Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally out of Sasha's weakening range, Irene sighed before she, stared up at the nigh sky, and breathed in a breath of fresh air. She giggled and continued to follow Leigh and Nora. They seemed to be headed towards a floating bubble? Seeing the moonlight glint off the surface she eerily smiled. It was an ice bubble. So that cook did survive, and no doubt she had tried to save as many of the orphans as possible too.

She made sure to keep the pair running in front of her in sight as they entered the dark forest while Rosa's thudding footsteps followed close behind her. The sound of sirens wailed and echoed in the night as the dark figures disappeared deep into the forest.

He flinched slightly, not used to the close contact, but let the girl examine him. As soon as they left the range of Sasha's powers, the blood began to bead up on his skin and float into the air, before gathering into a small ball on top of his head. He let the blood ball fly a couple of steps away, before releasing it. The same effect occurred on Leigh's hand, which left them relatively clean, since the blood took away a lot of the debris and dust on them.

"Sorry... That was reckless of me. We should catch up on the others," he murmured, despite feeling faint from being very very out of breath. Leigh was a bit shorter than him-- but she was definitely more fit. "Sorry again... uh... about y'know..." Nearly killing her and all.

"Where is everyone else, by the way?" Hopefully they were all alright...

Leigh just shook her head, smiling a bit at the taller boy. Releasing his face, she began to look around. She noticed her least favorite duo following them and grimaced. She then noticed a small glimmer out of the corner of her eye and looked up, taking notice of the ice bubble at last.

"Glad to see she told us where she is. Come on." Leigh instructed, grabbing Nora's hand again and starts jogging towards the floating bubble. "Oh and don't worry about it. You aren't the first person to kill me and you won't be the last."

"You're not dead yet... so technically, I haven't killed you," he muttered, trying to keep up with her pace as he was dragged along again. The ice bubble was noticed soon after that, and he realized what was going on. That other girl decided to send a signal that way... but...

"We should get there quickly and leave... if we can see the bubble, so can... the enemy...?" Not sure if they were going to be chased down, but he was pretty sure that they shouldn't be waiting around. "I don't want them... finding us again..." Ahhh... the first time he used so much of his powers and of course he lost control. Not cool. But it's even suckier when someone was there to somehow stop his powers from working. Nora felt awfully vulnerable without his blood control, despite hating it so much.

The forest walled them in, with it's tall looming trees, and the tiny overgrown paths. It muffled the noises of the search sirens and even their thudding footsteps were muted against the mossy ground. Yet, Irene's breathing still felt too loud for the deadened night. Thin branches whipped at her face while the creeping weeds seemed to grab at her ankles. A search light passed in front of her and she froze, pressing back up against a tree, the rough bark scratching at her back.

Shit, if they called in air support already then they must want the escapees back more than she'd thought. Ducking beneath a low hanging branch, she caught up to the pair running in front of her. Irene could already feel the distaste being projected at her from Leigh, and the corners of her lips tugged. Their group made their way deeper into the forest, with the occasional pause, as they held their breathes waiting for the lights to pass over them. Finally Irene broke into the clearing filled with orphans that made it out and that cook seemingly trying to keep them all calm.

Suddenly she remembered what had drawn them here. Glancing up, she saw the moonlight reflect of the smooth surface of a glass sphere. Weaving through the kids she stopped in front of the cook and in a sing-song voice said, "Might want to get rid of that ice ball now, unless you want all these orphans that you worked so hard to save be captured and experimented on,"

Reactions: vo_dcc
Nichole glared at Irene and waved her hand in a circle. The ice bubble turned back to water and the water poured down into her hand making a sphere of water. It swirled before evaporating into the air. Nichole helped the children up and picked up kaito. She ignored Irene and looked at Nora and Leigh."we need to get these kids somewhere safe, let's travel under the cover of night and get a great distance away from here. We'll set up camp once we find a good spot to rest." Nichole said looking up at the moon.

Leigh nodded at Nichole's suggestion and helps to gather the kids. "Once we reach the city, we will need to get more food and water." She states, looking at Nichole and Nora.

Nichole nodded and said"got it. Let's get moving." She guided the children along having gently tied the sheet to their wrists to make sure they were together. Nichole continued walking leading them through the forest.(-hugs moon- ^^)

Rosa surveyed the group of kids with distaste. Travelling in large numbers was far from convenient, but a few of them looked like their powers were maybe useful.

As they walked toward the inner-city, Rosa tried to remember anything from her haphazard childhood. She had lived in one of the cramped apartment buildings and she supposed her family was still there. One glance at the city skyline told Rosa that there were maybe dozens of buildings to search through.

The group came upon an abandoned convenience store. Nearby, Rosa noticed crumbled ruins of what might have been houses. Dom had once told her that the city they lived in was one of the few cities that hadn't been overrun by people driven crazy by radiation. Nonetheless, people kept disappearing to go overseas and look for the mythical "bubble cities" that surrounded by thick domes and kept radiation levels to a minimum.

But Rosa knew that the bubble cities were just a myth and anyone who went to look for them never came back. So she walked into the convenience store and began to check leftover food for their expiry dates.

Leigh walked up and down the aisles in the convenience store, trying to find non-expired food. She was use to finding and eating stale food at her home before Ellie's but with a group of kids, that option was out the window. She found some water in a surprisingly still working fridge and was grabbing small little snacks that still haven't expired.

They finally left the cover of the forest after the search lights had passed and the sirens had faded away. A few more hours of traveling brought them to the outer rings of the city. By now dawn was quickly approaching and from where Irene stood she could see the small twinkling lights of the inner city. It was a big contrast from the dark abandoned buildings in her foresight.

Looking around she could see that the area had been abandoned recently, the last of the residents likely moving into the inner sanctum. It was recent enough that there was still some usable stuff if you looked hard enough, but long enough that no one would bother them. Still, she kept her eyes peeled for lingering street rats while she scoured the place.

Their group began to disperse, starting their search for supplies in old stores and ruined houses. Seeing a few people veer into the convenience store, Irene headed to the pharmacy two doors down. The windows looked hastily boarded up and the door was covered in old flyers advertising a miracle city free from radiation. Irene ripped one of the papers off and examined it. "

'Bubble City, a safe haven free from radiation. A wonderful place where everyone is accepted. Where you can begin your new life!'

Irene smiled to herself, thinking of all the people that went looking for the mythical cities only to never return.

The door opened easily with a light push, and she made her way into the messy shop. Immediately making her way to the counter, she checked the cash register for any money. She didn't know how long there were going to be out in the wilderness, but they would have to enter the cities at some point. There were some supplies that you just couldn't find, and although she didn't mind stealing them, planning a job took time and effort. While she didn't find any cash, Irene came across a small white box stuffed underneath the counter. "Emergency Supplies," she read before prying the top off. Small amounts of matches, candles, protein powder, food pills and luckily, an old flashlight and some batteries in there too. She stuffed everything into her pockets leaving behind the candles. She flicked the flashlight on and finally got a good look at the pharmacy.

First, Irene needed to look for a bag or a backpack. Humming a morbid tune, she made her way into the back room and found two backpacks hanging on the wall alongside some employee uniforms. Slinging one over her shoulder, she grabbed the other one in case one of the other kids needed it. They would need supplies, and she wasn't going to carry everything herself. More importantly was that she didn't want a trail of dead orphans leading the guard straight to them. Travelling in such a big group like this wasn't ideal, but if they ran into enemies, certain powers could be useful, and if they weren't, well they would be cannon fodder. Irene started to make her way through the aisles, throwing anything of use into her pack, all whilst her humming echoed around the room.

There wasn't much Nora could do, aside from following them from behind. He still felt unwell, anaemic from overusing hos powers earlier. Really could use some food right now-- the meal by Nichole that was mostly ditched earlier but damn... he wished he had eaten it while he still could.

During the years he spent on the run, he never once went out of the forests. He had always been afraid that he might go berserk in a city full of people, and destroy everything. Even now, he wasn't sure what was the extent of his powers, and he wasn't planning to find out. Especially with all these itty bitty kids here.

The buildings were a signt to behold. He stood still for a while, to catch his breath and also to admire the abandoned, run down city that seemed eeriely peaceful in this ungodly hour in the morning. To think that once upon a time, this place was filled with people... it was quite saddening. He never got to stand for long, however, as the others began moving quickly. The strange empath girl was already off to do a scavenger hunt, and the rest seemed to be following her even though she came off as a lone wolf. Maybe they didn't know what else to do, so they just following the one who did.

"Umm... I-I think we should have a plan or something-- at least some sort o-of ... I don't know. Plan...?" Eyes nervously darted from one person to another. "I mean... There's a lot of people here and they are mostly kids so. Um. It would be nice if someone can lead... and uh... I don't-- I don't know about having this many people in a group, honestly. M-maybe... we should split up..." There was well over twenty, at least. It looked like they were a classroom going on an excursion.

Nichole said"ok I'll find what I can in some of these stores." She led the children along with her and had found an abandoned store. Nichole rubbed her chin thinking and nodded to herself. She took out her bag and took out her wallet for when they needed fresher food. Hey someone had to buy the food for the orphanage. Nichole smirked as she had taken most of the money from the old hag when she had a chance.

"Ok guys follow me, single file and stay close. Don't go wondering off." She told them. The kids nodded and followed her closely looking around the stuff on the shelves. Nichole started gathering the food they needed and would keep long. She nodded to herself and smiled softly at a little girl that held her hand."Nichole-san a-are you sure it safe here? I-it's kinda dark and s-scary..." The girl named Sakura asked softly." Don't worry I'll protect us so no need to worry everyone." Nichole said hugging her gently. Sakura relaxed as did the other children feeling safe and protected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosa relished the silence. She hated children. They reminded her too much of her own family.

There was a crash from the back of the store and Rosa immediately cloaked herself in shadow. She approached where the sound originated and found a humanoid... thing holding up a knife and baring its teeth. Suddenly, its shoulders slackened and it offered a lazy grin.

"Rosa? You're too pretty to be covered in shadows all the time."

Rosa let the darkness go back to the corners of the shop. "Alex?"

The thing nodded. "What are you doing here? After the orphanage burned down, the police went crazy looking for you. I thought you'd be two towns away by now."

"What about you?" Rosa asked, trying to make sense of the creature before her. "I thought you were still in the hospital?"

Alex scoffed. "What bullshit. They did take me to the hospital but all they did was turn me into an animal. I'm supposed to be some uppity general's bodyguard slash biological weapon. You know they made my blood toxic?"

Rosa stepped away. "Why aren't you with the general now?"

Alex sighed. "Sorry, Rosa. Who said I wasn't?"

Then the gunfire started.

Leigh gasps at hearing gunfire and instantly ran off to find Nichole, Nora and the kids. They had stayed too long in one place and that was the worst thing to do when they were being hunted down. As she ran, she could have sworn that she saw a shadow run past her, but it couldn't have been Rosa, the frame was to broad for one such as her. Plus, she caught sight of yellow eyes and what appeared to be claws. Shaking her head, she found the people she was looking for.

"We gotta go! Now!" She ordered, taking the stuff Nichole gathered and herding the kids out of the area. "Come on Nora!"

Nichole nodded and kept the kids close to her running with Leigh. She covered them in a protective bubble as she ran."keep moving!" Nichole told the kids. They did what she said scared

The gunshots were loud, but the screaming that followed was louder. Irene peered through the boarded up windows at the army that had appeared out of nowhere.

Tsk Tsk, I thought we had gotten away too easily Irene thought before she let her senses and the darkness seep and spread into those around her, wrecking not physical but mental havoc. Then she dashed out from the building, weaving in between soldiers and screaming orphans, using them as human shields to block the spray of bullets. She laughed as she twirled through the destruction.

Irene twisted out of the path of bullets, and leaped over fallen bodies, that eerie smile never leaving her face. She only paused when she couldn't spot Rosa. The blood boy and his keeper were running ahead of her, ice girl was behind them, still protecting those orphans with that ice bubble of hers. Too bad it looked like if was about to break under the relentless spray of bullets, but that wasn't her concern. Where was Ros-"FUCK! You little one eyed bitch! Get back here!" Found her.

Now, Nora wasn't affected by bullets, being able to liquefy his body and all...

He was, however, extremely tired because of the earlier incidence. And the ridiculous amount of children was annoying him, too. Too clumsy and messy-- too distracting. The group was going nowhere and now they pay the price.

Should he leave on his own? He could, absolutely. Easily, in fact. And he would move so much faster on his own, but then Leigh called out to him and he felt bad. How dare him even think about ditching them when they saved him back there, much less consider it an option? Sighing, he made a small motion with his hands, and some of the soildiers bursted as if they were an overfilled water balloon, spraying gore everywhere while Nora wobbled.

He was seriously risking 'Berserk Nora part 2' right now, but he continued, and suddenly stopped to stay behind and stop the bullets as much as he could while they escaped.

Leigh stopped and looked back at Nora, her eyes wide at the fact that he had stopped running. Looking at Nichole she gave her a silent order to keep running and make sure the children were safe. Running back, she summoned up a ring of energy and sent it flying past Nora, slicing up more enemies.

She would have fired another ring of energy but stopped when she heard simultaneous howls coming from every direction. Scanning around, Leigh took note of several pairs of eyes and knew off the bat that these were beasts that could either be friends or foes. She made is to Nora and grabbed the skinny boys wrist with a gentle firmness. "We have to leave now Nora." She said, keeping an eye out.

Nichole gritted her teeth and pushed the ball of ice along with a stream of water turning some corners continuing to run. Her mind was racing as the continued running with the children making sure they were out of the line of fire along with kaito. Kaito was whining and was in Sakura's arms.

Nichole panted heavily as they made it far from where they could be found by those monsters. She fell to her knees exhausted and the bubble of ice evaporated.

Status
Not open for further replies.