So Close, Yet So Far...*Serpentine and york*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvie blushed a darker shade of scarlet when she heard Dante. She smiled and nodded, seeing his slight sheepishness. "Well, you're right about that one. He seriously freaks me out, though, to be honest." Alvie said, staring ahead of her. Sighing, she let herself fall back so that she was lying in the grass. "I meant to tell you earlier," Alvie said, "that you have a beautiful singing voice. I know it's off topic, but I thought I should tell you." she said, smiling as she turned her attention to Dante. Even though they only met that day, Alvie felt closer to Dante than anyone else she knew. It was like she knew him for her entire life, almost. If that was even possible. "Do you...think it's possible to just meet someone and feel like you've known them forever?" she asked Dante, raising an eyebrow slightly as she turned her eyes to him.

@york

Dante nodded slowly, at what Alvie said, blushing a little when she mentioned that he had a beautifull singing voice "Y-you have a pretty singing voice as well..." he managed to say feeling himself blush a little. As she continued talking, he didn't mind that she was off topic abvout this. As she asked him a question that seemed to be on his mind a little himself too, he answered it after a moment "I guess so... We never really did meet, but... You can say I feel that way too actually..." he said after a while, he tried not to sound as awkward as he usually did this time though.

Alvie turned, a little shocked by his answer. He had just said what she was thinking. "Really? I think the same!" she said, the joy dripping from her voice. She sat up and put her hands on her knees, smiling brightly at Dante. "Funny how things turn out, right? I mean, after everything before today, I have a feeling that I should have some sort of anger towards you, but there isn't any. Not that I want to be mad at you or anything. I guess it was just your personality and the way you are. If I would have met you in different circumstances, I would've never thought that someone like you would ever roll with people like Antonio." Alvie was talking more than usual, so she stopped, clearing her throat, blushing darker, if it was even possible. "U-Uh, sorry." she said, laughing a little. "Sometimes I tend to talk too much when I really like what I'm talking about." Alvie blushed and stopped, realizing what she had just said. She hoped he didn't notice that she had said she liked talking about him, or thinking about him.

@york

Dante himself looked joyfull when Alvie said that, smiling more than he usually would, as she continued to talk, he started to blush... "I guess I was pushed into it..." He admitted, stopping for a moment before continuing "I just... Didn't want to be alone, even some bad friends were better than none... But then..." he stopped, starting to smile again "I was the one to lead them away from that storage room... That was when I started to realize maybe I was better off without them... I guess finding your journal finally gave me the courage to do what I had felt I needed to do..." he said quietly... He noticed Alvie was starting to blush when she had finished talking herself, could it be because... Dante stopped himself there, he wasn't entirely sure where those thoughts were going, but at the same time, he had the feeling he should know by now. Looking towards Alvie and thinking about it for a moment, that feeling he got within him whenever he was around her, might just be be the same one she was feeling for him right now... The only problem was, he wasn't sure himself what that feeling meant just yet.

"I guess that's something we have in common. But it's kind of different for me, I guess you could say. I never liked being alone, yet I stood my ground and ignored everybody who bullied me, even when it hurt." Alvie paused and listened as Dante explained how he was the one who lead the gang away from her earlier that day. "Wait, that was you?! Now it makes sense, but I was so confused, trying to think of who might have helped me." Her eyes brightened as she talked, the feeling inside her heart and stomach returning, filling her with a strange kind of warmth. When Dante mentioned her journal, Alvie pulled it out of her back pack and flipped open to her earlier entries. "Yeah, I could see how this would give you courage. When I'm feeling down, I read over these over and over, never getting bored of them. It's like, each time I read them, I read them for the first time. If that makes any sense." Alvie explained, stopping at a pretty rough page, filled with furious emotions and writing that was almost impossible to read. "Ah, I remember this one...this one actually makes me more upset than encouraged, though." Alvie said as her eyes skipped over the lines, bits and pieces of the entry catching her eye. "It was when Antonio had started really hurting me." was all Alvie said as she looked up from the pages and back at Dante, smiling softly. "The good thing though, is that this terrible memory's in the past."

@york

Dante noticed that Alvie looked happier now that they both realized how much they could both relate, but yet they had reacted differently to their feelings, perhaps because they were each given differnet opportunities and were treated slightly differently by Antonio. As Alvie pulled her journal out of her backpack and started to flip to her earlier entries, Dante couldn't help but look over her shoulder, reading the entries along with her, as she talked, he found that he could indeed relate with her quite alot in the sense that you never get bored of reading the entries. When they reached a page where the writing seemed a little more rough than it usually was, it was rather clear that she was having a particularly rough day, as she explained what had inspired her to write it he nodded himself. "I guess he was really having a rough day himself... He tends to take his anger out on the best targets he could find..." Dante said with a sad sigh, then he looked towards Alvie, putting a hand ontop of her head gently "I promise... If it's the last thing I do, I'll make sure something like that will enver happen again... Somehow..." he said, he knew Antonio was very persistent with bugging Alvie, but he'd figure out a way to permanently end his troublemaking one day, however all he needed to do was wait for the right opportunity to arise.

Last edited:
Alvie smiled warmly at Dante when he placed his hand on her head. A slight blush rose to her cheeks, but it didn't bother her because she was so happy. "You don't know how long I've been waiting for someone to say those words." Alvie's voice cracked a little, but she just cleared her throat and took a breath. "Thank you, so much." She said, looking into Dante's eyes sincerely. Alvie lifted her hand and placed it on his arm, closing her eyes as happy tears rolled down her cheeks. In her mind, she was somewhat at peace for the time being.

@york

Dante felt himself blush a little when Alvie looked into his eyes with that sincere look, instead of avoiding eye contact like he normally would, he looked back into her eyes with his own. His own eyes contained a look of kindness mixed with happiness, he felt a sense of self confidence again mixed with determination. Noticing that Alvie was crying, he took out an unused napkin he had held onto at lunch and gently wiped them away. The look on her face told him they weren't tears of sadness, but quite contrarily, tears of happiness.

Alvie sat there as Dante wiped her tears away gently. Just as she opened her mouth to say something, the bell rang. Alvie furrowed her brow and stood up, wiping the grass from her body. She had only one more class before she had to go home. The thought shot a pang of sadness through her. Shaking her head to clear the thought, Alvie turned her eyes to Dante, smiling once again. "So, where are you headed?" she asked, picking up her back pack. Just as she raised it, the strap snapped and her books went falling to the ground. Alvie gave out an exasperated groan and bent down, quickly stuffing her things back into the bag. Behind her, she heard snickering and turned her head to see random kids laughing at her. Alvie turned her head back to her bag, hesitating, before stuffing more things inside forcefully.

@york

"Literacy... How about you?" Dante asked with a hopefull look on his face as he started to pick up his own backpack... As he did so he heard a snapping sound as Alvie's backpacks strap broke and her books came tumbling out. Ignoring the snickering going on in the background, he started to help Alvie pick up her belongings again. "I guess we should tend to that... I can bring some tools to sew that together tomorrow if you want..." Dante offered inspecting the broken strap, he knew he'd need to find some stronger string though, perhaps fishing line would do if he didn't have any.

Alvie finished stuffing her books back into her book bag, smiling at Dante as he helped her. "Thanks." she said, lifting the bag by the other strap. "I'm pretty sure I have Literacy next too." she said, her mood brightening to it's full capacity. She listened as Dante offered to bring sewing tools tomorrow and nodded. "That would be great! We could work on it sometime during lunch or something." she said, lifting the bag strap to her shoulder and adjusting it slightly. Looking around, Alvie saw the other students entering the school again, headed for classes. "I guess that's our cue." she said, pointing ahead and marching forward, head cast to the ground.

@york

Dante was relieved when he found that Alvie was happy again, he could tell by her smile and that cheery mood she was in. They both noticed that other students were entering the school signifying that they needed to head off to class, he nodded when Alvie states pretty much what he was thinking... She looked a bit sadder though as she walked forward, so he rushed after her until he was by her side, patting her on the shoulder. Putting an arm around her or something just wouldn't fare too well in the eyes of the public...

Alvie felt a hand gently pat her shoulder and she turned, eyes wide before realizing it was only Dante. She laughed a little at her own silliness and continued walking forward, keeping a cautious eye out for Antonio's group. She just had a feeling that before going home, something will happen. Something not very good. Then again, Alvie always thought that ever since Antonio's bullying started. causing her to always be in a state of caution. Now, she was a little relaxed. Alvie gave Dante a smile when she remembered about going home. Home was the last place she wanted to go. Not with her parents fighting and always breaking things, screaming so loudly that it was hard for her to sleep at night. This time, Alvie didn't shake the memory from her head as she kept walking, keeping watchful eyes ahead of her, a frown replacing her smile.

@york

Noticing Alvie seemed a little sad again not too long later, Dante decided to speak "I-If you're ok with it... Can we walk home together?" he asked her quietly, others hopefully didn't overhear him say that. Thinking of home, it reminded him of his own life back there which wasn't the worst but at the same time he didn't really communicate with his parents too much. Sure they talked, but, he spent most of his days shut up in his room doing his own thing, usually thinking, or reading, or keeping himself occupied with videogames or music, sometimes even drawing and sewing. Ever since he'd hit his teenage years and he had been in Antonios group, that's just how it's been, but he could never really understand the reason why...

Alvie shot her head up when she heard Dante. She nodded and her smile returned. "Of course! Anything's better than walking alone." she said, turning the corner to the hall with the Literacy room. Alvie raised an eyebrow when she saw the hallway pretty much deserted. "Where is everybody? I could have sworn that we had Literacy next." she said, confusion layering her voice. "Is everybody already in class?" she continued asking out loud, to both Dante and herself. In that moment, Alvie was utterly confused.

@york

Dante frowned, he had a bad feeling about all of this... The halls were empty sooner than expected; was there an assembly? Was this some sort of twisted plan Antonio had concocted? He wasn't entirely sure, but he stood as close as he could to Alvie getting himself ready for whatever may be coming their way. Something told him they were to get their answer too, was he just paranoid or was something really really wrong here... "I don't know..." Dante responded to Alvies question quietly, he too was a bit confused to say the least.

Alvie opened her mouth to reply to Dante when she was yanked away from him. She gasped, eyes widening as she looked at him in shock, even a little fear. Then Alvie felt a rough impact as she was thrown to the floor. A groan escaped her as she felt pain on her hip and shoulder where she had landed on it. "What...?" Alvie looked up and saw a boy looking down at her with a twisted smile. She gulped and felt her eyes widen as pure fear ran through her body. She had seen this boy before. He was the boy in Antonio's group that always beat up Alvie when he could. Alvie watched as the boy leaned towards her face, his twisted smile widening. "Well, long time no see." he said softly, but loud enough for Dante to hear. His voice was almost excited, causing Alvie to close her eyes, shaking tremors beginning to roll through her body.

@york

Dante wasn't so sure what was happening, he looked towards the direction Alvie had been pulled towards only to find one of Antonios "accomplices" smiling in a twisted way at Alvie who was on the ground... He'd had more than enough of these pests by now, and their constant appearance despite both of their efforts started to make him mad... Really really mad. As the anger rose up in him, he called towards that boy with a voice that was much louder than the one he usually used. "HEY! Over here!" Dante yelled wondering if that boy would pay him any mind, if he could just draw his attention, he might be able to figure out a way to stop all of this; all he needed to do was get him away from Alvie...

The boy snickered to himself and placed a gloved hand on Alvie's cheek, his eyes dangerous. "Just one moment, doll. Daddy George is gonna take care of that little pest. Then, how about we play a game?" George's voice was menacing, a crazed look in his eyes. Alvie could tell that what he said, he meant. Alvie whimpered and closed her eyes as George jerked his hand away from her face roughly. Then, he turned, gazing at Dante, a smile growing. "What are you doing bothering my doll? Can't you see that her daddy's here to take care of things?" as George said it, Alvie recoiled in disgust, her eyes wide. "That's alright. She'll be fine once you're out of the picture, little hero." George used big strides to close the distance between him and Dante, his eyes clearly showing he was somewhat mental. "G-George, stop!" Alvie cried out, her voice projecting through the hall. George stopped, his eyes still on Dante, forming a plan in his mind.

@york

Dante had that look in his eyes once more, the look of anger they posessed was there again, he raised his fists already knowing what George was about to attempt which was to hurt him... Since there was probably a camera around, all he had to do was defend rather than attack, and he knew how to do that perfectly well. It shouldn't take too long for security to get here; though something told him they weren't much to rely on considering the fact that they've never intervened with anything that happened to Alvie, it was unlikely they were going to do much here either. However if he could just hold out long enough for class to start, just maybe things will get better, he wasn't about to walk away from this one... He'd already promixed Alvie that no matter what, he'd not let these fools hurt her, ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.