Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion (Spoilers Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These Stormtroopers were pretty badass. I mean, they miss-- a lot-- but they actually feel more threatening. Especially with that curbstomp at the beginning.

I mean, that trooper. People are calling him TR-8R now, saw Finn with that lightsaber and threw down his shield and blaster rifle. He was ready to kick Finn's ass, and he wasn't going to shoot him in the back like a coward *Cough* Han *Cough* lol.

Reactions: Lea and Minibit
He was just so excited he got to use the anti-Jedi stick they trained him on but that he never got to use.

Reactions: Ochalla and Minibit
Trekkie checking in.

I liked it :3

Out of everything Force Awakens had for people to make into a meme or revere, or make fun of...

It was this motherfucker. Dear god, I have see so many different posts and pictures about this damn guy.

[spoili]
Tr_79f52a_5776591.jpg

d72a97372ef33ddefc3501524d2f286a54559cef934cbd4c854cecade5352325_1.jpg

Tr_a0a641_5776591.jpg

[/spoili]
These are beautiful. :3

These Stormtroopers were pretty badass. I mean, they miss-- a lot-- but they actually feel more threatening. Especially with that curbstomp at the beginning.
I felt it was more because they were just shooting a lot, when it actually came down to hitting targets(as in when they actually aimed at something in the sense that before they weren't really trying to hit anything in particular) they actually seemed reasonably good at it

Reactions: Minibit
I felt it was more because they were just shooting a lot, when it actually came down to hitting targets(as in when they actually aimed at something in the sense that before they weren't really trying to hit anything in particular) they actually seemed reasonably good at it
I think Finn being a storm trooper and knowing his way around a blaster lent credibility as well

And let's not forget

TR-8R!

TKUpm0i.gif

What's cool is that these tonfa-baton-things are clearly based on the "technology" of the magna-guards from Episode III, during the opening fight scene on the bridge with Obi and Anakin and Dooku. Their batons could defend saber blades. But... they were hardly dangerous.

This guy? This guy makes those weapons seem scary. Clearly not lethal, but wow, you can beat down someone with these things!

Correct me if my timeline shit is off somehow, but according to a theory I read:

What if Rey is a Kenobi?

Correct me if my timeline shit is off somehow, but according to a theory I read:

What if Rey is a Kenobi?
Reincarnation? It's possible I guess.

Nothing in the movies suggest it's possible though.
Then again, the idea of the force/midi-chlorians causing virgin births was a movie thing,

I can't say for sure if it was explored in the EU or not though, but none of the EU stuff I looked at least talked about it. As far as the movies looking for inspiration might go.
Though I think it's more likely they're going simply 'strong in the force' or 'secretly a sky walker'.

Or how about she's just strong in the force?

I understand it'll probobly end up that she's related to somebody, but the "everyone's related" shit gets on my nerves. It's a massive fucking galaxy, how the hell do we keep bumping into the same damn people over and over.

Or how about she's just strong in the force?

I understand it'll probobly end up that she's related to somebody, but the "everyone's related" shit gets on my nerves. It's a massive fucking galaxy, how the hell do we keep bumping into the same damn people over and over.
To be fair, all that's confirmed so far is Luke and Vader.

Vader they had to make a Skywalker thanks to Empire Strikes Back.
There's technically Kylo Ren, but he's so weak (considering his training) right now I don't think that counts as being strong in the force.

So the stuff with Rey so far is only speculation based on the movies previous trends.
They easily could have her be her own thing completely.

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

>:C

Jesus Christ, people!!

But seriously, too many cues and arrows and fingers pointing at Rey<->Luke. No, she's not just this trilogy's Luke (thought that is true). No, their relationship is not a Red Herring. There are no Red Herrings in Star Wars, because Star Wars is not deep, advanced, or mind-blowing story-telling. It's tropey, simple, and cliche. What Star Wars is, is wonderfully told and presented story-telling (let's forget the prequels though okay lol but srsly prequels had a story to tell just no Marcia Lucas to clean that mess up).

So yeah. Luke and Rey are related. /thread

To be fair, all that's confirmed so far is Luke and Vader.

Vader they had to make a Skywalker thanks to Empire Strikes Back.
There's technically Kylo Ren, but he's so weak (considering his training) right now I don't think that counts as being strong in the force.

So the stuff with Rey so far is only speculation based on the movies previous trends.
They easily could have her be her own thing completely.

And that emo kid whose name I forgot. Han and Leila's son, Luke's nephew, Vader's grandson. He was kind of annoying af.

I didn't cry. It was meh about Han's scene, felt like a repeat of Obi's.

I would have liked it if they had done some background on Finn. Honestly, his defecting seemed very out of place to me but I liked him.

Also the light saber is a family heirloom in the sky walker family it would seem, passed from father to father and then...Rey. <_<

BB8 is soooooo cute! I love it.

Reactions: Old Man Seiji
And that emo kid whose name I forgot. Han and Leila's son, Luke's nephew, Vader's grandson. He was kind of annoying af.
That was Kylo Ren. :P
I would have liked it if they had done some background on Finn. Honestly, his defecting seemed very out of place to me but I liked him.
The Movie made it seem like just a railroad point.

There was zero development on it.
Zero signs that he was a traitor if you weren't shown the act first hand, other than imperials randomly yelling "TRAITOR!".

Speaking of which, the people randomly yelling that makes no sense.
He's out of uniform, and a lowly grunt. Why would anyone recognize him, or even care that much?

It could have been executed far better, like what if he was actually hesitant with things like killing Imperials?
What if he took a lot more time to accept himself as an individual than simply being told "Your names Finn!".
What if he was of higher rank, like an officer or general?

Then when people like Kylo Ren randomly shout "TRAITOR!" it makes sense why they'd care. They might have worked together directly.
They could know each other, some dialogue could have been done about why Finn chose to leave them.
Also the light saber is a family heirloom in the sky walker family it would seem, passed from father to father and then...Rey. <_<
I honestly have no idea why Luke didn't just take it with him. :/
BB8 is soooooo cute! I love it.
Yea, I like him. :3

That was Kylo Ren. :P

I'm just gonna call him random emo guy with bad hair :p.

The Movie made it seem like just a railroad point.

There was zero development on it.
Zero signs that he was a traitor if you weren't shown the act first hand, other than imperials randomly yelling "TRAITOR!".

Speaking of which, the people randomly yelling that makes no sense.
He's out of uniform, and a lowly grunt. Why would anyone recognize him, or even care that much?

It could have been executed far better, like what if he was actually hesitant with things like killing Imperials?
What if he took a lot more time to accept himself as an individual than simply being told "Your names Finn!".
What if he was of higher rank, like an officer or general?

Then when people like Kylo Ren randomly shout "TRAITOR!" it makes sense why they'd care. They might have worked together directly.
They could know each other, some dialogue could have been done about why Finn chose to leave them.

Agreed. Apparently he worked sanitation and that was his first mission. Like...if he remembered stuff from his family life, I would get it. Just a bit but...it just seemed half assed. And yea, no one should really know his face cause that chick, prisma? Yelled at him about having his mask off. It just seemed rushed <<

I honestly have no idea why Luke didn't just take it with him. :/

Yea, I like him. :3

Apparently when someone was killed by emo guy, Luke quit being a Jedi and just disappeared like a little bitch <_<. So the lightsaber is a symbol of his Jedi status.

I would like it if they did more background on Rey. It is really nice to have a strong female lead who isn't all titties out flying everywhere.

aad.gif

Now that I have your attention....

I think that the movie was pretty okay. It overall moves a bit too fast and doesn't have the down-time between action scenes that A New Hope had to explain certain plot points (ie: what exactly happened to the Empire/Rebellion and how they morphed into Republic/Resistance/NewOrder). However, the action is top notch and characters were overall pretty good.

Overall, 5/10 on its own, would watch again (only because I saw a crappy quality pirated version :P). It's not so much a movie as a foundation for a new trilogy, so with the next two we'll see how things play out.

Also, Kylo ain't dead and will be a recurring villain, I'm callin' it now.

Also, Phasma < TR-8R.

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.