Stellar Empires 5; An Age Anew. (NATION RP)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
So my first post is going to be pretty damn long, should I put it in Spoilers or just let it be?

*Points to a previous post

IC Post Format
Nation Name:
"Title": (If you choose to give it one. Mandatory for Collabs which will be possible later on!)

Post Content: *Duh, the main post*

Actions Summary: Eg: (Send 4 Corvettes to explore the nearest 4 systems.)
Note, at the moment, responding to your events and sending out explorers is the main significant actions you can take. You have only explored your home system, so it will take some time to make contact with others!

Reactions: Kadaeux
shhhhhhhh. I was too excited.

It was a good post, but the formatting is needed i'm afraid. (Specifically so in the case of longer posts by people I don't forget something important they want to do. *Like your exploration groups*)

It was a good post, but the formatting is needed i'm afraid. (Specifically so in the case of longer posts by people I don't forget something important they want to do. *Like your exploration groups*)
Already edited it in

Polaris Opinions
Inspired by Brovo
The Polaris Collective
Waexians -
"Another AI people, wonderful! I'm sure we'll get along just fine, though some might hold your past aggression against organics under scrutiny." (Very Friendly, though some question the violent uprisings that created that nation. Willing to trade)

Confederation of High Praximand -
"The two of us are somewhat similar, I think we will get along just fine." (Friendly. Willing to trade with.)

(Side note: If you have Counter Terrorism, don't you need Dangerous Cults as a flaw?)

Selans -
"We have nothing against you, but your militant atheism makes it unlikely that we'll ever come to any sort of agreement." (Wary, due to Religious Intolerance trait. May trade if there is no danger of a merchant meeting an untimely end)

Idoblocium Swarm -
"The bug swarm? How cliche. At least they're not likely to find us a tasty meal, though if they start consuming our neighbors we may have to take action. Err...so says the hive that is!" (Neutral for the moment. Trade, if any, would be a shaky proposition)

Allied Kanei Clans -
"We admire your unity, though, sadly, your hatred of artificial intelligence makes diplomacy very sketchy at best." (Wary, due to AI Allergic trait. Trade likely impossible.)

Llengese Free States -
"The pirate capital of the galaxy, and they're right next to us? Oh no..." (Heavily cautious. May be blamed for pirate attacks on trade vessels. Trade possible, but shaky.)

Gatekeepers of Euphoria -
"Sir, the Euphorians have uploaded a pleasure virus."
"Again?! That's the third time this week! If these idiot kids don't stop trying to make our citizens into addicted ninnies they're gonna pay." (Hatred, albeit not to the point of outright aggression. How chaotic the nation is marks them as insane to the Collective, and they barely register as a nation to them. Trade nigh impossible.)

The Great Emperor's Republic of Patriam -
"Your government seems very well organized. We'll be happy to trade with you and share ideas." (Respectful and friendly. Trade very likely.)

The Ennan Remnant -
"It appears we both have been through some difficult times. If you ever need any help we would be glad to assist you." (Very Friendly. Trade likely.)

Gromic Matriarchy -
"Hmm...you're not as bad as those Euphorians, but you could stand to be a bit more clean." (Neutral. Government structure seems a touch close to Euphorians. Trade possible.)

The Oxivian Union -
"You seem to be an honest nation. I appreciate that." (Very Friendly. Collective can trust them to an extent. Trade likely.)

The Ascendancy -
ERROR 102: STAR WARS PLAGARISM RIPOFF DETECTED.

"Err...anyways. You are curious, like the Selans, however your intolerance for religion could be an issue." (Wary, due to Religious Intolerance trait. May trade if there is no danger of a merchant meeting an untimely end)

The United Galactic Federation of Phox -
"A Federation? We should be able to come to a good agreement overall." (Friendly. Trake likely.)

On an OOC note: Great I got sandwiched between bugs and pirates. At least Praximand is close by.

Happy New years!​

Reactions: Sarzu and Viral
@Kadaeux Just letting you know here, I'll try to get a post up Saturday, but I promise nothing as I have multiple familial obligations followed up with work. Failing that, I can get a post up Monday, I think. (I don't know what my work schedule is for Monday yet.) Just verifying that we can play out the events ourselves for now, without your influence?

No GM involvement required for the events mate, just you know, don't go overboard with them.

On another note, about the 'opinions' posts, while a fun exercise, just remember none of us have actually met one another yet so we technically know nothing about each other.

And on yet another note I should have a post up for the Kanei before the end of the weekend.

Lots of family is here from out-of-state so my post will most likely not come until the end of the weekend. I'll try to get one more trait and custom trais to fill out the rest of my Nation Sheet before i get my IC post up.

Happy New Year, everyone :D

I added the common trait and one custom trait to my Nation Sheet. I chose Currency Exchange for my common and I'll post my custom trait here for approval:

Stampede: Through millions of years of evolution, one trait has never changed for these Bovine peoples. Their favorite tactic is to simply run down their opponents and crush them or fight them in close quarters. Their ships and mechs are outfitted with engines to give them a short burst of speed to close the gap. The Oxivian Union gets a small defensive and speed boost while charging.

I added the common trait and one custom trait to my Nation Sheet. I chose Currency Exchange for my common and I'll post my custom trait here for approval:

Stampede: Through millions of years of evolution, one trait has never changed for these Bovine peoples. Their favorite tactic is to simply run down their opponents and crush them or fight them in close quarters. Their ships and mechs are outfitted with engines to give them a short burst of speed to close the gap. The Oxivian Union gets a small defensive and speed boost while charging.

That's acceptable.

First post for Gatekeepers tomorrow. May add more lore and will most definitely add VIPs.

And of course the one time I promise something, I hit a mental block. Sorry people, I will try my best to get something together as soon as possible, but I am still in.

Dont worry too much LStorm. Things tened to start slow often then pick up ad people get into the roles.

Youre not the only one hutting a block either. Sarzu and I have done the same.

I'm in the Navy and this had me dying. Also I enjoy your take on Beyoncé Begrroncé.
I'm glad to hear it! That post was certainly fun to write. Thanks for your service, man.

Sheet's done!
Just need to add VIPs (name generator's my friend) and history.

In response to questions about colonisation on Steam. Here is my answer here (for everyone else)

Colonisation 101

Step 1: Find a suitable planet you want to colonise. All systems on the map will have a colonisable world of some sort. (Uninhabitable systems aren't included on the map.)
Step 2: Send the Colony Ship, it'll take a bit longer as it will, upon being given the order, have to round up people for the colony, as well as perishable supplies. (Equipment is either already in storage, or part of the ship which is disassembled on establishing a colony.)
Step 3: As one might expect, landing the colony ship. Once landed the colonists will begin assembling the pre-built colony kit. (Metaphorically. It's assumed a colony ship will be designed in such a way as to facilitate easy disassembly into a prefabricated colony including power and water purification.
Step 4: Civil administration begins colony flights sending out people there. X amount of time later, the "Colony" is a fully fledged world. The tech level is good enough that a year is generally enough for a productive colony to be established.

Special Note: Naturally, random events can throw all sorts of wrenches in the works :p Or even lube up the process. (Finding a native population of sapient beings willing to join your nation is a huge jump-start.)

Extra Important Note.

For people who want to know. A GM "Status" post in the IC = a 'turn' for each turn 1 IC month has passed. This will include how many points you have to spend on troops, fleets, defences and the like (from the pdf.)

@Legulus @Firewombat @TheGreyWarden

How are you guys doing? Need a hand? (This goes for anyone who feels like they could use it.)
No, I have been working on my post bit by bit. I returned to school on Monday and I am still getting used to the school. And I am going to be getting a new gaming PC soon, so I say that I will finish my post near Friday to Sunday.

And my post is a long one as well. I just finished the part where they first meet the trading ship and have started on whether the leaders are going to let it dock at their planet or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.