Strange Occurrence in Celestial Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarin thinks upon her situation, being a Princess locked away in a castle because of this Shadoweaver assassin who is pillaging the streets and causing unrest in the kingdom. Like Lily, he too and is sure that everyone else in the kingdom is wondering, why he kills. There is no specific pattern though most of the times it's civilians not having the guts to kill for themselves. So what do they do? They find Leotritus and he takes care of their problem, seeming to have the reputation for being the only man not to be killed by the Shadoweaver. He must have had some sweet words in order to keep his life - knowing that the Shadoweaver has to have business one way or another. It's because of this man, this bridge between life and death for many, that Lily is not allowed to freely roam the town. Tarin is disappointed by this fact, wanting her to be happy. Genuinely happy. It's her Kingdom too, she should be able to be herself and bond with the commoners. Instead they turn and flee, not wishing to speak to the royals out of fear that the Shadoweaver will kill them.

Looking forward to it, the next two days for Tain are slow as he waits patiently for his wounds to heal. The nurses help him out of bed every so often so that they may walk up and down the middle row of the hospital wing, keeping his strength in his body. There are many times where he practically falls to the floor, his legs having the prickling pain of waking up, causing his knees to go weak. Growing close to the blonde haired nurse, Tarin calls for her company more often just to pass him a book that he can easily reach, just wanting someone to talk to. Knowing Lily has to be busy, he keeps an eye on the open doors, hoping that she will come through to see how he is holding up. She sure has made an impression on him and he looks forward to getting to know her more personal side.

The Shadoweaver on the other hand, is reveling with the gift given unknowingly to him by Lily. Julio also makes errands for the Shadoweaver and in return he gets to keep some of the gold pieces. Being told strictly that if Lily should ask, he has put away the money in a safe spot. If she asks to see it then the money was stolen from him and Julio has to show her the few gold pieces left behind by a "messy thief". Luckily for him, Lily is busy and only takes very short moments to speak with him. Having to be nice, the brown haired boy can't help but be angry at himself after smiling and being all polite to the Princess. His loyalty is with the Shadoweaver and although he doesn't understand why he hates the royal family, that anger is starting to rub off on him. Boy's are so... easily swayed. manipulative, no. But their loyalty can always be changed. Especially when gold is involved. Chuckling, the Shadoweaver goes two days hardly thinking about Lily but using the brainpower for an assault on these new guards. Consider it a warm welcome from his society.

Tarin is indeed there with a few of his men but they're by the gatehouse, idly talking about the events of the three previous days. It's true that the numbers of death have decreased ever since the knight's arrival but the Shadoweaver doesn't let this stop him. Yes, he has to learn how these warriors work before he strikes to his full potential. Tarin looks to the gates as the large wooden doors open, revealing a beautifully lit down and he can't help but gasp a little at such a sight. True, it was dark when he arrived, hardly taking in his surroundings before galloping right to the castle gate. With a hand on his sword, he is dressed as a commoner would be. A gray tunic with a yellow stripe running across his right shoulder and thick lace making X's along his breastbone and the back of his arms. Unmarked black pants and tall reddish knee high boots. She might be able to tell the boots are her brother's pair for the Captain had lost some supplies in the battle, the thieves taking them and fleeing. Turning to Lily as she approaches, his men directing her right to the Captain, he can't help but smile. "Are you prepared for our outing?" His clean shaven lips ask, no hint of a goatee or any facial hair at all.

To Tarin, this day is one of utter importance for it's his chance to walk around the village and really see what this Kingdom has to offer. In the Shadoweaver's case, it's just another day. He wakes up, looks at himself in the cracked mirror, ruffling his hair before pulling on his commoner clothing. How he hates the looseness of the medieval beige but happily wears the bold tan color against his even tanner skin. Dawning a black nottingham hat, he makes sure the feather is poking out of the side before pulling on some tight black pants and his usual boots. Moving into the town, he moves to his usual shop that he rarely works at but his manager is always out or drunk so the man doesn't even notice he is gone. Awaiting a day of dreary peasants asking him for spices, Leo doesn't understand why he keeps coming back. Bringing a small leather bound book with him, he leans back in the spice shop. There is a bell on the door and he can hear if anyone comes in. Jumping from the chair, he will grab the nearest item, whether it be a jar and a shovel and starts to 'work'.

After she was sent to Tarin, she was surprised to see him clean shaven and in her opinion, he looked really handsome without all the facial hair. Dressed in casual clothing, she could tell that the boots were her brothers', but she knew that they had lost supplies on their way to the castle during the fight in the forest. "Yes, I am. I can't wait to get into town." She said as she linked her arm with his, leaving the castle through the gates and heading into town, planning to show him to a few of her favorite places to go while they were there. Several minutes of walking through the forest, they made it into town, where many of the people were going about their every day life. It was refreshing to coming to town for Lily, since she didn't have to stay locked up in the castle all the time because of the Shadoweaver. Lily lead Tarin throughout the town, showing all the popular shops in the area as well as taken him to the orphanage that she visited whenever she was there.

Waving at the kids as they passed by, Lily noticed a small shop she had never been inside before. It seemed to be a shop that provided all sorts of spices for may uses. "Why don't we go in there?" She suggested. As they got closer, she turned the knob of the door and stepped inside, to see someone in the back cleaning doing something. The aroma of the shop hit Lily immediately as she entered, though it was strong, it smelled delicious at the same time. Removing her arm from Tarin's, she looked at the spices lined up on the walls of the shop, wondering what each one was and what could they be used for.

Tarin doesn't let the fact that he is in casual clothing stop him from scanning his surroundings. Unlike the Shadoweaver, he is less paranoid, seeing plenty of people and not caring for them. Others, however, he keeps a close eye on as they pass, thinking the option for them to draw a blade on them is plausible. Weaving through the town, Tarin quickly becomes immersed in the Tudor style houses and the way the town functions. He is shown the marketplace where the most lively of times are the weekends where farmers come from all around to sell their goods and compete with one another. The weekdays, however, are less crowded and therefore the Shadoweaver likes to keep himself away when there is more of a chance for him to be caught. Easily keeping the angle of his arm upright, Tarin lets her slip and in out of shops. Unlike other guards who just hover over her with a stern expression to their face, Tarin actually bends down with her to touch, smell, and taste, certain goods.

Upon arriving at the small spice shop, Tarin thinks nothing of it and holds the door open as Lily clambers into the small wooden shop. Covering the west and east wall there are jars upon jars of spices and already another customer ringing up her bill. Wearing a dark blue dress, Lily would be able to tell that it's one of her most worn ones. She, knowing Leo by his first name, must come here often for she reaches out and touches his shoulder or hand. This time, he winces upon contact with the cut sliced across his bicep but says nothing nor keeps his expression for long. "If you take a look at these, you can see that one has a very airy one compared to the darker leaves, here, smell." Pouring out the crushed leaves that make a fine powder, he lets her bend down and slowly inhale. Upon hearing the doorbell chime open, Leo looks up and blinks, smiling in welcome to the two. "Welcome! Feel free to browse the shelves as you wish and ask me if you need help ringing something up."

Externally, he seems kind and helpful but oh, on the inside he is a mess. No attire could hide the fact that she -is- Lily. "Berns!" He shouts to the back room with reluctance in an answer. The fat fool is most likely drunk and passed out on his desk. Growling internally, Leo knows that he now has to ring Lily up. His hands stay steady. As long as he can shield his face in some way from the candlelight, she won't see the scar and he will be in the clear. He is not scared of Lily and what she may do but this man next to her seems more than just an average joe.

His shoulders are too square and the way he holds the sword hilt in his fingers. No, he is no ordinary man. Lily wouldn't come into town alone and although others may be fooled by the commoners clothing, Leo is not that foolish. He is a guard, the expanse of his body too large, too well chiseled to be just a worker. Turning back to the lady, he dumps the spices back in the tin before purposely wiping his upper lip, hoping the black residue will cover some of his scar. Grabbing another tin, he presents yet another spice and she agrees to buy it. Again, he wipes his mouth and even his forehead to dissipate any suspicion. It's just an average thing to do... right?

As Lily was looking at some of the spices, she would ask for Tarin's opinions on some of them since she was thinking of buying a few, while they were there. The aroma of the spices were intoxicating, in a good way, that it was making it impossible for her to choose the ones she really liked. It was nice having someone there to interact with, without treating her like a royal. It was bonus that Tarin was more attractive when he wore regular clothing as well as his uniform. Running her fingers through her hair that rested over her left shoulder, she placed her hand on Tarin's upper arm signaling him that she was ready to pay for the spices she picked out. Since the lady ahead of them wasn't done, Lily waiting patiently at the counter.

Turning towards his new guard, she thought about all the times she would be entering into the hospital wing and see him flirting with all the nurses. He obviously had a charm about him, but to Lily see such things was amusing for her because many women would melt at any compliment given to them by a handsome face, even her own brother did these things. "I've realized men have no shame when it comes to flirting or wooing a woman. I guess that's why men seem to be over no appeal to me yet." She was saying these things to see what kind of reaction, she could get out Tarin. It was something she did and enjoyed a lot, reactions is what made her life so fun at times, like when she lied to her head maid saying that she was attracted to women more than men. It nearly created chaos through the castle, until she expressed to everyone that she was only kidding.

Tarin keeps a close eye on Leo as he fruitfully gives the lady all this knowledge she couldn't possibly remember on the age of the spice as well as where it comes from and even how it's made! The man sure does know a lot! Tarin even blinks, amazed at what he is hearing from the man in the tunic. He seems well off, even grinning as the man's face becomes more and more covered in spice. "You know they love what they do when they're covered completely in it." Comes his quiet whisper to Lily's ear. Upon seeing her pick up a small sack of the spice she wanted, he offers to hold it for her, his large palm facing upwards. It's ultimately up to her if she takes his hand or not, Tarin doesn't seem to mind either way.

The Shadoweaver tries and take up as much time as possible, trying to formulate a relationship between these two. Thinking back a few nights, he doesn't remember seeing such a blonde nor choppy man be so close to Lily. By the way they're talking now, he would have sworn they're friends. But no, he did not appear at the party. Yet again, at her first dance with Thomas, he was concerned about other things - slipping outside to release his throat from the claustrophobia starting to sink in. Fakes smiles, laughs and touching. Damn those royals loved to grab your hand or place their hand on your shoulder. It makes him sick to his stomach, thinking they own you in such a manner. It's just another way of them possessing you. He can't help but sneer a bit when he sees Lily feel his bicep with her fingers. "Thank you Lady Gray, come again soon - I'll be looking forward to it." Nodding, he starts to scribble down the items sold and the amount or quantity.

"They don't?" Tarin asks, raising a brow, feeling a bit ashamed of himself when she calls him out completely like that. He, like her brother, are indeed shameless when it comes to wanting to make a girl feel important. "I suppose you're right but what fun is life if you don't put yourself out there? I have no attachments so why won't I aimlessly make women feel better about themselves? Flirting is a sign that you have taken careful examination of a lady and you have come to the conclusion that either their eyes, nose, mouth, feet, hands, neck... whatever you like, is their best feature. Isn't it right that you should voice your opinion? It's all good fun and the ladies know that. I don't just keep my flirting to one lady then jealousies arise but if I spread out my charm then everyone is happy." Smiling, he moves to the counter once it becomes free. Indeed he did turn a bit red at first, embarrassed to bring such a topic up in a store but he soon recovers completely.

The Shadoweaver hears the man's words and nods, "I can't agree more, Sir." Speaking a little bit away from his usual demeanor, he doesn't want Lily to remember what he sounds like. Instead of being gruff or rugged, he is sweet and soothing. Taking in a deep breath, he makes sure to tilt his head ever so slightly out of the way so the candle casts a shadow over his spice covered scar. "Is this all you two desire?" Is his next comment out of his mouth, taking the bag from Lily and asking how much she wishes for. All of it, a quarter, ... etc. His fingers are splotched with ink marks from his day off and on, scribbling numbers and names into the log book revealed to them on the chipped counter. "Are you two from here Celestial?" He then comments, glancing quickly up before looking back down to scribble away and ask for the amount of money. "I see you have blue eyes miss, that's a good sign, hm? You, Sir, on the other hand have an accent of a Wolves person. Is that where you hail from?" Finishing off the last loop of the sack, he hands it back over to Lily.

Laughing when the clerk agreed to what Tarin was saying, she shook her head a bit before telling him she would like all of each spice that she had picked up. Upon hearing him ask her if she was from Celestial, she nodded and pretended to be a normal town person. "I am, though I wish I could travel outside of Celestial more often." She said moving in between Tarin and the clerk to see how he got the spices together for them. Thinking a bit to herself, a smiled appeared on her lips as she looked at the clerk, who was covered in some of the spices. "I have a question, how should I use these to prepare a dinner for him?" She asked as she pressed her hand against his chest, thinking it would be funny to see more reactions, before moving it to his arm. "He's very picky about things, so I'm hoping he'll like the spices with dinner I make tonight." Lily got out a sack of gold, ready to pay for all the spices that she had gotten. Letting him speak, she listened carefully to everything he said and thanked him for his advice after paying.

Saying goodbye to the clerk, she walked out laughing on the inside about the fun time she had while in town. Walking back to the castle with Tarin beside her, Lily sighed heavily, disappointed that they were going back to the castle so soon, but they really didn't have anything to after looking around. "Today was fun for me, how about you?" She asked just as they were entering the forest to make their way back to the castle, not wanting to worry anyone with being out late the first day, she is allowed a little bit of freedom.

Tarin's heart starts to beat faster in his chest, feeling her cool fingers touch his radiating body. He can't help but tense up and even push out his chest, trying to impress her with his stoned muscles. Back home, he is wooed over all the time, loving the way he twists his arm and causes women to literally faint. Some say he is an idol for most men and yes... oh yes the Shadoweaver has heard of him. -Flowing- blonde locks fit for a gods head. The thought makes the shop clerk's nose twitch. Not wanting them to notice his sudden reaction to her hand, he wipes the back of his palm over his nose, causing more smudge. Not even bothering to answer her comment about the spices just yet, he leans over on the counter and logs one last thing.

"I hear there is a nice path right through the trees. You and your man here should take a pleasant stroll through it, I hear during the full moon, the swaying leaves have such an effect on people, they're almost mesmerized. It's even high on my priority list, visiting the outside city - but yet again. Once the sun dips down under the horizon," letting out a sad breath of air, he itches the side of his head, pushing the matted black hair all around, aiming to cover his gaze. "That damn Shadoweaver comes out. Curse him!" He shakes his own fist, wanting to sell his facade just the right way. Anger yet helplessness.

"No need to worry, friend." Tarin is saying, "My men are trained to deal with such disturbances. Soon this Shadoweaver character will be given a run for his money. He already -is- getting a run for his money for my men pose something he didn't have in the past. A threat. To him personally since we're specifically placed here for the welfare of the crown."

Raising a brow at Tarin's 'trustworthy' words, Leo has to stop himself from smirking and rolling his eyes. Yeah right. I would like to see you try to stop me and my men. Humming a small tune, this shop keeper looks agape at what Tarin is saying. "Your men?" He asks, raising a brow. Tarin then explains that he works with the new set of knights brought in from the neighboring castle - the best men that can be found. Swallowing, the clerk then moves on to Lily's question, telling her all this information he has just recently read about the spices. Being good at his job is not something Leo takes for granted. In order to have this steady pay, he needs to work well. He needs to be the best. That's why people tolerate the odd hours. You take a chance when you come to this store, either finding him or not.

Tarin, taking the spices in his hand, offers her his arm before beaming and leaving the shop. As they walk, he tells stories of whatever pops into his mind, trying to get to know the Princess. Not as a guard but as a friend. Nodding, he smiles down at her, "I actually did have a great time. I don't think my experience would have been the same if you weren't there to guide me through this maze you call home. Your company is delightful and I can see us getting along very well. I dare say I will be craving your company from now on - not feeling quite complete without it."

Leo, taking off the apron, quickly moves to the window and searches the streets for them from the comfort of inside the shop. He knows that he needs to teach Lily a lesson. She should fear him dammit! How can he so easily make his way up to her room and she didn't show any significant emotions when the Shadoweaver is mentioned. Mearly shrugging the whole thing off of her shoulder as if it didn't matter. He didn't matter. This won't do. No, he will close up shop tonight but the next time they return from town, they'll be in for a surprise. He will be waiting and watching, his plan setting itself into motion. He will give them a week. That way, when he strikes, the pain will worsen. Pulling her away from this knight is the easy part, seeing her suffer without her family and the comfort of her home is a completely different story.

Arriving home with Tarin, Lily took the bags of spices from him and told him that she would see him at dinner with the family, since her father thought it was good to have him at the table. After dropping the spices off to the kitchen, Lily couldn't help thinking that the clerk at the spice shop was suspicious because of the way he spoke and the way he moved. It was very odd, only because she knew he was putting on an act. But before she could think anymore about it, she was surrounded by the maids from earlier about the questions they had for her. Finishing up with them, she hurried to her room and changed to go have dinner with the family as well as Tarin. It was already apparent to her, that having Tarin there would be enjoyable and would allow her to learn about the Wolves Kingdom a little bit.

Week had gone by quickly before Lily was able to get a break. Her schedule was full of lessons and events with those who visiting, although it was boring, having Tarin there with her made it fun in some way. With it being her day off, she invited Tarin to go on a horse ride with her because it had been a long time since she last rode Rogue and thought it would be a great opportunity with the weather being nice. Getting down in a simple dress after breakfast, Lily tied her hair up as she walked down to the stables to go prep Rogue for the ride. He was very happy to see her as she stepped into his stall to clean him up a little before putting the saddle and reins on him. With him being so large, she had to be on stepping stool for her to be able to do anything. After she was finished, Lily climbed on to his back, leading him to where she was to meet Tarin for the ride. Seeing him, they made their way over. "Let's get going, Rogue doesn't like standing still for too long." She said as she petted the horse on the side, waiting for Tarin, so they could get going.

Tarin, taking an instant fancy in Lily, finds it hard to stop himself throughout the week of dropping compliments and even flirtatious gestures or words upon her. It's true the knight did have that charm as well as the sweet smile to cause any heart to melt away in its chest. Noticing that Lily spends most of her times learning, Tarin figures it's not so hard for him to sit down with a book as well. His father being a scribe, brought upon him at an early age the importance of literacy. Most men in the kingdom can only mark their name by a series of dots or lines, sometimes just a blotch on the paper. Tarin can rewrite whole volumes of words, his vocabulary excelling even though most of his time is spent in combat. Every single day he works with his men, having them drill in the yard. Before the crack of dawn even dares show itself, Tarin is up and at the training grounds, hacking away at dummies or fighting an early bird.

Receiving a note from Lily in the morning, Tarin quickly finishes up his spar, moving to his own chambers. There he cleans up, washing his body as well as shaving his unraveled face from the facial hair daring to grow back onto his countenance. Wanting to be seen as this friend, he resists wearing Wolves Kingdom colors this time, only having a white shirt and black pants to accompany him this time. Knowing he must still protect Lily, most of the times, he finds himself forgetting his real purpose, letting his gaze shower over her in a quite obvious manner. Mounting his steed, the cold steel strapped to his side just incase an attack is to be made, he mounts his own battle horse, the proud insignia for his people printed on the leather of his saddle. When he arrives, he perks up, wanting to catch every detail of how she looks while on horseback. He hopes she can keep up. "Shall we make some fun out of this, Lily? Last one to the gate..." He starts to say, trying to think of a good wager.

Watching as Tarin on his horse come up to them, she flashed him a small smile before thinking about the differences of them at the very moment. Large man riding a smaller well-trained horse, while Lily sat upon one of the largest horse breeds in world. Seeing that Tarin couldn't come up with a wager yet, Lily thought up her own instead. "How about last one to the lake in the forest must do what the winner asks for the next two days." She said without waiting for Tarin to agree to what she suggested. Getting Rogue into position, Lily didn't care if she won or lost the wager, it made the ride more exciting that way. "See you at the lake." She said out loud as they were already leaving towards the lake to let him know that game was beginning.

The lake was deep in the forest, that not a lot of people knew where it was, unless you traveled through it often. As they were riding through, Lily directed Rogue in a certain way to keep from them getting stuck since he was large, the usual path would create a difficult course for him to get to the lake. Knowing that she would lose, she still tried her best to get there as fast as she could to not worry Tarin. As they arrived at the lake, she could make out the silhouettes of Tarin and his horse from afar. Making it over, Lily clicked her tongue before Rogue began to lay down on the ground for her to get off of his back. "Since you have won the wager, is there anything you would like for me to do for you?" She laughed a bit after saying that, wondering if Tarin would tell her that he'd give her the win or would he really ask her to do something since it would be a slight change in rolls for a bit.

Feeling confident on this certain breed of horse, he chuckles, mentally thinking of the way the common folk will react to the Princess bounding out of the gates on her large black horse. Some will shout in anger at her, telling her to slow down and watch where she is going and others will be amazed at such skill. A horse her size is hard to handle but she seems to do just fine. Tarin, on the other hand, is connected to his horse, feeling as though they work as one separate being instead of two. An easy squeeze with his thighs and the horse knows his command, easily speeding up to par with Tarin's commands. Having a perfect idea where the lake is, he quickly calculates the best route for him to take. Not even worrying about her safety, he kicks the meaty sides of his horse and bounds right out of the gates like a bat out of hell.

The Shadoweaver, picking off as many guards as he can throughout the week, never forgets the way Lily looks with Tarin. Sure, he is easy to best Thomas the fool but this knight. This... war machine of a man would be a different challenge. A strategy must be made and a deal must be cut. Leo, the helpless shopkeeper who just happens to know this Shadoweaver, is the man for the job. Throughout the week, he plans his capture of Lily, knowing having her alone will be the only way to really inflict fear upon her. He could take her off shore and away from all the commotion of the real world. The Southern lands of their continent are tough to navigate, having to cross winding cliffs in order to achieve the comfort of a white sandy beach. No. He would not be taking her there for she would relax in comfort and think it was all some loving gesture. He would take her North and deep into the planes where the grass not dare grow too close to civilization. It's a sea of grass littered with tall trees, giving him the shelter he needs. Keeping her hostage will rally up Tarin, her knight, her prize, enough to come after him. When he does, oh, there will be a surprise for him as well.

Coming up to the lake, Tarin quickly glances around, not seeing nor hearing any hooves or feet. A tingle runs down his arms as he wonders what is taking Lily so long to arrive. He calculated that she would be -right- behind him but perhaps she is being held up? Not being able to do anything but worry, the minute that passes feels like an hour. The pent up anticipation rolls from his shoulders when he sees her appear. "Thank you gods." he mutters, not seeing any sign of trouble. Upon hearing her asking what he wants her to do, he flushes a bit. "It's odd, don't you think? To have a Princess following -my- orders?" Tilting his head back, he lets out a booming laugh that shakes the trees around the clearing. "Very entertaining but I fear it's not my place to ask you to do anything, Lily. For me." Wanting to see her reaction, she thinks she has gotten him. Shaking his head, his brow raises, "But, again, that would be any -guard's- answer. My answer is that you have to take a swim with me, that's why we came to the lake, is it not?"

"A swim was not originally in my plans, but why not." She replied, somewhat surprised that he'd make that suggestion. Since they were going to go for a swim, Lily knew that it wouldn't be good to get her dress wet and it would be best to wear it once she was dry, slipped it over her head and rested it on Rogue's back. Pulling her shoes as well as socks from her feet, Lily was left wearing her undergarments, not feeling at all embarrassed to be almost completely bare in front of Tarin. Stretching her arms up into the air, she went over to the water before slowly lowering herself into the cool water, making her shake a little. Finally warming up, once her body was in the water, Lily looked towards Tarin to watch him get undressed to join her in the water. "It feel nice in here." She said as she submerged herself in the water for a minute or two and coming back up to catch her breath.

(Sorry it's sorry.)

"I would like to keep you on your toes, Lily. Just because it isn't part of some elaborate plan doesn't mean it can't be done." His smile only widens as he sees her fail to combat his suggestion of a swim. Eagerly, he slips from his steed, letting the cool ground crunch itself under his boots. It's not cold, quite the opposite and a lovely time for a swim. Tarin expects Lily to be quite shy about her body image, the princess' he has met always forced him to turn around and made him swear not to look. That doesn't mean that he actually listened to them, always peaking and getting the thrill of every curve on their body. Never the less, Tarin finds himself turning around, giving Lily the privacy that she needs. There is a pull in his chest to turn around, his usual thought process of how she looks but he knows the water is clear and he could easily find out with a few games.

The Shadoweaver trumps his way through the forest, not caring if the animals see him for they're ... animals! No one is going to attack him because they don't know he is there. Him and his men slip up into the trees and behind trunks, doing everything in their power to silently make their way towards the path. It's when the Shadoweaver steps out onto the dirt road that a man, a town guard, comes to greet him. The warmth of the lamplight spills over the hooded figure, causing his eyes justice. Being an ally, he informs The Shadoweaver of Tarin and Lily's plans - they're at the lake hidden within the trees. Knowing his orders, the Shadoweaver gives the guard a solid nod and even a clasp on the plated shoulder before crouching and scampering his way back into the cover of darkness before there are witnesses to his actions. Silently, he makes hand gestures to his men, not daring to speak for his voice would vibrate through these very trees.

Tarin is quick to remove his commoners clothing, the wound at his side practically healed up. A few steps later, he leaps into the pool of water, being sure to land close to Lily but not close enough so he collides into her. The splash from such a jump makes a fountain-esk curve of the water spraying up to the heavens above them. Staying underwater for a moment, Tarin feels his ears become filled with water and he pushes his weight back up to the surface. throwing his head around to remove the silky texture from his eyes. "Ah! Cold!" He barks, lapping around Lily just to warm himself up. "Bad, bad idea!" He attempts to make her giggle, knowing the water would be cold but wanting to show off by twisting his body in such a jump. "I'm glad you've agreed to such a barbaric idea! What would your father or brother say if they found you swimming in a lake with nothing but those undergarments!" Throwing his head back up, he pushes his dense hair from his eyes, the water trailing down his face. "They would absolutely kill me."

Watching as Tarin undressed, Lily was impressed by his well toned body, but seeing the wound almost healed relieved her of her worries. Knowing that he and his company were attacked for coming to help them, made her feel bad about having them go through so much, just to protect their family. Not paying attention to what was going on, Lily jumped a little when she was splashed in the face with water from Tarin jumping into the lake with her. Shaking her head as she laughed when he talked about the water being cold. Moving over to him, she rested her arm on top of his shoulder before speaking. "Let's enjoy the cool water for a while before heading back home." Removing her arm from his shoulder, she came behind Tarin and wrapped her arms to the front of his chest. As she was behind him, her lips were only a few centimeters away from the nape of his neck.

To Lily, it didn't feel as if she was doing anything strange except enjoying a day out with a friend. Closing the distance between them, her chest pressed up against Tarin's back as she spoke into his ear. "Is this relaxing for you? Since you've had to come with me to all my dull activities this week." She asked, knowing that the could be tiring at time to stand there waiting for someone else to do what they need to do during the day. "I'm just wondering, but what is it like in the Kingdom of Wolves for you?"

Tarin comes up from the water, shaking his head and pushing his hair from his face to over his shoulders. "What are you doing?" He asks with a raise brow once he sees her slip her arm around his shoulder and then both arms when she moves to his back. Feeling a sudden chill despite the warmth her body offers, Tarin, for what seems to be a first in a long time, actually can't speak back. There have been plenty of women wrapped around him but this time, it's different. Lily, being a Princess and he being her guardian, shouldn't be so close to him for Tarin fears what people might think. The Princess falling for a knight instead of a Prince. But... is it truly love? Or are her gestures just... friendly? His eyebrows scrunch together and he chews on his lip before turning his head a little to the right to answer her.

Pretending is good enough for him, placing a fake smile on his lips even though his heart is pounding in his chest to keep them both afloat. He can feel her bareness against his back and the warmth against the cold water. Not wanting her to stop, he resists his urge to turn around and admire her so he stays as still as he can. The water rushes by his swerving legs, keeping them both afloat along with graceful circular motions of his arms. "Relaxing? Lily, this is the exact opposite of relaxing." He chuckles before adding, "Oh I'm just playing with you - this is very nice even if the water is a bit... chilled." A shiver makes its way across his arms when he stops his paddling for a moment. "My job is to protect you - I knew what I was signing up for!" When she asks about his kingdom, he raises his head to the sky a little more, closing his eyes.

"Kingdom of Wolves. Well, what do you mean by 'what is it like'?" Pushing through the silky water, he starts to make laps across the lake. Not fearing its depth, he knows he is a good enough swimmer to keep them moving. He can, without really thinking about it, prove more of himself to Lily. Strength, after all, is his best attribute. "Do you want to know about the people? The layout? The King? Or more about my position as a Knight there? My home, my family...?"

The Shadoweaver carefully makes his way through the tree line, inching his way closer and closer to the glittering pool in the evening darkness. You're both fools to come out during -my- reign. And he feel his cheekbones rise in a sardonic smile for they're asking for him to screw up their perfect little meeting. Seeing her hair fan itself across the top of the pool and the way she wraps her arms freely around him. Are they...? No! They're not lovers, The Shadoweaver would not stand for that. The anger boils up in his chest and he quickly makes his way from the comfort of the trees. Stalking his way to the steed, he quickly grabs her clothing and jumps towards the nearest tree, hiding behind its strong bark. Clutching her garment in his fingers, he lifts it to his face, drawing her scent into his lungs. With a sharp whistle, he alerts the others that his plan will be set into motion as soon as they draw themselves from the pool.

Last edited:
As he swam in the lake with her on his back, she thought about what she wanted to know. Pulling her arms from around him, Lily asked him about what the town was like as she floated on her back in the water, creating waves in the water whenever she moved her body. It was pleasing to know that Tarin didn't seem to think that she was making advances towards him, like other men would think that way aside from the Shadoweaver. Not having seen the Shadoweaver in a long time, she would forget about him for a long time until Tarin did or said something that remembered her of him, which happened once in a while.

Swimming around as Tarin talked about the town, she listened to the sounds around them. Winding blowing through the trees, birds and animals searching for food or calling to others in the forest. It was peaceful and relaxing, something that she was glad to have now, since all the activities she did were exhausting. Moving her body back into the water, Lily swam over to where she got in and noticed something that was missing on Rogue.

Getting up from the water, she stood up in the grass, letting the water run down her body and drip down her long locks. Turning towards Tarin, Lily looked at him with a curious expression on her face. "Did you move my clothes?" She asked as she walked over to Rogue, who was resting near some trees. Petting him gently when she got closer, she looked around wondering if the horse dropped them on his way over to the trees. Where could her clothes have gone in such a short time.

Tarin moves his body around, not realizing that Lily had gotten out of the water. "Woah..." He mutters to himself, taking in her moon lit form before grinning and feeling like a peeping tom. Lowering himself in the water, he covers most of his face up to his nose and turns himself around. He has seen many women before but Lily was quite the marvel to look at. Smooth skin from being pampered practically from birth. Flawless skin. No cuts or bruises like he has. God knows he has plenty to make up for Lily's lack from his training. When she talks to him, he turns back around, having to make sure his jaw still isn't dropped. He thanks the nighttime for covering his beet red face.

"Did I move your clothes? Do you think I'm that cruel?" He asks, using his strong arms to part the water and come out near Rogue as well. Not even caring if she sees him naked, she too is revealing her form to him. "You lost your clothes? Oh dear, dear, what would your father say if we had to ride home stark naked?" Just the idea makes his lips twist into a large grin. Even though he may seem cool on the outside, his nerves are sparking internally. Where are her clothes? Her father would not stand for this and Tarin would surely be sent home. Once there, he would be disgraced for humiliating his Kingdom with such actions.

Moving to his pants, he pulls them over his wet body, feeling the cloth soak up his cloth pants. "Here, take my shirt. At least it'll cover something ... of, um, your body up." Scrunching up the shirt, he holds it over her head, waiting for her to lift her arms through to place the large shirt over her slender body. "Yeah..." He breathes, blushing again before turning around and grabbing his sword. "This doesn't look- ow!" his hand flies to his head, feeling a throbbing sensation shoot across the back of his skull. "Think you're funny huh?" He shouts, eyes wildly scanning the clearing. The sound of steel rings through the air as he reveals his sword. "Stay close to me, Lily." Through the brush, he can spot her pants hanging on a nearby branch a few long feet into the forest. There, the Shadoweaver is waiting. If they go for the bait, his men and him will jump down and incapacitate both of them with the butts of their swords and daggers.

Last edited:
"Honestly, yes I think you'd do something like that just for fun." She replied as she looked towards him with a smirk upon her lips. Seeing the grin on his face made her shake her head at him, thinking about what her brother would do, not her father. Sure her father was protective, but Rondell was worse. Any time a man seemed interested in his sister, he would act as if everything was alright and then she'd never seen that man ever again, Rondell was scary when it came to certain things.

Slipping the shirt over her body, it was so big that it seemed like loose short dress on her, when she looked down at herself. Hearing him make a sound of pain and then shout out, Lily thought that he was a little crazy at first until she became aware that he was on guard, the moment her eyes laid upon the sword. It was worried her a little to know that he was on guard about something or someone. Noticing her pants on a brush, she then shook her head at Tarin before patting him on the shoulder. "See, it must have slipped off of Rogue when he was looking for a spot." Moving around him, Lily went over to the brush to pick up her clothes, not aware that there was there. Waiting for them to make this mistake.

"No! Don't go in there!" He shouts to Lily but she is already out of his grasp and running towards the article of clothing. Tarin runs after her, seeing a dark figure drop from the treeline behind her. "Lily!" He shouts in alarm but feels a cold sting across his temple and the panoramic swirling begins as his knees hit the earth. "Lily..." He sputters out, dropping completely to his right side to look at a pair of black boots. "Ugh..." Is that last he can utter out before the throbbing takes over his vision, the black pop marks molding over any true sight he has. Darkness fills his mind. The three men then close in on Tarin's body, swords raised and ready to strike without command.

It's then when his voice booms through the trees, dropping down just in time to grab Lily before she can run. Her bareness doesn't seem to phase him, he pulls her right against him without so much as a second glance. "Halt!" Is all the men hear and they turn, puzzled at their master's orders. Some even start to complain but The Shadoweaver presses his lips to Lily's wet hair and whispers through that tangle to her ear. His voice is soft yet controlling, "Welcome to the real world, Princess. Not even the -best- guardian you could get your paws on is any constellation of safety. .... Sleep well, Lily." With that, he cracks his own small dagger pommel against her and she falls to the ground. Looking back to his men he adds, "Move him to the other camp. Get secrets out of him - just don't kill him. Use any other means necessary."

One of his men question what he is going to do and The Shadoweaver smiles, kneeling down to Lily's body. His gloved hand runs across her shoulder, trailing down to her thigh. "I'll take the bait. Sooner or later men will come to us in order to find her. Causing all the distractions we need in order to finally pluck them off one by one."

The darkness of the trees retreat to the far side of each trunk, shriveling up and casting that same shadow across the earth. "And I greet the second day with a humble blessing." The Shadoweaver utters to the eastern sun, the black fabric still cocooning his body tightly. Knowing she will be hungry, he roasts a newly killed boar, the carcass still on the other side of the fire. Flies swerve and flutter in looping circles, blood still dripping from the newly carved beast. Slowly turning the meat on the end of his sword, The Shadoweaver takes one look at Lily before turning the meat over. She would awaken soon and when she does... boy is she in for a surprise. They're not anywhere near civilization so if she runs - she will surely die. For that reason alone, The Shadoweaver hasn't even bound her or gagged her. He will, however, be quick to grab her clothing that is covering her body once more, and inform her of the facts. She will be dead without him.

As Lily made it over to where her pants laid, a dark figure dropped down from the trees above and immediately knew who it was that stood before. As she turned to get some distance between them, but failed the moment she felt his arm wrapped around her waist and pull her against him. Looking towards Tarin, she knew this was all her fault, they shouldn't have some to a place so secluded. Feeling him get close to her ear, she listened to what he had to say and before she could get out a few words, Lily soon blackout when he had hit her with his dagger.

As Lily laid wherever she was, her body shivered from the coldness. Waking up, she rubbed her head slightly before looking around to see where she was. It was dark with the only light from the fire that the meat was cooking over, revealing the man who had caused all the trouble. The Shadoweaver had definitely gone too far. Looking at the surroundings, Lily had no idea as to where they were, but knowing him it had to do with keeping her there. Looking down at her body, she was no longer in the shirt that Tarin had placed on her and in the clothes that she was originally in. Sitting up on the hard ground, she brought her eyes over to him. "Where is Tarin?" She asked afraid that he was killed back in the forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.