Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion (Spoilers Inside)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
a1MYQPb_700b_v1.jpg

Seriously, everyone goddamn forgets that he was shot by the movie equivilant of the Golden Gun and the BFG 9000's bastard love child.

TBH I love Kylo's rants. He's not some dehumanized stereotypical villain who has no emotions- he has problems, flaws, and acts like a person. The rants could very well be caused by stress (from suppressing thoughts) or be a part of the Knights of Ren training.

Very late to the party, sorry.

I really fucking loved the movie myself. Like holy crap. It was leagues better then the Prequel start. The fight scenes felt much more viscereal, they were actual fights, with body targetting slashes. Not the terrible shit we got in episode 1 where they swung for the fences and didn't even try to hit one anther. All the actors did a good job. Ren is a decent villain. He is shown to be really fucking proffecient with the force. I think people forget that SW is the series were the main jedi is always "Mary Sueish". The entire series is built around a repeating attempt at "The One chosen".

I am personally super happy they are going with the force resurgence as Prequels tried to make it less mystical and less enigmatic and the orginal trilogy have the force as something that is damn near extinct.

Also. To say that JJ doesn't respect the EU is retarded. Marvel made the call to peel back and seperate the old EU from the new movies to make soemthing new. JJ has actually payed a shit ton of homages and trickled in choice pieces from the EU into the movie.

Hell. Kylos name us fucking BEN SOLO.

Here is a tidbit.

Jacen Solo was the Badguy who in the EU, was the son of Han and Leia.
Ben Skywalker was the son of Luke.

The way the New Order work and feel is very reminiscent of the New Empire saga.

One of the new comics (who are in the canon), directly refer to the "Gray Jedi"

Last edited by a moderator:
AVPFzHj.png

Here. have a time-line. The notes are added in by me, based upon my interpretation.

I'd put Lords of the Sith and Tarkin at the top.

Lords of the Sith is just pretty crazy, you learn a little more about Sidious and D. Viddy's relationship and are treated to a feast of awesomeness.

Tarkin is for my fellow Empire sympathizers, it's a fun read, and makes you respect the Grand Moff. This also explains why Vader seemed to respect Tarkin in the first movie.

Dark Disciple is the one that came out of the blue for me, I wasnt expecting to enjoy it but I did. It follows Ventress and another Jedi trying to survive in the early days of the Empire.

I have yet to read Battlefront.

Give it a shot at least, if you enjoy Twilight Company, you might enjoy Tarkin as well. It really shows how he came to be such a cold motherfucker.
Also. Kaanan the Last Padowan and Star Wars: Vader are stellar comics to read. Both fairly new (2015 and forward)

So, you know how people were complaining how Kylo looks like a pretty boy and how that's not badass?

So, you know how powerful/longtime users of the dark side get physically corrupted by the dark side itself?

So, you know how Kylo Ren is pretty much just an apprentice?

So, you know how he's gonna totally come back in the next movie(s) 'cuz they didn't get a confirmed kill on the bastard?

He ain't gonna be pretty no mo'.

Also. To those that say JJ doesn't respect the EU is retarded. Marvel made the call to peel back and seperate the old EU from the new movies to make soemthing new. JJ has actually payed a shit ton of homages and trickled in choice pieces from the EU into the movie.
I will never be fully satisfied until a tall, blue alien holding the rank of Grand Admiral show up and starts fucking the entire new republic.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I just wanna see more Hux.
He was one of those characters I really wasn't entirely sure what to make of.

He just seemed like he had short-man syndrome and was way too eager to prove his authority at every turn.

He was one of those characters I really wasn't entirely sure what to make of.

He just seemed like he had short-man syndrome and was way too eager to prove his authority at every turn.
Well. If you are not going full hitler with your baddies, mix some napoleon bonaparte in there.

I'm still holding out for space-stalin to appear

All of Page 10 of this thread so far has been amazing, non-rage inducing, and lacking total herp and derp.

Good on ya, Star Wars Fans!

I grew up with the original Star Wars Trilogy, granted I was born after the first one was made, and I rather enjoyed Episode 7. I don't have any lengthy explanations as to why, though, as I am not that great at putting such things into words. It has left me hungry for more and with the hope things will deviate greatly from the 'this feels like a huge revision' path.

The prequels almost killed the magic for me. While there were some great moments I was left with a 'meh' feeling. I could rant on about all the things I didn't like in them, but eh. Everyone has heard those rants before, lol!

Reactions: Grothnor
Ben is the son of a princess so I guess that makes him a prince?
tumblr_o0eab3lQRc1r3mpqjo1_1280.jpg

Also sauce

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Rens problem was that he was tall. Tall people are inherently better then everyone else and sometimes it is hard to reign in. So you get all these people not understanding your superiority over them. And then one day a guy kicks you in the chin and punch you in the dick

And that is how Sith are made.

This is why Yoda was a jedi. He is short.

Um... Guys. Stalin, Hitler, Genghis only have the blood of millions on them.

Star Wars already has a man with the blood of billions.

Star-Wars-Grand-Moff-Tarkin.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.