So Close, Yet So Far...*Serpentine and york*

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvie was lost in thought, her blush darkening. She decided to glance at Dante and saw that he had started blushing as well. A shot of embarrassment ran through her and she was thinking so many things at once. 'Did he see me looking at him?' 'He might think I'm acting weird...' she thought, biting her lip as she continued looking over the scenery. Just then, that feeling returned. The happy, fuzzy, tingly feeling in her stomach. Alvie still couldn't place it, but she was well aware of Dante. Deciding to take the risk, she looked over him and noticed how the light captured in his eyes and how it shined off of his hair. The sun just seemed to light up his features, causing Alvie to blush darker, if it was even possible. Deciding to distract herself, she grabbed her hairband and began putting her hair up in it's famous messy ponytail. She was getting worked up for some reason, but it wasn't an unpleasant feeling. After she was done, Alvie let her arms fall down to her sides and she began humming unknowingly, swinging her hands gently as she walked.

@york

Dante was looking around for his house, they were almost there, he could tell because the entire neighborhood he was in currently was starting to look very familiar to him. As he continued walking, he noticed Alvie was humming again, swinging her hands as she walked... He smiled; it brought him alot of joy to know that she was happy right now, as she started putting on her hairband, he noticed that they were close to his house, he could see it looming more or less in front of them. It wasn't too big, and it only had one floor, 2 including the basement, but it was big enough to have an extra room here and there. When they drew close enough Dante pointed at it "That's my house... Just ahead." he said suddenly, hoping he didn't startle Alvie too much.

Alvie jumped a little and stopped humming, looking at the house Dante pointed at. "Oh...it looks so nice!" she said, eyes widening in amazement. She was almost giddy with excitement as they were nearing the house. Not only was it nice, it was big. Alvie lifted her head back to try and see the top of the house. "Are you sure I can stay here?" she asked, turning to Dante and lifting her eyebrows. The difference between their houses was humongous. "Wow..." she said quietly, her eyes scanning the yard and just everywhere around it.

@york

Dante smiled and blushed a little at Alvies reaction, he was glad she liked it though. When she asked him if he was sure it was ok to stay over Dante nodded "We have a guest room... My parents won't mind." he said with a smile, he noticed Alvie seemed surprised at the difference between their houses which was understandable... He didn't think her house was too bad though, minus the argueing parents, as he approached the front door, making sure Alvie was following, he knocked on it upon getting to it, waiting for someone to answer it. His mother did, smiling a bit "I see you've brought a friend!" she said her smile widening, it was strange of her to do this sort of thing, perhaps it was because he'd finally brought someone home with him... Dante just nodded rather than speaking.

Alvie felt a little nervous as Dante knocked on the door. The nervousness went away when the door opening, revealing a smiling lady. Alvie smiled brightly, just thinking that she probably looked like a real mess; bruises and a black eye. "H-Hi, I'm Alvie." she said, feeling nervous again as she held her travel bag. She hoped that Dante's mom wouldn't look at her and think she was going to cause trouble. Rather, it was the trouble that seemed to find her. Alvie looked behind Dante's mom and saw a bit inside the house. It was clean and looked cozy and welcoming inside.

@york

Dantes mother didn't seem to mind the state Alvie was in, she just seemed... Happy, like nothing in the world was wrong what-so-ever. "Hello Alvie! You're welcome to stay as long as you'd like! I'm glad to say Dante has finally made a friend!" She said cheerily, Dante just nodded again, glad his mother didn't say anything that would embarassed him "I guess father's not back from work yet." Dante said, his mother just nodded. His father had a strange work schedule but he was always home around dinner at the latest. Remembering he was going to fix Alvies backpack strap, he started to head upstairs waiting for Alvie to follow suit, the materials were upstairs, and he knew where to get them, but first he needed to get her settled in the guest room.

Alvie smiled, feeling the contagious happiness from Dante's mother pass on to her. She walked in and followed Dante up the stairs, seeing him wait for her. Alvie followed Dante into what was the guest room. She looked around and saw that it definitely bigger than her room at home. Setting down her travel bag, she walked around the room, smiling with joy. Alvie looked back at Dante and walked up to him, giving him a tight hug. "Thank you so much, Dante!" she said, her eyes and voice reflecting the excitement she felt on the inside. Alvie hadn't been there long, but already, she could feel the welcoming atmosphere. What a home should really feel like.

@york

Dante blushed when he recieved a hug from Alvie, she looked very happy about what she saw as was enforced by her thanks and that cheery look she had on her face, despite the awkwardness, he smiled shyly "N-no problem... I-It's nothing, really." he said. Then, he remembered he still needed to fix Alvies backpack "I'll be right back, I need to get some things; we've still got to fix your backpack." he said before heading over to the his parents room opening the drawer full of needles and thread. It disappointed him that he didn't find any thread to fix Alvies backpack with, but the fishing line was also stored here so he picked up a bundle of it along with a needle and headed back to the guest room holding onto it.

Alvie nodded as Dante left the room. While she waited, she decided to unpack. Pulling out her clothes, she put them in the drawers and took out a few picture frames, putting them on the night stand beside the bed. She looked deeper inside her travel bag and found her silver chain necklace holding a ruby, slipping it around her neck. Alvie smiled and put her hand on the necklace as she looked in the almost empty bag. She pulled out her music box she received from her grandmother and turned the key on the back of it. The small tune filled the room as Alvie finished packing her clothes away, humming along. At least some parts of her childhood weren't too bad. She turned, hearing Dante enter the Guest room, holding materials for sewing her backpack. Alvie smiled upon seeing him and grabbed her backpack as she sat on the bed.

@york

As Dante entered the guest room, he noticed that Alvie had been unpacking while he was gone and a strange but beautifull tune filled the room, he looked around a bit noticing a music box being the source of it before he turned to Alvie. He approached her being as carefull as he could with the needle so he didn't prick anything without meaning to, then, he sat down beside her and tied the end of the fishing line strand to the needle, starting to sew the strap back on with it. It was easier to do since the string had snapped giving him holes to put the needle through and soon enough, he was finished and severed the string with his teeth having forgotten to grab some scissors, he tied a knot on each end to make sure it doesn't come loose again. Then, looking over the job he had done, he nodded a little "I think that'll do." he said after a moment of silence, smiling a bit.

Alvie smiled as she watched Dante sew. He was amazing at it, considering she had never really thought of taking up the hobby. As he worked, she watched the movements of his hands, almost like she was in a trance. When she heard him finally speak, Alvie shook her head, smiling up at him. "Thanks a lot! You're amazing at this type of thing. How did you learn?" she asked, grabbing her bag gently from Dante's hands while raising an eyebrow. Alvie turned to her bag and inspected it seeing the fine sewing work, causing her to smile.

@york

Dante blushed, but smiled as tested out the strap, when he heard Alvie speak, it thankfully seemed to be fixed, to answer her question, he talked a little "I guess I took it up as a hobby... I spend alot of time on my own here." he said a little sheepishly. He had always kept himself locked up in his room for most of his days passing his time by doing his own thing, today though it seemed things have changed, and not for the worse, but for the better.

"Oh, well that's good! You learned to do something you're good at!" Alvie said, staring at Dante in awe. She laid on her back, the bed soft and welcoming. She looked up at the ceiling and smiled. "So, what do you usually do? I don't really want to bore you or anything by just sitting here. I'm pretty sure you might want to do something yourself, right? I mean, I don't want to take up your time if you want to spend time by yourself." Alvie sat up again and ran a hand through her hair sheepishly, blushing a little. Now that she was staying at Dante's house, the last thing she wanted to do was be a burden, considering he had already done so much for her. She didn't want to take up his time if he wanted to do something by himself; have alone time if he needed it.

@york

Dante nodded with another smile, Alvie seemed to feel rather at home here which was a relief, but seh seemed to feel a little bad for taking up his time "Don't worry about it... It's usually pretty boring around here but I find things to do." he said with an encouraging smile, he noticed she was blushing. "I guess we could draw... If you like drawing that is." Dante said after a moment of thinking, he looked towards his room where he had hung up various drawings of all kinds, it was just another hobby he had taken up during his time alone. He didn't mind however that Alvie was over, in fact little did he know it, but he really could use her company, despite all the time he had spent alone, he had always wanted to show someone else his work, but he was afraid the "friends" he had would just tear it up or something. Alvie however, he knew wouldn't do such a cruel thing, he trusted her... And she was different from them, a true friend, more than that...

Alvie nodded eagerly. She wasn't very good at drawing people or animals, but she liked drawing plants, things like that. She followed Dante's gaze as he looked to his room. Alvie smiled and stood up. "Could I see your drawings?" she asked, looking down at Dante. She wasn't sure if he would let her, wanting to keep it private, but she was really curious to see what he drew like. Despite not knowing how to draw, she loved seeing other people's artwork. "I mean, you don't have to, but you seem like someone who could draw really good." Alvie said, laughing a bit.

@york

When Dante heard Alvie ask if she could see his drawings, he nodded looking quite excited "I've always wanted to show someone." he said with a shy smile before he stood up himself with a childish sort of joy. He started to walk out the door, waiting for Alvie to follow him first seeming to be more than a little energetic about this all of a sudden. His room wasn't all too far away from the gues room, in fact it was just across from it, and from the doorway, a few drawings could be seen peeking past the half open door.

Alvie followed Dante, sharing his excitement. She'd never seen this side of him before, and realized that she liked it. Alvie giggled and went into his room, her mouth dropping open in awe. On his walls hung different types of pictures. She thought they were really good, better than she's ever seen. "Oh...my...gosh! It's so amazing! I've never seen anything like it!" she said, her eyes light with joy as she scanned all of the pictures. Alvie sat down on Dante's floor and continued looking at the endless pictures. Sure, that was exaggerating, but she loved them. "You're so talented!" Alvie breathed, her smile growing.

@york

Dante felt himself blushing but smiling quite alot "Thanks... You're pretty talented too you know..." he said quietly remembering when he heard her sing... Not to mention her journal, sure it was private stuff, but she was a wonderfull writer, reading her words, he didn't have any problem understanding what she was trying to convey, it was almost like he was living the events. He looked towards Alvie, thinking for a moment before he picked up a blank piece of paper and began drawing.

Alvie blushed a little, smiling at Dante's compliment. She watched as he grabbed a piece of paper and began drawing. Alvie couldn't help but watch him as he moved his hand across the paper, almost as if it took no effort at all. Her eyes seemed to be glued watching, before she shook her head and grabbed a piece of her own. Alvie sat there and looked up at the ceiling, thinking of something to draw. Her skills were mainly on creating imagery through words instead of illustrations, so she could see the images in her mind, it was just harder for her to translate it onto paper. Alvie furrowed her brow and her eyes drifted back to Dante. She thought is was amazing how he could just start drawing, having a clear idea already in his mind. Alvie, on the other hand, wasn't quite sure what to do, so she began to doodle weird looking creatures on the margins. Then, an idea came to her head. She began a rough sketch of a flower in mid-bloom. It took her quite a while, since she was trying to do as good as Dante, but she knew she couldn't even come close to his skill.

@york

As Dante continued drawing, the picture was beginning to take shape; a smiling girl amongst a field dotted with flowers, it was a line drawing which he'd color in later, but right now... It was actually turning out better than he had expected, looking over his shoulder for a moment, he noticed Alvie was drawing a sketch herself, a flower in mid-bloom, and he had to admit it looked beautifull. As he turned back to his own drawing, it was pretty much finished, he started coloring the picture in starting with the field, as he moved onto and finished coloring the sky and clouds as well, then he started to color in the hair of the girl he was drawing... The color was an beautifull shade of amber, the same color Alvies hair was.

Status
Not open for further replies.