Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion (Spoilers Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Kylo ain't dead and will be a recurring villain, I'm callin' it now.

They set him up to be Rey's rival. It's basically recycled version of Vader Vs Luke cept he ain't her daddy xD

They set him up to be Rey's rival. It's basically recycled version of Vader Vs Luke cept he ain't her daddy xD
Doesn't mean something doesn't happen in the next two movies where she ends up calling him Daddy.

Lmfao...sorry >.>

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mid and ze_kraken
I'm just gonna call him random emo guy with bad hair :p.
I just call him Benny usually. :P
Agreed. Apparently he worked sanitation and that was his first mission. Like...if he remembered stuff from his family life, I would get it. Just a bit but...it just seemed half assed. And yea, no one should really know his face cause that chick, prisma? Yelled at him about having his mask off. It just seemed rushed <<
Yea... Huge let down.
Apparently when someone was killed by emo guy, Luke quit being a Jedi and just disappeared like a little bitch <_<. So the lightsaber is a symbol of his Jedi status.

I would like it if they did more background on Rey. It is really nice to have a strong female lead who isn't all titties out flying everywhere.
But... Luke is meant to be practical. >.<
Even if we got just the movies he's disobeyed Yoda before because logic > Jedi reasoning.

Why would be separate himself from such a useful tool?

Why would be separate himself from such a useful tool?
q9M3kPl.jpg

Shit's probably haunted.

That and, y'know, he kind of lost it when his hand got cut off. He had to build that green one he used in Return of the Jedi, remember.

That and, y'know, he kind of lost it when his hand got cut off. He had to build that green one he used in Return of the Jedi, remember.
Oh yeah! XD

I kind of just assumed he found it again or something.
This makes more sense now! XD

Oh yeah! XD

I kind of just assumed he found it again or something.
This makes more sense now! XD
At the end of 7 there when Rey's offering it to him, he's probably having like turbo PTSD flashbacks. "Last time I saw that, I violently had my hand cut off. Get that fucking thing away from me."

Also, I'm curious how ANYONE found his lightsaber. I was kind of under the impression it joined his hand getting sucked into oblivion and presumably into Bespin's atmosphere, and being presumably a gas giant with an unreachable surface (if there is one), it's not like you can pick it up off the ground later after it goes in free fall for dozens of kilometers.

Like, did some janitor find it lodged in an air duct somewhere?

• Useful
Reactions: Mid
Also, I'm curious how ANYONE found his lightsaber. I was kind of under the impression it joined his hand getting sucked into oblivion and presumably into Bespin's atmosphere, and being presumably a gas giant with an unreachable surface (if there is one), it's not like you can pick it up off the ground later after it goes in free fall for dozens of kilometers.
Bespin's surface is liquid metal... so, yeah.... I'm curious too.

Then again, I learned that in EU, which is non-canon anymore, so.... idfk.

LOL!

Okay, I dun remember return of the Jedi so my bad. But thanks for reminding us, @Dervish!

Oh man, I love Return of the Jedi, shitty Ewoks and all (they become much better once you realize that if they were going to eat Luke, Han, and Chewie after capturing them, they probably have been a fuzzy flesh eating little horror movie for the Imperial Forces stationed there). I also tend to really like the final acts in trilogies on principal, plus it gave us Admiral Ackbar. Mofo's a goddamn champ.

But you be welcome!

At the end of 7 there when Rey's offering it to him, he's probably having like turbo PTSD flashbacks. "Last time I saw that, I violently had my hand cut off. Get that fucking thing away from me."

Like, did some janitor find it lodged in an air duct somewhere?
If we go movies only? The Janitor explanation is the best I can think of.

Otherwise I'd have to go EU and suggest the lightsabers crystals were calling out, and a force sensitive found it through that at a later point.

Bespin's surface is liquid metal... so, yeah.... I'm curious too.
I should have looked that up, I was honestly wondering.

I now also want to poke at Bespin's mercury-like bullshit surface and play with it now.

shitty Ewoks and all (they become much better once you realize that if they were going to eat Luke, Han, and Chewie after capturing them, they probably have been a fuzzy flesh eating little horror movie for the Imperial Forces stationed there)
Damn... o_o

I now see them in an all new light.

The First Order has people questioning their orders all the time. Didn't any of you catch the scene where Phasma said that she ordered Finn for re-education?

Re-education.

The implication that they're all brain-washed, fleshy battle-droids. Almost as if they're Clones... Clones that Hux himself says are inferior TO HIS LEGION OF BRAINWASHED TROOPS.

srsly do u gais even pay attention???/.

Now all that shit says is that Finn's OUT OF NOWHERE "I don't wanna be badguy anymore!" is out of context slightly. We're introduced to him on the mission to Jakku, where the village is annihilated. We see him being... unable to carry out the order. Now, why? That's the question that can be asked without clear answers.

Only thing that can be gleaned from what we're given is that this wasn't his first mission, and the first time he did shoot the civvies and it made him sick and question everything. Additionally, considering the fact that Phasma had to order Finn to re-education, I mean... We can figure out that this happens. Troopers question the First Order. So Finn is hardly the first Trooper to do it.

More questions? Sure, maybe. Guess that means the brain-washing isn't perfect. But answers are there guys, yeesh.

The First Order has people questioning their orders all the time. Didn't any of you catch the scene where Phasma said that she ordered Finn for re-education?

Re-education.

The implication that they're all brain-washed, fleshy battle-droids. Almost as if they're Clones... Clones that Hux himself says are inferior TO HIS LEGION OF BRAINWASHED TROOPS.

We do. But most people prefer seeing character development themselves.

It's like being told "Don't worry! Us in the Rebel Alliance have a lot of personality and history!" without ever being shown any of it.
Only thing that can be gleaned from what we're given is that this wasn't his first mission, and the first time he did shoot the civvies and it made him sick and question everything. Additionally, considering the fact that Phasma had to order Finn to re-education, I mean... We can figure out that this happens. Troopers question the First Order. So Finn is hardly the first Trooper to do it.
They outright said in the movie that was his first mission though.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mid

Re-education.

Now all that shit says is that Finn's OUT OF NOWHERE "I don't wanna be badguy anymore!" is out of context slightly. We're introduced to him on the mission to Jakku, where the village is annihilated. We see him being... unable to carry out the order. Now, why? That's the question that can be asked without clear answers.

More questions? Sure, maybe. Guess that means the brain-washing isn't perfect. But answers are there guys, yeesh.

I don't think he ever shot his blaster. Heck, even Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma noticed him flaking at his orders, which is why Phasma orders him to turn in his blaster for inspection after they return to base, to confirm he didn't actually shoot.

He probably did really well in training and simulations, and we know he used to be a janitor, so could be that his first experience with combat more or less broke his will. There's lots of real life cases where soldiers excel in training but when they enter combat for the first time freeze up and can't fight.

...Then you get guys like Sgt. York who was a pacifist before he was drafted in WWI and then he ended up winning the Medal of Honor and becoming such a badass warfighter he single handed took over 130 German prisoners. While this was a real person and Finn is obviously fictional, point is people react to combat stresses differently. It's not unrealistic to have Finn suddenly want to go AWOL and leave the First Order after experiencing war and fucking civilians massacres for the first time.

Also, I just ran into this on facebook.

A collection of negative reviews on the movie.
(SPOILERS) Very token. It introduces some truly great characters dripping with personality and motivation (Fin, BB-8) alongside the single worst character in Star Wars history (Kylo Ren) who looks terrible, acts badly, and takes his helmet off too often to reveal his shockingly ugly face.

I just was casually browsing through that link and that popped out at me. Jesus, shallow reviewer is goddamn shallow.

Seiji, put some ice in your pants brah.

Nice link, Gwazi. I thought the movie was okay, honestly. Reality is, it felt...recycled. I guess I'm not the type to sit around fangirling about such things so /Kanye shrug

Also, how long do Wookies live? Chewie's hair regimen is on point.

About the whole "I don't understand why they are so mad at Finn who was nobody special and just a grunt."

Well. That would be slightly true, to an extent, but Finn interfered with the First Orders shit. If Finn just disappeared and didn't aid BB-8, Poe, or Rey. The First Order would still want the scumbag to be killed, but he wouldn't be top priority.

But Finn interfered.

First. This grunt saves the best Pilot in the Resistance, helps destroy equipment of the First Order (when they are leaving in a Tie Fighter.) So now he has done that, Snoke finds out and Kylo and General Hux aren't pleased. Especially Hux with his whole "I have trained them since they were children thing". So now the General is pissed, and who is on the short end of that angry leash? The CO's, and now the CO's are pissed because the General chewed them out. So who is on their leash, the NCO's, and now the Soldiers. So now these Soldiers are probably chewed out, considered worthless and ineffective because of one damn guy, so now any soldier that sees Finn wants to kick Finns ass for all the pain and suffering they are going to have to endure. (This wasn't shown, but you know. Just kind of figures because of the First Order and Military shit.)

So now they hate Finn.

Now Finn saves BB-8 from the First Order and escapes. Rey doesn't matter at this point because they don't know she can use the Force, so she isn't that big of a deal at the moment.

So basically. The more shit Finn added on, just pissed the First Order's chain of command off even more until it fizzled down to the regular ol' Cannon Fodder Troopers.

This is probably why TR-8R (as they call him) threw down his weapons instead of just shooting Finn in the back like every other scum on that planet. He had a grudge on Finn because everything has done, has pissed off that Soldiers superiors, and he is getting his ass reamed because of Finn.

----

Of course, this is all just speculation, and my personal view on what was going on in the parts they didn't show. I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.