Strange Occurrence in Celestial Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing her jump made Quinn lift his head up to the sky and chuckle. It was much like the ones he had uttered in her room the night prior. Cold and unforgiving waves of laughter. Trembling fear seems to be something he thrives off of along with death and the misery of others. What a sardonic fellow! But, of course, he needs to act proper, eyeing two people awkwardly standing near one another. It's obvious what they both want but the universe is pulling them apart instead of together as they desire. The man pretending to look at the masonry and the woman eyeing the delicate flowers. Starting on opposite sides of the garden, they soon have a 'chance' meeting, their subtle words echoing across the grass to the balcony. Hearing this, the Shadoweaver knows that his words can be heard by them.

"I did assure you before going off to dance that he wouldn't be a great partner for you. He is too unskilled on his feet - wobbling around, not due to his weight but due to an injured leg. I would guess his tendon never healed properly, always giving him a slightly -off- ... ness about him." Nodding, Quinn seems to be studying plenty of folk, pinning every observation on the head. Quickly adding, "But the poor fellow. My heart goes out to him that he still tries so hard..." Glancing over the garden, the two nobles are long gone. Checking over the rim of the balcony, The Shadoweaver is satisfied that all is well and he can drop the act along with his voice just incase.

"Seeing him try and woo you is amusing too." A grin appears on his face but he doesn't keep his eye contact for long. Soon those amber hues are looking out across the gardens. "I'm a threat to everyone - even you Lily, don't forget it." Glancing over and seeing her shiver, he looks down at his doublet. Being a size or two too big on him, he is sure it will envelop her but he still slides it off of his arms and offers to place the jacket over her shoulders. Within a quick hesitation, he throws it over her arms, not caring if she wanted it or not. The smell reeked of tobacco, the cuffs dirty. This surely wasn't his jacket. "He is also jealous because you seem to be having a good time with Quinn." Raising a brow, he leans his arms on the balcony, his eyes resting on her reaction. "Some might even say you've never smiled so bright. But of course, you are acting. Well done, Princess." His words come out smooth enough, perhaps it really is a genuine compliment and not just a snarky comment under his breath.

Surprised a little when he placed the coat over her shoulders, she then laughed to herself before replying to his compliment. "I wasn't acting. I was really enjoying myself and if you're a threat then I think you'd try to do something now especially when no one is around. I think you're liking all this even though you say you're acting." Grabbing the sides of the jacket, she pulled it more until it covered most of her torso. It was obvious this wasn't his jacket, but he was nice enough to lend it to her when he noticed that she was a chilly from the cool air that night. Lily expected the Shadoweaver to come to surface and try to murder her while she was alone with him. She didn't know if he enjoyed killing people, but she couldn't help thinking that he wanted to do it then, she would want it to be over with quickly.

Turning to look at her favorite part of the castle, the garden, Lily got an idea. "If you like to continue talking, then follow me." Slipping her arms into the jacket, she sat upon the railing and turned herself as she began to slid down from the balcony to the garden down below them. Landing perfectly on her feet, she stayed underneath the balcony to avoid anyone finding her unless they actually come down to the garden to look. Under the balcony was Lily's favorite spot to hide and be away from all that was going on in the castle. Lined with crimson roses bushes every where except a small bench, where she would lay down or read when she had a book with her.

"Is that so?" Comes his usual dark tone, his eyes stabbing into her, "You really think that I wouldn't kill your father right here? There have been several times on this night where I have gotten close enough to slip a dagger out and ever so gently ease it into him. No one would know it's me." This, of course, is all whispered from under his mask, those amber eyes darting to and from the glass window. "I am acting my part as your precious Quinn Weaver. That doesn't mean I'm actually having fun. You understand that when this night is through," He sprints down the steps, skipping two or three at one time, meeting and following her once they reach the bottom, "It will be the slightest of hopes that I'll willingly come to see you again." The sweet perfume from the roses waft over Quinn and he can't help but feel it stick to the back of his throat.

"You may not be the first person I think of when I want to talk to someone. But when it's either you or the noble asses in that room, I would pick you any day of the week." Thinking it sounds too nice, The Shadoweaver is quick to sit on the bench and stretch out, the heels of his boots digging into the ground as he lops one right over the other. "Do you find yourself a climbing sort of girl? Isn't a proper lady to be chained into her dresses and forced to do god knows what... needle work?" Quinn shrugs, chucking as his hands coming up to adjust the mask on his face but he makes no indications that he will be taking it off anytime soon. How he knows the tingling curiosity inside of her wishes for him to show his true face but this is the Princess he is with. Her father is the King. Her father will hang him from a rope without so much as a blink of an eye. "Won't you sit?" He lucratively asks, patting the bench next to him.

"If you wanted to kill my father, you would have done so already, but you're holding back? Why?" Lily wasn't encouraging him to do it, but it seemed to something that others would take as a very tempting choice and most would take that chance instead of letting it pass through their fingers. It was hard to figure out the Shadoweaver, but she was curious about what he looked like under the mask since she hadn't seen his face once from all the times they've met. All she knew about him was his amber eyes that made him stand out in Kingdom as well as the town. Mentioning her climbing, she smirked to herself before answering him. "My mother called me a free spirit, I don't follow the rules all the time and I tend to do what I want, though getting out of the castle is one I haven't been successful at yet." Just talking about her mother, made Lily's face light up.

Watching his hands mess with the mask, which gave her an idea. Offering her to sit, Lily stood right in front of him, looking down at him with a smile. It was daring, but she had to know what he looked like under the mask. Taking a seat right next to him, she removed the jacket since they were now enclosed in her favorite area, it was as cold. Placing the jacket back on his, her hand went up to the ribbon of his mask and began to untie it.

"I do not kill your father because it will only bring more trouble upon me and..." Pausing for a moment, he almost slipped up and told her about the guild of headstrong men and daring ladies that he teaches. Looking back across the garden, his teeth clench for a moment, "And..." He starts again, "I would have to flee this city. It's not something I would like to do just yet. I can have my fun and kill a few more guards. Having me kill your father would be a feat I would want to face alone. Just him and me. Seeing his eyes and hearing his words directed solely to me. It will be invigorating but for another time and another place." Looking back to Lily as she sits down, he noticeably tenses up, his left hand slipping to the hidden hilt of his dagger blade as she sits to his right. "You're a free spirit, yes, but just don't be stupid. Climbing is no place for a woman."

Feeling the rough wool come back over his shoulders, he unlinks his fingers around the leathered hilt and starts to put his arms through the arms. That's when the tickle of her fingers come to his hair, the ribbon losing its tension on the back of his head. Quickly snapping, he curses at her in his mind, one hand coming to his face, pressing the mask up to the bridge of his nose to not have it fall to the ground. His right hand comes up and collects both her wrists within his tight grasp and shoves them away forcefully. In order to assert his power over him, he grabs a moving arm and twists her wrist in one direction, causing strain on her elbow. It's just enough for her to not be in horrible pain and it not to leave a mark but still the fiery sensation would be there.

"Don't you dare. Did you really think that that would work, Princess? No one has seen my face and lived to tell the tale. Why do you think you're above them?" He spits at her, his grip letting go. A thought about her asking him to take off his mask in polite company comes swiftly to his mind and he frowns, his eyebrows forming a deep V underneath the metal of the mask. Not bothering to tie the black violet colored ribbon back around his head, he speaks to her in a somewhat collected tone. "How about this - if you want to use your senses to see who I am. Close your eyes and I'll cover your eyes as to make sure you don't peak. If you're really curious, I'll humor you with feeling the flesh underneath this mask but don't think you'll be able to see anything for I still am a Shadow. I intend to keep it that way, no Princess getting in my way." If she agrees, he will cover her eyes, making sure she couldn't possibly peak. Knowing his strength, she won't be able to pull down his hands anyway. The mask will fall to his lap and he keeps his eyes open, ready for anything that might happen.

It wasn't a surprise to Lily when he caught his mask in place and grabbed her arm and twisting it so that she couldn't do anything to him. Though it didn't hurt, it was uncomfortable the way he had her arms. Shoving her arms away, she turned towards him as soon as she stopped herself from falling off the edge of the bench. "I didn't think I was above anyone. Curiosity has nothing to do with being above someone." She replied to him, upset that he thought she was above him. Lily didn't think she was above anyone except when it came to her own brother, who was the only person she had any competition with. Listening to him talk about letting her touch his face to feel his features, she had to think about it for a while.

"Fine I'll take that offer." She said as she took his hand into hers and brought it up to her eyes as she was closing her own, so that she could stick to water he suggested to her. "Just tell me when I can." She smiled on the inside thinking this is another opportunity for her to satisfy her curiosity even for a little bit. It may have been a little odd, but she'd take that right now.

The rapid heartbeat in his chest only worsens once he feels her hand come up with his. She feels so soft it's almost as if he is touching the fine silks in the marketplace again. Wearing gloves most of the time, The Shadoweaver thinks that it's best to keep all of him covered, giving no tell tale signs of who he is to anyone. Not even most of the guild members have seen his face. They all know that he disappears during the day, residing in an old inn that has been blocked off to most commoners. For him it's easy to slip in through the second floor windows. It's like him having his own house without the hassle of pay. Cleaning often, he keeps his room tidy and locks both the doors and windows when he leaves. Even if his key is lost during a mission, he can always pick the locks himself - honing the skills required for such a time consuming task.

"You may." The Shadoweaver breathes, peeling the area for any signs of wondering eyes and turned faces. At the slightest hint of unwanted noise, he will snap his mask back on. Distractions come once he feels her fingers exploring all of his face. She starts out hesitantly, hardly touching his face but once she becomes accustomed to his grainy face, she uses even her palm to get a feeling of the strong jaw, large nose and square face. What she cannot see are his amber eyes nor the cut above his lip. If she even attempts to get that close to him with her fingers, he wiggle his nose or do something to try and move the scar away from where she is. Alas, his attempts at covering up a unique feature of him are flawed, her fingers are likely to cross over the blade width scar.

"Are you satisfied?" Comes his low breath, wondering when she will be done feeling over his face. Newly shaved and his hair neatly parted, The Shadoweaver even went so far as to apply some scent to his clothing to try and mask the musky smell of drawers and time. A strange thought crosses his mind, knowing that Lily's eyes are most likely closed, he ponders the chances of him kissing her and getting away with it. Grinning, his facial muscles change underneath her fingers. Perhaps another time. Comes his thoughts, not doing it out of attraction even though he has to admit she is beautiful, but he is solely taking the chances as they arise. She seems very interested in him so he feels he might as well humor her.

Hearing him say that it was okay for her to touch him, her hands made their way up to his face and began to touch it as much as she could. With the tips of her fingers, they took in every single detail of his face as if it was imprinted in her mind now. Lily was please to know that he allowed her to do this, but since it was his idea, she would take completely advantage of this situation. Slowly pulled her hands down gently from his face to his neck to his arms, waiting for him to remove his hand from in front of her eyes so that she could see again. As she waited, she remembered the feeling of his face moving a little to curve into a smile. "Just wondering, what were you smiling about a moment ago?" She asked, not sure if he'd actually tell her why or ignore her question.

Staying perfectly still is the hardest task he thinks he has ever had to do. To him, he could take on the world with his daggers, easily slaughtering many. But to have her gently caress his face with her fingertips, it drove him crazy. Not in a way that you would expect to be felt with the throws of love but that of anxiety. The sticky sensation of sweat starts to pool on his temples the more duration comes between her hands and his face. He can't help but think what's wrong with him for he has taken out five guards at once with nothing more than a small shaking of his finger. Now he feels as though he is crumpling from the inside. Get her away. Get her away. NOW! Comes the inner thoughts of his as he just gulps, not foreseeing the consequences of having to put his mask back on as quickly as he can. Glancing down, he thinks he can do it before she even has a moment to blink.

Those hands, the Princess' hands slide down his arms. What does she want from me? Is all he thinks to himself, opening his mouth and trying to breathe regularly. For he felt as though he was holding his breath for her hands, releasing the warm and quiet air once she moves down. She will be able to feel the cut on his lip, the second distinction from him and the other commoners. If anyone should know what he looks like - it would be a dead giveaway for it's the only scar he has -allowed- himself to get. "Did you enjoy yourself?" He asks hesitantly, his words feeling forced - not knowing what else to say! Upon her asking if he had smiled, he kicks himself internally for being so foolish. "What did you feel?" Is all he asks. Thinking he has his chance, he quickly removes his hands from her face, knowing his force can easily knock her arms out of his way as he reaches down for his mask and quickly places it over his face.

Asking her what she felt, she tried to remember and tell him. "Obviously you smiled and I felt something above your lip, maybe a scar or birthmark of some sort."She said as she opened her eyes to see that the mask was now on his face again, to hide it away from her. He had strong features, but she knew that he had something upon his lip that would stand out compared to others around them. As the two of them were under the balcony, Thomas left the ballroom in search of Lily, who had slipped away from the crowd. He assumed that she was outside catching her breath, but he was worried that this Quinn person was with her as well since he didn't see him in the room at all. He had the urge to ask her brother about Quinn, yet figured that he was nothing but a close (too close in his opinion) friend of Lily.

Getting an idea, Lily leaned in closer to the Shadoweaver with her eyes staring into his before laughing a bit to herself, while pulling back. "I guess I'm satisfied with that right now, but I wonder if I'll ever see you face in person." She said out loud, not caring if he heard her or not. Thomas thought about the place that the Princess usually went to avoid people, he went over to the edge of the balcony and looked down to see that she was with Quinn. It was like the fire ignited earlier that night in his chest was going more, every time he saw the two of them together. He hated any man aside from himself to be close to Lily even though she wasn't his yet in his mind, she was going to be at some point.

Tilting his head to the side, Quinn now is back in his facade of being this aristocrat. His trained ears picking up on the soft sound of the door to the balcony clicking open. Closing his eyes as she talks, he is quick to run his fingers across his throat and then motion to the balcony ledge above them. "Someone is up there." He mouths, letting out a booming chuckle as to play his part correctly. "It really isn't much, my dear Lily. I wanted to come here and see you so here we are. Might I add you look quite lovely. Tell me, has your father ever since the decree across the sea? Those barbarians should know their place soon enough." Scooting in closer, he is quick to whisper with her as she leans in close. The tingling sensation starts in his fingers and legs, knowing that her body is radiating heat for his to consume. "You know I went to battle over there for a little bit during the last war. It really is a miraculous place. Imagine stone pillars that reach for the sky and monumental buildings that are slick and evenly cut from stone. They are like us, yes, but imagine the stone having a -glossy- texture to it. Here, close your eyes."

Feeling the spiteful eyes lash out at him from above, Quinn takes her hands in his, settling them onto his defined thigh. He did indeed hear her but alas, this is not the time to talk about such matters. His mind, being the playful man he is, moves to how he can annoy Thomas next. Gently he runs his index finger over the grooves in her palm, starting to tell her the shape of the island off of their southernly coast. Glancing up, he makes sure her eyes are closed as he describes utter nonsense to her, or perhaps it seems that way to Thomas. For anyone who has traveled they know that there -is- no island off of the southern coast. Or is there? Is Quinn an explorer. Gently, Quinn takes her hands and settles them in her own lap, giving them a good pat with his palm, showing very affectionate movements. And now for the grand finale. Comes the cruel side of him, laughing at what he is about to do. The rational side tells him not to screams at him to pull his face away from hers. Lily would be able to feel his heat clash into her face, his breath spilling over her chin and neck. "Do you want to play a trick on Thomas?" He breathes, not even giving her time to answer.

The plate of his masked nose bumps into hers before tilting his head, letting his lips -just- press to hers, not expecting anything else. His hands, still laying in her lap with hers, squeezes her hands out of reaction. For Quinn, or the Shadoweaver, resents his actions. At least at first he does. Once he feels the warmth of her mouth, he finds an odd sensation cleve his inner being. She tastes of wine and fine spirits, something making him dig deeper and deeper with his lips, wanting to unlock hers. But he only lets the kiss go so far for he knows it's only a charade to get Thomas angry. Wanting more but utilizing his self control, The Shadoweaver pulls back, his eyes slowly opening to greet hers. His ears wide open for any sound or shout from Thomas above them.

Reading his lips about someone being on the balcony, she listened to Quinn talk nonsense to avoid anyone from hearing what they were really talking about. It was funny to hear all that he was saying, knowing that most of it was made up to put on an act for whoever was above. Curious, she takes a quick glance without moving her head to see the Thomas was standing at the edge of the rail, looking upon the scene that Quinn was creating. Closing her eyes, she imagined the structures that he mentioned to her, yet it was when he took her hand into his own and began tracing the shape of these buildings into the palm of her hand was what surprised her. The warmth of his hands and fingers sent chills down Lily's spine until he placed her hands back into her own lap. You could feel the rage in Thomas' eyes as he watched how the male touched Lily without hesitation, but it was what happened next that sent him over the edge and down the stairs of the balcony to where they were sitting.

Lily wondered why he meant by trick Thomas and it didn't take her long to find out what it was. The moment she felt something soft against her own lips, it became very clear what it was. As he squeezed her hands, she did the same back as she closed her eyes. Though this wasn't her first kiss, the feeling was greatly different from others that she had such an experience with. She could feel him trying to do farther as the time went on. The warmth of the kiss and body seemed to engulf her, not wanting it go away too soon, but her wish was cut short when the Shadoweaver pulled away. Opening her eyes slowly, Lily pulled away slowly before bringing her eyes to see that Thomas was standing in front of them. In seconds, he grabbed Quinn by the collar of his clothes and pulling him in close to him. "Whether you're a friend of hers or not, you are not allowed to touch her in such a way at all!" He yelled before grabbing Lily by the wrist, jerking her up from the bench. The grip he had on her was so tight, it felt as if it was bruising her that very moment. "Thomas, let go!" She snapped at him, but he didn't listen and replied. "A woman shouldn't let herself be taken advantage of by someone like him! He speaks nonsense and expects you to believe every word of it, he's only fooling you."

Opening his eyes, fear of Thomas fooling his ears, The Shadoweaver silently adores the look plastered on Lily's face after that short kiss. He is sure not to give her too much but she tasted like royalty, fine wine and the smell of perfume, something that he craves for himself. Almost feeling sorry, he pulls back slowly, letting their lapping lips break apart and his hot breath waft over her. Never before has he actually been forceless with his kisses, by this time he would have his tongue in her mouth if it were any other girl. There is a certain charm to her kissing him that he couldn't quite put his finger on. Oh yeah! She kissed him back! Now he has yet another thing to use against her for he could swear she enjoyed it before even opening his eyes. Upon his amber lens fixing itself on her, he notices the delight or shock he has left her face with. A throaty chuckle comes from his mouth, knowing Thomas is right there but he doesn't move his face until she does.

"How nice of you to join us, Thomas--" He starts with the smooth voice of his, his furtive expression flashing to Lily. His hands still on hers, she can feel him forcefully tighten his grasp, seeing Thomas reach for him in what feels like slow motion. Doing everything in his power to -not- be the killer, he could have Thomas on the ground by now with his jugular vein ripped out. Instead, The Shadoweaver braces himself and allows Thomas to pluck him easily from the bench. Feeling generous, The Shadoweaver might give him the opportunity to throw a few lazy punches. Royalty... pah! They can't fight. They don't know how to fight properly. Hearing Lily snap at Thomas, Quinn can't help but smile at her words for she is on his side now. Not that she ever wasn't but that kiss should have done wonders, he can still taste her on his lips.

Turning back to Thomas, he puts on his best shocked face. "What are you doing, sir?" He asks in his husky voice this time, trying to act startled. "Let her go! That is no way to treat a lady. Did you see me -force- myself upon the Princess? No, I don't think so. She willingly kissed me back, my good sir. To be honest, I have been waiting for this moment all night. I hate to see it gone to waste by your hotheadedness." With a stern nod, Quinn readies himself for whatever comeback or punch may come his way. "If you must know, my intentions are all honorable. Lily knows this - would I ever hurt you?" Those amber eyes burrow themselves into her very being, curious to what she will say but -calm-. Even though they can be quite volcanic at times, his sandstorm eyes are in control. If any fist should find it's way at Quinn, he will just nod his head out of the way even with Thomas' hand on his collar. Along with some comment such as, "You can do better than that!"

Thomas could stand the fact that he was right, but he waited to hear the reply from Lily to see if it was true or not. Upon hearing the question, Lily couldn't help but think. 'You would if you weren't in character right now...' But instead, she answered the question with a different answer. "Quinn wouldn't do anything harmful to me, so I trust him completely without any doubt." Thomas was furious at this, he didn't like the fact of anyone touching or talking to Lily if they had any intention to catch her interest. Letting go of her wrist, he balled his hand into a fist and hurled it straight towards Quinn's face, missing when the other nodded his head out of the way. Unaware to the three of them, Rondell had stepped out onto the balcony to look for his younger sister, so that she could wish the guest good night because it was now time for them to leave. Knowing her favorite spot, he went down the stairs and just as he was about to enter, he heard the voices of Lily, Thomas and another male he wasn't familiar with.

"Thomas, I would like it if you refrained from creating chaos during my birthday celebration." Lily said to him after watching his punch miss the Shadoweaver's face, not really expecting him to get a hit on him at all. "Yet you'll let this man kiss you without you giving him permission to do so!" Thomas nearly yelled out for almost anyone to hear. When she was about to say something else, another voice chimed in with a chuckle accompanied by his words. "Whoever my sister allows to kiss her is only her concern, since she is of age now and doesn't need me to watch her." Rondell said as he walked over to the group, now knowing what created such a ruckus.

Quinn's hands start to tingle, worried that Lily will give him away. Being untrusting is not something that is easily swayed by a kiss. She will have to prove it to him somehow even before he thinks of letting her touch him again. How foolish he is for letting her feel the scar, letting her fingers graze over his countenance. Hopefully she will forget about it for Quinn knows that he will not be seeing her for a long time after this. Why? It will give her time to forget about him - forget about the scar and forget about this night. It's all just one big mistake. Blood is what makes him tick, not women. Indeed he does adore their form and the elegance that comes along with their voice and knowledge but does the Shadoweaver really care? To him, ladies are just another perk, being able to kiss them before he kills them.

His instincts, however, don't let him strike even though he knows he really should allow this Thomas man to hit him. It will show that he -isn't- like the Shadoweaver. That is if anyone will become doubtful of his cover. Lily might be able to notice the fluid motions accompanied with a twitch of the wrist, his own hands balled up in fists. A left hook comes raring towards him and Quinn takes over, his whole body tensing for what is about to happen. For what seems to be the first time in his entire life, he is allowing himself to be hit. The fist makes contact with him as soon as Rondell comes into his vision. He does not fall to the ground and hold his face like many fools do. His head just moves and his body stumbles back into a neat stance, his feet seeming to be rooted into the ground. It took every fiber of his body not to strike back, his arms noticeably shaking under the strain. One thing he has though, is self control for he has to keep his cover more than his pride at this point. He is not the Shadoweaver, he is Quinn tonight.

Great! Even more trouble. Now I have to deal with this damn Thomas creature and the big brother.
Speaking calmly, Quinn swallows any comments he may have that are snarky or taunting - wanting Thomas to hit him again for effect. The throbbing of the punch to his jaw is indeed a setback, causing him more internal pain than external pain at this point. He is shocked that he would allow such a thing but those amber eyes are quick to flash his anger, daring Thomas to try him again. "And again, my good sir, she kissed me back so does it really matter if I asked permission or not? Sometimes that's the beauty of a kiss, not asking with shaking hands if you are -allowed- to kiss her but seeing how the lips react. That's all the beauty - having two people not even speak but knowing that they both wish for the same thing."

Turning to Rondell, he nods his thanks. "I appreciate you coming here for I fear I might be a bloody mess on the ground if you didn't." Offering a sturdy hand, Quinn smiles, knowing he will have a nice bruise to show tomorrow. "Quinn Weaver, sir." Bowing respectfully, his eyes glance to Lily. "I mean no harm by kissing your sister. I assure you my intentions are crystal clear with no taint in sight. I only wish to make her happy."

Lily was surprised to see that the Shadoweaver allowed Thomas get a hit in before saying something quite embarrassing that even Lily almost had the urge to cover her ears to not hear it, but she couldn't do that. When Rondell made an appearance, Thomas released Quinn's collar before watching the male walk over to Lily's brother, introducing himself and apologize for his actions. Thomas didn't even attempt to apologize for anything as he left the area to leave the castle as soon as possible. Lily was thankful that her brother came along because she was unaware of what might of happened between the two men. Rondell laughed to himself as he listened to what Quinn had to say before replying for only him to hear. "If you're asking for her in marriage, then that would have to be directed to our father not me. But seeing as Lily isn't ready for that, I suggest you change her mind." From afar, Lily wondered what her brother was saying to him.

"I guess I should be saying goodbye to the guests now.." She said as she walked up to Quinn and took his hand before leaning up to kiss him upon his cheek. "Goodnight, don't get into to trouble." Letting go of his hand, she walked back up to ballroom to say goodnight to all of those who were living, leaving the two of them by themselves. Rondell watched Lily leave before turning back to Quinn with a look of curiosity. This male was someone he had never met or heard of, so he wondered how he and his sister were close enough for her to allow him to kiss her. "You must be very special, because Lily never seems to like any man at all." He said.

Upon the conversation turning to marriage, Quinn's face reddens and he has to look away for a moment. "I..." He utters out, thinking it would be an appropriate action to try and change the subject. Even though Lily might think his reddening of face is all part of the act, it's actually quite a natural coloring. "Lily isn't ready for marriage? Well, with her birthday comes a new beginning - a new chapter in her life to," there is a slight pause, those amber eyes of his moving to greet Lily before flickering back to Rondell. "To explore new areas? Such as love and matrimony." A hand comes up to Rondell's shoulder, squeezing gently. "I adore your sister but I don't think your father would be too pleased with me wooing her. I have no big fortune or anything to better this kingdom. Hoping that you can understand, I do adore Lily and kissing her... I know I shouldn't have." All of a sudden, Quinn seems nervous for he never thought of her brother showing up or even the thought of marriage at all.

Swallowing he allows her to kiss his cheek, a staggered breath coming from his lips as she walks away. "I'll be seeing you in another sunrise. Don't worry about me, I can handle myself." He carefully adds, his gaze following her up the steps too. His hand still feels her warm touch, his fingers curling as to try and rid his body of her touch. The smile curves on his face, for anyone looking upon him, it seems to be one of admiration. But to the Shadoweaver, it's one of victory, the curving of his lips somewhat dark. Thomas has walked away and he has won this night. That'll teach that pompous ass. The amber hues of his make their way across the gardens and back to Rondell. "You do not know me because we have never met. I have never been in the stone walls of the castle before. It's that simple," shrugging, Quinn looks up at the stars and the moon, letting the moment sink into his flesh.

"Your curiosity must be buzzing, dear prince. Let me assure you that I live in the town and have met your sister when she, you, and your two guards, simply shop. You see, I work an honorable pay - having to borrow these clothings from a higher ranking friend of mine. An aristocrat. Now, if you don't mind. I think I will be bidding you goodnight. I don't wish to stay if all others are leaving."

Rondell wished the male a goodnight as well and left back up to the ballroom to help with the guests leaving the castle. He thought Quinn was interesting, but he assured himself to find out more about him from his sister to hear about how the two got to know each other so quickly enough for him to kiss her so soon. Lily was saying her final goodbyes to the guests, before excusing herself to her room to rest and think about all that happened that day. The Shadoweaver did some very surprising things that night, but what Lily didn't expect was the sudden kiss that he had initiated to make Thomas upset. She couldn't explain why she kissed him back, the warm feeling she got from it was something she hadn't felt, but why did such a feeling come from someone who seemed to enjoy killing.

Taking off her mask and dress, Lily felt relieved to be out of the dress. Though it was very beautiful, she had done a little too much in it that it was starting to tighten up around her body. Going into the bathroom, she drew a warm bath for herself to relax and think about everything. Slipping into the bathtub, Lily leaned back against the back of it. In all her life, so much excitement came in one night that it was a bit overwhelming to her, yet it was fun at the same time. Sinking into the water a bit, she then resurfaced to rest. "All I wanna do is rest now.." She whispered to herself, closing her eyes.

Wanting to just leave the castle as soon as possible, Quinn makes his way out the front gate as soon as possible. Feeling relief spread over him as he quickly runs to the rooftops once out of sight from any of the guards. It would be most strange to see someone clamber up to the shingles in the moonlight. Going to his small room, The Shadoweaver is quick to strip off his clothing and replace them with the sleek black ones. Strapping his belt to his waist and sheathing his sword, he takes a moment to glance into the mirror. It would be odd, he ponders, for the Shadoweaver to not make a star appearance and slaughter a few knights on the evening of the ball. He can't have people think he is changing his ways. The rooftops are once again his playground as he makes his way to the stone wall. Glancing up, he can't help but think about Lily. What kind of hold is she starting to have on me? I have no time to think about a girl, a Princess! Pah. Disgusting. The way she looked this night is magnificent and having her so near made his heart thump.

Turning to leave, he remembers one final flaw. What if Rondell asks her about Quinn tonight. She doesn't know what he said in the gardens. Swallowing, he would hate for her to tell him another story - that would only make the situation worse. Sending scouts to find this Quinn Weaver when, in reality, there is no such man. Anger is what runs The Shadoweaver now as he bounds up the stone walls of the fortress and across the rooftops of the king's own home. Making sure to clean up his kills, he soon finds himself at her balcony. Glancing in, he sees a few maids laying out her clothing for bed. Quickly he presses his back up against the wall, silencing his breathing so that all is dead out in the moonlight. Hearing the pitter patter of a maid, his hands move right to a bloody dagger. No. He reminds himself. He shall not harm one of her personal servants. That would draw attention. Guards are nothing, servants are completely different. And when they're in -her- room.

Waiting until the coast is clear, he slips into the room and hears some splashing in the next room over. "Taking a bath are we?" He coldly chuckles, thinking that it would be entertaining to slip in there and have his peak. Once again his better judgement overcomes him for the maids will be in the bath room soon to dry her off. Sneaking over to her bed, he throws himself on it. Neatly wrapping his hands behind the back of his head, he rests on the pillows, crossing his legs by her night attire. For now he will wait, reveling in the shocked face he will receive from her. Blinking, he remembers - Maids. They'll be in here to help her dress. Stealthily, he slips back outside, waiting for an opportunity when she has her back turned in the deserted room to make his entrance.

After Lily was done with her bath, one of the maids came in to help her dry off and get dressed, but she excused them saying that she wanted to be left alone for the rest of the night. Understanding, the maid left the princess for the night, relaying the message to all the other maids what she wanted. Stepping out of the tub, Lily dried herself off before slipping her robe on as she made her way into the bedroom. Seeing the clothes on the bed, Lily went over to the vanity and pulled her hair up with a ribbon. It was quite dark in her room aside from the candles in certain areas that allowed her to see very little. Removing her robe, she quickly placed on her night gown as well as undergarments for her to lay down in her bed.

Stepping over to her balcony doors, as she places her hands on the handles about to turn them, a strange yet familiar feeling comes over her. She was remembering the night before, the first time she had ever seen or talked to the Shadoweaver. It was start of something that had yet to come, but she did know that it was a meeting she'd never forget. Opening up the doors of the balcony, she took a moment before looking to the sides and her eyes met those that were more than just familiar to her. Laughing, she stepped back into her room to take a seat upon bed, waiting for him to step in. It would probably become reflect for Lily to suspect that he would come to her room at any time of night.

Status
Not open for further replies.