Star Wars, anyone?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

What Ship should we fly around in?

• XS Stock Light Freighter (TOR Ship)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dynamic-Class Freighter (Ebon Hawk)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Firespray-31-Class Patrol And Attack Craft (Slave 1)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Wayfarer-Class Medium Transport

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Barloz Class Medium Freighter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm... Let's just stick to letting organic life forms be force sensitice for now. That would cause a few issues, I feel.
He won't BE force sensitive, he'll just APPEAR to be force sensitive.
Plus, unless you're travelling on your own (which isn't going to happen unless the plot dictates it), finding those things are going to be pretty difficult given the state the Galaxy is in. Plus, unless we stopped at a secret Jedi/Sith Crystal mine, we wouldn't really be in the proper locations to find those crystals.
I'll just steal one of the jedi's lightsabers and just steal the crystals. or Arc beetle may. he's a kleptomaniac. and anyway, Its kinda fun to mess with people like that. also, I can't wait to see what happens when we kill a sith or something. my character WILL be calling dibs on loot.

Didnt force crystals, in The Clone Wars, reveal themselves o force users and are nearly invisible otherwise?

Yeah I'm pretty sure there was something in TCW about force crystals, but I'm currently re-watching the show so I'll have answers eventually, long after this discussions over :3

But as well, I really don't think the tech (or knowledge) to create force-scanners would be available anymore, given the fact that it's been nearly 30-40 years (forget what year ABY we're starting in that I mentioned in the OP) since any Jedi/Sith were thought to exist. Especially with the Coruscant Jedi temple being destroyed, I'm sure the data would've been lost as well. So it might be difficult to introduce that unless you somehow manage to know somebody who's had extensive knowledge of the remaining Jedi/Sith in the Galaxy and managed to retain vital information such as how and where to find force crystals/use them to make things.

While I would agree that Yes, force crystals are invisible to non-force users, UNLESS force users are around.
and Force scanners are rather easy to produce, They are simple scanners, like any other, but they use Force Crystals as lenses.

True, I'm just not sure if that's really a good route to go with. I mean, we already have about 3 force weilders on the good guys team already, so having a force-sensitive-Esque droid would just be a bit redundant.

Just out of curiosity (aside from the obvious answer), why would your character need a force scanner when the Galaxy has pretty much believed the Jedi/Sith to be extinct? Paranoia, or something else?

If you are talking about C-Cannon Force Detectors, those required SPECIFIC crystals to use. Not just any Force Crystal

Force detector

True, I'm just not sure if that's really a good route to go with. I mean, we already have about 3 force weilders on the good guys team already, so having a force-sensitive-Esque droid would just be a bit redundant.

Just out of curiosity (aside from the obvious answer), why would your character need a force scanner when the Galaxy has pretty much believed the Jedi/Sith to be extinct? Paranoia, or something else?
Should we ever get to OOC and I can start explaining stuff in one rather than peicemeal you'll find out.
Also, the entire point of having the 'force sensitive' droid is to confuse the everloving shit out of the force users. like "the actuall fuck?!"
If you are talking about C-Cannon Force Detectors, those required SPECIFIC crystals to use. Not just any Force Crystal

Force detector
No, I'm not, I'm talking about something else, I don't know if its still cannon after disney's cutting and chopping. It allows a droid to see in 'force vision' like jedi do.

Should we ever get to OOC and I can start explaining stuff in one rather than peicemeal you'll find out.
Also, the entire point of having the 'force sensitive' droid is to confuse the everloving shit out of the force users. like "the actuall fuck?!"

We'll get to the OoC when we have the ship thing sorted out. Besides, there's a few more things I need to do for the plot, but I'm almost done the thread. I just need confirmation of the ship and then we can start.

But why would you want to throw off the force users on your own team? There's only like, 1 player controlled Sith villain (and my NPC's), which is debatable because unless we get some villains I might just change things around so they reluctantly work with the heroes (@Shayla, I'll PM you about that tonight and talk about stuff concerning your character).

It just seems odd to me that you'd want to throw off force users when they're either on your team already or there's only one or two player enemies. Sure there's going to be a few enemy ones, but really that would make more sense if we were all playing Jedi and you were a non-force powered character going either against us or were on your own and needed a way to dispatch Jedi/Sith.

Because, Again, back story. but also, once they are used to it, it means that anyone who is impersonating them becomes very clear very fast. AND random force users we come across freak the fuck out.
All will become clear when I draw up a back story.

No, I'm not, I'm talking about something else, I don't know if its still cannon after disney's cutting and chopping. It allows a droid to see in 'force vision' like jedi do.
I have been trying to look up what you are talking about. There was a force sensitive droid in a Short Story, the red astromech that blew up in episode 4 (I was surprised when I read that)

And then there are the Iron Knights but they aren't as much droids as they are Sapient crystal shards in mechanized bodies.

The only technical "Canon" sensors that measured force sensitivity were the midichlorian sensor that Qui Gon used and that required a blood sample.

Oh, a quick addition. There is a difference between a Force Crystal and a Lightsaber Crystal. They are not synonymous

Oh, a quick addition. There is a difference between a Force Crystal and a Lightsaber Crystal. They are not synonymous
I have been trying to look up what you are talking about. There was a force sensitive droid in a Short Story, the red astromech that blew up in episode 4 (I was surprised when I read that)

And then there are the Iron Knights but they aren't as much droids as they are Sapient crystal shards in mechanized bodies.

The only technical "Canon" sensors that measured force sensitivity were the midichlorian sensor that Qui Gon used and that required a blood sample.
Oh jeez, well, After disney cutting shit, the Midichlorian sensor is bullshit. and the differences are null void. Not kidding, Disney is a bitch about these things. also, Said red astromech was also cut from the cannon. welcome to Disney where they just take shit and make a mess of it.

Oh jeez, well, After disney cutting shit, the Midichlorian sensor is bullshit. and the differences are null void. Not kidding, Disney is a bitch about these things. also, Said red astromech was also cut from the cannon. welcome to Disney where they just take shit and make a mess of it.
Even if it WAS cut, I should be able to find it in the Wookiepedia because they Keep all C-cannon stuff as well in a "Legends" bar.

Seems to me like you're trying to fit the square peg in the round hole, if it doesn't fit the story maybe you shouldn't try to "force" it in. (See what I did there)

Seems to me like you're trying to fit the square peg in the round hole, if it doesn't fit the story maybe you shouldn't try to "force" it in. (See what I did there)

Yoda-What-You-Did-There-See-It-I-Do.jpg

Reactions: caligari
Okay, I'm leaning towards a smuggler and pilot type character. Not really affiliated with either the good or bad, but leans towards the good side. I'll give it some more thought.

Alright well do what you've got to.

Alright, well the OoC is complete, all we'd need to do is decide on the ship.

Tomorrow the poll closes, so make sure to cast your vote! If it's still a tie, then I'll make a list of numbers and have somebody pick one. The numbers will be divided equally so we can figure out which ship is our main one.

Former Battlefield Surgeon I think I am gonna go for.

Alright, @WitchChild

Also @NewKingofDrangleic, you and WitchChild already have a leg up on the RP (I'm using the same sheets as before, minus the second faction thing. Took out the Jedi/Sith factions because they aren't as prevalent in the Galaxy with this plot).

Status
Not open for further replies.