow knights. That would have been bad, but at least he wasn't killed either because the Shadoweaver wouldn't show any mercy from what I can tell.' She thought to herself as she waited to hear his reply to her question.

Taking a moment to rest, Tarin closes his eyes and thinks back to his journey today. He had seen so many magnificent sights on his way back to this city. Yes, he had been inside it's boarders before as a boy - he actually grew up here. But sadly, he was born into a life destined for poverty. Only when his father obtained a job as a scribe for the King, did their status change. He packed his belongings and helped his father in his study, learning of combat from books and playing with sticks in the castle grounds. Never again would be wear rags and have an empty belly. Tarin, seeing homeless and the helpless, feels the urge to assist in any way, shape, or form, that he possibly can. For he knows what it's like to be in their situation. He too, had been homeless and scared. Scavenging the sewers for even just a scrap of meat, anything to calm his growling belly. This nightmare of his fades when he feels the warmth of Lily's body place itself on the bed next to him.

Opening his eyes, Tarin smiles before attempting to sit up straighter for he is in the presence of the Princess. Pushing himself up from the sheets, he gasps in pain, clenching his teeth together. "Dammit!" He grumbles, closing his eyes, his back resting on the headboard. Knowing that the fabric has been soaking up his blood, he can still feel the throbbing from the cut as well as the shards from the chainmail. "Thank you for coming." He acknowledges that she must be tired and he doesn't wish to keep her here long. "I would like to, ow," He shifts again, trying to get into a comfortable position as he whispers his secrets to Lily.

"Tell you something and you may think on it tonight. Your father expressed worry in his letter for your safety, this Shadoweaver fellow finally reaching your walls and picking off even guards who are -inside- the castle." Taking a moment to breathe, he takes her hand and softly kisses it, his due respects to her. "My question is if you would give me the honor of allowing me to be your personal guard. Your father did express he needed the best of my men on the job. I cannot see another worthy soul. Indeed all my men are fine soldiers, you may take your pick. Just know that just because I am a Captain doesn't mean I won't be happy to serve you." Releasing her hand, he closes his eyes and prepares himself for his sleep, the fatigue from the battle quickly taking over him and he finds himself dozing off. It's true he doesn't mean to be rude but all the men, at least most of them, are already fast asleep.

Seeing him move to sit up, she caught Tarin's pain not only in his voice, but face as well. It was hard watching this as he began to talk about becoming her personal guard until his time there was up. When he took her hand, brushing his lips gently on the back of it, she couldn't help as a smile crept upon her lips. He was very respectable and strong from what she could see, so she didn't see the problem of letting him be her guard. Looking down at him, she then said a few words before getting up to go to sleep in her own room as well. "I wouldn't mind you being my guard at all, but you have to speak to me as if I was a friend, not a princess." Wishing him a goodnight's rest, Lily left the infirmary and went up to her bedroom to sleep. Arriving in her room, she looked towards the balcony doors and went over to them, covering the door with her curtains as if to hide it. It was already decided, she wouldn't have anything else to do with the Shadoweaver and he didn't with her.

It was another peaceful night without any disturbance for Lily, her head maid came in with her breakfast that morning and telling her that she would finally be able to leave the castle more because she was gonna have a guard with her from now on. Lily may have been happy about that, but she knew that Tarin was injured and didn't want him to do anything yet. After finishing up her breakfast, she made her way down to the infirmary to see the castle medical staff checking up on the men. Going around, she tried to make some of the men relaxed as they were getting help before finally making it over to Tarin. "How are you feeling?" She asked see the nurse changing out his dressings.

Hearing her accept him, Tarin can feel his heart beat away happily in his chest. Knowing that she is very independent, he couldn't help but second guess himself, thinking that it's wrong of him to ask her such a question. Why bother if the answer is going to be no? Still, he is delighted and shows his appreciation with a large smile to his lips, the goatee swallowing most of it. Yet, the lines on his face do not lie as the skin pulls itself upwards, if his eyes were open, they would be shining as well. "Well, Lily, if we are to be friends you must call me Tarin. I hope you will look forward to your new found freedom, something I know you have always wanted. Tomorrow we shall go out and scout out this town of yours. I am excited for you to show me all the sights this week." Nodding, he bids his goodnight when she does and dozes off to sleep. He dreams of ghastly sights, his men, his steed, and of course, that beast he met on the battlefield. Normally he shrugs off a battle, celebrating when they have won but this doesn't feel like a victory. He knows that the rumors are true and he has seen those amber eyes with his very own. No man should have those eyes. They are the color of immortal folk and creatures. Did I fight a demon?

Rising when the sun peaks in through the long windows, Tarin is immediately stopped when he tries to rid himself from his bed. "Sir Tarin, you must rest. Please sit back down." The blonde haired nurse was instructing him, wrapping her fingers over his shoulders and trying to keep him on the bed. Groaning in defeat, he sits back down on the bed, clutching his side. When asking how long he will have to stay like this, the nurse instructs him that they'll patch up the wound today and hopefully he can stay around the castle. Walking will be slow but he should be able to accomplish his tasks such as walking to and from his designated room to the grand hall. Talking with the nurse, they share a light conversation and even a few flirtatious gestures for it's in a knight's nature to comb a woman with compliments and see her purr.

Upon seeing Lily enter the infirmary, his joking cases and they talk about none other than the Shadoweaver. Not really knowing if the rumors he has heard from afar are true, the nurse fills him in. Her voice is sweet as she asks him to sit up and starts unwrapping the bloody bandages, replacing them promptly. "You see, no one knows his intentions, Sir," finishing up what she stated about him going around and picking off the guards one by one during the shield of night. "I am afraid to say it but our knights are afraid of him and that's part of the reason he -wins-. For they shake in their boots now for hearing the slightest sound and he uses it to his advantage." For a nurse, she knows a lot about this Shadoweaver guy. Perhaps she has witnessed a few killings and has even had a conversation with the masked villain.

"Do not worry!" Tarin assures both of them as Lily comes over, "Ah, Lily, good morning. I hope you slept well? Peaceful? No disturbances or worry plaguing your mind." When the nurse hands him a bowl of soup for breakfast, he takes it gingerly and starts to blow on the steaming surface. "Thank you, m'lady. My stomach is growling as if I were a dog." Chuckling at his own little joke, he turns his light brown eyes to Lily once more. "Do you have any plans for today Lily? They say I can walk just fine so we can go into town--"

The nurse shoots him a cautionary look, rolling her eyes even as she corrects the knight. "No, m'lord, you must stay in the castle grounds and rest. Building up your energy is the best way to help a wound such as this heal." Looking to the Princess, she knows that Lily will make the final decision.

Before Lily came over to Tarin's, she could hear him speaking with the nurse about the Shadoweaver and his reasons for doing these acts upon those who got in his way of his goal. "G'morning Tarin. I slept peacefully without a single thing to bother me the whole night." Walking to his bed, she sat at the edge of it like the night before, shaking his head as he spoke about leaving the castle that day. It was obvious to her that he wasn't capable to be walking in a town and like the nurse, she refused to allow him to move with such a wound. "We will go tomorrow, when you are feeling much better. I will show you around the castle today, so you can get a good look of it." She said gesturing to the nurse that she was able to leave once all the wounds were bandaged. Her sky blue eyes looked over him, wondering why this man was so determined to please her.

When he finished the soup, Lily helped him out of bed before thinking about something that seemed a little strange for her to see on a man close to her age. "Not to be rude, but don't you think your goatee needs to be cut a little bit since you're so young." She said without hesitation. Walking out of the infirmary with him, she began her tour of the castle with him, telling him about all the rooms and secret passages there were inside. The castle, itself, had over fifty rooms and twenty-two secret passages to get in or out of the castle. Every now and then, she would have Tarin take a seat to rest to keep his wound from opening up as they walked around.

Brushing a lock of hair from his face, he frowns, his face seeming to darken. Even though he is such a young age, the toll of battle has made his face rough with constant exposure to the harsh elements. Wind, rain, fire, and snow, not to mention hale. There is nothing Tarin hates more than having to walk while the world throws iceballs right at you. If they become any larger, the size of a grapefruit, they might as well kill him. Knowing he cannot control such things, he is sure to let the memories fade from his minds eye, looking back into her dancing hues. "Gah, you have no sense of fun, Princ-- Lily." He politely adds, even scoffing at the end before pushing on his ribs. "Fine, you win, we shall keep ourselves around the castle. I would still like to at least have my sword." Reaching over to the chair next to his bed, it looks as if he had a visitor in the night. But... Tarin is not aware of such a thing. All he knows is that his sword, sitting well in its sheathe, is laying across the old wood, his armor moved off to the side in a neat stack. "Come, help me up." Reaching out, he works with her to get himself off of the bed.

His brown eyes flicker towards Lily every so often as they walk but they do not speak to her as they speak to his men. For a knight, he has plenty of pent up emotions, the passageway most used is through the gaze of another. There are times where all he has to give is a look and his officer doesn't even have to think twice before uttering a command. Perhaps one day, Lily will be able to learn this silent language. But as of right now, Tarin doesn't wish to make the Princess uncomfortable. They, after all, have only just met. "It's an honor to be serving your father." He was starting to explain to them as they walk through a threshold and she places him down on a long bench. "My goatee?" He breathes, thinking that it offends her, his brow furrows for a moment before reaching up to let his fingers tangle in the knotty mess. "Being at war - on the battlefield and out in the front - you forget to take care of yourself. I am only twenty-two years of age, almost twenty-three. But I take pride in how my body can create such a marvelous mess of hair. I have heard from many women that it makes me look older, and for a time, I wish to because of gaining the respect for this new squad I am heading. With age comes experience."

Not wishing to bore her with his semantics for he could go far into the thought process and philosophy of why we think the way we do. Pausing, he runs his fingers over the bench's edge, getting a feel for the wood. In response, the old thing creaks as he shifts his weight. "And don't think you're rude." Looking back up from his fingers, he smiles, liking the way that she is so free with her comments. Openness, he feels, is key to gaining her trust. "Lily, would you like me to cut it all off? If you wish it, I will abide to your voice of reason. I am, in essence, yours. For all I do now is to further you. I have to protect you yet learn from you and gain knowledge -with- you. We are two halves of the same puzzle waiting to be placed together." Feeling he has gone too far, he quickly adds, "As friends." So she doesn't think he is advancing upon her.

"Well that is good to know, but if I go outside the castle with an older looking man, people would assure you are my guard. To have a man that looks about my age in regular clothing with me would not look suspicious, more like I am with a friend." She explained to him. Lily didn't like home when she was guarded they had to appear in their usual attire every time she went out, it made may of the people in town not want to be close to her and this caused great sadness to her. Spending another hour or two with Tarin, they finally arrived back at the infirmary for him to finish healing. "It was a pleasure to show you around and I can't wait for your wounds to heal, so that I may show you around the town next." Smiling softly, she waved goodbye as she left him there to go about the day doing what she needed to do such as study and practice a few lessons from her head maid, before night fell.

It had been two days since she last saw Tarin, Lily was busy with so much after her coming of age party and plans kept popping up out of nowhere it seemed. Glad to finally be free of a schedule, she made her way down to the stables to see if Tarin was there with his men, ready to go out to the town. Dressed in tan colored pants and a white blouse with a pair of brown heeled boots. Some of the maids tried to intercept Lily from going to the stables, asking questions or needing approval on something, but she told them to ask her about such things later because she was going into town. Arriving at the entrance, she found one of Tarin's men standing there and went up to him asking if he had seen his captain anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.