So Close, Yet So Far...*Serpentine and york*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I-It's okay. I've never really talked to someone about before is all." she said, attempting to smile but it went away afterward. "Things are pretty complicated at my house. After school, I usually go home, do homework, make my own dinner, and go to sleep without even seeing or talking to my parents. After all, they're usually too busy tearing each other apart, and I'm surprised they haven't literally done it yet. Then, I'm always in between them. One minute I'll be sitting in my room doing homework, the next, my mom or dad is coming in my room, beating me. It's never my fault, they just take their frustrations out on me." Alvie shook her head and looked at the ceiling. She let go of Dante's hand and felt a pang of sorrow. "I just want to leave. They're just strangers to me and I hate it there." she said, her voice cracking as a few tears escaped her eyes. Raising a hand, Alvie tried to wipe them all away and put her hands on her face.

@york

Dante listened with that concerned look still on his face as Alvie spoke, it worried him that even at home she wasn't getting any breaks from all of this, even at home... He himself was just in an awkward sort of relationship with his parents ever since he had been stuck in that cycle of hurting others and even himself just to stay "friends" with Antonio, but now that it was over, perhaps he could talk to them a little. When he felt Alvie let go of his hand and say that she wanted to leave, Dante nodded "I-If it's okay with you... You can stay over at my house for a bit." he said after a moment, he was almost certain his parents wouldn't mind... Actually they'd probably be more than thrilled to see that he was talking to them again, he just hoped they wouldn't make things too awkward. As he talked, he wrapped his hands around Alvie trying to comfort her as he noticed she was crying again.

Alvie felt as Dante wrapped her in a hug and she pressed her head against him. "T-That would be great, your parents won't mind? You don't have to do all of these things for me. Sometimes, I think that just being around me puts you in more danger than you deserve. But, I'm glad you're here. It's all I could ask for." she said softly, closing her eyes, enjoying the embrace as much as she could. Something about Dante made Alvie feel safe, and that was all she had been wishing for. "When do you think is a good time for me to come over?" she asked, dreading the thought of having to go back home.

@york

"I-It's ok... You're the only true friend I've ever had... I-I think it's worth it..." Dante said quietly, he smiled at what she said, he was glad they were both here, he wasn't sure how much he could have taken when he was alone. He felt calm when he was around her, and stronger, along stronger than he was when he was alone, it was an odd thing to feel when he was around someone, but he noticed that he was able to do so much more when he was around her, his actions fueled by that strong emotion he felt inside him even now. When Alvie asked when it would be a good time for her to come over, he responded instantly "After school would be fine I think... My parents won't mind too much." he said looking a little excited, yet nervous about how things will go.

Alvie smiled to herself and felt the happiness spread throughout her body at what Dante said. "Alright. I might need to get my things from home first, though. If you want, you can walk to my house with me and then we can both walk to your's." she suggested, looking up into Dante's eyes. She hadn't noticed that her smile had returned, and it made her even more blissful. The day was turning out better than any other day in her whole lifetime. She was finally leaving her terrible home and had made the best friend she'd ever had...no, it seemed greater than that. She didn't know how to place it, but she felt that Dante was even more important to her than a best friend.

@york

Dante nodded "A promise is a promize... I'm staying with you." he said with a smile, as she looked into his eyes he noticed that she was smiling again, she always seemed so happy around him... Just like he seemed around her, maybe he wasn't the only one having that strange but wodnerfull feeling when they were together. Dante was happy on the inside to finally have company, even at home, but somehow, he knew it wasn't just her company that he enjoyed when he was around her.

Even though she didn't say anything, Alvie was basking in the silence and peace, something she barely had enough of. After a few long moments, the bell sounded in the nurse's office, signalling the end of school. Alvie lifted her head and slowly pulled away from Dante, the pain not even really bothering her anymore. Almost like she had gotten used to it. "I meant to ask, is your arm okay?" she asked Dante, slight worry on her face as she stood up from the bed slowly, keeping a steady hand on the railing. Then, she grabbed her back pack and lifted it onto her shoulder, testing a few steps before she noticed that she could walk normally.

@york

Dante had zoned out for a moment until the bell sounded signalling that school has ended, he felt Alvie slowly pull away from him not seeming to mind the pain she was most likely still feeling; bruises weren't such a pleasant thing to deal with. When she asked if his arm was okay, he nodded "It's a littls sore... But I should be fine." he said with a reassuring smile, standing up with her looking a bit worried as she stood up, unsure if she could walk. As she picked up her backpack and lifted it onto her shoulder, walking a little, he noticed that she was able to walk normally now and smile "I guess those painkillers really do wonders sometimes... Just take it easy." Dante said, warning her a little bit, he wasn't sure how long the medicine would last.

Alvie smiled when she heard that Dante's arm was okay. She would have been upset if it had been worse. When she heard him tell her to take it easy, she nodded and lifted her hand from the railing, taking a few steps. She was a bit wobbly at first, but regained her balance almost immediately. "Okay, I think I'm good." she said, reassuring herself. Clearing her throat, Alvie started towards the office door and opened it. "Just a warning, my house is pretty far." she said to Dante, sending him a goofy smile over her shoulder. She opened the door and held it open for him before walking out. Alvie stretched her arms over her head and felt her sore muscles stretch out and she let them fall to her sides. She scrunched her nose and looked ahead. "I hope my eye doesn't make me look like a clown." she said, turning to Dante, smiling a bit.

@york

Dante let out a sigh of relief when he realized Alvie could walk fine, when she mentioned that her house was quite far from the school, Dante nodded, his wasn't exactly close to the school either. When Alvie gave him that smile, he had to smile back, even if it did seem a little goofy, he made sure to thank her as she held the door open for him, letting him through before she followed after him. As soon as she joked a bit about her bruised eye, Dante couldn't help but smile a little himself "Don't worry... You look far from one." he said, trying to reassure her. Dante peered past Alvie for a moment though looking down at the hall, he had a feeling that Antonio and his cronies would be showing up at some point, unless they were holding off until tomorrow. At any rate, he and Alvie needed to figure out a plan, and find a place to duck down in if things were to get to that point.

Alvie blushed at Dante's comment and smiled to herself. She looked up and noticed he was looking down the hall with watchful eyes. Alvie furrowed her brow and continued walking, making sure to stay next to Dante. Right as they walked out the exit, Alvie heard something that made the hair on the back of her neck stand up. Antonio. It sounded like they hadn't spotted Dante and Alvie yet, so Alvie grabbed Dante's good arm, pulling him behind her. She had started running at a fast pace, a little shocked that she was able to run at all. She figured that it was her fear that fueled her to sprint. Even though she could run, Alvie's breathing became short and harder to take in. She didn't let it slow her down as she kept her hold on Dante's arm, ignoring the pain in her bruised ribs. She didn't want to risk Dante getting hurt possibly worse than last time. She looked ahead of her, determination clear on her face. he wanted to get as far away from them as possible. Alvie had had enough of them today.

@york

When Dante heard Antonios voice, it seems Alvie did too as she tensed up, but before he could do anything, Alvie grabbed his uninjured arm and pulled him behind her, he helped her along by running along with her... Perhaps it was andrenaline that fueled her rapid movements as she was unexpectedly fast, soon enough though Alvie was starting to get tired and she seemed to be feeling a considerable amount of pain, as they were running, Dante managed to carefully sweep Alvie off her feet, holding onto her as they reached the outer gates of the school building. After running for a while longer, he too started to tired out, so he ducked behind a bus stop and put Alvie down, panting a little from the exertion he'd undergone.

Alvie gasped as she felt Dante swoop her into his arms like she weighed nothing. It didn't bother her and she was grateful, knowing that she probably would have fallen, causing Antonio to notice they were there. Dante's breathing became heavier and heavier until they reached a bus stop. She felt as Dante placed her down, looking even more tired than she was. "T-Thanks, are you okay?" she asked, taking deep breaths and looking over Dante, slight concern in her eyes. She seriously hoped that the painkillers hadn't worn off. Twisting her upper body slowly, she sighed in relief, noticing that the medication was still taking effect. Walking forward, Alvie placed a hand on Dante's arm and smiled up at him. "That...was pretty close." she said, looking behind them at the area they had come from.

@york

Dante gritted his teeth a little as his arm started hurting a bit; the painkillers were starting to wear off for him, when Alvie asked if he was okay, he nodded "I'll be fine... It's not a big deal." he said quietly, smiling a little. He was glad that Alvie still felt fine, she had been given some more painkillers which was a good thing for her, when she mentioned how much of a close call that was, Dante nodded "They almost got us again." he said with a sigh of relief. For a moment, he looked around to check for anyone that even seemed like they might try and hurt them before standing up slowly "I guess we should start walking now..." Dante said, he knew if they didn't move on soon, they'd just be giving Antonio and the others enough time to come after them.

Alvie nodded and sighed in relief after hearing that Dante's arm was okay. She began walking beside him, and glanced at his arm. He looked like he was still in pain, and wished she could do something. Instead, Alvie grabbed his good arm and held onto it. She hadn't thought about it before doing it, she just did it. She blushed slightly but matched Dante's pace. She was glad that they had escaped Antonio, dodging another encounter, even if it was only for the day. The relief and sudden peace was evident on Alvie's face as she smiled faintly, her amber eyes scrolling across the scenery. She always did that after school when she had to walk home. In pain or not, it didn't matter. It seemed like the walk to and from school was the only peaceful moments she had. But, now that Dante was there, she thought differently. She was almost always at peace when he was around. She always felt a trace of safety and something else much bigger.

@york

Dante was caught a bit offguard when Alvie grabbed his good arm, holding onto it, but he was used to it by now and smiled again rather than jump, though he was blushing a little. As they walked along, he noticed that Alvie felt just as calm as he did when they were together, she was smiling a little looking at the scenery with her beautiful amber eyes... Wait, where did that thought come from? Dante shook his head a little looking at the scenery along with Alvie quietly, he wasn't sure how long they had left to go to get to Alvies house, but he wasn't too worried about that at the moment. Dante wished this moment of peace for them both could last forever, this was one of the most relaxing moments in his life he could remember...

Alvie looked around and saw the path leading to her house. Without saying anything, she gently pulled Dante down the path and kept walking until it got to the small shack. Looking at it, Alvie was pretty embarrassed about showing Dante, her face heating up. As they got closer, Alvie cringed when she heard the shouting before they even reached the porch. She let go of Dante's arm slowly and sighed. "I'll be right back." she said, smiling a little at him. But, when she turned back to the house, her smile disappeared. Walking up the porch, Alvie walked into the front door, met by shouting that hurt her ears. She just tuned it out and quickly went to her room, gathering her clothes and other belongings into a travel bag. Zipping it up, she heard her door open and looked up in surprise. Her mom looked at her, eyes narrowed. "Where have you been?" she shouted, causing Alvie to flinch. "M-Mom I was walking home." she said quietly, voice shaking slightly. Her mom looked at her bag and started shouting even more. "Where do you think you're going?" she yelled. Alvie slipped the strap of her bag over her shoulder and walked out of her room, ignoring her mom. Her mom followed until she just walked out the front door. Her mom ripped Alvie back by her arm and held her back. Alvie set her jaw and ripped her arm free, ignoring her mother's insults as she walked towards Dante. Her mood was darker now, her mother having ruined it. "You insolent little kid! I hate you, you ruin everything! Such a little pest; Dim-witted wimp!" Alvie ignored them all, her face obviously showing frustration and slight aggravation.

@york

Dante patter Alvie on the head a little encouragingly when they showed up at her house, sure it wasn't the best but he didn't mind... A house is a house, there was no need to be embarassed about it, however he had a worried look on his face when he heard shouting, seeing Alvie cringed he had a feeling he knew what was going on inside. As Alvie stepped inside, he held his breath waiting for her to return, he was worried about her, very worried, but sooner or later, she was walking out the door, but then he saw that her mother was pulling her back. As Alvie yanked herself free, he saw her mother continuosly spew out insults at her for no apparant reason with Alvie ignoring them all... This whole this was starting to irritate Dante, but all he did was say one word rather coldly at her mother "Stop." he said looking coldly into her eyes before he turned away starting to walk on his way towards his home, stopping next to Alvie and patting her lightly on the back to reassure her.

Alvie's mom faltered her spewing and looked at Dante, a little shocked. Then, her eyes narrowed as she went inside, the shouting continuing. Alvie turned and looked, seeing her father walk out of the door, followed by her mother. Both of them were still arguing, and you could see the hatred they had towards each other. Alvie growled and turned away, walking beside Dante. She felt her mood brighten slightly when he patted her on her back. "I guess that's a sign for us to leave." she said, smiling at him. Alvie shifted the weight of the travel bag to her other shoulder and grabbed Dante's arm once again. She secretly hoped that he didn't mind, because it made her feel calmer and she was closer to him, the sunlight shining in his hair and lighting up his eyes...wait, when did that pop into her head? Alvie blushed and looked ahead, wondering why she suddenly had that thought.

@york

Dante sighed as Alvies mom turned and went back inside, the shouting still continued though which he figured wouldn't die down for quite a while, he turned towards Alvie who seemed a little happier commenting that this was probably a sign for them to leave... He nodded to it with a small smile, it calmed him quite a big when she grabbed his arm, he had to wonder sometimes if she was doing these things on purpose because she knew it made him happier. It was an odd thing to feel when he was around someone, but it was specifically around Alvie that he felt this calm, and this happy, a kind of feeling that even his own family wasn't able to generate within him when he was around him. As he looked at Alvie again, he found himself lost in her eyes again, but soon, he noticed she was blushing, and he blushed too looking away... DId she notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.