Stitches (MaryGold x Lxngdon)

l a u r e n
"A sleepover?" Lauren had never had a sleepover. She would never have allowed any friends she may have had to come over and be subjected to he horrendous home life.

But she was free now. She didn't have to be afraid of her father hurting or scaring her friends. She was free.

So she leaned into Anders and nodded. "That would be nice."

"Great." Eden stood up and clapped his hands together. "Come on, Claudia, let's get blankets and stuff."

Eden dragged Claudia and Lucas upstairs to fetch and retrieve the linens. Lauren sighed a little and put her arms around her boyfriend's abdomen, holding him close.

"What if he gets out?" she whispered. The thought had been bothering her for a while. "What if they don't believe me and he gets out?"

A N D E R S O N
"He won't." Anders said firmly, it was a matter of fact.

With a the evidence stacking up against her parents there was no way possible that he'd be released. She had bruises to show, which she did. And her mother literally came storming into the hospital and assaulted her. If that wasne enough, he didn't know what was. Joshua and Katrina would never be able to get their hands on her again.

"Even if he was, which he won't, I'll never let him touch."
He removed his hand from her back and brushed down her hair tenderly. "I promise." He kissed her lips softly and rubbed her back once more.

During their conversation he hadn't realized Jenna left them too until she walked back on with snacks in hand. He smiled her way when she slowly and awkwardly walked in on them, she usually didn't care yet alone me feel awkward when among couples but that was her brother. It was different.

"Oh, this is going to get weird." She mumbled as she set up the table.

Anders grinned, amused, but did not pull away from Lauren. On the contrary, he pulled her closer and kissed the side of her head. He would hold her all night if it made her feel better.

l a u r e n
Anderson's reassurances really did help, Lauren was relieved to find. She knew she had a few months of anxiety and stress ahead of her, but she also knew it would be tolerable with Anders by her side. He made her feel safe and secure, which was really what she needed during this time.

Jenna came back into the room just as Lauren and Anders pulled out of a kiss. Lauren blushed slightly and stood up, though she stayed beside Anderson, holding his hand as she also tried to smile at Jenna. She probably looked very awkward while doing so.

Soon, Eden and Claudia had set up the living room by dragging many comfortable blankets and what seemed like every pillow in the house downstairs and strewing it all over the soft carpet floor. Eden gently took Lauren's hand and lead her over to what he seemed to consider the best spot in the whole arrangement -- the space that was directly opposite the TV, thus providing the best view, and contained the only L-shaped pillow in the whole arrangement.

"For you, m'lady," he said, bowing gracefully as Lauren sat down.

"Thank you, Edie," Lauren chuckled.

Eden then dashed over to Anders, took his hand and practically dragged him across the floor and to Lauren. "Delivery for Lauren, one freakishly large brunet dude with great comforting skills."

Lauren chuckled when Anders was 'delivered' to her. She scooched over so Anders could fit in her pillow arrangement.

"Alright, Lauren, what do you want to watch?" Claudia asked, setting into place beside Lucas with the remote control in her hand.

"Um ... I don't know. Maybe something Disney? Maybe Hercules?"
She then looked around at all her friends, who were gathered here to help her feel better. "I mean, if that's alright with everyone?"

A N D E R S O N
"Don't tell me ... do we have another Disney dork among us?" Lucas playfully inquired, smiling warmly as he settled in beside Claudia. He looked to his lover affectionately and chuckled some. Presumably reminicing on all the many times the girl had him sit through Disney movies with her.

Anders knew, he and everybody in the room had done it too, Lucas the most of course. Anders only laughed a little too and rolled over to take the remote from Claudia. They Hickory's didn't have much or any animated movies, the only person who seemed to watch them was Jenna, but she only rented the films and series.

"Of course we can watch, Hercules." He assured her, "Even if we all simultaneously agreed we didn't want to watch it, fuck us. You deserve it and I know Claudia's rejoicing over there anyway." He quickly used the remote in his hand to purchase the movie.

Just before the movie started, Jenna grabbed the appliance remote and shut the living room lights off.

l a u r e n

Lauren found watching the movie with her boyfriend and friends very enjoyable. She and Claudia quietly hummed along with all the lyrics to the songs — it was evident that they both greatly enjoyed Disney. Lauren snuggled close to Anders and she found that it was almost easy to forget about her bullshit home life and the current state of her parents.

Almost. The worry still nagged at her in the back of her mind, but she ignored it for now.

When the film finished, she found that she was rather sleepy, stifling a yawn as she sat up and stretched her arms. "What's the time?"

"Nine," Claudia replied from her boyfriend's arms.

"Okay." Lauren laid back down with her head resting on Anderson's chest. Eden stood up and announced he was getting some drinks for them all — non-alcoholic, of course. She wasn't sure why he had to specify.

"I'm tired," she told Anderson.

A N D E R S O N
Anders yawned into his fist, early having fallen asleep during the movies. Like Lauren, he too was exhausted. They were about an hour and a half off from his usual bedtime and hours off when his friends stayed over. But the events of today had really wore him down both emotionally and physically.

"Okay," mumbled Anders as he sat up from his laying position onto his knees. "Do you want to lay in another room or?"

There was no doubt that the others would stay up way later than any of them. And, though, Anders could sleep through any and most noise he wasn't sure Lauren could. He wanted her to feel completely serene and at ease within their home.

"I'm sure my parents already prepared one for you anyway."

"Yeah, it's the room beside mine." Jenna informed the two from her spot lying on the couch. Somehow she had made her way up there during the film.

"Oh! I'm right across the hall from her, so we're neighbors." A smile made it's way into his lips.

l a u r e n

"Hm ... oh, yeah, probably,"
Lauren said sleepily. She sat up and stretched her arms. She knew that the others weren't very tired at all, and therefore they would be up for quite a while.

She was incredibly grateful to the Hickorys for going to such lengths to accomodate her during her stay. She had honestly expected to just sleep on the couch, and she would have been find with that. But, no, they had prepared a whole room for her stay. She appreciated that more than she could describe.

Lauren drowsily got to her feet. Claudia looked up from the pattern she had been tracing on Lucas's chest. "Are you going up to bed?"

"Yeah," Lauren replied.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight, love," Eden added. He was sitting on the floor by Jenna's feet with his phone in his hand.

"Goodnight." Lauren turned to Anders and pulled him up to his feet. "Show me where my room is?" she requested. She didn't expect Anders to sleep beside her, but she wouldn't be complaining if he did.

A N D E R S O N
"Of course," Anders took her hand, led her out of the room and up the stairs. He took his time walking her down the hall, swinging their intertwined hands between them. It was a short walk, however, so in less than a minute he stopped in front of her room door.

"I'm just over there if you need ever need me," he pointed to his door across the hall," And Jenna's literally next door too. My parents are the last door down the hall." He informed her before opening the door to the spare bedroom.

It may have been spare, but it was fully furnished colorful ad cheery room. The bedroom was so clearly meant for a girl with its color scheme of white, pink and yellow. It was crisp clean and smelt of lavender. The smell came from the diffuser sitting on the nightstand. Anders crossed the room to open a door that led to a bathroom.

He rubbed gestured to it as he spoke,"my parents thought you might want some privacy so this is your personal bathroom." His eyes wandered around the room. "If you want to change anything, you only have to ask."

l a u r e n

The room was far more than what Lauren could have asked for. She was actually a little shocked — she stood in the doorway for a few moments, looking around and actually processing the fact that this was her space, her room while she was staying here. That Nina and Alexander had went to these lengths to make sure that she was comfortable and had her privacy here. Lauren actually felt herself choke up a little bit. This was so lovely.

"This is perfect."

Lauren couldn't imagine changing anything. She first shed her cardigan and carefully set it on the dresser, before she went to Anderson and wrapped him in her arms in a tight hug. He smelled good, better than the lavender from the diffuser, though that did smell pretty nice. The smell of Anderson's cologne reminded her of comfort and safety, because he was the first person in her life to truly provide that for her.

Lauren tilted her head back, leaning her chin on his chest so she could look up and see him. "Stay with me?" she requested in a soft, gentle, slightly unsure voice. She didn't know if that was something she was allowed to ask, or if it was something that he wanted to do. But she wasn't sure if she wanted to let go of her source of comfort just yet.

A N D E R S
"Sure." Answered Anders without missing a single beat.

It wasn't something he had to think about. After all that transpired over the day she could use all the comfort she could get and frankly, he needed some as well even if he didn't express it. It was a long and painful day, trudging up old scars and watching he'd in pain pained him. He wanted to make her comfortable.

With all that in mind he also knew his parents wouldn't mind if he slept in her bes this one night. How could they after today? Even if they did he still would have said yes. She asked so sweetly and it was hard to deny her anything.

It also happened to be a bonus for him.

Anders was an insomiac who could only sleep peacefully if there was another person in the room. Most nights he slept on the floor beside his sister's bed or on the sofa in his parents master bedroom. As long as there was another warm body nearby he could sleep. And he knew he would have an especially hard time sleeping tonight. So, being with Lauren for the night was a relief.

"I need to change my clothes first though and - oh!"
He let go of her and moved to pick up a pair of folded pajamas on the dresser. They were Jenna's. His twin was taller than Lauren but she was smaller than her in build so the clothes would fit just fine on her. "You can wear these for the night."

l a u r e n
"Thank you," Lauren said softly to Anders when he handed her the pyjamas. They were soft and clean, and knowing that Jenna had loaned them to her made her feel happy, because it meant that Jenna cared about her, as did Anders and his parents. She actually felt appreciated in this household, which was something she had never felt in her own home.

Well, that place wasn't her home anymore and it never would be again. All thanks to the beautiful Hickory family. Lauren didn't know how she could ever repay them.

She stepped into the bathroom to get ready for bed. After changing into the soft pyjamas, which fit her decently well, Lauren took off her makeup, which had gotten pretty bad during the day but she had not cared at all. She then weaved her long blonde hair into two French braids so it would be curly the next day when she took them out. This was a regular practice for her, as she greatly disliked sleeping with her hair down or in a ponytail or bun.

Once she was ready for bed, she went back out into the bedroom that, for now, was hers. The carpet felt soft under her bare feet and when she climbed onto the large bed, it was squashy and comfortable and warm. She slipped under the covers and ran her fingers over the quilted blanket. This was comfort like she had never experienced it before.

When Anders came back, Lauren held both arms out for him, silently requesting some cuddles. "Remind me to thank your parents profusely in the morning. This is incredible and more than I could have ever hoped for."

A N D E R S O N
"You'll have to remind me to remind you," Anders jestered lightly, climbing into the bed and under the covers beside her. It was a bit chilly with it being fall and all, enough to make had him shiver in his sweatpants and T-shirt. So, he grabbed the remote from her nightstand and cut up the heater. He felt the difference in the temperature almost instantly.

With the room becoming warmer and toasty, he laid on to his side and put his arms around her, pulling her close so her head was laying against his chest. Gently, he rubbed her back soothingly, feeling comfort in doing so and hoping she felt the same. The day had been a long and arduous one and he wouldn't have ever imagined this where they'd be when their date first began.

This day wasn't the worst, though. Lauren was no longer in that toxic household and she was safe now. So, there was that. That was a lot and he was grateful for it.

"I'm sure they already know you're grateful," he said in all seriousness. Because that was the type of people his parents were."They're just glad you're safe, we all are."

Anders released a sigh, closing his eyes. The warmness, the sleepytime diffuser and closeness of Lauren was more than enough to put him to sleep peacefully. "I'm glad you're okay and that you're here."

l a u r e n
Folded in Anderson's warm embrace, Lauren finally felt secure. She allowed her eyes to close and snuggled closer to her boyfriend, so she could faintly hear the sound of his heart beating in his chest. Lauren sighed lightly, and allowed herself to sotly and almost inaudibly say, "Thank you," before she fell asleep.

Unfortunately, her peace didn't last long.

The day after it had all gone down, Lauren had woken up and almost had a panic attack as she had not known where she was. But Anders' presence had both reminded her and calmed her down, and so Lauren had just snuggled back into his chest for the time being. But when they had gone back to school, Lauren had been jumpy, and she had been paranoid, thinking that everyone knew and that everyone hated her. And then there were the drug dealers who hated her father. The mere thought of them made Lauren cling to her boyfriend with fear.

Now, she had been staying with the Hickorys for a week, and she had managed to think and brood until she had made herself miserable. She was alone, in that huge bed that sat in that huge room, with the smell of the diffuser becoming overwhelming and the shadows on the wall were scaring her. She closed her eyes tight and shivered because it was cold but she was too scared to reach over and pick up the remote for the heater. And then she let out a sob.

After that first, quiet sob, Lauren couldn't hold them back. She trembled as she wept, her sobs growing in volume as she continued. Lauren turned her head into the pillow to stifle the noise a little but she couldn't quiet herself down. She just hoped that everyone else in the house was asleep.

A N D E R S O N
It was impossible for Anderson not to hear Lauren's sobs from his room. He was almost quite literally across the hall from her. He was also a light sleeper, though, it was rare that he was able to sleep without knowing there was another warm body in the room with him. This particular night he was strangely actually sleeping soundly, he had been feeling happy enough too.

Lauren was safe and in his home with him. That was more than enough to let him sleep peacefully for one night. Or so he thought.

As soon as he heard her sobs, he was awake. At first, he laid in bed for a moment before sitting up and distinguishing who was crying. It wasn't uncommon that his twin cried she had a lot of nightmares, as did he. This time it was Lauren and this time he would comfort her, though.

He hurriedly got up from his bed and exited his room. Out in the hall, he saw his sister standing outside of Lauren's door, looking uncertain. If she was was awake, his parents most definitely were too, very much worried as was he. Did she have a nightmare too?

'Go to her' Jenna mouthed, making no movements to enter the room nor leave her spot outside it.

Anders opened the door, leaving it cracked behind him and approached his girlfriend.
"Lauren?" He called her name softly and sat at the edge of her bed, placing a comforting hand on her thigh. "What's wrong?" How could he fix it? What could he do for her?

l a u r e n
Lauren had not wanted anyone to hear her crying. She had not wanted to worry her boyfriend or his family. But apparently Anderson had heard and she just hoped that he already been awake, and that she had not disturbed the sleep she knew he rarely actually attained.

But he was there, trying to comfort her, and Lauren was not going to waste that.

She turned onto her back so she could see him, still sniffling. When her eyes took him in and noticed the concern he was feeling, concern only for her, she started to cry again, but softer this time, because he was there to help her. That knowledge managed to calm her, but only slightly.

She sat up, wiped her tears and carefully reached out and pulled him closer. She wrapped her arms around him, nuzzling her face into his shoulder for a moment. He smelled good, he smelled secure and safe and familiar and comfortable and she needed him there so badly.

"I'm just so scared," she whispered, her Southern accent trembling, but audible. She was able to speak clearly but only because she knew he was there, unfailingly, to help her. "I don't know what's going to happen to me and if my dad is going to be released and what he'll do to me if he gets out. And the drug dealers he got into trouble with — what about them? And I don't want to leave you." Lauren's voice and the dam in her eyes broke again when she thought of it. "I really don't want to leave you."

A N D E R S O N
She was trembling, she was crying and most importantantly she was scared. Lauren had every reason to be scared, Anders knew that, he understood that. Seeing her this way, hearing the fear in her voice and feeling her trembling body against his own pained him. It had been over a week since she had been staying with them and he'd never seen her as vunerable during that time as she was now. Had she been surpressing everything until now? The very idea of it made dull ache in his chest so much more painful.

He didn't even have to think before wrapping his arms around her small frame and pulling her close, his body simply acted on its own. His cheek pressed against the crown of her head, tickled by her blonde hair, the same hair he brushed his fingers, which were now healed if not still a little bruised, through. The first thing he wanted to do was console her, calm her,make her feel better. Because more than anything, he didn't want her to cry, to be in pain. No, she had gone through enough pain and he only wanted to see her happy. Anders wanted to make her happy.

The thought they would be separated never occurred to him though. It was highly possible, the thought only mad him tighten his hold on her. He refused to let that happen.

"It's okay," Anders promised her, his voice nothing but a soft whisper. "It is going to be okay, I know it will be." Slowly, he inhaled a deep breath and just as slowly exhaled it. While it pained him to do so, he pulled back from their embrace and took Lauren's face in his hands. He wanted - no - he needed her to look him in the face for his next words, he needed her to understand he meant everything he said. "Your father will not be released, we'll make sure of it. Most importantly, we'll make sure he never sees you again. Those drug dealers . . . they are no longer your concern."

A soft sigh escaped his lips as he used his thumbs to tenderly brush away her hot tears. Why would anyone ever want to hurt Lauren, why would anyone ever make her cry? It was beyond Anders but angered him all the same. If he could have, he would have pummeled her father himself but Lauren and her wellbeing was more significant to than that or anything else.

The corners of Anders' lips curved into a soft smile, he hoped to assure and comfort her with it. "And me? I won't let anyone hurt you, because I'll be right by your side through it all. I'm not leaving you Lauren's. And if you leave . . . well, I guess I'm going with you." He didn't know how, but he knew he would. Without another word, Anders leaned over and dropped a kiss on her forehead.

Last edited:
l a u r e n
For as long as she could remember, Lauren had roamed this earth with an undertone of fear lacing everything she did. She would walk home from school fearing the mood her father would be in when she got there. At home, she would be fearful of him and the slightest triggers that could set him off. Even at school, she had been fearful of bullies who made fun of her for being quiet or for being small. She had also feared the drug dealers her father had crossed and the possible retaliation they could take out on her or her mother in response to what her father had actually done to them.

The single place she had never felt fear in was Anderson's embrace. Whenever he held her it was like a warm blanket of comfort washed over her and proceeded to keep the bad things away. She knew it didn't work like that, because as soon as that blanket was taken away she was back to being fearful and uncertain. But she didn't really care in that moment, because she had him to comfort her, and therefore, for the times being, she was peaceful.

Lauren knew her boyfriend couldn't say any of these things with absolute certainty. She knew he couldn't promise her that her father wouldn't come after her if released, or that those drug dealers wouldn't try to find her, or even that he would move if she was sent away. But she didn't care. Those were all problems that were to be dealt with at a later date.

Lauren wrapped her arms around him again and nuzzled into his chest. He was so warm, which was fantastic, because she was absolutely freezing

"Will you stay with me? Please? I don't think I can sleep by myself at the moment."

A N D E R S O N
"Do you even have to ask?" Anders smiled softly and gently flicked the tip of her red nose as an endearing gesture. He brushed back her hair once more before putting his arms back around her and laying onto her bed and against her pillows. Embracing Lauren as they laid in her bed, Anders never felt so tired immediately. If he had went back to his own room, there was no doubt in his mind he'd stay up the rest of the night. Knowing there was another warm body, but not just any body, but the one of the person whom cared for deeply and trusted, put him at ease and comfort. "Wake me if you need me, try to sleep."

It dawned him as his heavy eyelids began to close and he slowly began to drift, that he needed Lauren just as much as she needed him. Even if his promises sounded empty and only there for the sole purpose to comfort her, he meant every word. Anders was no liar, and not once had he ever thought of lying to Lauren. He despised liars and he lov - ...

Time was passing by faster than Anders liked. It had only been a few days since the Joshua Winter's trials. He was more than a little happy those days were behind themthem. They seemed to have drag out in his mind. They were hard and painful on Lauren, he knew that. That was why he skipped school for each day she was at the stand, testifying against her father. And each night, he snuck into her room once his parents's lights were out and slept next to her. It was a breath of fresh air for them all when they verdict finally came, resulting in him being put behind bars and Lauren being removed from her mother's custody.

However, now that that chapter was closed, the next one open. It meant that Lauren would be placed in someone else's legal care soon. And no one knew if it would even be a house in Charmaine. It stresses Anders out to the point he could hardly sleep at night. During the days of the trials in the time after, he had smoked three packs of cigarettes. He need to relax and get rid of not only his stress but Lauren.

So, he was taking Lauren out on a date. Too much time had passed since their last date and that date technically did not count. That was possibly the worst date that Anders had taken a girl on and Lauren did not deserve that, she deserved better, the best!

"I'll pick you up at your room at six," Anders had winked at her when they set a time. Now, he was dressed nicely for the occasion and just entered his home, holding the bouquet he had purchased behind his back. Quietly, he tried to make his way to his room but was halted by his mother, Nina.

"Anders, I want you and Lauren back not later than eleven. There is something I want talk to you two about," her French accent was light in her voice.

"Is this about PDA, because if it is, I've intentionally held back."

"No," the brunette chuckled. "Have a nice date."

Anders smiled before stopping in front of Lauren's door and held the bouquet of roses and lilies in front of them. As an after thought, he sniffed his short in case it reeked of a cigarette he had smoked not long ago. Once he was sure he was only pleasantly smelling of cologne, he knocked. "You're prince has arrived."

l a u r e n
The next few weeks were ... really rough. Lauren felt like they were flying by at the same time as she felt that they were dragging on indefinitely. She had felt constantly exhausted, and nervous, and several times she had been on the verge of a panic attack. But thankfully, those days were now behind her. Her father was in jail, her mother had been put on a community corrections order and was not allowed to have any contact with her, and Lauren was safe and comfortable without fear of being abused any longer.

But that didn't mean she wasn't still worried. Thankfully she only had one thing to worry about now, but it was huge. What was going to happen to her? Where was she going to go? Who was she going to live with? She loved it at the Hickorys', but she couldn't stay there forever, and when she was moved, what if she had to move interstate? What if they couldn't find a foster home in Charmaine or the area or even in their whole state? The idea of being moved away from Anders and her friends was genuinely terrifying and it made Lauren feel sick.

But tonight, she was being taken on a date by her lovely boyfriend, so she had decided to put all of that shit out of her mind for the moment and focus on the nice night she was about to have.

Claudia had lent her a dress. It was knee-length with thin straps and it was a beautiful rose gold colour with glittery grey appliqués. It hugged her curves and made her look a lot more voluptuous than she actually was. She had accessorised with grey ankle strap heels, a grey clutch and simple silver tassel earrings. She had curled her hair and put half of it up in a bun while letting the other half hang in loose waves down her back. She wore rose gold eyeshadow and a pale pink lipstick. She felt quite pretty and hoped that Anders thought so too.

When he knocked on her door, she went and opened it with a smile that only grew wider when she saw those gorgeous flowers.
"Oh my gosh, they're so pretty," Lauren said, her breath taken away. "Thank you so much."

A N D E R S
Blue eyes widened at the sight of Lauren, Anders always knew his girlfriend was beautiful, but in moments like these when she was dressed up, he was heavily reminded and appreciative. Not to mention honoured because she did it for their date, the smile that graced his face would not be easily wiped off. What really made her beautiful and made his stomach flutter was the pleased and smile on her face when receiving her flowers. If he could, he always wanted to see that smile on her face. It was a happy sight to see after all the suffering she had gone through the past few weeks. Anders made it his personal mission to make her smile as much as possible because she deserved to be happy after everything.

"You're the one that looks pretty. No, that's an understatement, you look amazing. " And even then, that could be an understatement. He extended his elbow and place her hand in the crook of it before leaning over and kissing her cheek. "Shall we?" His eyebrow arched at her before he led them out after a sign of confirmation. To his relief, his parents nor Jenna had stopped them or interrupted them on the way out. It was hard living with your girlfriend and parents. There was always a risk of embarrassment and intervention.

"So, I booked us a reservation at this restaurant." It was a fancy one and it had been a while since Anders ate at any fancy restaurant. It was also Japanese, the decor was proof enough of it and pretty in general. Anders was slightly concerned whether she would like the environment and food. That was the only issue with surprising his date, whether she would like it or not. "I hope you like it. If not, I'll have to survey you for our next date." He raised a finger as a matter of fact.