Status
Not open for further replies.
Not caring if the new kid followed them, Irene only raised a finger to her lips, signaling for him to stay silent. Hopping down the stairs after Rosa, she paused and crinkled her nose. The deeper they went, the worse it seemed to start to smell. The guard they were following had pulled out a flashlight, and as he waved it around, Irene could see that they had emerged in the middle of a row of cages. Cages that were filled with small unmoving little bodies. That is until the guard veered left, and a pale arm shakily reached out from between the bars.

"H-help, p-pl-please," The voice was raspy and weak. Pathetic, thought Irene.

The guard slammed his foot into the bars and shouted, "Quite!" his loud voice reverberating through the dark basement. The voice started whimpering but didn't try to reach out again.

The pair stayed hidden in the shadows as the guard continued pass the cages and exited the room. Suddenly she hear the sound of shuffling footsteps and soft muttering. Another guard?

Turning around, about to tell Nora to be quiet, she found that he was nowhere in sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the very end of the long hallway, in the last cell, was two kids who were still writhing and bleeding fresh blood, their bodies mangled beyond repair. Nora quietly sliced the bars of the cells open and walked inside without hesitation. He wrapped his arms around the two kids, and ended their suffering.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled, teary eyed as he held their bodies, still warm and bleeding. It suddenly dawned upon him as he sat there--- why the guards called him a monster. Why the world called them monsters.

They were afraid.

Quietly he stood up, blood pooling at his feet as he turned around to look at the two girls that followed him there. The other corpses in the cells slammed against the bars and foul blood were seemingly squeezed out of them by an invisible force. The two children in his arms turned pale and wilted, a stream of fresh red mixing with the dirty, nearly black liquid at his feet in a gentle whirlpool.

"Let's get out of here." He wiped his tears away, sniffling as he made eye contact with the two girls. "And don't touch the blood. It's dirty."

Reactions: PixelatedLights
Nichole dry heaved and coughed. She ran up the stairs quickly and took a few breaths coughing. Nichole looked up and cursed seeing some more guards coming.

She froze the floor and smirked slightly skating past them."catch me if you can suckers!" Nichole called out to them buying the others time to get out of the basement quickly. "C'mon you guys are so slow!!" She called skating faster.

It was so funny how they called him monster and yet... they went and murdered even more people than he ever did. Young children who did nothing wrong, sat huddled up in piles inside the tiny cells and bled to death because of their so-called punishment. And Nora noticed how the majority of these corpses were kids-- it was because they were weaker. The guards needed to show that they were in power, so they manhandled the weak ones infront of the stronger ones, put up a dramatic show in order to scare them into submission. They kept the children hidden to increase that fear of anticipation, and prevented anyone from getting out by brutally killing them.

Now what should he do? It did not occured to him that he should make a plan. There wasn't any anything that really scared him now that he discovered what they did to the ones who were caught. Cages couldn't hold him. Guards wouldn't stand against him. The fury in him told him to just destroy all of them, but then where would the kids go?

"Wait--" The girl had already run off, distracting the guards that came looking for him. Not knowing what to do, he ran out while the guards were distracted and sneaked into the mess hall, where the guards were yelling about the missing people.

Leigh ran out of the basement after Nora and used her powers to cause another distraction to get Nichole out of her tight spot. Ducking into a tight corner, she watched as the guards left to go see what damage was done and who had caused it. Coming out of her hiding spot, she ran in the same direction as Nora and ducked into the mess hall as well, sitting next to the skinny boy.

Nichole panted and ran into the kitchen. She plated the food and started bringing out plates of food placing them on the tables. Nichole continued bringing out the plates of food and pitchers of juice or milk and water.

She glared at the guards and one picked up a plate tossing it at the wall."I told you what to serve kudo! They don't deserve this kind of food they get what we told you to give them!" The guard shouted at her pulling her up by her shirt."well maybe I don't want to give them that inedible slop." Nichole said as the guard's hands started to freeze."I give them what I like to make now take your hands off. Before I break them myself." She said coldly.

Rosa swore nastily under her breath as she shuffled toward one of the cages, her mind forgetting about the guard nearby. The creature inside was moaning and the head was unnaturally small for its body.

"Kill... me..." they moaned. Rosa got closer and pushed away the darkness that surrounded the cage. Oh gods.

The head belonged to Maria, that annoying six-year-old who tried to run on her second day. She managed to cause a mini earthquake before the guards had knocked her unconscious and thrown her in solitary. At least, that's where everyone thought she went.

But her body was something entirely different. It was grotesque in nature: the body belonged to a man, according to the mangled genitalia, and there were numerous brands and tattoos covering the chest. The bloodied hands were puffy like balloons and instead of fingers and toes, there were claws.

"Shit. Irene look at this," Rosa hissed. Suddenly, a bloody hand shot through the bars of the cage and steel claws wrapped around her throat.

• Bucket of Rainbows
"I-I'm here!" He called out softly from his spot, once he had hidden all of his blood into the cracks in the floor. He made sure that he didn't touch any of the kids, because the blood was filthy and he didn't want to make anyone sick by accident. The next thing he knew, a guard slapped him so hard he stopped breathing for a second.

There was loud yelling, and he was disoriented and afraid. The kids scampered away from him and watched from the side as he whimpered and sobbed on the floor. But at least now the guards stopped searching around the building, and no one tried to drag him away. Check in continued as if nothing happened, and he kept to himself. On another note-- he should find a way to store all the blood for future usage.

Nichole broke the guard's hands off. She sighed and fixed another plate before going over to Nora."Nora are you alright?" Nichole asked concerned helping him up.

She took him to a table and sat him down."here you need to eat so you can have some strength in you."

Irene planted her feet and wrapped an arm around Rosa's waist, the other grasping at the clawed hand and tried to pull her away from the cage. She yanked with all her strength, but with her small frame it was not much help. Abandoning that idea, Irene grabbed the bloody wrist and squeezed hard, digging her nails into the soft flesh trying to get the metal claws to loosen. She stared into the cell, gaze locking with Maria's own crazed eyes and projected. Fear us. Be scared. You are terrified. You are so terrified that you want to die. Kill yourself. Kill. Your. Self.

The creature began to twitch and its grip slackened then tightened again as it fought with itself. Rosa watched in horror as its other hand wrapped around its own neck and began to squeeze. The head of the girl smiled as her lips turned blue and as the steel claws pierced her neck, a thick black liquid began to seep out instead of blood. Finally, the hand let go of Rosa's throat and she threw up at Irene's feet. The corpse in the cage smelled like a festering carcass even though it had been dead for hardly a minute and the delighted smile on the lifeless face made Rosa wretch again.

Suddenly, Rosa became aware of thundering steps that were approaching them. She looked at the dead thing one last time before cloaking them in darkness and running for life.

Lightly flicking the vomit off her shoes, Irene crinkled her nose at the smell and stared at the corpse. Dead. Her gaze hardened. This was a kill or be killed world and she would have no sympathy for the weak. She slowly unclenched her fists and her normal eerie smile was back on her face just as she noticed the thundering footsteps approaching.

The darkness wrapped around her like an old friend, and she took off running beside Rosa. The cages passed by them in a blur, and they barrelled into the connecting hallway. Irene dragged Rosa to the side, aiming to hide in the shadows beside the doorway until whoever was following them had passed. Then they could take their time and head back to the mess hall for dinner.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Leigh looked over at Nora with something akin to sympathy at the guards treatment of him and walked over, patting his shoulders lightly before taking her seat next to him and waited for Nichole to get her a plate as well. Her stomach rumbled at the sight of the delicious meal in front of the scrawny boy that she couldn't help herself and snagged a bit, stuffing it into her mouth.

She looked over the other orphans as she chewed the food slowly to savor the taste of what a real meal should be.

Nichole gave everyone their plates and said"would you like juice, water or milk?" Holding up three pitchers. She poured the other orphans what they asked to drink.

Nichole smiled looking at Leigh and Nora waiting. She sat next to them placing the pitchers down and picked up her spoon."I hope you guys like it, just hid my cook book again from the goons."

Nora looked at his food, seemingly reluctant and disinterested. The bruises and the red hand mark on his face had completely disappeared, only the dirt and grime remained on him.

"You can have it if you want," he told Leigh, and his dazed expression turned into something akin to amusement when he saw the girl picking food off his plate. He nibbled a bit on the food, but after what he had seen in the basement he had honestly lost all of his appetite. Milk was chosen as his beverage, and it was the only thing he finished in his meal.

Come to think of it... where are the other two? They went down to the basement too, yes? Through a different route though, when they followed... some guard. Nora tried to look around the hall, and frowned. They were definitely not here. "Hey... there were two other people leaving the hall just now, right? Two girls."

Leigh chugged the pitcher of juice to wash down her meal and looked at Nora. He was definitely talking about the Rosa and her psycho companion that were also in the basement.

"Yeah. Bitchy and the Beast were in there too. Why so curious about the two that floored you before meal time?" She asked, snagging his food and eating it without even reaching for a fork.

• Love
Nichole started to eat her meal and placed her hand on her cheek."why care about the bitches who pick on the weaker ones more than the guards?" She asked raising an eyebrow before going back to her meal. "Che I really don't care what the hell they do as long as they don't try to hurt the younger ones for fun. I hate it when they do that."

"Yeah-- but what if... what if the guards tries to kill them or something? Like they did to the kids?" He felt the need to point out that they were all kids, albeit a little older than the ones they see dead. Those two should get a second chance-- even when they were mean.

They couldn't snuck off a second time, considering how the guards were acting like hawks around them. By this time, Nora guessed that they would have found those guards that was injured and the damage they have done. The only reason why they were not going to try and engage any of them now was because they knew that they would be overpowered. And that might trigger a rebellion, when the kids noticed that these guards weren't all that powerful at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Then they got what has been coming to them for ages." Leigh states, no emotion what-so-ever in her statement. Finishing both plates of food and the juice, she uses her napkin to wipe of her hands of any food particles and looked between her two companions to see what will be decided. She hoped that the bitch duo were caught and tortured or experimented on for their deeds against everyone they picked on. Taking her eyes off the two, she looked at all the guards and noticed that they were all on higher alert than normal. 'After the shit we pulled, it's no wonder they are on higher guard than other days.'

"I'm with Leigh Nora sorry, but it's the truth." She said finishing her meal then went to collect the plates. It took three trips to get them all. Then she started washing up every dish.

Nichole wiped her forehead and sighed calling the younger orphans with her and the new ones to follow her."I'll show you guys to your rooms. It isn't much but it's better than 'that' place."

Status
Not open for further replies.