Strange Occurrence in Celestial Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Shadoweaver knew that one way or another, Lily would try and defend herself. When the drawer opens, his mind starts to flash with what weapons could be locked away, knife? Letter opener with a sharpened side? It would hardly be of any use. He thinks to himself, those amber eyes never moving from Lily's face. The silky voice of his comes back, moving back and forth between a trusting tone and an icy one. The sharp blade in his hand easily slips back into its holder as she steps away from him. With all of his being he wants to lash out at her, his finger noticeably twitching, always a hairs length away from grabbing his weapons.

"The blacksmith makes horseshoes, the cobbler shoes, an assassin kills. It's my job, any repercussions is just how the line of work is." Is all he tells her, taking in a deep breath of the aroma of such a rich room. He is used to the smelly streets while he sleeps, the clattering of the stray individuals wondering drunkenly down the street or hiding in a carriage or on top of a horse. It's as much of -my- kingdom as yours. With an unseen smile, he raises a brow, seeing her willingly turn her back and throw the dagger on the bed.

"So you are not to resist? You'll go down easily and without a fight?" He shakes his head, "No one could pay me enough to kill you or your family. The moment you or any of your family dies from my hand, my life will end too. I cannot..." There is a pause, "I -will- not." His head cocks to the side, stepping curiously forward, her smell reaching his nose and making a shiver travel down even his spine. "Please, sit." He moves over to the table and lifts up the chair, settling it in the middle of the room, motioning her to sit on her bed. "You're being civil and not screaming. Why should I be worried? You know you cannot kill The Shadoweaver. No one -can-." The chuckle vibrates deep in his throat, "You must want to know more.. curiosity digging at your soul."

Raising her brow, she couldn't help but look at him as if he was crazy. Shaking her head, she then took a seat upon her bed to watch him take a chair and sit in it himself. Bringing her legs against her chest, she sighed out loud before speaking. "You've killed my curiosity actually. An assassin killing for money, I guess that answers my question. Only question I have is why bother scaring my father." She looked into the eyes of the man sitting right across from her, the color of his eyes somewhat fascinated her because it wasn't every day you'd see a person with ember colored eyes. Especially in their Kingdom. One of the reasons it was called the Celestial Kingdom was because everyone had very light colored eyes, yet he had the eyes that were just in between dark and light. Her grandfather thought that with such a name like that he believed that everything about it should be heavenly and light.

"Are you.. from this Kingdom?" She asked softly, now that it was what she was more curious about. In all her time living in the Kingdom, she had never met anyone without light colored eyes, but then again she didn't get out much.

The Shadoweaver hardly sits down and chats with his targets, sticking to the books. Get in, kill opposition and target, slip out unseen. Even if you can't get out without being seen, he believes that the more bloodshed the better. It shows your position and power over the enemy. Those amber eyes don't move from Lily's, seeming to stare into her very soul. He remembers glancing at her by and by while she was at the market this very day, knowing how happy she looked and what excitement she had in being free from the castle walls and the confinement that comes along with it.

"Was it really so hard to wrap your head around it before?" He spites her, his tone thinking that -everyone- should know of a killers intention. "You and your family must have thought me crazy at first, yes? But! A fool goes after people with a kitchen knife, easily comparable to the one you have in your drawer. Dull and useless. A killer has a whole arsenal at the ready for every step along the way. It's easy to pick out a beginner from an expert."

When she keeps on staring at him, either looking as if he is completely crazy or amazed, he raises a brow. This is new for him, his feet parted as he sits on the edge of the chair, not yet comfortable enough to slide back and relax. He doesn't think he will ever be that ready nor ever come back to see the Princess after this night.

"So now you want to get to know me?" He lightly puts it, pulling down his mask only part way so that he can breathe through his nose easier. "What makes you think that I will be telling the truth if I speak at all? I'm a killer after all and you'll be the only one to see me and -live- to tell the tale. You'll be the special Princess who was kissed by a killer but death did not come. Rumors will spread of why I let you live. They will spread like wildfire to the driest trees. Princess - you'll be the talk of the town. Not me."

Shaking her head at him as he spoke about the knives, Lily leaned over to the pillows of her bed and pulled a small dagger from underneath them. "Fools only think of me as weak and I don't tolerate that at all." She said as she moved back into position on the bed. Listening to him speak about her being the talk of the town, because she would be the first person who wasn't killed by him. She wouldn't even like being the talk of town, it would create too much attention towards herself and not in the way she'd like it. His tone was annoying, but she had heard worst than him.

"I would rather not be kissed by you in anyway, even if I was dead. You obviously don't know me every well, I don't like rumors and what tale would there be to tell really? All I'd like to know about you is if you were born here. Why can't you tell me something that simple? It's not like I asked for your name, unless you want to tell me that as well."

The Shadoweaver's eyes go to the larger blade, widening very slightly knowing that it could be a deadly weapon. But of course to anyone -other- than him. Without even thinking, he reaches his hand out to her, wishing to hold the blade. "So you're calling me a fool? Right to my face, well, you have lots of guts. It's a shame I won't be spilling them all over your bed -tonight-." The throaty chuckle echoes around the enclosed space. For a moment, The Shadoweaver thinks of how quickly he could have striked in that quick moment she reached over to grab that flimsy blade to his eyes. The chuckle only gains in volume but settles down quickly, not wishing to wake the whole castle up.

"I wouldn't -actually- kiss you. Too many risks!" He snaps, shaking his head at such an idea. "The kiss of death is what I meant. The kiss of a killer..." He waves his hand in the air, "Nevermind," grumbling beneath his breath. "Celestial Kingdom is not my birthplace, no." Comes his true voice after long moments of contemplating while looking out at the moon through the glass window. "Shouldn't it be obvious? My reign of terror started a year ago, before that I didn't step a single foot into the blue eyed kingdom." He gets up from the chair slowly, "You already know my name." He tells her, waiting to see the confusion on her face.

His laugh resonated in her ears, somewhat amused by what she had said to him, because he kind of gave her a compliment. Yet that thought was thrown out when he said he wouldn't be spilling her blood. He explained what he meant by a kiss, but he soon started to jumble his words before stopping what he was saying about it. Watching him get up out of the chair, Lily looked at him for a moment wondering what he meant by she knew he name. "The only name I know that is yours is The Shadoweaver, what other name could I possibly know?" Getting up from her bed, she went up to him for a second to get a better look of his eyes. "You know, your voice and eyes are something I won't forget. Don't think I won't look for you later on, unless you choose to visit me again." Thinking for a moment, she smirked to herself as she turned her back towards him. "I have a challenge for you.. I would love to see you enter the castle during a gathering we are having soon. It is for my 20th birthday, of course it is a masquerade so masks are allowed. It's your choice to come or not."

When she questions him with her gaze, The Shadoweaver only lessens the space between the two. One silent step after another he closes in on her but she turns away before he even has the option to reach out. Turning to the window, he strides across the room, looking out onto the rooftops of the kingdom and the wall that encases her home from his. The large stones were hard enough to get over this time, how was it possible to get out safely? Quickly calculating his answer from measuring distances internally, he swings around and turns back to Lily who was still talking.

"Did you say something about a masquerade?" Placing a hand to his masked chin, the black shillouette closes in on Lily once again. "Can you dance?" He questions her, sounding more like an order by the way he projected his tone. It was forceful and yet not loud enough to be heard outside of the room. To be honest, it was most likely the same tone he used with his victims before ending their so called 'suffering of life'. At least that's how The Shadoweaver thinks of it all. He is doing them a favor.

With a gusto to his persona, he offers her the hand that just touched his chin, palm facing up to the sky. Gloved fingers look as if he were holding a ripe orange or some rounded fruit in his hand, waiting for her hand to take up that space. Was he asking her to dance? Then his words come to her ears...

"That's a grand order. The daughter of a -King- asking to have The Shadoweaver at her 20th birthday. What do you plan to do? Finally be the one to lure me out of hiding and turn me in? I'll have a fate worse than death, you aren't that cruel are you? You cannot possibly believe that I, The Shadoweaver, would willingly fall into this trap of yours. Pah! You think me so foolish."

When she doesn't move at first, he curls his fingers into the palm of his hand, motioning her closer to him. Egging her to take his offered hand. Even though she could not see it on his face, perhaps she could feel the smile in those unique eyes.

Hearing his question, she laughed to herself quietly thinking that he didn't know much about those who were born into royalty. It's insulting for those born into wealth not to know how to dance, even simplest of dances was even more insulting. Noticing something move to the side of her, she looked over to see his hand out towards her as if he was asking her to dance. The word 'trap' caught her attention as he spoke about her suggestion. "Do you really think I'd set up a trap when the idea is purely for my amusement? I want to see if you can really do it, I'll even put a fake name onto the list for you, so I will know if you took the challenge or not."

Turning around to face the eyes of the male, who invaded her room so easily, Lily could only watch as his eyes slowly curl just a bit to reveal that he was smiling. Bringing her gaze down to his hand again, she slowly reached out towards it before pulling her hand back to herself, not wanting to take anymore chances with this man. "I think it's time that you leave. I do have to sleep in order to plan for my party tomorrow." With her back facing him again, she made her way to the bed, listening for him to leave now. He didn't have any more reason to be there and it was only a matter of time before someone noticed guards missing. "Goodnight Shadoweaver."

With those last words escaping her lips, Lily went over to her dresser to pull out something more appropriate to sleep in, waiting for him to leave. As she did, it almost felt as if time stop.

Noting Lily's rejection of his hand, The Shadoweaver figured as much would happen. She at least reached out for it. It was a small chance of getting to feel her body underneath the thin layer of her nightgown. "I think a Princess could do anything. Your looks only add to the deceit. I know your kind! You would gladly let me hang or rot in a prison." Anger builds but he noticeably tries to calm himself down while speaking, pausing and letting out a deep breath. "You're lucky I have self control." He spits at her, knowing he should have ended her life as soon as he saw her.

Oh how priceless it would have been but The Shadoweaver soon blinks his eyes and he, as fast as a breath of air, moves over to the door, the sound of clicking metal grinding against the wood as he easily shoves the latch open once again. "What name will you give me?" Comes his booming voice once again, speaking from the other side of the open glass window. Feeling an unusual lightness in his chest, he finds himself saying, "Goodnight Princess." before he could even stop himself. At least he didn't give her a yes or a no - it's all still up in the air.

Once knowing the false name he is to give the scribes at the party tomorrow night, he simply turns and leaps to the balcony. From there he steadies his hands and leaps towards the opposite roof, his stomach tightening as the tingles of shock come up through his arms. He -just- made it to the other side. But of course to Lily if she is watching, it looks like that's what he meant to do. Scrambling up from the ledge, he easily stalks a guard a few rooftops down. It took him nearly an hour to get out of the castle grounds, only feeling a rush once he was out of the guards' sight. Once home, he hardly got any sleep, tossing and turning with his shotty woolen blanket over his body.

Do I really trust a Princess with her words?
He ponders aloud, bloodshot eyes wide awake in the morning, his mind still going over every single detail in that exquisite room. His day is spent sleeping, eating and then returning to sleep. Perhaps even mentally preparing himself for the masquerade he plans on going to tonight. One thought did stick with him, she had said that she would -"Don't think I won't look for you later on, unless you choose to visit me again"-. The thought of the Princess looking for him makes him chuckle, the thought of her -finding- him, well, that made him full out rumble with laughter.

"Your name will be Quinn Weaver. I think it suits you.." She said as she heard the balcony door of her bedroom being opened, before he said his final words and exited her room through the same way he came in. Looking back, Lily went over to the glass door, watching the male make his way out of the castle over the wall that separate them from the town. Running her freezing hands over her arms, she thought that taking all those risks resulted into something good. All she wanted to do was see if he'd actually do something as daring as this.

When he disappeared from sight, Lily made her way back to her bed, but sleep was not an option. The visit from the Shadoweaver was somewhat terrifying, yet exciting at the same time as well. Running her fingers through her hair, she closed her eyes after what seemed like forever before exhaustion took over. The next morning, the maid came to the room, waking her from her sleep. Leaning up from underneath her covers, she couldn't believe how early it was and how much sleep that she didn't get last night. That damn Shadoweaver... She thought to herself as she greeted the maid and got up from the bed to talk about the party with her.

The commotion of the day passes, the sun setting under the horizon. Reports were given to the King of a steady increase in crime rate, something he already knew but the numbers still helped. These crafty devils are stepping up their game. Stepping into the shoes of The Shadoweaver like little minions, doing his bidding and even giving out different colored ribbons of their own now. The Shadoweaver, pleased with the outcome, wakes up from his daytime nap and witnesses the sun setting under the horizon. Nighttime now blankets the forest. His followers will join him in the party but oh, no, they won't go through the front door like any idiot would. Their climbing ground is with The Shadoweaver's playground now, the rooftops of both the town and the castle.

"Quinn Weaver." The Shadoweaver repeats, hating the name, spite to the Princess shown as he spits. "She really knows how to pick awful names." Bringing a hot hand to his head, the thought of going right into that castle makes him sweat. For once, The Shadoweaver is shaking in his boots, actually frightened for a moment. Then rationality swoops in and slaps him in the face. His men will be around - sabotaging the party if anything should go wrong. Leo was not stupid. There is no way he would walk into this trap willingly.

Dinnertime was spent getting dressed in his best commoners clothes, sprucing himself with the smell of spices and other good smells he could steal from the houses around him. Taking some dye from the tailor's shop, he dyes his hair black, masking his true hair color. He doesn't even trust the Princess with such valuable information. A man with amber eyes and his looks is scarce already, he might as well take precaution with his inch or two of his jagged hair. Once again, he steals a mask from some random citizen as they make their way to the party. It is easy! Lying right next to him in the stopped cart.

His heart doesn't stop its constant beating as he makes his way closer and closer to the stone walls. "This is it men, wish me luck." The Shadoweaver tells the band of masked men behind him who will come through the unguarded entrances of the castle and cover him. Slipping down the roof into a nearby hallway, he repeats the name over and over in his head, even mumbling it at times under his breath. Will I make it through the night? He wonders, waiting on the long line of guests, his hand covering the hidden blade strapped to his hip as well as two more on his legs.

Doing something he rarely does, The Shadoweaver -smiles- at the man, the mask covering everything except his chin, lips and eyes. The strong steel underneath the cloth makes The Shadoweaver uncomfortable but he says his name, watching with shaking fingers as the man looks on the list for this alias of his. The mask looking like such more or less, it's more faded and worn: (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DU7tFbo8n...Y/EUnSv78_Wvc/s1600/Bauta+Terminator+Mask.jpg)
Entering the castle leaves The Shadoweaver in somewhat of a shock, never seeing something so grand. He almost forgets about his hatred towards this family and to this kingdom. Blinking he shakes his head, forcing himself back on track. He searches for the Princess relentlessly. The sooner he introduces himself, the better he will feel and the sooner he can get out! It's not like she expects him to stay. The challenge is for him to get in, prove to her that he is the best out there and then leave. Easy, simple and effective.

During the day, the princess had watched over the preparations of the party making sure every detail was perfect and nothing was out of place and though she was focused on this, her thoughts kept reminding her that the Shadoweaver may make an appearance at the party that night. It was now time for the party, the King was greeting all the royals who had come to the party from other Kingdoms while her brother was mingling among all the beautiful women, like he did at any other party. Lily, however, was still up in her bedroom. Staring into the mirror at the dress that her maid had designed for her, from the fabric she brought the other day. The rich crimson color of the dress with her fair skin, brought out the beauty that she didn't see when she dressed normally.

Thanking the maid as she slipped on her mask on, Lily was very pleased that tonight, may be more interesting than she had originally planned for it to be. Finishing up, the princess made her way down to the ball room, where everyone was waiting for her to arrive even the Shadoweaver himself. The maid notified her father of her arrival into the room, before he took a step on to the stairs only a few feet from the door that she would enter from

"Excuse me everyone!" He interrupted. "Tonight is a night of celebration for my beautiful daughters' 20th​ birthday. The day that she becomes a woman of the royal family, no longer a princess, but a soon to be Queen like her mother." Raising his glass into the air, he then continued with his speech. "It saddens me to know that my late wife wasn't able to celebrate such a night with her, but I know that even now she is watching our only daughter and is proud of her more than anyone else here today." As she was listening through the door, Lily had to stop herself from tears falling. Though her mother was restrict about teaching her how to be a fine woman, she always listened to her problems and taught her that it was never wrong to fight for those who couldn't fight for themselves.

"And now the woman we are all here for, my beautiful daughter, Lily!" He announced to everyone as the doors opened to reveal her, stepping through the entryway with a smile to greet everyone who could see her. The applause of the guests were so loud it echoed through the room as everyone began to quiet down. Taking a glass of champagne, she thanked her father with a hug and kiss upon the cheek before her brother came up to receive the same thanks. "I'm grateful to everyone of you attending my party. Please enjoy the night." Clinking her glass with her family, Lily then took a quick sip and then slipped away into the sea of people.

Greeting and chatting with those that came up to her, music played through the hall for those who were dancing. It was a great night so far, but all that she was curious about was the Shadoweaver. As she was thinking, she was soon interrupted by one of the heirs of a nearby Kingdom. "Miss Lily, happy 20th​ birthday. Now you are a full fledged woman, not that you weren't one before though. All that is left is finding a suitor." He smiled at her as he took her hand, gently placing a kiss upon the back of her hand, before releasing it. "Yes that is true, Sir Thomas. But I'd rather do something else than becoming someone's prize for a way to take the Kingdom from my family."

The sweet air of the room, the mixing of perfumes and herbal fragrances, makes The Shadoweaver quite sick to his stomach. Never before had he been surrounded by so many nobles. Never before had he been so close to the King. It takes the utmost control not to slither through the crowed and stab him right here. He knew that his men would cover him. The sick scenario plays over and over again in his mind, the black ink from the tailor dribbling down his temple under his mask. The whole night he would be perspiring, knowing that it was only a matter of time before he would have to greet Lily. Meandering through the crowed of people, he comes within ten feet of the King, the blades taunting his true purpose of being here. A girl or a King?

Within a blink of an eye, The Shadoweaver found himself turning towards the announcer. The projected words bellowing from his throat. His amber eyes settle upon Lily as she makes her entrance, even clapping his bare hands together. He has on a navy dyed doublet with no sleeves. But, his arms are not bare, out comes a tunic from those sharp shoulder's, the rough cloth tight against his skin. There his muscles would show their power.

Once he forces himself not to look at Lily for too long, he makes his way through the crowed but in the opposite direction of where Lily is. Taking the time to scout out his surroundings, he makes sure he knows all the exits. A proper assassin is always prepared, his eyes pinpointing easily leapt to beams, chairs, breakable windows, the veranda exit and, of course, the impassible exits to the other parts of the castle. His only option would be to climb up and hope to God they didn't have crossbows or longbows.

The night draws on and he sees Lily conversing with, no doubt in his mind, someone very noble. No, not noble but a Prince. Oh how sweet this is! Comes the mocking tone in his voice, now making his way over to Lily. With a careful step and sidestep, he ends up diagonally behind her. Those amber eyes search this so called Prince, in his mind, of noticeable strengths and weaknesses. Weapons? Power? The bare hand comes right to Lily's small of her back, the warm fingers caressing the fabric there. Her back is facing the wall, no one able to see where his hand truly is. To many onlookers, his arm just looks like it's at his side. The man's shoulder even brushes against hers, the distance between them miniscule.

"Indeed, Princess Lily," Comes his honeyed voice, "Happy 20th and you ought to find yourself a man who can protect you." He doesn't seem to care about the look on Thomas' face as he just cuts right into the conversation. It makes him feel powerful, altering whatever chatter they may have onto his playing field.

Feeling a hand upon her back, Lily looked over her shoulder to meet the ember eyes that she was very familiar with. Smiling at him, she placed her hand upon his arm to remove it from her back, keeping her hand where it was. "Oh. Sir Thomas, this is a good friend of mine. Sir Quinn Weaver. Quinn, this Thomas." Smirking in the direction of 'Quinn' as she said his name. "Though our chat was very interesting, I would like to have a dance with my friend now." Thomas watched as Lily dragged the other male by the sleeve onto the dance floor of the hall to dance like she had said.

Once at the floor, she moved her hand up to his shoulder while the other intertwined his hand with her own. "I'm glad you could make tonight's event." She slowly moved when he began to lead the dance, following those who were dancing as well. "Do you plan to leave soon or later?" She whispered into his ear as she closed the space between the two of them.

Not believing that this is happening, The Shadoweaver, or Quinn from now on, lets out a low breath of air. Not seeming to care for Thomas' company, he lets the royal know that right away, not holding anything back. Spiteful eyes lock onto Thomas' as he offers him a half of a bow, "I'll keep her safe," Quinn reports, his voice altered in the slightest way. As he walked around, he picked up the most interesting one out of the bunch and tried it on for size. Not feeling comfortable revealing his true voice until he is sure they are alone. "Enjoy yourself on this delightful evening,... sir." The words, such elegance and proper fashion, boy it makes Quinn's stomach go for a spin.

"Someone is the life of the party is seems, well considering it's all for you. I'm glad I could attend. Issues on the West end have risen up, almost stopping me from coming to this delightful party. But! As you said, Lily," He didn't even ask her if it's alright to call her by her first name, assuming since they are such good friends, he has the right on principle, "It would be a challenge to get in. Even harder if I weren't a snob such as Quinn Weaver. Your friend." With those words, he starts to dance, leading with the proper footing.

For an assassin, he is spectacular! So light on his feet and aware of his surroundings. He is doing all the work, those amber spheres coming to rest on Lily's. "It's your evening - you need to keep your head on. And for God sakes, stop staring at me with those abashed eyes." With an easy movement, he tightens his grip on her, even taking the liberty to spin her around as he speaks in his low tone. "Of course I would come. How could I resist such an opportunity. Now Lily, what would you have me do?" He has no problem holding her tightly against him, weaving in and out of people as they chop up their conversation as they move. Sadly it is not just a normal dance, they would have to switch partners for a few measures and then move back.

"And - might I add. You look ... pretty tonight." The words are forced from his throat, regretting his words as soon as he says them. But like any good assassin, he has to wear the mask he has been dealt. That's something one of these high and mighty swamp-rats would say, right? He thinks to himself, the smile anything but genuine. To keep up with the dance, he lets go of her and moves perfectly through the mass of dancers to meet up with his other partner. His eyes hardly on her. Once they come back together again, he doesn't say a word until she does.

Lily smiled to herself as he mentioned the look that she was giving him. It was pleasing to know that he did something that could mean him getting caught, but that was something she didn't want because that would mean that she wouldn't have something new to look forward to anymore. Following his lead as they dance, it was surprising how well he could dance, actually it made her think about it. "You dance well for an assassin.." She whispered into his ear after he mentioned that she looked pretty, knowing that he was forcing himself to make such comments to her.

Switching through partners after those last words, Rondell watched his sister closely from afar, noting that she seemed to be very close to this unknown man that she had began dancing with. Rondell mingled with the women with eyes still focused on his sister and young looking male, he was sure that he would talk with him alone whenever his sister was out of sight. Arriving back to Quinn, Lily quickly curtsied to the man and walked around him, expressing to him that she was going to have a drink. Walking over to the tables full of tasteful delights, Lily picked up a glass of wine, standing close to him as she spoke so only he could hear what she was saying.

"Being nice to me doesn't suit you at all, but I will admit watching you force yourself is quite amusing." She took a sip of the wine. "All I ask of you is to enjoy yourself, I have no plans for you to be captured. To be honest, it would make me a little sad because then I wouldn't have the chance to search for you myself without anyone to help." Before she could ask him something, she felt a hand upon her bare shoulder. It was Thomas, looking back between Lily and Quinn, disliking the closeness of the two. "You danced beautifully out there, Miss Lily. Though I wish your partner had been me." He said glaring the Quinn, showing obvious signs of hate to him. "Oh I'm sorry, but I had promised Quinn the first dance."

Hearing her comment to him about dancing well, he smirks, saving his comment back to her for when they are together again. Feeling unwanted eyes on him, Quinn chews lightly on his lip before lifting his head high and not showing signs of fear but rather the opposite. To anyone watching, he seems to have a wonderful time dancing with the Princess. Oh yes, to him indeed it has been a wonderful experience. Never before had he been so close to someone and actually let them live. It seems she is the first one to slip from his bloody fingers.

Bowing before Lily, Quinn quickly shadows her as she makes her way to the table, starting to sip her red wine. "I dance well because I am great at improvising. And! Being light on my feet. It's a skill I need." He whispers into her ear, the usual cockiness of his coming back to light. With a flash of a grin, he clears his throat and speaks louder, showing off a cracked smile as he pretends to chuckle at something she said. "Oh that is a rich comment, Lily." He says loudly, not daring to take his own drink. "Dancing with you is like floating on a cloud. Smooth, swift and relaxing. I would like nothing better then to dance again as the evening draws on. Later indeed."

Dropping his voice once again, those amber eyes glance at Thomas making his way to them. "So you think me an object of your pleasure? Something fun to do? Running around and trying to find The S--" He pauses, Thomas coming into hearing range over the constant music and chattering, not to mention the cheering and liveliness ringing through the castle. "And that is why I have been away for so long." He announces proudly, pulling at one side of his collar and adjusting it before glancing to Thomas.

"She was just telling me what a great dancer I am. Well, it takes teamwork to really make it worth while. Isn't that right, Lily?" Just to annoy Thomas, he brings his hand up to brush her cheek, moving a strand of hair from her eyes as he continues, "It was delightful to dance with you, my dear, but shouldn't you honor your -guest- here with his dance. I'm sure it won't be as spectacular but, he will try. Find me when you're done. I wish to continue our conversation."

When Quinn's hand brushed against her cheek lightly to move strands of hair out of the way, Lily was very surprised by the sudden touch, but didn't show it for him or Thomas to see. "Well then I will see you later Quinn." She said as she led Thomas away from the male and to the dance floor, where other guests were dancing together. Getting into dancing position with him, they stayed close together because he wouldn't let her wander off too soon. "You and this Quinn person seem to be very close, why haven't I heard about him before from you?" He asked curious about their relationship. "I don't like to discuss my friends with people who don't know them, plus Quinn doesn't liked to be talked about."

As they danced, Lily was beginning to get to bored of their conversations that weren't going anywhere and the way his hands kept moving over her body wasn't helping either. When the music started to die down, she excused herself from the floor to get away from Thomas as much as she could, but that probably wouldn't last long since he seemed to find her within a few minutes. Figuring that he would look around the room, she made her way out onto the balcony, where it was quiet and no one else was out there except herself.

'I can't wait to sleep tonight.. I'll probably sleep most of the day tomorrow, unless I'm disturbed like I was last night.' Referring to her sleep being interrupted by a certain person.

(Sorry it's short.)

As soon as Thomas lead Lily away from them, the feeling of unwanted eyes stings the back of Quinn's neck. He knows that someone is keeping their eye on him. Trying not to frown or lob a knife in the direction of the floating eyes, Quinn immediately slinks his way into the mass of chattering nobles. The saliva wets his mouth as he once again gets so close to the King that he could literally see the dirt underneath his fingernails from the chicken he had eaten earlier. Not to mention, smell it on his breath for the stench carries well around his weight. The hues of color brush past him and he doesn't even notice those who try and stop him for a chat. His arms still feel warm from her embrace. This new feeling grips his gut, not being used to other people's body warmth or location so close to his own. Well, if they had been, they would be dead moments later and left to rot away as a cold corpse.

The graceful music echoes in his head, his feet wanting to skip around and keep dancing. A few ladies catch his eye and if this were any other night, he would move up to them and lavishly coat them with his charm, making them blush. Not tonight for he is too paranoid about a guard grabbing him by the arm and dragging him to the dungeons. Now is when his throat grows dry, unable to speak for he is worried the same fate would come to him that came to the foolish ones under him. Those who let themselves be captured. The Shadoweaver doesn't accept loss - he only takes it as a motivation to better himself. Each and every time the Kingdom captures one of his men, he kills as many guards as he can muster on that night. His allies think it's his way of coping with the loss, knowing any prisoner is a dead man. There is no bail nor a cushiony punishment in store. It's a cold stone floor, moldy food, and chains linked from iron.

Needing a breath of fresh air, Quinn slips out onto the balcony, sure to draw the curtains just a little bit more towards the center as he exits. To anyone watching, the velvet would just ripple from his touch. A trained eye has the slight chance of seeing his hand come out and grip the fabric, having it sway in his direction as he shuts the glass door behind him. Here, in the quiet of the courtyard, there is a large square balcony with decor littered in the stonework and steps leading down to the gardens to his right. Feeling the cold brush against his face, he moves to the dark corner on the left hand side. Looking down and to the right, he removes his mask, keeping it within his hands as for a quick replacing. With the sleeve of his shirt he wipes the grime from his face and the perspiration there. Out of the corner of his eye, he catches the light changing shape, a shadow being drawn to the window. Putting the mask back on, he turns around to face whoever clicks open the glass pane.

Those tense shoulders of his relax once he studies and is sure that it's Lily he is talking with. For all the money he has, he would have sworn it was a guard or worse, her brother. For that man, The Shadoweaver knows, would be obligated to speak with this Quinn fellow and therefore, he would have to speak to her brother in return. He cannot be rude as to keep up his charming appearance. His family is, after all, hosting the event. "Did you have a nice dance?" He asks cooly as soon as she closes the door behind her. Not being able to tell if there are couples walking on the garden path, The Shadoweaver keeps up this 'Quinn' appearance. Being polite, a friend and a true 'gentleman'. "I'm sure that Thomas fellow is all good company as a gentleman should be." She can see by the look on his face that he would rather see Thomas dead at the end of his blade than have to speak with that man again. "He will be looking for you, you know. His eyes scream his desire to have you. I have made him jealous... fancy that. A man you -just- met making this friend of yours jealous."

As Lily was closing the door with her back turned towards the male who spoke to her, making her jump in surprise and almost fright, thinking it may have been Thomas. Turning around to see who the voice was coming from, she sighed in relief to find that it was Quinn standing behind her. Placing a hand over her chest, she left out breath from the relief of seeing him instead of the other as she walked over to the railing of the balcony, leaning her back up against it. "It was fine, but you were a lot better I have to say." She said as she reached behind her head, untying the ribbon that held the mask up to her face and laying down on the railing beside her.

Listening to him talk about Thomas having desire for her and becoming jealous of the most wanted man in the Kingdom made her giggle a little thinking that both were amusing. "Thomas has desired since the first time we met, but he isn't a person I could love. If there is a male who can make me fall head over heels for him by doing small gestures or thoughtful things, then he is the only one I will desire. And Thomas being jealous of you is quite a sight, I've never seen him jealous before in all honesty." She said to him as she rubbed her arms a bit when a cold wind caressed her bare back.

Status
Not open for further replies.