Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion (Spoilers Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably why TR-8R (as they call him) threw down his weapons instead of just shooting Finn in the back like every other scum on that planet. He had a grudge on Finn because everything has done, has pissed off that Soldiers superiors, and he is getting his ass reamed because of Finn.
Add a lifetime of propoganda saying "if you aren't with us, you're against us" and tada! Instant hatred!

Because let's face it, New Order are space Nazis.

Add a lifetime of propoganda saying "if you aren't with us, you're against us" and tada! Instant hatred!

Because let's face it, New Order are space Nazis.

Yeeeaahhhhhh... that whole Hux speech. I was like: "Oh, bruh. Dial back the Space Hitler."

I'm kind of wondering if the First Order is going to have alien members, or if it's going to be like the Galactic Empire and just be like "hoomenz only plox".

I always figured it would be easier to control swaths of the galaxy if you had more than just a single species to draw from, especially ones that are better suited for certain environments.

I'm kind of wondering if the First Order is going to have alien members, or if it's going to be like the Galactic Empire and just be like "hoomenz only plox".

I always figured it would be easier to control swaths of the galaxy if you had more than just a single species to draw from, especially ones that are better suited for certain environments.
I want to say the new book established that they're going Hoomanz Only Plx, but don't quote me on that. I didn't finish it (o gad it was awful to read).

About the whole "I don't understand why they are so mad at Finn who was nobody special and just a grunt."

Well. That would be slightly true, to an extent, but Finn interfered with the First Orders shit. If Finn just disappeared and didn't aid BB-8, Poe, or Rey. The First Order would still want the scumbag to be killed, but he wouldn't be top priority.

But Finn interfered.

First. This grunt saves the best Pilot in the Resistance, helps destroy equipment of the First Order (when they are leaving in a Tie Fighter.) So now he has done that, Snoke finds out and Kylo and General Hux aren't pleased. Especially Hux with his whole "I have trained them since they were children thing". So now the General is pissed, and who is on the short end of that angry leash? The CO's, and now the CO's are pissed because the General chewed them out. So who is on their leash, the NCO's, and now the Soldiers. So now these Soldiers are probably chewed out, considered worthless and ineffective because of one damn guy, so now any soldier that sees Finn wants to kick Finns ass for all the pain and suffering they are going to have to endure. (This wasn't shown, but you know. Just kind of figures because of the First Order and Military shit.)

So now they hate Finn.

Now Finn saves BB-8 from the First Order and escapes. Rey doesn't matter at this point because they don't know she can use the Force, so she isn't that big of a deal at the moment.

So basically. The more shit Finn added on, just pissed the First Order's chain of command off even more until it fizzled down to the regular ol' Cannon Fodder Troopers.

This is probably why TR-8R (as they call him) threw down his weapons instead of just shooting Finn in the back like every other scum on that planet. He had a grudge on Finn because everything has done, has pissed off that Soldiers superiors, and he is getting his ass reamed because of Finn.

----

Of course, this is all just speculation, and my personal view on what was going on in the parts they didn't show. I could be wrong.

I understand why they dislike Finn. The problem is what caused him to defect as he was taken as a child, never knew his family which means an incredibly higher chance of brain washing. Also, tbh...his character would have been more anti social due to their strict regimen however he was very funny and social.

I wouldn't have minded seeing some good stuff on how the storm troopers are raised and trained. Just better character development.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I want to say the new book established that they're going Hoomanz Only Plx, but don't quote me on that. I didn't finish it (o gad it was awful to read).
Wait, there was a book?

I have a bad feeling about this.

We do. But most people prefer seeing character development themselves.
You can't be spoonfed everything, otherwise you're back at the prequels where they SUBTLETY HINT THE EMPIRE THEME EVERY TIME ANAKIN WAS ON THE SCREEN R U GETTING IT YET?

• Love
Reactions: Space Cowboy
10009291_10154357513126840_3379382580022727153_n.jpg

Funny af. She'll probably loose a leg tho...maybe an ear.

10009291_10154357513126840_3379382580022727153_n.jpg

Funny af. She'll probably loose a leg tho...maybe an ear.
Man, at the end of TFA when she had Kylo Ren beat, I thought she was gonna cut his arm off!!

Except she left him with a badass face scar. So... there's that. I guess.

I just was casually browsing through that link and that popped out at me. Jesus, shallow reviewer is goddamn shallow.
Yea, I took issue myself with that low blow too. :/
Also, how long do Wookies live? Chewie's hair regimen is on point.
This is EU facts, so JJ Abrams is likely using it as toilet paper... But they generally live for several hundred years at least.
About the whole "I don't understand why they are so mad at Finn who was nobody special and just a grunt."

Well. That would be slightly true, to an extent, but Finn interfered with the First Orders shit. If Finn just disappeared and didn't aid BB-8, Poe, or Rey. The First Order would still want the scumbag to be killed, but he wouldn't be top priority.

But Finn interfered.

First. This grunt saves the best Pilot in the Resistance, helps destroy equipment of the First Order (when they are leaving in a Tie Fighter.) So now he has done that, Snoke finds out and Kylo and General Hux aren't pleased. Especially Hux with his whole "I have trained them since they were children thing". So now the General is pissed, and who is on the short end of that angry leash? The CO's, and now the CO's are pissed because the General chewed them out. So who is on their leash, the NCO's, and now the Soldiers. So now these Soldiers are probably chewed out, considered worthless and ineffective because of one damn guy, so now any soldier that sees Finn wants to kick Finns ass for all the pain and suffering they are going to have to endure. (This wasn't shown, but you know. Just kind of figures because of the First Order and Military shit.)

So now they hate Finn.

Now Finn saves BB-8 from the First Order and escapes. Rey doesn't matter at this point because they don't know she can use the Force, so she isn't that big of a deal at the moment.

So basically. The more shit Finn added on, just pissed the First Order's chain of command off even more until it fizzled down to the regular ol' Cannon Fodder Troopers.

----

Of course, this is all just speculation, and my personal view on what was going on in the parts they didn't show. I could be wrong.
Ok, that's a pretty good case I never considered.
Which explains why they get so mad at him.

It doesn't really address this quick and sudden shift though, but to be fair those are two different topics. XD
I mean yes, war stress could have been the cause. But it wouldn't have been that smooth for him, not when he was apparently kidnapped and raised for the sole purpose of serving the empire.
You can't be spoonfed everything, otherwise you're back at the prequels where they SUBTLETY HINT THE EMPIRE THEME EVERY TIME ANAKIN WAS ON THE SCREEN R U GETTING IT YET?
We're talking showing basic character development and growth.
Asking to see characters grow and develop is just decent writing...

I mean seriously, if that counts as spoonfed then by god the only people who don't get spoonfed must be reading poor fanfics and watching tommy wiseau for a living.

Wait, there was a book?

I have a bad feeling about this.
They have created a number of new "Cannon" novels, some of which are of a very high quality and I would go out of my way to recommend (Tarkin, Lords of the Sith, Dark Disciple.) However, Aftermath was one of them released in September, supposedly covering the time right after Endor, and because of that exciting era there was a lot of hype for it. Now I didn't read it, but the word I've gotten from the majority of those who did was that it was a complete let-down. It sounds like the author didn't focus on any interesting aspect at all and the book was pretty much him shoe-horning his own personal story ideas into a Star-Wars environment, answering none of the questions fans had about the fall of the Empire.

The worst part though, was that when fans reacted to the disappointing direction the story went, the author lashed out like a child. Turns out the main character was gay, so anyone who didn't like the book was obviously a homophobe, and their dislike had nothing to do with the book being shitty.

Most of the "new canon" books are shitty. Although I did take a liking to Battlefront: Twilight Company. Good Star Wars war novel, would reccomend.

And to be clear, all those books are still considered canon after Disney Order 66'd the EU?

Most of the "new canon" books are shitty. Although I did take a liking to Battlefront: Twilight Company. Good Star Wars war novel, would reccomend.
I would hardly say they're shitty. Overall, one third is crap, one third is really good, and one third is just OK.

That already surpasses the ratio of bad novels in the EU.

And to be clear, all those books are still considered canon after Disney Order 66'd the EU?
The ones the captain and I talked about? Yes. Everything else is as gone as Alderaan.

• Thank You
Reactions: Dervish
I would hardly say they're shitty. Overall, one third is crap, one third is really good, and one third is just OK.

That already surpasses the ratio of bad novels in the EU.
Personal taste, I guess. I never really took for a lot of the Empire based stuff.

But a lot of the old EU was hit and miss, I'll agree with you on that

I will probably check out Tarkin and Twilight Company based on you gentlemen's recommendations. I do love me some good novels, and at least the EU can start fresh with some proper oversight.

Tarkin I hear is insane good. I don't know nothing about Twilight Company, but anything about 'the grunts' of the SW Universe is awesome. Just don't read Aftermath: the book that was supposed to bridge ROTJ and TFA. It's trash. (Apparently, however, the audio book is actually really, really good, because also, apparently, the story isn't bad, it's just the writing).

ALSO, BACK TO FINN:

I think something we're forgetting here is basic human psychology. It doesn't matter if he's brainwashed to be a murder machine and did fantastically during his training regimen (which he clearly did. He showed he was effective in combat). Also it doesn't matter his job is sanitation. We have Marines that do sanitation. Army that does sanitation. It's "unfortunate," but that's their job. Not everyone can be HOORAH commandos in the military (and not everyone wants to be). So now we know First Order uses Stormtroopers like US military uses Marines-- everyone's a Stormtrooper first, and then their MOS second.

Point I'm trying to make, even with all this training, in spite of your training, you can break down in the face of combat. Someone said it already before (sorry if I'm rehashing, bruh!), but that alone is all you need for Finn. "I don't like it," he concludes. He wants to get away. Fear grips him, as does that little pit in his gut that says, "This is no bueno." Notice how his main motivator isn't to join the Resistance, or to even fight against the First Order. He wants to GTFO. Even after meeting Maz, he wants to be GOOOONNNEEE.

Status
Not open for further replies.