Strange Occurrence in Celestial Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the sun could rise completely over the Kingdom, a few more guards were killed and The Shadoweaver seeks his shelter in the fresh water caverns beneath the city. Once there, him and his allied men, all called to meeting with notches carved on sides of certain buildings in a certain place, speak quietly about Lily's position and rule over the Kingdom. A man that The Shadoweaver admires greatly brings up the point of assassinating the Queen herself, showing that no one is guiltless and they, their whole group, cannot be stopped. They've been having some fun with a few Lords and Ladies lately, invading homes and killing them in their sleep. But to The Shadoweaver, all is well. He finds no issue with his league's preference when dealing with Celestial Kingdom.

"No." Is all he whispers, "She, like her father, must have a trial period. If we receive reports of continued death, famine, and poor spirits, we will strike. But until then, men, we continue our barrage upon the King, or soon to be adjunct King, of this Kingdom. He is the reason for this wrongdoing and he himself should pay. I'm already over my head but at least that knight Tarin hasn't come back for Lily. His heart is broken and in the North he will stay to marry some Princess elsewhere. His love wasn't true. I could see it in his eyes, feel it in his heartbeat. He thought of Lily as a possession and nothing more. Now she, as we planned, will play into our game field. Let's see the new dawn rise."

In the past month, Lily has made the Kingdom better even a little bit. Taxes went down tremendously, she was getting help from some Kingdoms who sent over all kinds of foods to grow themselves for others and crime was starting to die down aside from the murders due to the Shadoweavers' men. Sitting in her study, looking through some papers, Lily was trying to figure out some new idea when her brother walks in with a friend of his that she had never met. "Rondell, what do you need?" She asked as she took off the glasses that she had gotten a week ago. The man was in simple terms; tall, dark and handsome.

The guy obviously thought Lily was really attractive and she couldn't deny the same for him. Rondell walked behind his sister, introducing the man as his good friend from the South, Zain. The two had known each other for a while now, but he didn't get the chance to introduce him to Lily. Deciding to take a break, she walked with them out of the study to garden outside to have a talk. It seemed as if Zain and herself had a lot in common, such as goals and what'd they like to happen in the future. Without noticing her brother left them together with a smile on his face, knowing that this was going to be a good match.

Only one month has passed and The Shadoweaver has long left Celestial Kingdom. He scours the countryside, finding that Lily is keeping to her word, large carts of supplies being brought even to that one town on the outskirts of the North. The man, revisiting the town of thieves and lairs, stops to look upon that very same inn that he had taken Lily when he captured her from Tarin's hands. But smelling the beer and hearing the conversations of the drunkards, most of whom give him very, very, strange looks, makes him sick to his stomach. All that has to happen is one person to say or comment upon the wrong issue or even criticize a Queen and he finds himself with his hands shaking violently. How could people who don't know Lily comment about her so freely? It's only been a month and yet they know she is going to fail. It's a strange prospect but The Shadoweaver has faith that she will, perhaps, keep her promises.

Half a year. He reminds himself, leaving the bar without any signs of bloodshed. The rational part of his mind, the finger twitching killer that he has known for so long, is taking a break. For tonight at least. He lets the men talk freely, not slipping a dagger from his cloaked belt into their throats and ceasing all other words. There is no blood. Just drunken spirits and a good night for them. They're more alike than The Shadoweaver gives them credit for. They both kill because it's money. It's when he sits upon a broken wall facing the sea that The Shadoweaver is visited by some unusual company. A man, around his age, props himself against the stone and looks out upon the twilight glowing waves. They splash in heaves against the cliffs below, The Shadoweaver taking careful notation of his mannerisms. He speaks with a Celestial twang to his voice, his eyes sparkling that blue color he knows too well. They remind her of Lily and soon he is looking back towards the sea, forgetting about the wall, the bar, and the man all together.

Two more months go by, Lily continues to make more progress as time goes by. Although she thinks of Leo every now and then, Zain visits her often just to talk whenever she is done with her work. He's a nice man, always telling her stories of his travels to many Kingdoms and his family. He wasn't like the Royals she had known, but he wasn't a Royal by name. He was the illegitimate child of a King and his maid, yet she didn't seem to care because his parents didn't seem to have any problems as he grew up in the castle. When the two of them weren't together, Lily was enforcing her new rules on the Kingdom. A handful of young men, who wanted to fight for the Kingdom, were being trained to protect the people of the towns that they were from.

Lily knew that it was important to keep families together and that's what she was doing. She wanted to make her Kingdom into a safe place that anyone could visit without fear and enjoy themselves, maybe even stay there. Her father had left the castle since he handed his position over to her, staying in a smaller castle deep in the woods to rest for the next few years. Every week, she visits him, bring him gifts that he loved. In her new large bedroom, Lily stops to think about Leo as she walks out onto the balcony. Wondering what he's doing and if he's doing alright away from Julio, since they were so close.

The Shadoweaver ponders traveling far away from civilization but he knows that such events will only make him think upon Lily. So he moves to Galkhan, an island in the center of a straight. There he knows he will be isolated and free from all attempts at returning to Celestial Kingdom - even though it's a long ways inland. The fact that he is on an island, white sandy beaches and tiki huts, makes it all worth his while. The Shadoweaver doesn't kill for these peaceful tribesmen accept him with open arms. And therefore the killer finds his peace. The rolling waves help him understand the world, keeping a careful eye out for news upon the Kingdom that lies so far, yet so close, from here.

But that itchy finger of his cannot be subdued. Soon, he finds himself waking up with night sweats, his blood craving such satisfaction from bodies dropping to the floor under his influence. It's a frivolous game he plays yet one that the assassin cannot ignore. That night he collects his arms and takes a boat to the mainland. He curses himself for allowing such foolishness to ruin his life. He will have to train and with his eyes settling upon Celestial Kingdom, he knows it will provide the perfect prowling ground. After all, he has to keep a first hand experience in what Lily is doing for the Kingdom. His furtive efforts are successful as he ascends the walls of the Kingdom, slipping back into his run down inn to start his old life once more. Tomorrow, he knows, he will visit Julio and just make sure the lad is well. The tribe will be making their way north for the winter months - easily giving Leo access to their tents and lives. But tonight, he will sleep.

Lily and Zain had parted ways as he went back to home, promising to come back once he was finished doing what he needed to do. Two months had passed since they parted, Lily was working on a new idea that had came to her mind while she was looking through some books. It was something her grandfather was working on before he passed away, a way to help all those who lived in his Kingdom. It talked about having a peaceful Kingdom with little to no violence, all children got an education at a school built by Celestial Family and families lived a better life with great healthcare. This is what Lily had been looking for since she became Queen and now she's found it.

"Mirami," The Shadoweaver whispers, parting the folds to a skin tent so that he may sneak inside, "Mirami!" he utters louder, trying to catch the sleeping native's ear. There is a stirring upon the grassy bed, heavy lids opening to reveal sparkling brown eyes. Oh she looked so much like her sister. It's been two months since he had left the precious fortification Galkhan - the island in the sea. "Do not be frightened, Mirami, it's Kalk, it's only Kalk. Your brother-in-law." At such words, the native woman pulls him into her shaking arms, small huffs releasing from her chest.

"Teik zeop tergon seillo, Kalk," she holds tighter to her dear brother, soft tears coming down her face, "Ickbenko, Kalk. Ickbento." The Shadoweaver pulls his face from her shoulder, his lips lingering there in a long kiss before departing. It's a sign of respect, a one of the greatest love and Mirami hugs him tighter, her breath uneven. "Zelo? Kalk, zelo uranje kbame?" he does not answer her words but simply sways upon his knees, her embrace loosening so that she can pull back and look into his eyes. His hair has grown out once more, falling over his eyes in thick strands. Mirami, her fingers running through such tousled strands leans in to kiss him upon the mouth, showing her respect in return.

"I told you I would return, Mirami. I'm going to free you from this place. Would you like to come with me? I know a great home for you to live within. You won't have to pleasure these disgusting men any longer. You can be, and will be, your own woman. Come, gather your things. I'm taking you home. You can become what I am, fighting for your life by the nights watchful gaze. We'll be together and you, sweet darling you, will be able to see Julio. Her little Julio." his head dips down and she brings it to her own breast, fingers wide across the back of his skull. Silently, she thanks him, kissing his head much like a mother would.

"I ... like that, Kalk," she mutters out, bringing her lips to his once more, "take me. Take me... from... here."

After finding the plan created by her grandfather, Lily spent a lot of her time putting this plan into action and every couple of days, she'd visit the town to see if everything was still doing well. Lily had asked some of the best builders in the town to help her create the school for children as well as fix up all the homes, offering the pay them a large amount of gold for all their hard work. As the men were working, she then began to focus on finding amazing doctors around the Celestial Kingdom that wouldn't mind helping out the many ill townspeople in the Kingdom. It had been weeks and she had met with many doctors that promised to help those who were ill and to pass on their teachings to an apprentice or two in the town they will be staying in. Deciding to take a rest, Lily went up to her bedroom to get some sleep when Rondell knocked at her door with a request in mind.

Talking for a few minutes, her brother spoke with her about the what they could do about the Shadoweavers' men, who were causing them trouble in the Kingdom. The young men were soon going to return from the training camp they had spent several months at to learn how to protect their towns from harm. She couldn't believe that it had been months already since the men had gone to the camp, yet she felt sending them up against the Shadoweavers' followers was asking them too much. Excusing himself from the room, Lily took this time to think it over before resting in her soft bed.

The next day the Shadoweaver comes to town with his dear little Mirami at his side, her height only coming up to his shoulder. Their hands are clasped together, his eyes moving to the castle as soon as the tallest tower is in sight. "It has been a year since I have stepped foot in this Kingdom. Shall we take a walk, Mirami?" Looking down to her, he remembers that she doesn't understand their language and he chuckles, repeating his question in her language and her face brightens. Clad in his brown leather pants and loose white shirt, Leo pulls Mirami closer to him the taller the Castle becomes in their eyes. "I can't bring you inside there," he tells her in her language, annunciating Can't very well.

Then his eyes catch the fluttering colors of the marketplace, Mirami's eyes immediately lighting up. Grabbing his hand again, she pulls him to the middle of the teaming life of the city. The marketplace! Oh it is a sweet greeting once again and Leo can't help but smile, seeing that Mirami is enjoying herself so very much. They look over the various fruits and selections that can be made. Soon, the two of them each have an apple in their hands, chewing on them as they sit on the exact same fountain that he and Lily had sat together on so many months before. His heart, he is well aware, wishes to climb those walls of the castle. He never lost his footing once and he doesn't plan on it any time soon.

"Listen to me, Mirami," he whispers in her language, bringing his face close to hers, "I can bring Julio to you tonight but I have to visit the Queen tonight to ask for permission to bring him from the walls. They are... strict with their rules."

After resting for a few hours, Lily awoke to the night sky. It had been five months since she last saw Leo, but she didn't expect to see him for another month and she was expecting news about Julio coming to castle at some point. Sitting up in her bed before sliding out, she wrapped herself up with her robe, leaving her bedroom to go down to the kitchen for something to eat. As she was in the kitchen making a small meal, someone came up from behind and surprised her out of nowhere. Turning to see who it was, Lily relaxed the moment she saw who it was. "Zain, you scared me." She said as she put her hand over the chest to calm her heart.

Zain laughed at her reaction before explaining why he was there. "I finished with my work and I thought I'd visit you and your brother for a bit. We were talking when I thought I'd get something to drink, then I saw you." They talked for some time before letting Zain go back to her brothers' room. Quickly eating the meal she made, Lily went back up to her room go over the plan some more until she got tired again.

After a whole day of eating and speaking with his sister-in-law, Leo can't help but feel an odd attraction to her. She looks so much like her sister and every single time he looks into her eyes, he expects to see the knowledge of the one he loves. Yet, when her gaze meets his, Leo doesn't see a story, he sees the beginning of a book. The cover. But Leo is no fool, he won't break his trust with Ruth just yet and sleep with her sister. That would be a defiance of all he is fighting for. Wouldn't it be? But Lily, oh that sweet blue eyed girl, what is he going to do about her?

Ruthei would be happy with what I am doing. Saving her sister from the likes of unwanted men. They were torturing her, killing her slowly because they wanted the child. They always want the children. Their minds are so moldable, like soft clay in an artists' hands. Forgive me, Ruth, if I make any wrong turns. You are, after all, the love of my life. Still. Even if I have fallen for a Princess. Forgive me, Ruth, forgive me.

Filled with his own confidence, Leo dawns his black attire, strapping the teeth of daggers to his waist. "Stay here, Mirami, I will be back shortly. These daggers keep me safe. The guards don't really like me, understand?" with a nod, he kisses the top of her head, letting her sleep in his bed until he may return. He is off but in no way will he be running to the queen. Instead, he charges on stolen horseback from the city, knowing exactly where Julio is. It's only a two hour ride, Leo convincing his warden to allow him to see his father. With no other bridges between them, Julio now rests at Leo's chest, the two talking of their plans. It's true that it's more business than anything else but as Leo rides, he finds himself actually caring for this boy. He has gone against all of his protocols and he curses himself for it.

You see what became of ties? Leo reminds himself, looking down to the bouncing hair of the mere boy. It's a shame but it must be done. But the longer they ride, the more of a heart grows in dear Leo. Killing the boy is not an answer. He is the finest spy they have in the Kingdom and Leo knows he needs such allies.

Weeks had passed and the schools were almost ready for children to attend, while many of the houses were now looking better than before. It was all thanks to the people of the towns for putting in so much effort to help others out. The men who went to camp were back home, protecting the people of their towns and the Kingdoms around Celestial were providing them with many agricultural needs. More and more towns in the Kingdom that she was helping were having less famine, deaths and taxation. Lily was improving the Kingdom for the better, but not by herself, with the help of others too. Doctors, that she had hired, were already in almost all the towns healing the ill. Knowing that this was all going so well, allowed Lily some time to relax in the six month. Rondell, her father, Zain and herself visited many of the towns during her break to oversee what was going on and how everyone was adjusting to their lives.

Lily and Zain had gotten closer over the time, soon developing strong feelings for each other. Neither ready to commit to a marriage, they continue a relationship together deciding that if they can make it last for another six months without having betrayed one another and actually enjoy being together, they would consider possibly moving on to that next step. Lily hadn't forgotten her promise to Leo, but since they have yet to see each other in six months, she couldn't say that her feelings for him in the past were still as strong as they were before. The two of them were different and to her, that seemed to be a big problem for the both of them, because even though they were the same they had different ideas about how things should work.

Leo remembers the season he said goodbye to Lily, kissing her in the alleyway, showing her Ruth's gravestone. He recounts it all and there, not for a moment, is a tingle of regret in his system. The auburn haired man, newly dyed using leather stain, rides into town with Julio sitting against his chest. They ride right to the inn where he keeps shelter and straight up to where Mirami is. Leo, full of love for both of them, finds it hard to say goodbye to his son. And thus, he pleads with Mirami to stay with him for as long as she likes. Wherever he goes, she told him, she will be. They're as close as they know they can get without disturbing Ruth's name in Leo's own heart. Another has already done so. With the setting sun, Leo brings Julio to the castle.

After killing a guard, Julio helps his father into the armor of the sentinel. Without much detection, he holds Julio close and starts to walk through the castle as if he were any other guard. His armor glints and clanks to his footsteps, much like everyone else. He is, after all, a master at blending himself within a crowed. It comes as second nature to him, the armor weighing him down greatly but he manages on what he has seen. They take small steps, getting nowhere particularly fast unless they run. But that's only seen if the alarm bells ring. The Shadoweaver doesn't worry about that, the body of this knight hidden away where no one will find him.

He now searches the castle from top to bottom, attempting to find Lily with his visor down. It will cover his face. "You have to walk now, Julio," he whispers, placing the boy down next to him. The two of them stride down the lantern lit halls, "Do you remember where she likes to reside?" Leo can think of a few places but really wants to include Julio in the process.

Lily and Zain are walking out of the study, discussing what she should do next for the Kingdom. Zain's arm is wrapped around her waist as they walk, leaning over her to see what notes were written down in her notebook and listening to every word that she said about it. This was a common thing for the two of them to do when they were around each other. Zain helped Lily out with several things that she may have needed someone else to do, while she was doing something else. He was dependable and understood why she was doing this. Stopping, just before they had to make a turn to her bedroom, Zain kissed her gently upon the forehead and said a few words to her before he left. "I promise to be back later tonight, Rondell asked me to go hunting with him." Saying bye to each other, she watched him from behind, before entering her bedroom.

So far so good. Things are going really well for the Kingdom and all I need to address is the Shadoweaver and his men issue. She thought, taking her hair down from the bun that it was in. Letting her hair fall to her shoulders, fingers combing through it to untangle it. Seeing that it was the sixth month of their agreement, Lily expected to see him within this month, but didn't know when or why he'd be visiting her. All she knew was that when they did see each other, she'd talk to Leo about killings to see if they would cease.

With Julio's assistance, The Shadoweaver makes his way to her room, knowing that it's the best option for her to be in. Julio immediately runs to the even larger bed, flinging himself on the covers and rolling around in the vastness of the size. The room decked out with a fireplace, large desk, chandelier, veranda, walk in wardrobe. Luckily, when he opens the door, the room is dark and misleading. Since he isn't in his regular flexible leather clothing, The Shadoweaver is nearly sweating his worry out of every pour of his body. Moving to the bathroom, he washes his face in the bin then dries his face off with one of her towels before throwing it near the wash bin. He misses the connection between her and Zain.

"How long do we have to wait here, Leo?" Julio asks, his form growing from month to month, let alone a whole year. He nearly looks like a different boy all together but his eyes, those kind eyes, are just as Lily will know them. The Shadoweaver thinks about turning around and nearly slapping the boy for not addressing him correctly. When they are alone, he is not Leo. He just sighs, adjusting the armor glinting in the setting sun. The panes of her window, out to an even bigger veranda than her previous room, curve over Leo's armored form. When he hears the door open, knowing where the Queen sleeps and where the Princess resided, Leo doesn't move from his spot. Julio is the first to speak.

"Princess Lily!" he squirms off of the bed, playing his part. Leo doesn't move, his arms clasped behind his back much like Tarin used to when he was in deep thought. But this, by his size and statue, is not Tarin. His armor is too plan. Normal. Usual. Not fancy with wolves and small embroidery into the steel. No. Leo wanted to blend in as much as he can. With the barbute helmet sitting on her desk, Leo stares out to the pink horizon.

"Now, now, Julio," he whispers, tisking his son, "What do we call her now?"

Julio, immediately noticing his mistake, bows before Lily before flinging himself at her, "Queen Lily, forgive me. Don't chop my head off."

"That would be, after all, most unfortunate," comes the melodic voice from the armored figure, his back still facing the two of them.

When Lily looked up to see a familiar young boy, she immediately sees that it is Julio with the back of an armored facing to her. Placing her hand under his head, she lifts it up and wraps her arms around him, bringing him into a tight embrace. "You don't have to call me that, you address me as Lily, unlike someone who isn't going to at least face me after so long." Laughing, she pulls back from Julio moving his hair out of his face, getting a good look at the boy. "You've grown so much in such a short time."

Putting her papers on the table near the window, she turns Leo around in the armor and smiles up at him. "I see you've changed quite a bit as well, but there is a lot I'd like to speak with you about." She says to him, taking a seat at the table. Lily was happy to see the two of them here, but she was lucky that Zain didn't come into the room with her.

"What brings you here today?" She asked, wondering if he was going to ask if Julio could return, even though he should already know the answer.

He flicks his auburn hair from his eyes, the shaggy cut done by himself when he dyed his own hair. The amber eyes of his turn from the window, admiring the curtain and such before merely staring for a lengthy time at Lily. It has been, after all, too long. She has grown into her face more and he can smell another scent upon her. Has she married another? He asks himself internally, his brows knitting slightly as he thinks the thought over. No. If she were married, her husband King would have followed her in here. It's nothing he can't handle. A king is nothing without a weapon. His sword lies at his hip, the armor clinking as he walks over to Lily.

"I am giving you your kitchen boy back," Leo practically whispers, leaning over the open books and papers fluttering over the desk, "because I know you will take great care of him, isn't that true?" Not waiting for her to answer, he plays his part while he walks over to his son who propped himself back up on the bed, "That is no place for you, young squire," Leo jokes, a smile, a real genuine smile, coming across his lips. Julio laughs, twisting around as Leo tickles him through plated fingers. An eruption of giggles fills the room, causing the lighthearted Leo to keep the smile upon his face.

"But what about Mirami?" he asks once he catches his breath, "can see too stay at the castle? Please, I don't want to be separated from her. I love her as you do, father. Don't make us part ways. I need her. I need a mother. Please!" Leo closes his eyes, knowing this would come. He presses a finger to Julio's lips and silences the boy from speaking any further.

"Ask Lily, she is, after all, the Queen of this estate." The both turn around to look at her. If she agrees, as Leo knows she will, Julio hops from the bed and hugs her leg before sprinting out of the room to find Mirami. Leo then, with Julio gone, takes a seat closer to Lily's own chair, their legs nearly touching underneath the table. He scoots himself out so that he may lean an arm upon the wood, his eyes not moving from Lily. "Proceed in your questions, my dear, it's not like we have anyone to disturb us now," his eyes trickle back to the door, observing the room and its expanse, "that is, if you lock the door. Only then will I speak."

Watching as Julio left the room after she agreed to let the woman come to castle, Lily got up from her chair, she locked the door behind him. Sitting back down, her eyes met with his as he sat across from her, waiting for her to ask him a question. "Well it's about all the killings lately. I'd like for them to stop soon, the towns have been getting better and improving continuously." She explains to him, wondering if he'd think about the promise that he made to her several months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.