Spellheart [Luna & Jakers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wincing as the wings made sure Shibo didn't get seriously damaged in Amiko's crossfire, she could barely breathe as the sheer velocity and power of Amiko's onslaught left her nearly speechless. She'd been expecting a very powerful spell, but nothing on the magnitude of this. She almost felt sorry for the boys; their wards didn't stand a chance, and they were turned into mist by the Astral Storm within seconds.

The red-smoken wings dissipating from around her, Shibo emerged, mostly unscathed other than the mark at the bridge of her nose. Wiping some of the blood from her lower face, she didn't stop to look at what was left of the boys, slumping against the heavy stone wall as she cancelled her spell circle. Usually, she'd have felt awful about leaving someone to a fate like that, even if she'd been insulted by one of them, but it'd only happened in illusionspace - thank goodness.

She was breathless out of both disbelief and excitement when the illusionspace announcer came on through. They'd did it. They'd won. And there was no way she'd have been able to do it without Amiko. Shibo wanted to dash across to Amiko and give her a huge victory hug, but she'd need to avoid stepping on what was left of the boys. It could wait until later.

"Yeah, yeah... I'll keep my memories!" Shibo wheezed when the announcer was finished talking. She had no big reasons for wanting to forget her first real victory. Looking over to Amiko before they'd likely get taken out of illusionspace, Shibo gave a big grin to her partner.

"'Not too good at fighting', huh?!" She hollered playfully, before resting back against the wall, ready to go back into reality whenever the time arose.

Amiko calls back to Shibo, "I don't know how much of that was me being good, and how much of it was them being bad." After waiting for Shibo to get closer, Amiko returns to her typical gentle tone, "I get that everyone here is just a beginner, but we would have been in a lot of trouble if any number of things went differently. I felt so scared. I didn't even have my weapon drawn. If you hadn't taken on that attack the way you did, slowing them down, they probably would have just cut me down without a fight."

Amiko smiles, "But anyway, I just mean to say that I'm grateful to you. I'm definitely going to remember this fight." Shifting her focus over to the remains of the mages, "I didn't realize, that magical dueling would be like this though. Even though it is fake, I can't help but tremble, like I've actually killed someone." Although Amiko says this, she doesn't appear to be affected like that at all. Continuing with a smile that surely must be fake, in spite of its seeming sincerity, "There really just isn't anything that prepares you for this sort of thing."

As Shibo got closer, after sheathing her sword with a flourish, she sat next to Amiko cross-legged after she'd finished talking.
"Yeah... it was certainly an experience I wasn't prepared for, either. I thought it would just be some sort of arena, but..." Shibo paused, relaxing a little. "...I... actually have a fear of mazes like this. I'm claustrophobic, and places like these are awful for me. But... with you around, I didn't feel scared at all." Shibo admitted, shooting a warm smile towards Amiko, before turning her attention back to the boys 'corpses'.

"And hey, don't worry. Those boys'll be waking up in the real world soon, probably wondering what the hell just happened. They might not have been the smartest, and their magic was something to be desired, but..." Shibo felt the bleeding mark on her nose, wincing for a moment. "...Ow. They definitely knew their way around a sword. Nobody's landed a solid hit on me in melee combat for ages, so... I'll give that to them."

Shibo paused for a moment, before lifting up her hand, and gently ruffling Amiko's blonde hair.
"Sorry. I had to do that." Shibo said quietly, chuckling and looking a little embarrassed. She didn't quite know why she had to do that, but somehow, it felt necessary. Perhaps it was her way of showing gratitude.

"...You're really something, you know? I always had a feeling you were more powerful than I expected, but..." Shibo paused. "...There's just no way I could've done this without you. Put it that way. You have my thanks, too, Amiko." Shibo said quietly. A small blush came to Shibo for a moment, before she looked up.

"...I guess we're ready to wake up now, then? If I remembered correctly, you owe me some lunch." Shibo said, sticking out her tongue in a cheeky yet somewhat endearing manner.

Amiko listens to Shibo carefully, even in spite of the feelings that started to surround herself. She felt so happy listening to Shibo explain things to her from her own perspective. Amiko did set aside time every day just for thinking about things like how she relates to the world. Several times, she thought about what it meant to fight on the battlefield. She thought about it from the perspective of her teammates, the enemies, the observers, but none of it led to an easy conclusion. Even now she could feel the cold, lonely feeling of ending the life of another. From her own private thoughts, she thought that in the end the only thing one can do is steel themselves and accept reality. But, Shibo gave Amiko a new hope. Maybe, if people can learn to trust in the people around them, fighting can also have the warm feeling of protecting something precious. Maybe, she just hadn't had the right person to think in this way. But also, was Shibo supposed to be this person for her?

Looking back towards Shibo with wonder, Amiko collects herself. When Shibo touched her hair, she felt it again. For a short moment, she felt like the thoughts got blasted out of her head. Amiko wanted to think about Shibo critically, but ironically, all she could think about was Shibo when she gave such sincere gratitude. Everything from her unending praise, to her bashfulness, and her humility; Amiko couldn't find herself thinking anything productive. She just felt in awe of how much she wanted to have more of Shibo. Thinking to herself, "What sort of feeling is this?"

Pulling her knees up to her chest, Amiko's face relaxes just slightly for a moment, and a more vibrant smile appears, "Heheheheh. Shibo. You really are the best." Spending a moment to calm down, "I'll definitely get you some lunch. I know this really great place that makes the best seafood. It isn't very popular, so it is a good place to relax. They have all sorts of tanks with exotic fish to create a good atmosphere..." Amiko looks like she is going to say more, but both girls are ejected from the illusionspace.

When Shibo opens her eyes, she finds herself in the same room she entered the illusionspace, complete with orbs, waiting benches, monitors, and black glasses security dude. The only thing missing, is Amiko.

Blinking as she awoken back into reality, Shibo seemed confused for a moment as she didn't see Amiko with her, but after a little thought, she just supposed she'd awoken before her? Or maybe Shibo had woken up late, and Amiko was waiting outside? Illusionspace seemed like a complex thing, so the possibility of something like that happening didn't seem out of the question. Right?

Rubbing her eyes, Shibo felt her nose area, seeming relieved that the wound she'd got from the training fight wasn't there. She'd never thought scars looked 'cool' or whatever, more of a sign of weakness. Waiting for a moment as she looked around, there really didn't seem to be any trace of Amiko. She hadn't been waiting round the corner, and if she was late to wake up, she was a really late waker. Shibo had been waiting for quite a while now.

Looking somewhat confused, Shibo decided to ask the security man what was going on. He'd tell her if Amiko had left for some reason, or not shown up. And if he didn't know why Amiko hadn't showed up, maybe he'd know someone who did.

"Uh... excuse me, Sir. ...Did you see my partner leave this room? Or... is she late to wake up, or something? She's called Amiko Windflurry, if it helps." Shibo said, rubbing the back of my head. "I just woke up from illusionspace, and... well, she isn't here with me. Dunno if that's normal or not." Shibo said, a little worry clearly starting to build up inside of her.

The man scratches his head at first, then coughs a bit before answering the question, "Well, you see. There isn't any need to worry about her anymore. Some government officials came by to collect her body during the match. Since it is easy to transfer people while their mind is occupied with illusionspace, it was simply easier to come get her during the match. I apologize for someone of the Aozoa name getting paired with such a character, but due to past corruption, the pairing system switched over to a completely randomized selection. We actually intended to capture her last night, but we were unable to make the arrest since she slept on top of the roof. But still, keep this information on the down low. I'm only sharing this with you so you don't go around searching for her. The entire point of the operation was to keep it on the down low, and I can't have you spreading awareness. It's better for everyone if you just let her disappear." Shifting tone to a much less serious tone, "After all, you have a lot to be proud of. Your parents will be proud to see you honoring the family name with your service. I was watching the monitor. You've got some keen battle sense. Someone like you is going to go far. Anyway, there are going to be some more applicants using this room, and I'm not supposed to allow you to linger. Go celebrate somewhere, you've earned it."

Shibo really didn't know how to respond for a moment, her left hand clutching into a fist and her right eye screwing up in disbelief. Was this some sort of joke? Another part of the test? Perhaps it was just some sort of experiment to see how close the bond was between partners? Because this certainly couldn't be for real. Amiko, some sort of criminal? That was ridiculous. But... it did explain why she was sleeping on the roof.

"...You're kidding, right? Amiko, some sort of criminal?! This is a joke, Sir." Shibo hissed, clearly looking flustered. "I know a bad person when I see one. And Amiko isn't one of them. The way she talks, the way she acts... e-even the way she moves... I don't understand what she could've done. You must've got the wrong person... or, or..." Shibo said, clearly in denial about what was happening right now. Taking a few breaths, Shibo could clearly see the man was trying to shoo her away from the situation, but she remained where she was for now.

"F-Fine... but, before I go, answer these two questions, because this is some serious bullshit." Shibo mumbled. "One: what crime did she commit? And two: where are you taking her? Is she going to be sent to some sort of execution place, o-or..." Shibo paused, biting her tongue. "I'm not going to try and follow her, but... I have the right to know. We may not have known each other for long, but..."

She tried to choose her words carefully.
"...She was a good partner. And a good person - at least from my point of view. Am... am I missing something here? What the hell is going on?" She yelled, unable to contain herself. She was probably going to get in trouble for this, but fuck it. Either she'd been played for a fool by Amiko - which she highly doubted - or something extremely fishy was going on here.

The guard shakes his head, realizing that he got himself into a mess. Taking an empathetic expression, the guard tries to explain succinctly, "I apologize. I thought someone of your position would be aware. Regardless of how she may seem, she has been on the government watch lists for quite some time. She has yet to commit a crime, but there are allegations that she is working in a conspiracy against Spellheart. For the moment, it seems unlikely that she would be executed, but agents likely took her somewhere for questioning. I don't have any information, but I strongly advise you to let her go. There is no need to sully your good name by aiding such a person. Also, while I don't mean to seem heartless, but you need to leave before you get me in trouble."

"Wh... 'didn't commit a crime yet'... but they're still taking her in..." Shibo muttered under her breath in disbelief. "Conspiracy my' ass." What kind of suspicious activity could she do that'd place her under a 'watchlist'? She was the last person in the world to be some sort of terrorist.

"This is ridiculous..." Shibo grumbled half-heartedly, before turning to leave, looking at the floor. As much as she wanted to help Amiko right now, she knew there was no way she could do it without getting in massive amounts of trouble. And, hey... if she was being questioned, then she was convinced they'd see that Amiko wouldn't do anything wrong. She could only hope they'd not use any intense interrogative methods against her.

As Shibo left the building, she looked up as she felt a familiar hand on her shoulder.
"...Did you lose the battle?" A deep, yet soothing male voice asked from behind her. The man behind the voice was young, perhaps only a couple of years older than Shibo, with a long brush of light silver hair that accompanied his pale blue eyes.

Turning around, Shibo gave a half-hearted smile to her brother, Kazzian. He must've been waiting for her to see how she did... it was strange how he could just appear around corners; he had a habit of doing it to annoy her.
"Oh... h-hey. Nah, I won, just like I told you I would..." Shibo replied, her voice quiet. Kazzian looked at her with that long, interrogative look of his for a moment.

"Oh! Well done. But... you don't seem very happy about it."
"Huh...? Happy? No... of course I'm happy, it's just..."
"...It's just what?"
"..."

"...Shibo." Kazzian said in a slightly more stern tone. Shibo gave a sigh, looking around her for a moment. If she didn't tell him now, he'd find out anyway.

"Kaz, when someone gets taken away for questioning, where do they go?" Shibo asked quietly. Kazzian gave an inquisitive look to her for a moment.

"And... this is about what, exactly?" He asked. Shibo was still for a moment, before deciding to loudly come out with the truth.
"...Somebody who's clearly innocent got taken in. It's the biggest load of bullcrap I've seen in years...! They didn't even do anything wrong yet... surely there's something we can do, right?"

Kazzian kept quiet for some long moments, before talking as if he could read her mind.
"Is this about your partner? That would explain why they are not here with you." Kazzian asked quietly. After Shibo gave a weak nod in response, Kazzian gave a sigh. "...Well, if you are convinced they did nothing wrong, then they'll be freed from questioning and that'll be that. But do not get any ideas. There's a fine line between caring for someone, and being an idiot." He paused. "...You have only known them for a day, yes? You seem to have taken quite a liking to them already."

Shibo blushed slightly, looking at the ground. Why did she always feel like such a kid when she was around her brother? Not talking for a long while, Kazzian poked her on the nose, before turning away.
"Do not worry about it, Shibo. Just wait, and if this partner of yours is truly a nice person, then I am sure you'll see them again soon. You've got this far, so don't feel like you have to do something reckless." Kazzian said in a somewhat reassuring monotone. "Anyhow. Congratulations on winning. I should return to my duties... you, on the other hand, should go and have a break. Mum and Dad will be very proud of you, Shibo." Kazzian said. His answer really wasn't what Shibo was looking for, but she sighed and nodded anyway.

"Yeah, fine. Bye..." Shibo mumbled, before Kazzian headed off. Biting her tongue as she began to walk down the street, Shibo tried to reassure herself everything was okay, and she'd see Amiko back in her house tomorrow. There was no way she'd be able to storm in and hep her out, somehow. But... why was she so willing to throw everything away, just to help someone she'd known for less than a day in the first place? It was a stupid feeling Shibo wanted to punch herself for, but she couldn't help it.

...She'd have to check Amiko's house tomorrow. But for now, all she could do was wait.

...3 Days Later...

A soft sigh leaving her lips, Shibo entered the arena building for what was the fourth time this week. Ever since she'd won the battle against the two blade-wielding boys, they hadn't been kidding about there being a practice fight every day. It'd been exhausting work - and she'd already met some tough advesaries, such as an enemy spellcaster who almost took Shibo out in one shot with some sort of tidal wave of energy, or an enemy who used kinetic magic to empower a hammer so that it almost blew up Shibo in a single swing. Thanks to her defensive capabilities and a little strategy (and the arenas being much more forgiving than her first), she hadn't lost a battle yet. But she knew she was going to lose one soon.

It was great. Just like Kaz said, mum and dad were super proud. So proud that they'd given her a new blade that they'd be storing for an occasion like this. The Exklipptian Jagged Sword. A much longer and sharper blade made of deep grey metal, that was a lot more efficient than Shibo's old blade at transferring her energy through spell circles. She could feel her defensive abilities were that little bit stronger, and the blade had a lot more cutting power. She was still sort of getting used to it, but it was a much better weapon than she had before. It still wasn't anything legendary, but... it was a little thing like that, that really made her feel like she'd gone up a step in life. She was no longer using some stock sword, she was... her. But... even after this, why did she feel so... ugh.

This is what she wanted to do, yet... there was somewhat of an empty feeling inside of her. She didn't quite feel happy, and it was obvious what that reason was. Amiko. Shibo had barely known her, yet... she felt so attached to her. She wanted to know more about her, and share even a little bit more time with her, but she'd been snatched away just like that.

Shibo had been checking Amiko's house every morning since - and today was yet another day where there was no answer at all. Some doubt was starting to cloud Shibo's mind - what sort of questioning took 3 days? Had she been sentenced to some sort of prisoning already? But, as unlikely as it seemed she'd return, Shibo would still be checking day after day, thanks to some comfort from Kazzian. Hope of Amiko returning wasn't quite yet lost.

Her new, larger blade holstered at her back, Shibo prepared for another day of practice combat, where she'd usually go up and see who she'd be fighting against. Something today, however, was different.

When Shibo enters the room with the spheres used to enter the illusionspace, she finds the security guard unusually energetic. Usually he just silently watched over the room. Shibo hadn't gotten a word out of him since she first put up a fuss about Amiko. "Ms. Aozoa, I have some good news for you. You seemed concerned about that one Amiko girl, so I looked into the matter. It seems like she is going to be released from questioning today. From what I understand, she isn't going to be facing any charges, and will be permitted to reenter the civilian district. You were right to have faith in her."

Shibo blinked a few times, processing what the security guard's unusually fast words were. Amiko was... oh, thank God. Sighing with a mixture of both relief and excitement, a smile on Shibo's face formed in her lips; a sort of smile that said 'I knew it', yet was still relieved. So her partner that day wasn't lost. Amiko was still around, and she hadn't been thrown away in some dungeon forever.

"Oh, thank God..." Shibo breathed, wiping her forehead as she grinned. "...Thanks a bunch for looking into that, Sir. You don't know how important that is to me... thinking about a girl like her suffering in jail or something, it's just... u-ugh. Anyway... thanks. A lot." Shibo spluttered, her words coming out extremely quickly, as if she couldn't really believe this was happening. If it wasn't severely improfessional and probably unappreciated, she'd give the security guard a big hug. Deep inside, she knew Amiko wouldn't be guilty of anything the whole time.

That was a hell of a weight taken off Shibo's shoulders knowing that, but she still needed to go and see her in the flesh. Amiko lived alone, and probably didn't have many people around to comfort her after going through a confusing ordeal like that. Shibo could put a hold on training for a moment just to try and see her, surely...?

"Is she free now? Do you know where she is?" Shibo quickly asked. "...If... if things are back to normal for her, then she should be coming here, right? Is she allowed back in her house? Is she st-" Shibo stopped talking, acknowledging she was talking rather fast.

"...Sorry. I, um... I just want to see her as soon as possible, if that's okay, Sir. I understand if you don't know just yet, but... still. I think the poor thing needs... y'know, something, after an ordeal like that." Shibo quietly asked, putting her hands behind her back. It was understandable if the security guard didn't know where she was; Shibo would just continue the day as normal, and check around her house for Amiko later.

The guard seems to react pleasantly to Shibo's outburst of emotion. It is clear from his body language that he had conflicting feelings between supporting Shibo and fulfilling his job as a guard. Nonetheless, he doesn't seem much for words. Abruptly, the guard recomposes himself, clearing his throat with a cough, "She is in the process of being transferred back to her house. You have time for a fight with Marcy, but nobody will bat an eye if you want to just skip out today. I'm just going to caution you, they used drugs on her during the interrogations, so she is likely to have some symptoms. Those truth drugs tend to mess with the nervous system in ways that are difficult to cure with magic. If she doesn't seem quite right, that could well be the cause." Offering a more compassionate, but still official tone, "So, what do you want to do?"

"Well... I... sorry, but ...I think I'll take that skip just this once. Emphasis on just this once; skipping out a good fight isn't my style, but... I need to see her. Especially if they've injected God-knows-what into her veins... those bastards..." Shibo mumbles, clearly not liking the idea of skipping out class, but also clearly showing her partner that day took priority. "I'll be back if I'm not able to talk to her yet for whatever reason... and... thanks again. I'll do my best to make sure nobody finds out about this. You have my word, Sir." Shibo said excitably, giving the security guard one of her big grins, before heading out the arena as inconspicuous as she could manage. She'd need to repay that guy somehow for sticking his neck out on the line for her.

Heading out onto the streets, Shibo's breathing was heavy as she made her way back to Amiko's house. It was so strange how she'd been so eager for a moment like this - a moment for someone Shibo had only known for a day - but she was beginning to understand why she cared about Amiko so much. There were so many reasons, but, in short... Shibo felt like Amiko was sort of... a light in the dark, for when she needed it. That and so much more; there was a lot she hadn't discovered, yet, though.

As excited as she was, Shibo knew she should expect the worse. The whole 'drugs' thing seemed like horrible business, and the chances were they'd done other things to Amiko to get the truth out of her, too. Bastards. Shibo figured she should just be relieved Amiko had be proven innocent and allowed to be free rather than start getting angry at whoever did this to her. Who knows, maybe the drug side-effects weren't that bad.

As Amiko's house came into view, Shibo slowed down her jog into a walk. She was going to give a few knocks on the door and stand back - if Amiko wasn't home yet, she'd just wait out of view somewhere for her to return home, then just knock on the door again. Hopefully she'd come or be here today. And in one piece... both mentally and physically.

"Well... I... sorry, but ...I think I'll take that skip just this once. Emphasis on just this once; skipping out a good fight isn't my style, but... I need to see her. Especially if they've injected God-knows-what into her veins... those bastards..." Shibo mumbles, clearly not liking the idea of skipping out class, but also clearly showing her partner that day took priority. "I'll be back if I'm not able to talk to her yet for whatever reason... and... thanks again. I'll do my best to make sure nobody finds out about this. You have my word, Sir." Shibo said excitably, giving the security guard one of her big grins, before heading out the arena as inconspicuous as she could manage. She'd need to repay that guy somehow for sticking his neck out on the line for her.

Heading out onto the streets, Shibo's breathing was heavy as she made her way back to Amiko's house. It was so strange how she'd been so eager for a moment like this - a moment for someone Shibo had only known for a day - but she was beginning to understand why she cared about Amiko so much. There were so many reasons, but, in short... Shibo felt like Amiko was sort of... a light in the dark, for when she needed it. That and so much more; there was a lot she hadn't discovered, yet, though.

As excited as she was, Shibo knew she should expect the worse. The whole 'drugs' thing seemed like horrible business, and the chances were they'd done other things to Amiko to get the truth out of her, too. Bastards. Shibo figured she should just be relieved Amiko had be proven innocent and allowed to be free rather than start getting angry at whoever did this to her. Who knows, maybe the drug side-effects weren't that bad.

As Amiko's house came into view, Shibo slowed down her jog into a walk. She was going to give a few knocks on the door and stand back - if Amiko wasn't home yet, she'd just wait out of view somewhere for her to return home, then just knock on the door again. Hopefully she'd come or be here today. And in one piece... both mentally and physically.
As expected, Amiko isn't around when Shibo first knocks on the door. This makes sense, as she had only just been released from the government sector a short while ago, and there were plenty of procedures and clearances needed to move between the government and civilian sectors. Though, Shibo is rewarded for skipping her arena duties for the day, since Amiko shows up just fifthteen minutes later. She is escorted by a woman with long flowing green hair, but her features seem to be obscured by some sort of spell, effectively distorting everything about her.

Amiko however seemed unaffected by this spell. She didn't seem to have any marks of abuse on her, but she definitely seemed ill. While Amiko naturally had a rather fair complexion, she seemed pale to the point of discoloration. The dark bags on her eyes suggested that she hadn't gotten enough sleep. She seemed to be sniffling. She wasn't moving quite correctly. Most importantly, Amiko looked like she had her soul extracted from her. Even if Shibo were to knock at the door, it didn't look like Amiko would be in the sort of condition to answer the door.

After a brief time, the woman with the long green hair casts Shooting Star(?, Utility). Then a few moments later, her body turns into a bright ball of plasm, and launches towards the entrance of the government sector far in the distance.

"...Holy God... what did they do to you..." Shibo whispered to herself as she watched Amiko come into view from a distance. She looked... dead, and empty. That vibrant and mysterious look in those purple eyes of hers were replaced by some sort of distant stare, as if she couldn't focus on anything properly. Amiko looked a lot worse than Shibo was expecting. Clenching her fist and gritting her teeth as she watched the green-haired woman shoot away, she resisted an urge to do anything stupid.
"What did you do to her. ...What did you do to her?!"

Shibo wanted to go and check on Amiko straight away, but she probably just needed a little alone time first. If she could even think properly. Maybe she should wait a couple of hours?

...Was it even a good idea to go and visit her at all? Ugh... this situation was just eating up Shibo, but it was obvious she'd need to give Amiko some time to rest, as much as she wanted to check up on her. They'd obviously deprived her of sleep, hence why Amiko looked to the point of collapse. Knocking on the door and keeping her awake with words would just be selfish.

Biting her lip as she turned away from Amiko's house, Shibo decided what she was going to do. She'd not knock today, but wait until tomorrow to see if Amiko would try and come to training - which probably wouldn't happen. After tomorrow's practice battle, she'd go and see if Amiko was well enough to answer, if that was the case.

"...Holy God... what did they do to you..." Shibo whispered to herself as she watched Amiko come into view from a distance. She looked... dead, and empty. That vibrant and mysterious look in those purple eyes of hers were replaced by some sort of distant stare, as if she couldn't focus on anything properly. Amiko looked a lot worse than Shibo was expecting. Clenching her fist and gritting her teeth as she watched the green-haired woman shoot away, she resisted an urge to do anything stupid.

Shibo wanted to go and check on Amiko straight away, but she probably just needed a little alone time first. If she could even think properly. Maybe she should wait a couple of hours?

...Was it even a good idea to go and visit her at all? Ugh... this situation was just eating up Shibo, but it was obvious she'd need to give Amiko some time to rest, as much as she wanted to check up on her. They'd obviously deprived her of sleep, hence why Amiko looked to the point of collapse. Knocking on the door and keeping her awake with words would just be selfish.

Biting her lip as she turned away from Amiko's house, Shibo decided what she was going to do. She'd not knock today, but wait until tomorrow to see if Amiko would try and come to training - which probably wouldn't happen. After tomorrow's practice battle, she'd go and see if Amiko was well enough to answer, if that was the case.
The day passes without event, and before long it is time for another match at the arena. Since Marcy seemed insistent on getting to have a match with Shibo, she was once again paired with Shibo for today's match. While Shibo is on her way to the room with the guard, she is approached by Marcy.

"Shibo, I heard you skipped out on your training yesterday. When you didn't show up for your match I thought it was weird. Did something happen?"

The day passes without event, and before long it is time for another match at the arena. Since Marcy seemed insistent on getting to have a match with Shibo, she was once again paired with Shibo for today's match. While Shibo is on her way to the room with the guard, she is approached by Marcy.

"Shibo, I heard you skipped out on your training yesterday. When you didn't show up for your match I thought it was weird. Did something happen?"

Shibo paused for a moment, before giving a truthful nod.
"...Yeah, sorry for not being there for our fight yesterday. I won't lie: something... pretty bad... happened to a friend of mine, it you were wondering. I think they'll be okay now, though." Shibo said quietly, staying vague. She seemed somewhat distracted for a moment, before looking to Marcy.

"...Anyway. Thanks for calling this back on; I'd hate to miss a fight." Shibo said with a wink. She supposed this girl she didn't really know was eager to have a fight, even though they'd never met before. Was Shibo's name getting around? It was highly unlikely, though it was true she hadn't lost a match yet. Any sort of spells could be up this small girl's sleeve, so Shibo prepared for anything.

"Welp. Ready when you are. May the best girl win." Shibo said with a gesture to the many spheres. She was ready to follow Marcy into illusionspace whenever, though thoughts of Amiko seemed to be constantly distracting her.

Marcy speaks with an air of friendliness, "I'm looking forward to the fight, but, I want to make this match a little interesting." Smiling brightly, "If I win, could I come with you to see Ami." Marcy doesn't give Shibo a chance to answer, and instead places her hand on the sphere. Her body remained, but as Shibo knew, Marcy's mind should already be within the illusionspace.

Status
Not open for further replies.