Sohma Family Curse: Broken?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasey stepped in, glancing around momentarily before walking over behind him and kneeling down slightly, watching over his shoulder. "Anything I can help you with?" she asked curiously, not minding the mess. It reminded her of her own home.

Hatori pointed to two large stacks of papers "start sorting those out by alphabetically last name then start reviewing there cases and put a star net to the ones that are the most serious of cases to the mild ones." He went back to work "if you have any questions just ask and I'm sorry about the mess I'm not used to having people in my room." He blushed a deep red and he thought to himself 'not women who are as beautiful as you."

"Okay." Kasey nodded, moving to the papers and sitting next to them, almost immediately getting to work. "Oh, don't worry about it." She giggled softly, starting to sort them alphabetically, softly humming the alphabet to herself to keep the letters in order in her mind.

Hatori chuckled at Kasey and he kept working he yawned and continued to work for a while after a while he yawned and laid down on his back and took a deep breath and he started to work while laying down. "So are you excited about working at the office?" He glanced over at her and raised his eyebrow.

Kasey, who didn't look up from her organizing, smiled. "Yeah! I can't wait to learn about everything." she glanced up at him. "I'm sure you're going to teach me a lot more than I ever knew." she then looked back down to the paperwork. It was organized alphabetically, and she was now looking over the cases, making sure the serious ones where starred and everything.

Hatori grinned and he looked over at Kasey "I'm not sure I'll be able to teach you everything I know in 5 months but if you do good maybe you can work with me if you want I can hire you its always nice to have somebody ells working with." He closed his eyes and thought about the past for a while. "Hey Kasey can I ask you something." He opened one eye and looked over at her.

Kasey just nodded at his words, pausing as she looked over one file a little longer than the others, as if she was debating something, then starred it. She was listening, but she just didn't say anything. She only glanced up as he asked. "Sure." She said, smiling faintly before looking at the next file.

Hatori took a deep breath "so lets say that you are working late one night and a man comes into the clinic with blood all over him saying that he has been shot. But you can tell by the amount of blood that he is losing that he wont make it what do you do." He looked over at Kasey waiting for an answer this was the question that had always stumped him.

Kasey looked up, watching him a moment. "Well, I would inform him of his situation...I would try my best to help him, and if it doesn't work...I'd explain to his family what happened and speak with them on what should be done with him. If he makes it, then I'd feel pretty proud." She said. "Why?" She asked curiously.

Hatori sighed "because that is a question that I've always been stumped with." He turned his head as the door opened and Mica came in with some tea and she set down the tray it had two cups of tea with carrots and some food on it she turned and walked away and left. Hatori handed Kasey a cup of coffee and smiled at Mica "thank you Mica."

Mica didnt respond she just left the door open and she went down stairs and sat on the couch and held her pet tiger she was glad Hatori had a friend.

"Thanks Mica." She smiled softly. Kasey stared at the cup for a second before taking a sip. "Did it happen to you?" She asked Hatori curiously as Mica left. She wondered why he asked her. Glancing down at the papers, she starred the next one as she waited for an answer, taking another sip.

Hatori sighed and he started to drink his tea "micas mother." Was all he said he saw images of Micas mother on the ground she had finally snapped she couldn't deal with the Soma curse anymore so she had taken her life. He took another sip of tea and shock his head "She took her life after realizing that she couldn't help lift the Soma curse."

"Ah." Kasey nodded quietly, taking a slightly deeper breath. "Is there anything on how to lift it?" She asked, looking up at Hatori before glancing at the door, then at the papers. She glanced over a few before starring two of them, continuing the work, yet still listening.

Hatori sighed and got up and went over to a book shelf where he pulled out an extremley large book and he set it on the ground where he was sitting "This is all we know."

Kasey moved over beside him, looking over the outside of the book curiously. "This is it? Hmm..." she smiled. "Can I borrow this?" She asked, looking up at him with a curious expression.

Hatori took a deep breath and handed it to her "but I'm warning you don't get involved in all this Kasey it's to much for one person to handle alone we found that out for Micas mother and do not go and confront the head of the Soma house that will also lead you down a path you don't want to go down." He looked into her eyes and had a worried expression on his face.

"I want to help..." She said quietly, one hand on the book, the other brushing against his a moment on its way to the book. There was a determined curiosity with a hint of protectiveness. "I want to do everything I can to help..." Her expression almost, almost, looked sad.

Hatori smiled "you already have done something to help you have helped moth me and Mica dont push your elf to do this just for the sake of trying to help our family." He looked down at his hand "Kasey I don't want you to end up getting hurt I dont want anything bad to happen to you at the end of this." He clenched his fists in anger and he had fear in his eyes."

Kasey shook her head. "I won't get hurt. I promise." She put a gentle hand under his chin, forcing him to look up at her. "I promise." She said, completely sincere, completely honest. She set the book in her lap, her other hand resting on top of his fists, her hand never leaving his chin as she looked into his eyes.

Hatori smiled and nodded his head "good because I could never lie with myself if anything ever happened to you Kasey." He gasped and a white cloud formed around him and he turned into a seahorse there contact had lasted to long and he started to flop around in his sea horse form.

Status
Not open for further replies.