Spellheart [Luna & Jakers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing that Shibo didn't seem to have any signs of immediate distress, Amiko laid back down until Shibo exited into the living room. From there, she followed Marcy into the living room. Since the bathroom was connected both with the bedroom and connecting hall near the entrance, Shibo can somewhat make out the sounds Amiko makes in the shower. She almost sounds like she is whimpering, but Shibo can also hear Marcy's voice somewhat. The words are hard to make out, but the tone sounds like she is encouraging her to keep going. Eventually, the sound of the water ends, and Shibo hears the sound of Amiko panting heavily. Eventually, the noise dies down, and a few minutes afterwards Amiko emerges in just a black T-shirt that goes down all the way to her mid-thigh. Her hair looks brushed, though she doesn't have it in her usual braids, instead opting to let in lay down naturally for now.

Although it is difficult to place a finger on it, there seems something off about Amiko's expression, "Sorry to keep you waiting so long. I sort of gave Marcy a lot of trouble."

Marcy concurs, "She definitely hasn't cleaned herself in the past four days. I don't even want to discuss some of the things that I found in her hair."

Smiling happily, "Are there any sorts of games you like?"

Shibo didn't really know what to make of the noises coming from the bathroom. Her mind wasn't naturally that dirty, but it was sort of hard to... not. Curling up on the sofa a little, Shibo mentally punched herself. There could've been some sort of problem in there hence the whimpering and panting, not... that. Sighing, Shibo cleansed her own mind before sitting up again. Best not to question what was going in there at all. Agh... stop thinking about it...

When Amiko returned, Shibo seemed to be somewhat sprawled over the sofa, hiding some sort of profound blush. Nonetheless, she quickly managed to get back into 'normal mode' in a fairly swift motion, clearing her throat as the two re-entered. Shibo gave one of her chuckles at the part about finding things in Amiko's hair, before pondering on the question. ...Hmm... games...

"Well... rugby's always been one of my favourites. Buuut... it'd probably be best if I crossed that one off the list. No offence?" Shibo said with a wink. It was one of the more obscure sports, and she didn't know many other people who even knew the rules, let alone playing it. And she couldn't play with boys, either, because they'd hold back on her because 'she was a girl'. What was the fun in that.

"In fact, any sort of sport I'll enjoy. But..." She paused, tapping her chin. Whilst she could be completely wrong, sport didn't seem right up the two's alley. "...Forget my preferences. I'm actually sort of interested in what you guys like to play in terms of games. I'll try whatever you've got - though I warn you, I'll suck if there's a lot of logical thinking involved. ...Not that that'll put me off, hehehe." Shibo added. She liked trying new things, and these two definitely seemed like they'd have something a bit different in store.

"I don't think I'm able to play much involving moving around right now. I changed into sleep clothes because I didn't expect to go outside today. I can't claim to have guests over all that often, but there is a party game that I've seen people play that looked like a lot of fun. I don't think I'll ever have the chance to play again, so maybe I'll try with you two."

Amiko pulls out a piece of paper with an intricate design on it that looks like some sort of spell circle. "I ended up ordering a few copies, back during my school days thinking that I'd have a party sometime, but they ended up going unused. These are single-use circles. I think you've probably used one before, but I'm going to explain just to be on the safe side. Single-use spell circles are useful because they allow people to share spells with each other. This one is special because it is also a group-cast circle. Group cast circles absorb magic from anyone who synchronizes with them, but only the person who caused the spell to break gets the effect. At first, this sort of circle was used primarily for large-scale attacks, but someone had the idea of taking advantage of the mechanics to make a party game. First, you write a command on the paper, then everyone syncs up to the spell. Whoever breaks the circle ends up casting a spell on themselves making them do whatever was written on the paper. I've only got three, but I figured it might be fun to give it a try."

"...Oh. I... see...?" Shibo mumbled, rubbing her chin as she looked at the pieces of paper Amiko pulled out, seemingly listening carefully to the rules. Whilst Shibo didn't seem to fully get it at first, she eventually seemed to realise the point. It was basically a risk sort of game, where you or one of your friends could end up doing some pretty ridiculous things. Or totally normal things. It depended who was behind the pen. Either way, this sounded funny, and Shibo didn't mind potentially looking like an idiot in exchange for some laughs.

"Oh! Oh! Yeah, I get it now." Shibo said somewhat triumphantly. It wasn't often she fully understood the rules of things like this, but she'd managed to get her head round it. "I haven't actually used One-Use Spells that often. I think we used one in school one day just so we'd understand them, but I never knew they could be used for something like this, heh." Shibo mumbled thoughtfully. After a pause, she gave a ready grin.

"All right, let's do it! ...Though, shotgun not writing first. I'll need a while to actually think of something... though I do have a few ideas... hehe..." She said in mock slyness.

Marcy seems to find this game amusing, "Well, I didn't expect that I'd be playing this sort of game. If I had known you wanted to play, I would have played with you a lot more Ami."

Amiko shakes her head, "As much fun as that would be, the game just works better when there are more people. When you do it with just two people, it feels like a different sort of game. The thrill comes from not knowing who is going to end up with the request."

Marcy relents, "Fair enough. But now that you are finally playing this sort of game, I'm definitely going to show you how it is done." Marcy takes hold of one of the sheets and writes, "The person who casts this spell will call out for pizza and confess their love to whoever picks up, then place an order for our lunch."

Oh boy. Marcy wouldn't write anything too bad on the paper, right? ...Right? Peering over to see what she'd written, Shibo covered her mouth and starting giggling. Holy crap. No messing around on the embarrassment factor. But at the same time, it served as a way to get them something to eat. Marcy was a genius.

"Marcy, you're even more evil than I thought." Shibo said, poking her on the forehead. She then paused. "Then again... either way, we're getting pizza, so let's do this!" Shibo chuckled, before cautiously putting her hand on the piece of paper with the others. "So... I guess we just, uh..." Shibo mumbled. To be honest - she really didn't mind if it was her, she sort of wanted to treat the two to some pizza anyways. Plus, it was one of her favourite foods. Who didn't like pizza? There was a... 30%, no... 25%... no, 3... 33% chance it would be her? Damn maths...

A little red glow coming from her hand as she flowed her energy into it, Shibo bit her lip and hoped for the best.

Oh boy. Marcy wouldn't write anything too bad on the paper, right? ...Right? Peering over to see what she'd written, Shibo covered her mouth and starting giggling. Holy crap. No messing around on the embarrassment factor. But at the same time, it served as a way to get them something to eat. Marcy was a genius.

"Marcy, you're even more evil than I thought." Shibo said, poking her on the forehead. She then paused. "Then again... either way, we're getting pizza, so let's do this!" Shibo chuckled, before cautiously putting her hand on the piece of paper with the others. "So... I guess we just, uh..." Shibo mumbled. To be honest - she really didn't mind if it was her, she sort of wanted to treat the two to some pizza anyways. Plus, it was one of her favourite foods. Who didn't like pizza? There was a... 30%, no... 25%... no, 3... 33% chance it would be her? Damn maths...

A little red glow coming from her hand as she flowed her energy into it, Shibo bit her lip and hoped for the best.
Amiko and Marcy also synchronize with the circle, each laughing as they imagine what it is going to be like for the loser. Marcy in particular looked like she was having a blast. Amiko seemed more reserved in her enjoyment, but just looking at the look of wonder in her eyes could tell even a stranger that Amiko was having fun.

Proudly, "Of course I'm evil. I pride myself in my plots and trickery. Back when I was in elementary school, the teachers used to joke that I'd grow up to be a warlock."

Amiko feigns ignorance, "You mean they could tell from that early on?" Amiko laughs for a short while, but only for a short while. She would have continued on, but she had the misfortune of breaking the circle's limit. From that point, Amiko turns bashful, pulling out her crystal ball from the aether.

Marcy declares, "Looks like we have our first victim! Looks like karma came back extra quickly today. I wonder what sort of confession Amiko has for us today. I bet its going to be super cute!"

Unable to respond to Marcy, Amiko gets a response from the other end. "Shiverstone pizza, this is Kelly, how can I help you?"

Amiko speaks in a soft, longing tone, "Kelly, is that really you?"

Somewhat confused, "Ummm, yes. I'm sorry, do I know you?"

Sounding somewhat hurt, "Oh, right, sorry. I shouldn't have expected you to remember me. We were in the same class together."

Guilty, "Oh. I'm sorry. I can't remember you at all. Maybe we can talk later, I'm at work, so I really shouldn't make personal calls right now."

Amiko curls up her legs, holding a piece of her hair, playing with it close to her chest, "I'm sorry, but I just never thought I'd get a chance to tell you. I... I love you. And I have for a long time. I always thought that you were just so beautiful, confident, and hard-working. I just never said anything because I thought that I could only drag you down. But I've regretted it so long. Kelly, would you please go out with me!"

The call goes silent for some time. It takes a good seven seconds for Kelly to recover from Amiko's heartfelt confession. Stammering, "I, I um. I don't even. How am I supposed to react to something like that?" Almost trying to force it out, "Look, you seem like a really nice person, but I'm not interested in girls. Please, just don't call me for something like this."

The line is hung up from the other side, and Amiko starts crying softly. Since the pizza hasn't been ordered, she is still under the effects of the spell.

"Shiverstone pizza, this is Kelly, how can I help you?"

Sniffling, "Pizza. I, I didn't get to order." Spitting it out quickly, "I wanted a large pepperoni and a large cheese pizza with a litter of Wiz Fizz."

One can feel the awkward from the other line, "Pick-up or delivery?"

Barely audible, "Delivery please."

Trying to stay strictly professional, "Your order will be ready in twenty minutes." Somewhat guiltily, "And please try to find something to make the day better."

The call ends, and Amiko is released from the spell. Realizing her actions, Amiko turns bright red. Marcy herself got a nosebleed during the event, and couldn't even get herself to laugh. Rather, she seemed more like she was waiting for her turn. Though after a few seconds, Marcy does in fact burst into laughter, "Ami, my sides hurt. I had high expectations, but you totally blew me out of the water. We totally owe Kelly an apology. I honestly don't know if I'll ever be able to order Shiverstone with a straight face anymore."

Shibo looked pretty speechless, to say the least. She didn't know if she felt guilty, or just plain amazed after witnessing what just happened. When Amiko literally did confess to a mostly random person on the other side of the phone, Shibo just watched with her mouth open. The spell really did work. It wasn't just a slight urge, it was literally forcing the poor thing to. Whilst it certainly was something, Shibo more watched it like a scene of a movie rather than laughing at Amiko as she did it. In truth, it was sort of heartbreaking to watch the poor thing cry like that, but then again, it was only the spell.

Looking around herself awkwardly for a moment once the whole thing was over, Shibo eventually put her face into her palm, chuckling into it as she shook her head.
"...Oh my God. I don't know what to be more surprised from: the way you confessed to her like that, or the fact that Kelly turned you down afterwards. Even if she doesn't like girls." Shibo said jokingly, before flashing Amiko a reassuring look. "Don't worry about it - it could've been a lot worse. I know some weirdos who work at Shiverstone who would've said yes to you straight away. Desperados, as we call them, hehehe." Shibo said, laying back a bit. As bizarre as that whole thing was, this was actually pretty fun. Shibo seemed in thought for a moment, before giving one of her big grins as she sat up.

"Alright, I've got an idea! Prepare yourself for the immature mind of Shibo Aozoa~." Shibo announced, grabbing a pen. Rubbing her chin for a moment in thought, Shibo snickered to herself as she began to write. She wanted to see how funnily these pieces of paper could actually alter someone's thought. They could make the recipitent think they were in love to an actual person, so how about an inanimate object? The funniest inanimate object in this house Shibo could think of was...

In noticeably bad (but still legible) handwriting, Shibo wrote:
'Whoever casts this has to confess their love... to Amiko's toilet. Then wrap themself like a mummy in toilet paper afterwards before returning to the living room.'

"I think someone else is waiting for a confession right in this very house, and a warm embrace afterwards." Shibo said, taking no shame in her immaturity as she revealed the paper to the others. The toilet paper mummy thing was usually a funny joke-minigame she sometimes did at Halloween parties, but it'd be even better here. ...Unless she activated her own immature idea. Hopefully that wouldn't happen. ...Heh...

Amiko blushes when Shibo makes the comment about being surprised that Kelly didn't turn her down. Even though she wasn't in control, she probably would have behaved exactly like that if she actually had a crush on Kelly. For something as personal as that to be exposed and then to have an offhanded compliment from Shibo, Amiko didn't quite know how to process this. She felt both embarrassed and happy. Though it would take a while to live that down, she felt a strange sense of pride that Shibo praised her for that display. Dwelling on this for a while, Amiko doesn't react much to the now jovial mood that had taken over the house.

Marcy, however, seemed to be right in the mood, "Classic! Everyone link up!"

Her enthusiasm shortly ends as she ends up taking on the spell. Compelled to make a ridiculous confession, Marcy gets up from her seat, and slowly makes her way to Amiko's toilet. Unlike Amiko, Marcy doesn't seem to speak directly. First, she tries to start up casual conversation with the toilet, essentially monologuing for about 15 minutes before finally dropping the question, "And, hey. We should go out for ice cream sometime. We could even call it a date."

Then, having finally confessed to the toilet, Marcy begins to wrap herself up in toilet paper.

Amiko throughout the entire event seems somewhat disinterested in the entire prank. Though the result definitely seemed somewhat lackluster, somehow it didn't seem like Amiko had been paying attention even at the beginning when it had some promise of being interesting. She occasionally looks up towards Shibo smiling, but her usual presence seemed absent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shibo was more amazed than anything that the spell had literally worked. Marcy had fallen in love with a toilet, and it was brilliant. The whole absurdity of it caused Shibo to snicker now and again, until... well, Marcy had been talking to the toilet for about fifteen minutes. Shibo's suppressed laughs soon died down, and a mild expression of concern was on her face. Uh... was it supposed to last this long? Shibo hadn't accidentally made Amiko's ex trapped forever in a conversation with a toilet, had she?

In the midst of all this, Shibo was thoughtful about that distant expression Amiko was wearing. It was understandable - Shibo had never thought of her as one who'd laugh at immature stuff like this, or pranks in general. But was there different reason for that distant look? Was she still in shock after calling that pizza girl? Was listening to how Marcy asked someone out through the door giving her flashbacks to when they'd first met? Shibo hoped it wasn't the latter.

Amiko's smiles were met with little chuckles from Shibo, though a secretly concerned look was mixed in with some of them. She wasn't sure if each smile was genuine, but they were all doing funny things to Shibo's heartbeat all the same.

Perhaps she should've thought of a more useful thing to write on the piece of paper, but... ah... it was worth getting back at Marcy for condeming Amiko to that fate. Sure, it was luck, but still~. That was karma.

Thankful that Marcy had actually confessed in her own little way and wasn't stuck in an infinite loop of talking to toilets, Shibo opened the bathroom door, preparing to help Marcy out of the room in a princess-esque carry, as she'd probably be cocooned in toilet paper.
"Hehe. Who knew the warlock could be so easily defeated by mere toiletries?" Shibo giggled. "I have to admit, I was pretty worried you were never going to stop talking there. 'Confess to a toilet'... man, I really haven't grown up, have I..." Shibo said, shaking her head with a chuckle.

"Any ideas on how to use that final piece of paper, Amiko? Looks like I've avoided my just desserts so far... heh..." Shibo said, offering a more soft tone when she turned to Amiko. Shibo looked like she wanted to slip in something else, like, 'are you okay, by the way?', but resisted it. There was a fun sort of mood - and although she didn't know if Amiko was enjoying it - she avoided breaking it with a concerned phrase like that.

Shibo was more amazed than anything that the spell had literally worked. Marcy had fallen in love with a toilet, and it was brilliant. The whole absurdity of it caused Shibo to snicker now and again, until... well, Marcy had been talking to the toilet for about fifteen minutes. Shibo's suppressed laughs soon died down, and a mild expression of concern was on her face. Uh... was it supposed to last this long? Shibo hadn't accidentally made Amiko's ex trapped forever in a conversation with a toilet, had she?

In the midst of all this, Shibo was thoughtful about that distant expression Amiko was wearing. It was understandable - Shibo had never thought of her as one who'd laugh at immature stuff like this, or pranks in general. But was there different reason for that distant look? Was she still in shock after calling that pizza girl? Was listening to how Marcy asked someone out through the door giving her flashbacks to when they'd first met? Shibo hoped it wasn't the latter.

Amiko's smiles were met with little chuckles from Shibo, though a secretly concerned look was mixed in with some of them. She wasn't sure if each smile was genuine, but they were all doing funny things to Shibo's heartbeat all the same.

Perhaps she should've thought of a more useful thing to write on the piece of paper, but... ah... it was worth getting back at Marcy for condeming Amiko to that fate. Sure, it was luck, but still~. That was karma.

Thankful that Marcy had actually confessed in her own little way and wasn't stuck in an infinite loop of talking to toilets, Shibo opened the bathroom door, preparing to help Marcy out of the room in a princess-esque carry, as she'd probably be cocooned in toilet paper.
"Hehe. Who knew the warlock could be so easily defeated by mere toiletries?" Shibo giggled. "I have to admit, I was pretty worried you were never going to stop talking there. 'Confess to a toilet'... man, I really haven't grown up, have I..." Shibo said, shaking her head with a chuckle.

"Any ideas on how to use that final piece of paper, Amiko? Looks like I've avoided my just desserts so far... heh..." Shibo said, offering a more soft tone when she turned to Amiko. Shibo looked like she wanted to slip in something else, like, 'are you okay, by the way?', but resisted it. There was a fun sort of mood - and although she didn't know if Amiko was enjoying it - she avoided breaking it with a concerned phrase like that.
Marcy seems to take things well. Unlike Amiko, she didn't seem to be embarrassed at all. "You say defeated, but I totally wooed that toilet. I have no idea what the first date will be like, but when I take it to bed, plungers will be involved."

Amiko gives a soft smile, "You say that, but that confession was definitely just like you. You've always been the kind of person who never wants to take thing head on. You'd rather sneak your important objectives through without anyone ever realizing what you were up to. It really is like a warlock."

Marcy blushes in response to Amiko. Unlike her animated, someone tongue-in-cheek response to Shibo, she seems almost tsundere, "Well, naturally. I mean, who just goes up and charges in like an idiot. That's just a good way to get hurt. Getting dumped by a toilet would be a pretty low point in my dating career."

Somewhat introspective, "Yeah, I guess that is probably true."

Marcy realizes her poor choice of learning too late. So she simply lets Amiko respond to Shibo's comment. Amiko smiles softly, "Well, I had an idea, but the pizza is going to be here soon, so maybe we should hold off. I don't really feel..." Amiko doesn't seem steady anymore. There is a subtle, but noticeable tottering motion to Amiko's sway. Amiko still seems to try to pass off as well, "I mean, could I take a small break?"

'Who just goes up and charges like an idiot. That's a good way to get hurt.'
At this statement, Shibo seems to have an apprehensive look about her. Almost as if she's painfully reminiscing something. The look quickly wears off, though there still seems to be a slight wince to Shibo's eyes.

There was still clearly a bit of tension and feeling between the two, and Shibo could certainly feel the excess awkwardness that was radiating from the two once they were done talking. Shibo was about to subtly bring something else up, until Amiko began to swerve about like a tree branch in the wind. Whatever the reason for that was, it seemed like the game would need to be put on hold for a while.

When Amiko spoke, Shibo gave an understanding look in response to Amiko's question.
"No problem. I'm sure this can wait." She mumbled with a little smile. "Whoa, steady. ...Here, do you need to sit down?" Shibo asked, gently helping Amiko stand on her feet. If she wanted to go and sit down, Shibo would help her to a chair. Though, she knew the swaying could mean something else entirely...

'Who just goes up and charges like an idiot. That's a good way to get hurt.'
At this statement, Shibo seems to have an apprehensive look about her. Almost as if she's painfully reminiscing something. The look quickly wears off, though there still seems to be a slight wince to Shibo's eyes.

There was still clearly a bit of tension and feeling between the two, and Shibo could certainly feel the excess awkwardness that was radiating from the two once they were done talking. Shibo was about to subtly bring something else up, until Amiko began to swerve about like a tree branch in the wind. Whatever the reason for that was, it seemed like the game would need to be put on hold for a while.

When Amiko spoke, Shibo gave an understanding look in response to Amiko's question.
"No problem. I'm sure this can wait." She mumbled with a little smile. "Whoa, steady. ...Here, do you need to sit down?" Shibo asked, gently helping Amiko stand on her feet. If she wanted to go and sit down, Shibo would help her to a chair. Though, she knew the swaying could mean something else entirely...
Amiko realizes that she isn't fooling anyone with her act, so she decides to completely collapse all at once. As soon as Shibo places a hand on her, Amiko closes her eyes, falling against Shibo. She hasn't passed out, as denoted by her now heavy breathing, but she definitely doesn't seem like she has the energy to pick herself up. Marcy practically pounces on Amiko, feeling her forehead. Marcy looks relieved, but she still seems to look like something is on her mind. "It looks like she's been exhausted. She gets stubborn like this sometimes. Let's get her in bed. She needs to get some rest."

Thanks to Amiko's small frame and Shibo's high strength, there aren't any problems catching her. She had a small feeling something like this might've happened, which is why she put her arms there in the first place. Looking up to Marcy for help on why Amiko had fainted like that, Shibo seemed relieved - though not fully convinced - that exhaustion was just the case.

"A-Ah... yeah, let's. One sec, I've got this." Shibo quietly replied. Shifting her grip on Amiko, she easily seemed to be able to carry her in a piggyback fashion, trying not to wake her up. Carrying her princess style would be awkward in doorways. "Oof... there we go. I had a feeling something was wrong." Shibo wheezed, looking over her shoulder at the exhausted face. Looking back to Marcy, "Does this usually happen to her? Or is just because of... y'know." Shibo asked, transporting Amiko to her bedroom - and trying her best not to look embarrassed or flustered whilst doing so.

Thanks to Amiko's small frame and Shibo's high strength, there aren't any problems catching her. She had a small feeling something like this might've happened, which is why she put her arms there in the first place. Looking up to Marcy for help on why Amiko had fainted like that, Shibo seemed relieved - though not fully convinced - that exhaustion was just the case.

"A-Ah... yeah, let's. One sec, I've got this." Shibo quietly replied. Shifting her grip on Amiko, she easily seemed to be able to carry her in a piggyback fashion, trying not to wake her up. Carrying her princess style would be awkward in doorways. "Oof... there we go. I had a feeling something was wrong." Shibo wheezed, looking over her shoulder at the exhausted face. Looking back to Marcy, "Does this usually happen to her? Or is just because of... y'know." Shibo asked, transporting Amiko to her bedroom - and trying her best not to look embarrassed or flustered whilst doing so.
Faintly, "I'm fine. I just pushed myself too far. I haven't been eating or sleeping properly, so this was probably going to happen sooner or later. I'll feel better once I can eat." From against Shibo's back, she can feel the inner workings of Amiko's body. Her heart was pounding so hard and her breathing felt so heavy, it felt unreal compared to appearances. Amiko somehow managed to give the outward impression that everything was merely a minor inconvenience. However, from this close, Amiko couldn't simply will the symptoms away. She couldn't mask them from someone able to examine her so directly.

The door rings while Shibo still has Amiko on her back, so Marcy goes after the door. "I'll be right back. Take good care of Ami."

"Sure thing." Shibo replied in near a whisper. Carefully shifting through the doorway, Shibo gave a nod to Marcy, before moving towards Amiko's bed.

For some reason, Shibo paused before taking Amiko off her back, almost as if she was a little reluctant to do so. It was hard to explain why, but Shibo always had a warm feeling inside her when she gave someone else a piggyback. You were carrying their burdens for them... protecting them. Even when hopped on her back just for a laugh, Shibo always found it fun. Was that weird of her? Hell if she knew. After a little pause, Shibo gave a quiet grunt as she laid Amiko onto the bed, folding her arms and giving a somewhat sympathetic yet joking smile afterwards.

"Phew... you really haven't been eating, have you? You're as light as a feather..." Shibo whispered. After a little pause, Shibo moved some of the hair out of Amiko's eyes, before quickly turning away for the doorframe. Her breathing was almost as heavy as Amiko's was for a moment.

"Um... when Marcy brings it up... make sure you eat all the pizza you want. I'm not that hungry anyways."

"Sure thing." Shibo replied in near a whisper. Carefully shifting through the doorway, Shibo gave a nod to Marcy, before moving towards Amiko's bed.

For some reason, Shibo paused before taking Amiko off her back, almost as if she was a little reluctant to do so. It was hard to explain why, but Shibo always had a warm feeling inside her when she gave someone else a piggyback. You were carrying their burdens for them... protecting them. Even when hopped on her back just for a laugh, Shibo always found it fun. Was that weird of her? Hell if she knew. After a little pause, Shibo gave a quiet grunt as she laid Amiko onto the bed, folding her arms and giving a somewhat sympathetic yet joking smile afterwards.

"Phew... you really haven't been eating, have you? You're as light as a feather..." Shibo whispered. After a little pause, Shibo moved some of the hair out of Amiko's eyes, before quickly turning away for the doorframe. Her breathing was almost as heavy as Amiko's was for a moment.

"Um... when Marcy brings it up... make sure you eat all the pizza you want. I'm not that hungry anyways."
Somewhat bashfully after Shibo parts her hair, "You really are sweet, trying to ease things in for me. I already know, you probably didn't expect for the visit to turn out the way it did. I wanted to try to make things more like when you go to visit a sick friend, but I couldn't pull it off in the end. I've been trying to hold this back, but it looks like I can't avoid saying it. So, while Marcy isn't here..." Amiko speaks out with regret, "I couldn't tell her how tired I was after making that confession. I probably ended up this way because of it. I didn't expect to have to do something so draining. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I'm only saying something now so I can control the urge to say it when Marcy gets here."

Sighing with relief, Amiko frowns.

After a pause, Shibo's voice seemed somewhat strained as she talked.
"Y... yeah. I know how hard it can be to ask someone out. Especially if you have to make it all up on the spot like you did... it... it just comes out. And you're not even sure what you said afterwards." Shibo whispered. She seemed really uncomfortable for a moment, before looking sheepish. "I was sort of hoping I'd activate that piece of paper back there. I've been turned down before, so I can handle it."

Shibo seemed to rub one of her eyes for a second, before turning back around, sitting on the end of Amiko's bed again. She looked like she was about to bring something else up, but couldn't, and sort of looked at the floor instead.
"...Sorry." Shibo quietly said instinctively. She didn't know why she said 'sorry', she just did. Even she didn't know the reason for saying it. And now she felt like an idiot, making Amiko uncomfortable for no real reason other than her mouth slipping. "...I mean... ugh. Just ignore me, I'm having one of my idiot moments. Marcy'll be up here with the pizza soon, heh..." Shibo said with a weak chuckle, gently shaking her head at herself.

Amiko shakes her head, "You aren't having one of those moments at all silly. You just have something heavy on your mind, something that you aren't ready to talk about. I'm not psychic, so I can't tell you exactly what that is, but I can promise you this much. I'm sort of like a big sister to a lot of people. I generally think my most important job is to listen to people, and help them work through their problems. I take this job very seriously, and so I've spent a majority of my life becoming the best I can be. I know this probably sounds hypocritical coming from me, but. You don't need to keep those kinds of thoughts to yourself, even if you aren't totally aware of what they are. You'll probably feel better if you have someone to help you tackle those kinds of thoughts. I can be that person."

Shibo looked up, her eyes wide, before she looked down again with a chuckle.
"W-Wow, hehe. After an answer like that, I suppose I'll have to tell you about it, won't I...?" She whispered. Playing with her thumbs for a moment, Shibo took a deep breath, before preparing to get something off her own chest.

"His name was Terry." She began quietly. "...We'd always been great friends, ever since we were little. We were always the two tallest in the class, so we had a bit of a running gag going on, but... anyway." Shibo's feet began tapping on the floor. "This was all a while ago, but... everyone always used to joke that we should go out. We just laughed in their faces most of the time. Especially me, because... here's the thing..." Shibo closed her eyes, before letting it out to the first time to anyone ever: "...I... I-I... I'm not interested in boys. But... nobody else knew that. In fact, I don't think really anybody knows that. And I wanted to keep it that way."

Shibo's breaths seemed a little constricted. Had she really just said that to someone she'd barely known? What was it about Amiko that was so special? ...Nonetheless, she carried on.

"...So I sort of asked out Terry to hide the fact I'm... well, y'know, a lesbian. Sure, I'd never truly be happy with him, but... I enjoyed his company a lot as a friend... so, it couldn't be that bad having to kiss him once or twice, right?" Shibo cleared her throat. Where a blush might've been, it wasn't there at all. "Anyway. We were hanging out one day, and I sort of just... made this big confession out of nowhere. He didn't know what to say... but after a long silence, he basically said no in fifty words. After that, our day out was really quiet." Shibo whispered. She rubbed one of her eyes again.

"...And then, nothing was the same between us as friends. And in sparring, we never really went all out on each other at all like we used to. ...I rarely see Terry anymore. I've regretted the whole thing ever since, because... even if I knew I couldn't have truly loved him, it still hurt a lot when he said no. I ruined everything between us with one selfish and downright stupid act. Just because I'm so childish that I think people won't like me anymore because of my preference."

Shibo was hunched over the bed, biting her lip hard. She was strong enough not to cry about something as stupid as that by now, but it still hurt.

"...So... yeah. There it is. S... Sorry if anything I just said freaks you out. ...I don't blame you." Shibo whispered. Her breathing became more open, as if some sort of pain was choking her before, but now it was released. "...But you're right. It... it does feel... nice ...to finally get it out in the open. ...Thanks for listening."

Status
Not open for further replies.