Spellheart [Luna & Jakers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shibo didn't really know what to say in response to Marcy's answer. What she'd just said had made Shibo question her thoughts on romance altogether. Could she really commit to such a thing, and be prepared to face (or commit) the act of being separated from a partner without being crushed? Could she really do everything to please a partner in the future, if she ever got one, and never make them feel doubtful about their situation?

It made Shibo all the more nervous about ever tackling romance, if it ever came to it. For now - Amiko was Shibo's friend. And after meeting Marcy, Shibo sort of wanted to keep at as 'friends' forever. She just didn't want to hurt anyone with stupid feelings of hers. And she'd only known Amiko for a day, anyway. Perhaps in time, Shibo would think that Amiko wasn't really for her romantically, after all. But nonetheless - anything could change at any moment. Swallowing, Shibo looked at the floor, before gently leaving Marcy's grip.

"It wasn't horrible. I... understand why you did it now." Shibo mumbled, her breathing much softer than from when she first woke up. "I'm sorry that it hurts. But... maybe it's not all lost? ...If not, there might be someone else out there for you. I've never had a boyfriend or anything like that, so I can't even begin to understand your pain." Shibo continued softly, still covering up the fact that she was a lesbian herself. She just wasn't ready to say something like that yet. Especially in this situation.

Rubbing Marcy's back gently, Shibo got in a little closer.
"Let's go see her. I'm guessing you know where she lives now, too." Shibo whispered. "...But... I don't know if you know this, but... she recently got taken in for questioning by the government. They thought she was leading some sort of conspiracy or something, but she's been proven innocent, obviously." She paused. "...However, she was only recently released. I don't know what they've done to her, but..." Shibo balled up her fist. "...She just looked really ill the last time I saw her. I don't know what they injected into her, but... I just don't know how she's going to be. I just hope she's okay now... which is why I wanted to check." Shibo looked at the floor. "Amiko was there for me in my first battle, so we're quite close friends. I want to repay her by trying to make her feel better, just by hanging out with her or something. But maybe you can help her even more than I can." Shibo said, smiling weakly before she looked up again.

From there, unless Marcy wanted to say anything else, Shibo would be happy to take her along with her to Amiko's house.

Marcy shakes her head, walking off towards Amiko's house. "I think you are starting to understand, but there is a lot more to the story than you can imagine. For first thing, this isn't the first time this has happened. I know how I'm going to find her. Secondly, Ami isn't fast to become friends with anyone. She has been betrayed on too many occasions for that. If you are fond of her now, it might just be because you don't really understand anything about her. So from this moment on, try to be a good listener. Take it from me, I used to be exactly in your position, and you currently know a lot less than you might think."

Turning to face Shibo, Marcy places her hand on her shoulder, "I'm not trying to be mean, or to scare you off. I just want another friend for Ami, and I'm scared she might push you away if you do something careless."

Trying to lighten the mood, "But also don't try to be something else. Ami probably likes you for who you are. You two fought wonderfully together, so I think you could be good friends. Let's surprise her with some company."

Marcy casually brings out her Angel's Clothes, changing into a cute 14-year-old girl. "I want to see her again."

Shibo wasn't really sure what to say as she listened to Marcy's words. Well... of course she didn't know anything about Amiko; she'd only known her for a day, after all. But... by the sound of it, there were some pretty big secrets to Amiko which Shibo would probably never find out. But... what was this about Amiko being hard to trust others? She seemed very open and friendly, but maybe that was just a visage Shibo hadn't managed to see through. Maybe Amiko, deep down, didn't trust Shibo at all.

Silent in thought, Shibo blinked when Marcy turned into... a younger appearance? But why a young girl like that? Was this to disguise herself so Amiko wasn't freaked out?

"...Why that appearance? I know there's probably an important reason, but... yeah. I don't know a lot." Shibo asked quietly. Either way, she supposed she was just going to wait and see how it turned out, and be a 'good listener' like she was told to be.

Marcy places her finger to her lips to think for a moment on how to answer Shibo, then she stops walking to highlight the comedy of her answer, "There isn't a good reason. It's just my personal preference. There is probably an important reason why I chose this form over any other form, but the changing itself isn't important. If you'd like, I can do it for you too."

"...Oh?" Shibo kept quiet for a moment. It was her preference to look... younger? Shibo didn't really understand why this was, and if there was some other meaning behind it, she knew her mind was a bit too shallow to figure it out there and then. When Marcy offered to give her a different appearance, Shibo shook her head. She liked being herself, not being put under some sort of guise. A lot of girls liked to dye their hair, wear contact lenses... all of that stuff. Shibo would never do that normally, let alone changing her whole appearance.
"Uh... no thanks. Though, that's a very nifty trick of yours. I've never seen anyone use a spell for something like that before." Shibo pointed out, before squinting as Amiko's home came into view.

Coming to the doorstep, Shibo paused for a moment, sweating a little. How would she react to Marcy? Would she be upset? Relieved? Shocked? Shibo suspected Amiko would be somewhat happy to see her, but... there was still the factor of her being ill in the equation. It could change her personality completely. Hopefully, if it came to it, Marcy would know what to say and do to comfort her if that was the case. Like she'd said, this wasn't the first time she'd seen Amiko like this, after all.

"Well... here we go." Shibo mumbled under her breath, before giving the door a few quiet knocks - totally opposite to the first time she'd knocked on this door. If Amiko didn't hear the door and didn't answer, that'd mean she was asleep or resting, so Shibo would just come back later.

Although there is no answer at the door, Marcy simply opens the door which seemed to have been left completely unlocked. Modifying her appearance, Marcy removes her shoes. Interestingly, she chooses to make them completely disappear rather than leaving them on the ground. Turning back enthusiastically, "Come on in. Amiko is still waiting on us."

Shibo blinked.
"...She is?" She asked quietly as she entered through the doorway. No answer suggested she'd be asleep or resting like Shibo'd presumed - from there, it'd be her first instinct to go back and wait a while before coming again. However, Marcy just went right on in. Noticing she made her shoes disappear, Shibo took hers off. Usually, Shibo didn't take off her shoes when she went in someone else's house - not because she didn't care, but usually because she forgot.

The interior was the same since Shibo'd last came in. Though, understandably, the house was a little unkempt. Whilst it certainly wasn't a mess, there were a few little signs of the place being more unclean than usual. Following Marcy up to where Shibo could only assume was Amiko's bedroom, she seemed hesitant to take a step further when she saw her. She was in bed, with the covers over her. ...Was... was it really okay for Shibo and Marcy to just barge in like this? Was she taking a nap right now, or...

However, it became clear to Shibo what was going on. As she looked at what she could see of Amiko under the covers, there were a few key signs of Amiko not looking after herself properly. Her usually neat, long, and cute blonde hair was shaggy and in a mess. She looked sweaty, and a little unclean. Whilst she couldn't exactly smell her from across the room, Shibo could guess that she'd have somewhat of an unpleasant odour if she got right next to her. She hadn't showered... in fact, had she even eaten anything or drank anything? Perhaps the whole reason of this 'visit' wasn't just to check up on Amiko. It was to look after her, after the state the government had left her in... those bastards. Shibo now knew why Marcy had just let herself in: Amiko needed help and care, and nobody else was around to give it to her.

Taking a few steps forward, Shibo shrugged off the small bag at her side, opening the flap of it. Inside the bag, a few things were visible. Things like tissues, bottled water, the same granola bars as that first morning with her, and low-grade medicine like painkillers. Shibo didn't take out anything just yet, but placed it on the floor. She didn't even know if Amiko needed or even wanted any of those things - she'd just packed them this morning, just in case. Besides, Marcy probably knew ten times more what Amiko needed right now.

"...Am... Amiko? Are you awake?" Shibo called out softly. "It's Shibo. ...And..." Shibo paused, figuring to let Marcy let her presence be known how she wanted it to be known.

Amiko, at first, seems to be asleep, but she quickly wakes once Shibo starts talking to her. Noticing her presence, Amiko smiles. Soft and kind as Shibo can remember, "Shibo, I didn't think that I would get to see you so soon. I'm sorry it couldn't be under better circumstances. As you can see, I'm quite a sight right now." Marcy gives Amiko a short wave before waiting outside. She didn't seem to have any intentions of entering the room. "I'm glad that you ran into Marcy. She always had a habit of coming in unannounced, but you seem like the type that is too polite to just come in unannounced. How did you two meet?"

Shibo gave a brief sympathetic smile in return to Amiko, before sitting on the edge of the bed with a sigh, fumbling about in her bag for a moment. Hearing Amiko speak again was music to the ears, and the fact that Amiko still knew who she was was even more so.
"Quite a sight? Well... maybe, heheh. But I'm just glad you're okay." Shibo chuckled, giving one of her more playful grins to try and lighten the mood. Looking for something in her bag, Shibo paused at Amiko's question about Marcy. So... she could recognise her in that form, meaning Marcy used to be in that form often when around her? ...Curious...

"Oh... I met Marcy here by having a training battle with her." Shibo paused, deciding not to bring up how Marcy challenged her for the real purpose of seeing Amiko just yet. "...It was... super intense. She gave me a run for my money, to say the least." Shibo continued, giving a wink to Marcy outside the door. "I won just by the skin of my teeth, so I don't even know if I should count it as a victory. Thanks to my Crimson Ultraslash, which you didn't get to see when we were fighting together... I managed to tip the scales. Just."

Why did Marcy leave the room, anyway? Was she just anxious to see her, or... well. It was probably a lot more complicated than that - way out of Shibo's understanding. But the two still seemed to be on good terms - though that's what it seemed like on the exterior. It could be a lot more awkward if Shibo weren't here, though she didn't know how the two even broke up. She suspected it was a very calm breakup and the two remained as friends, but... yeah. Who knows what it was like now.

Pulling out the various supplies some sort of mother would bring up for a child who was sick and off school, Shibo placed them on the bedside table.
"...I bought some stuff if you needed it. Asprin, paracetamol, water... if you're still feeling ill, that is. I don't know how it's been for you." Shibo mumbled. "I'm sorry for what they did to you. But... I knew you were innocent all along." She paused, deciding not to enquire further about the questioning matter. Amiko might just want to forget about it.

"Anyway. Sorry if I'm being a bit too much like an overworried mom, but... do you need help with anything? If you want something like a shower, I'm sure Marcy and I could help you out of bed." Shibo offered, looking into those purple eyes.

Shibo gave a brief sympathetic smile in return to Amiko, before sitting on the edge of the bed with a sigh, fumbling about in her bag for a moment. Hearing Amiko speak again was music to the ears, and the fact that Amiko still knew who she was was even more so.
"Quite a sight? Well... maybe, heheh. But I'm just glad you're okay." Shibo chuckled, giving one of her more playful grins to try and lighten the mood. Looking for something in her bag, Shibo paused at Amiko's question about Marcy. So... she could recognise her in that form, meaning Marcy used to be in that form often when around her? ...Curious...

"Oh... I met Marcy here by having a training battle with her." Shibo paused, deciding not to bring up how Marcy challenged her for the real purpose of seeing Amiko just yet. "...It was... super intense. She gave me a run for my money, to say the least." Shibo continued, giving a wink to Marcy outside the door. "I won just by the skin of my teeth, so I don't even know if I should count it as a victory. Thanks to my Crimson Ultraslash, which you didn't get to see when we were fighting together... I managed to tip the scales. Just."

Why did Marcy leave the room, anyway? Was she just anxious to see her, or... well. It was probably a lot more complicated than that - way out of Shibo's understanding. But the two still seemed to be on good terms - though that's what it seemed like on the exterior. It could be a lot more awkward if Shibo weren't here, though she didn't know how the two even broke up. She suspected it was a very calm breakup and the two remained as friends, but... yeah. Who knows what it was like now.

Pulling out the various supplies some sort of mother would bring up for a child who was sick and off school, Shibo placed them on the bedside table.
"...I bought some stuff if you needed it. Asprin, paracetamol, water... if you're still feeling ill, that is. I don't know how it's been for you." Shibo mumbled. "I'm sorry for what they did to you. But... I knew you were innocent all along." She paused, deciding not to enquire further about the questioning matter. Amiko might just want to forget about it.

"Anyway. Sorry if I'm being a bit too much like an overworried mom, but... do you need help with anything? If you want something like a shower, I'm sure Marcy and I could help you out of bed." Shibo offered, looking into those purple eyes.
Amiko looks on with interest as she begins to fill in the voids on how things came to pass this way. Although Amiko seems rather passive, her eyes seem to lock in on every little detail of Shibo's expressions. She notices the glance towards the door, the way Shibo's eyes take in her visage, and the expressions Shibo produces as she digs into her bag. With Shibo looking worriedly into her eyes, Amiko decided she should do something to help Shibo along.

Pulling out a bigger smile, "You are very considerate Shibo, but I'm afraid you are misunderstanding something. I'm not sick at all. I can get up and move about just fine. I just recently got over a cold, but other than that I've been perfectly healthy. I just woke up from a nap, which is why I'm in bed. But as for why I'm not getting out right now, is ummm..." Amiko blushes, "I don't like sleeping with bottoms on, and I didn't know I was going to be having guests. I think Marcy was trying to signal you out of the room, but she's just really bad at conveying messages like that." Clentching onto the bed tightly, "But never mind that. I don't feel like getting out of bed anyway, and I've wanted to talk to you for a long while now. So, could you tell me what it is like working at the arena?"

Shibo felt a little embarrassed when she realised Amiko wasn't even sick in the first place, but that embarrassment was literally nothing in comparison to how she felt when Amiko revealed why she had the covers over her. Going literally bright red in the face for the first time in Amiko's presence, Shibo jumped off the bed when she heard Amiko wasn't wearing any buttons, making somewhat of a squeak as she hid her face. It was mostly the fact she had no idea, and... well... y'know. Under that blanket was... oh, Jesus. And to think she was sitting right on the side of the bed a second ago. How embarrassing... she really should've picked up Marcy's hint.

"A-Ah... I, um... y-yeah!!" Shibo spluttered, eager to change the flow of conversation about the whole arena thing. Loudly clearing her throat, Shibo was still a little red as she continued to talk. "S-So! Yeah...! The arena. Working there is... intense." Shibo paused, thinking of the five battles she'd had so far. All of them were difficult, challenging, and had taken a toll on her body in illusionspace - although nothing compared to the fight with Marcy. That was by far the hardest, and the most punishing. She could still feel the ash sticking to her, even though it wasn't there.

"Intense, but rewarding. And... well, it's fun, too, in some sort of weird way. I can feel myself growing, learning new tricks... thinking of new methods and battle strategies. Each battle is an ordeal - not some cakewalk - which is just what I wanted. I've wanted to push myself for quite a while now, and... yeah. Working at the arena does that." Shibo explained, losing her embarrassed composure as she looked out the window as she talked. "They weren't lying about a training battle every day. You're expected to go to at least one a day, which may not seem like much, but there are people way harder than those two boys we fought. It's hard work, but... it's what I want to do. Being in the military's always been a lil' kid's dream, y'know? And... heh. Well, here I am."

Shibo looked like she was about to go on and ask Amiko something, but blushed as she turned around, remembering Amiko's current situation.
"Ah, crap, right!! Sorry for rambling, I... uh... do you want to get some clothes on?! I can, um..."

Amiko's eyes seem to glow as Shibo talks about her experience in the arena. Even though the mood feels somewhat awkward considering Shibo felt so embarrassed to be talking to Amiko in her current state of undress, Amiko still seemed nothing but grateful for Shibo to stay in the room with her. When Shibo suggests that she wants to leave, Amiko gives the briefest, most subtle look of shock. It even seems she might want to object, but then she comes to a decision, "If you are going to leave, could you send Marcy in here? I know it sounds ridiculous, but right now, I just... need someone with me. She is used to this sort of thing, so it is probably less awkward for her."

Trying to divert the subject to something less strange Amiko gives a reassuring smile, "I'm not ready to leave the house, but I promised you a lunch a while ago. I'm still going to show you my favorite restaurant, but I wanted to do something for you. Maybe I can cook something up for you... Or actually, no, that would be hard for me..." Amiko goes quiet. Amiko doesn't show any anxiety, but redirects her train of thought, "Anyway, I'll definitely figure out something I can do. For right now, I need to get ready. The more I think about it, the more I realize that it isn't right to rely on you for this. I need to get a shower." Amiko blushes, realizing she let on more than she intended. Then, she abruptly seems to have a change of heart.

Looking somewhat powerless, Amiko blurts out with a distinct lack of tact "But, I don't actually want to leave your side, even if it means I'm stuck underneath the covers. The truth chemicals are still in my body, so I'm finding it hard to hold myself back right now. I'm really sorry if that seems like a selfish request. Please refuse it if you are even a little bit uncomfortable. In fact, if you refused, that would be nice because then I wouldn't have to worry about making you do something you don't want to do."

Horrified with herself, Amiko hides herself under the covers, "I can't believe I just said that. I'm so sorry. Please just ignore me."

"...Amiko..." Shibo mumbled almost inaudiably after her outburst. Some sort of truth serum was still coarsing through her veins, which must've felt horrible for her. It'd be awful for private thoughts to just come flooding out like that. Shibo couldn't begin to imagine the damage she could possibly do if she had some sort of truth injection in her.

Shibo was quiet for a moment, before the under-cover Amiko would feel Shibo sit on the edge of her bed again.
"...No... you know what? That's okay." A little grin came to Shibo's face from Amiko's bashfulness, though she still felt really awkward knowing that Amiko was half-naked under those covers. But it wasn't like she was about to just throw them off, so it was fine; she could get over it.

"If you want me to be here, I'll be here. It''s the least I can do."

Shibo tapped her feet on the floor for a moment, thinking back to the other things Amiko had said. The outburst was a bit of a shock, so she'd almost forgotten. "Oh... you can worry about that lunch when you're fully back in the swing of things. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to it, but... don't worry about it for now, heheh." Shibo said, feeling less and less awkward about the whole no-bottoms thing the longer she sat here.

"So... do you think you'll be back to work in the arena, soon? That security guy we saw on the first day is a really great guy. He understands why you've been off for a couple days, and I'm sure he'd forgive you for it." Shibo asked. A few seconds after saying those sentences, though, Shibo suddenly seemed to wear a guilty expression for a moment. She'd forgotten about the whole truth serum thing, and she'd asked a question, meaning that the private could come out now. It was unlikely Amiko would say anything super revealing after a question like that, but Shibo would need to put questions on hold for a while.

"...Amiko..." Shibo mumbled almost inaudiably after her outburst. Some sort of truth serum was still coarsing through her veins, which must've felt horrible for her. It'd be awful for private thoughts to just come flooding out like that. Shibo couldn't begin to imagine the damage she could possibly do if she had some sort of truth injection in her.

Shibo was quiet for a moment, before the under-cover Amiko would feel Shibo sit on the edge of her bed again.
"...No... you know what? That's okay." A little grin came to Shibo's face from Amiko's bashfulness, though she still felt really awkward knowing that Amiko was half-naked under those covers. But it wasn't like she was about to just throw them off, so it was fine; she could get over it.

"If you want me to be here, I'll be here. It''s the least I can do."

Shibo tapped her feet on the floor for a moment, thinking back to the other things Amiko had said. The outburst was a bit of a shock, so she'd almost forgotten. "Oh... you can worry about that lunch when you're fully back in the swing of things. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to it, but... don't worry about it for now, heheh." Shibo said, feeling less and less awkward about the whole no-bottoms thing the longer she sat here.

"So... do you think you'll be back to work in the arena, soon? That security guy we saw on the first day is a really great guy. He understands why you've been off for a couple days, and I'm sure he'd forgive you for it." Shibo asked. A few seconds after saying those sentences, though, Shibo suddenly seemed to wear a guilty expression for a moment. She'd forgotten about the whole truth serum thing, and she'd asked a question, meaning that the private could come out now. It was unlikely Amiko would say anything super revealing after a question like that, but Shibo would need to put questions on hold for a while.
Amiko spends some time underneath the cover, steeling herself for more time with Shibo. From underneath the covers, it would be difficult to ascertain what sorts of things she felt, but the moment she poked her head out from under that covers it seemed like she didn't have objections to Shibo staying here. Though, the vulnerability and awkwardness were subtly showing. The way Amiko's eyes flickered, unable to look Shibo in the eyes but not wanting to turn completely away might remind Shibo of the way the middle school girls would act on valentines day. The usual piercing calm Amiko tended to project seemed absent from this different side of her.

Trying to seem composed, but struggling against the truth serum, "Considering the strength and size of the dosage, I'll probably have the symptoms satisfactorily under control in three days. But even then I'll still..." Amiko seems to catch herself from saying something before continuing on, "I just mean to say that the side effects are embarrassing and compromising. I need to keep my private life to myself, both for the sake of the government and myself and everyone who decided to trust me."

"But still, I've been worrying about you. I didn't think that the person I partnered with would behave so cordially with me. I think you've figured this much out by now, but I have a bad rep among the government officials. Most people know to avoid me before I've even met them. That seems like a reasonable response in my opinion. Why would a person want to take on all my personal baggage when Spellheart is filled with other kindhearted people? It only makes sense when presented the choice between myself and anyone else that they would make that choice. So, I just wanted to understand. Did you come close to me because you didn't understand the risk of getting involved with me or did I become someone worthwhile to you in some way, even in spite of the risk?"

"...I couldn't care less about these 'risks'; our government is... overprotective. I can spot a bad person, and you're not one of them. You guided me through our first fight, kept me calm, gave me smiles... and even left me out iced water. ...H-Heh... no amount of 'suspicion' the government has about you will stop me from wanting to see you again after that." Shibo slowly. There was something about the tone and rhythm of her voice that really made it sound like she was speaking from her heart, and her legs appeared very shaky as she continued.

"...There's friends who say 'hi' to you when you pass them down the street, and then there's friends who'll stick out their neck on the line for you. I... I've only known you for, what, a day and a bit? But I still feel like you're the latter. That's why I couldn't care less if Shibo Aozoa is going into some watchlist by talking with you right now."

Shibo looked like she wanted to say something else, but kept it to herself, ending her words there as she looked at the floor.

Amiko looks at Shibo directly in the eyes for about eleven seconds, completely unable to say even a simple one-word reply. For Amiko, it seemed odd to her that Shibo had been capable of giving such a powerful statement after having been ambushed with such a killer question. Amiko found herself equal parts touched, concerned, and surprised. Amiko thought that she had a good read on Shibo, but this sort of statement pushed a question into her mind which she couldn't possibly keep internalized in these conditions. "How can you just say all of that with such certainty, when we've only known each other for about two hours?"

Amiko looks downcast that she actually ended up saying that when she meant it only internally, but now that it was out, she thought she might as well explain. "People just don't get to know each other that quickly. There are people I've known for my entire life, yet am no closer to understanding. For all you know, I really am conspiring against the government. Even if you could be sure I was a perfectly upstanding person, since you decided to come see me, there is a real possibility you too will be taken into an interrogation. People all around you will suddenly stop associating with you. You will find people unwilling to serve you in the commercial center. Your family might even try to legally revoke you from their name. I don't have the sort of power and influence to save you from that. If I'm not worth all that, you should just leave it to Marcy. She's already stained her hands."

Shibo was silent for a long while, before she closed her eyes, let out a breath, and relaxed a little on the bed. A lot of thoughts seemed to be going through her mind, and her face had taken to of a somewhat stern and serious expression. It was as if she was conflicted - knowing that she wanted to live up the Aozoa name, but her honour wasn't strong enough to block out Amiko from her life.

"You're right. I've only known you for two hours, so what I'm all saying now must feel... weird. I'm sorry if I'm still a bit of a stranger, but... hear me out for a moment." Shibo quietly stated. After a pause, she continued. "...My brother Kaz once said to me, at least once in your life, you'll find a friend that just 'clicks' with you. You'll want to spend time with them more, and you'll think of them so highly, but you'll never understand why." Shibo laughed under her breath for a moment. "I always thought that was rubbish, of course. But... after meeting you..." She continued quietly, before drifting off. Shibo seemed twitchy, like each word was a struggle, a conflict, but she was willing to push some of the smaller boundaries inside of her. There was so much more she wanted to say, but she didn't want to come across as overly clingy, creepy, or desperate. Did Amiko even feel the same way about her? Probably not. So she had to be choosy with what she said.

"...I know my family wouldn't revoke my name for something like that. Us Aozoa have a good name, and we're proud of it - true - but we're not so proud as to reject family for some 'conspiracy theories'. They might still be disappointed with me, but that won't stop me from loving them." Shibo clenched her fist suddenly, snarling her lip a little.

"And if the government think I'm part of some sort of conspiracy group, they can come and get me right fucking now! They can inject their needles, lock me up, shout at me... but I'll keep serving this city until my dying breath! So what if I'm friends with Amiko Windflurry? Does it mean I'm suddenly not willing to lay down and die for Spellheart? This is... t-this..."

Shibo breathed heavily, even surprising herself with her outburst. Putting a head to her sweating forehead, an almost unreadable expression somewhere between guilt, worry, and disbelief was on Shibo's face as she hunched over a little.

"...I'm sorry. That was too much." Shibo whispered. "Sorry for creeping you out. ...I should go."

Shibo was silent for a long while, before she closed her eyes, let out a breath, and relaxed a little on the bed. A lot of thoughts seemed to be going through her mind, and her face had taken to of a somewhat stern and serious expression. It was as if she was conflicted - knowing that she wanted to live up the Aozoa name, but her honour wasn't strong enough to block out Amiko from her life.

"You're right. I've only known you for two hours, so what I'm all saying now must feel... weird. I'm sorry if I'm still a bit of a stranger, but... hear me out for a moment." Shibo quietly stated. After a pause, she continued. "...My brother Kaz once said to me, at least once in your life, you'll find a friend that just 'clicks' with you. You'll want to spend time with them more, and you'll think of them so highly, but you'll never understand why." Shibo laughed under her breath for a moment. "I always thought that was rubbish, of course. But... after meeting you..." She continued quietly, before drifting off. Shibo seemed twitchy, like each word was a struggle, a conflict, but she was willing to push some of the smaller boundaries inside of her. There was so much more she wanted to say, but she didn't want to come across as overly clingy, creepy, or desperate. Did Amiko even feel the same way about her? Probably not. So she had to be choosy with what she said.

"...I know my family wouldn't revoke my name for something like that. Us Aozoa have a good name, and we're proud of it - true - but we're not so proud as to reject family for some 'conspiracy theories'. They might still be disappointed with me, but that won't stop me from loving them." Shibo clenched her fist suddenly, snarling her lip a little.

"And if the government think I'm part of some sort of conspiracy group, they can come and get me right fucking now! They can inject their needles, lock me up, shout at me... but I'll keep serving this city until my dying breath! So what if I'm friends with Amiko Windflurry? Does it mean I'm suddenly not willing to lay down and die for Spellheart? This is... t-this..."

Shibo breathed heavily, even surprising herself with her outburst. Putting a head to her sweating forehead, an almost unreadable expression somewhere between guilt, worry, and disbelief was on Shibo's face as she hunched over a little.

"...I'm sorry. That was too much." Shibo whispered. "Sorry for creeping you out. ...I should go."
Amiko seemed like she was about to respond when suddenly Marcy comes into the room. With calm concern, "I heard yelling from the other room, so I came running. I'm sorry if I'm interrupting something, but I was scared that something happened. Everyone is alright right?"

Amiko flashes one of those smiles intended to calm people down, "Marcy, don't worry about it. I just forgot to tell Shibo our rule about yelling. She felt particularly passionate, so that is just how she decided to express it. Plus, when you make yourself look like a little girl, it makes me feel guilty when you look at me like that."

Marcy looks rather guilty. After reviewing the scene for a short while, she understands how she misinterpreted the scene. Looking towards Shibo apologetically, Shibo bows her head, "Sorry for misunderstanding. I got protective of Ami, and I didn't think it through. I'm really sorry."

Shibo put her forehead into her palm, staring at the floor.
"No... you're fine, Marcy. I was the one who wasn't thinking things through. I lose control of my mouth sometimes, and... yeah." Shibo murmured half-heartedly. Her loud mouth had got her into trouble and uncomfortable situations quite a few times before. She'd learnt to bite her tongue as she'd grown up, but this was the first minor outburst she'd had in a while. It was just the unfairness of it all that'd got her fired up.

Shibo wasn't mad at Marcy or anything - it was her own fault for stirring up a ruckus. But she still couldn't help but wonder what Amiko was about to say. Now she was in the middle of the ex-couple. Would Marcy be angry or upset by her sitting on the edge of the bed like this? Shibo hoped not, as she didn't seem like that sort of person, but... ugh. There was some sort of painful pange inside of her just by being here and she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

Other than that, Shibo seemed truly unsure what else to say. She just stared at the floor, wearing a glum yet occupied expression, seemingly in deep thought.

Shibo put her forehead into her palm, staring at the floor.
"No... you're fine, Marcy. I was the one who wasn't thinking things through. I lose control of my mouth sometimes, and... yeah." Shibo murmured half-heartedly. Her loud mouth had got her into trouble and uncomfortable situations quite a few times before. She'd learnt to bite her tongue as she'd grown up, but this was the first minor outburst she'd had in a while. It was just the unfairness of it all that'd got her fired up.

Shibo wasn't mad at Marcy or anything - it was her own fault for stirring up a ruckus. But she still couldn't help but wonder what Amiko was about to say. Now she was in the middle of the ex-couple. Would Marcy be angry or upset by her sitting on the edge of the bed like this? Shibo hoped not, as she didn't seem like that sort of person, but... ugh. There was some sort of painful pange inside of her just by being here and she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

Other than that, Shibo seemed truly unsure what else to say. She just stared at the floor, wearing a glum yet occupied expression, seemingly in deep thought.
Marcy looks on at the scene, trying to grasp exactly what sort of place she had in this sort of situation. She already got the feeling that walking back out would just leave everyone feeling awkward, and she came here for the purpose of seeing Amiko to begin with. Seeing the way that Shibo looked, it didn't feel like she could make much of a conversation in that direction, so she turns her attention to Amiko. "Ami, now that I've gotten closer, I can definitely smell you. Need me to take care of you like old times?"

Amiko stifles a laugh, "It has been a while since we did something like that together. It feels so strange asking for you to do that now. If it is too much trouble, I'll just stay in my own filth till the sensations die down."

Smugly, "Well, it is a bother, but it bothers me even more imagining you remaining like this. I have empathy you know. If you stay like this, then I start imagining myself in the same position, and then I feel even more uncomfortable. Unless you can convince me that you are capable of taking care of yourself, naturally I'll do it for you."

Pretending to buy into this line of reasoning, "Well then, I guess that it can't be helped." Sitting up in bed, Amiko pulls the sheet up with her as to hide herself from Shibo's line of vision. She places a hand on Shibo's shoulder, "Cheer up, alright? You are my honored guest today. I'm just going to get freshened up. Marcy and I grew up together, so we've seen each other naked on a number of occasions. She is going to help me clean myself, and get my hair in order. After that, let's do something fun together."

Status
Not open for further replies.