So Close, Yet So Far...*Serpentine and york*

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by Serpentine, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Her flaming ginger hair flying behind her, Alvie rushed down the hallway, trying to escape the kids behind her. Her lungs were burning and the muscles in her legs were screaming at her to stop. 'Just a little more...' she thought roughly to herself, turning a corner. Wit a breath of relief, Alvie saw a storage room up ahead and quickly ran to it, opening the door and closing it quickly. She took in deep gasping breaths while holding a hand to her chest, her eyes closed as the sound of her heart was beating against her chest and in her ears. For the time being, she was safe and narrowly escaped from another possible beating.

@york

• Love Love x 1
  2. Dante Meyer was at the front of the group of kids also running after Alvie, however he'd only really been part of this group due to the effects of peer pressure... He couldn't help it; he hated being alone, being left out, being without the company of others, and unfortunately, this was the only way he knew to get rid of that fear. Usually he didn't pick on her much until he was pressured to, but, sometimes, he was forced to, other-times, he too was lost in the moment, and he often felt guilty afterwards, very guilty, still, seemingly stupidly, he kept chasing her until he saw her duck into the storage too, locking the door behind her.... He sighed a little, stopping not too far from it, unsure of what to do.

• Love Love x 1
  3. Alvie sat on the floor in the corner of the storage room, clenching her eyes shut as warm tears slid down her face. Despite the fact that she was crying, she was staying silent, and she was thankful for that. Outside of the room, Alvie could hear the footsteps come to a stop as the group stopped by the storage room door. She bit her lip and brought her arms up over her head, waiting for them to start banging on the door. Inside, fear was bubbling from the pit of her stomach and clawing up her throat. Then, her fears were confirmed when she heard the loud banging start on the door. Alvie gasped and pressed her head against her knees and clenched her eyes shut, putting her hands over her ears.

@york

• Love Love x 1
  4. Dante sighed, he was standing to the side not banging on the door, but at the same time he didn't want to go away just yet; everyone wouldn't go easy on him after he did that. He just stood here, watching until the sounds of footsteps drew his attention, looking over he couldn't quite catch who the person was running down the hall, but he pointed towards the direction the footsteps were going and called out as loudly as he could. "Over there! She ran over there! This door was just a ploy!" He said, honestly wanting to go somewhere else, he couldn't exactly stand doing this for much longer, even he had his limits.

• Love Love x 1
  5. Alvie gasped as she popped her head up, hearing a boy's voice. He was telling the group that the storage room was a decoy, and she felt her heart leap in relief. with a sigh, Alvie close her eyes in sudden relief, letting the relaxation sweep over her. There, she waited for a few minutes as they group skeptically mumbled and went running don the hallway. This time, she was sure to be safe. With a thankful laugh, Alvie reached up a hand and wiped the drying tears from her cheeks. 'What a good way to start the school day.' she thought, starting to stand and dust off her jeans.

@york

• Love Love x 1
  6. Dante rushed off with the group a little nervous what would happen if they realize that they've lost track of Alvie, but just then, the bell rang signalling everyone better get to class... Silently relieved, Dante started to make his way to his class; he's got all he needed for this one in his backpack after all. However he remembered he also had a class with Alvie this morning, so there was that to worry about too, so, slower now he started to walk off to class. The halls were almost deserted as most people had made it to class already by the time he got to his classroom door, opening it up, he walked over to his usual spot and practically plopped down with a small sigh.

• Love Love x 1
  7. Alvie gasped as she heard the bell ring. She grabbed her backpack and opened the storage room door, running down the hallways. Her legs were still sore from running only a little while before, so she wasn't running as fast as she could. Then, the tardy bell rang, making Alvie's heart thump nervously. She hated arriving to class late. Everybody always turned to stare at her when she walked into class after the bell. Almost as if she was the odd one out. Well, she was, but their looks were something like that. With another gulp of air, Alvie arrived in front of her classroom and paused before entering, catching her breath. Standing up straight, she put a strand of ginger hair behind her ear and walked into the classroom, most of the eyes in the room turning to look at her. Alvie gulped nervously, eyes wide, before turning her attention to the teacher. She immediately bowed. "I'm sorry, sir. I was caught up in something and lost track of time." she excused, feeling a small bead of sweat forming on her brow, the result of running all the way to the classroom. The teacher turned and gave Alvie a stern look before telling her to go sit down. Alvie sucked in a breath and walked quickly to her seat in the back, avoiding everyone's glances. What she had told the teacher wasn't all true, but some of it was. She was just glad that he hadn't asked any more questions about it. Pulling out her journal, Alvie started writing down serious things into it, her face becoming a type of emotionless expression as she wrote.

@york

#7 Serpentine, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
    • Love Love x 1
  8. When Alvie finally walked in, Dante glanced at her a bit, but then looked away, he didn't want to stare, yet he also didn't want to appear weak either. So he just sat there, staring off at the blackboard for a while until he dared to look towards Alvie who was now at her desk as usual, taking a closer look though, he realized she was writing in what looked like a journal. It interested him to some extent as she always had that emotionless expression when she wrote in it, this definitely wasn't one of the things he was going to share with anyone if he were to be honest with himself... It would be for the best not to give the other bullies more reasons to pick on her, they always find some other one to do so anyways.

• Love Love x 1
  9. Alvie continued to write in her journal when she felt eyes on her. Lifting her head, she looked at the front of her class and saw the teacher narrowing his eyes at her. Alvie gulped and sank in her chair as the teacher walked towards her. She gasped as he snatched the journal from her desk and pointed it at her. "Miss Renolds, if you cannot pay attention in my class, then we can have a student teacher meeting after classes are over. I'll see you today right when school ends. We have a lot to talk about." he said sternly, eyes narrowed. Alvie looked around the room and saw the other students looking at her and snickering. The teacher ignored them and turned walking away, along with Alvie's journal. "Wai-wait, sir, my journal-" she started, starting to stand up. The teacher turned and cut her off. "You can have it after school, Miss Renolds. Now have a seat." he said, waiting until Alvie sat back down to continue teaching his class. Alvie started taking notes and felt tears well up in the back of her eyes, but she pushed them back. She dropped her head silently onto the desk and stayed silent.

@york

• Love Love x 1
  10. Dante looked elsewhere when the teacher noticed Alvie writing in her journal, this particular teacher never gave warnings before he dealt out punishments unfortunately. He sighed, feeling more than a little pity for her, he found it odd that the class found this sort of thing funny honestly, but he didn't say anything, he just stared off at the blackboard some more. Soon enough though, curiousity got the better of him and he glanced towards the teachers desk where he tended to put things that he confiscated, and sur eenough, the journal was laying there... Come to think of it, he was rather curious what made her want to write in it that seemed more important that class itself? He had to know, but how? The teacher wasn't going to take it's disappearance very lightly, then, looking into his backpack, he found that he had the same journal as hers, except it was empty. However the teacher wasn't supposed to read that thing anyways, it was against the schools policy, so perhaps he could swap them out at the end of class? In either case, he turned his attention back to the teacher as he continued teaching until the bell finally rang, signalling they were dismissed, he just hoped the teacher would be distracted long enough for him to even attempt what he was thinking of.

• Love Love x 1
  11. As the bell rang, Alvie snapped her head up and quickly stood, grabbing her papers. She slung her back pack over her shoulder and rushed to the front of the class, going to grab her journal. Instead of grabbing it, someone cleared their throat, making her stop. "Miss Renolds, I think we had a meeting before I allowed you to have your journal back." the teacher said. Alvie slowly drew her hand back and she nodded, looking around the room nervously. "Follow me." he said walking to the door of the classroom. "Class dismissed." he called to the other students before opening the door and walking out. Alvie followed, gripping her back pack strap tightly, worried about what was going to happen. The teacher turned and went into the staff room, holding the door open for Alvie. Alvie walked in and stood awkwardly, waiting. "Take a seat, Miss Renolds." he directed, pointing to a chair directly in front of the one he started to sit in. Alvie walked over and sat down, casting her eyes down at the oak wood table. "Now, Miss Renolds, about your behavior..." the teacher started his scolding session.

@york

• Love Love x 1
  12. Looking at what Alvie was doing, Dante was almost certain she would be able to get her journal back, but of course their teacher stopped her before that could happen... As their teacher dismissed the class, Dante walked over quickly with his backpack in hand and appraoched the teachers desk cautiously. He quickly switched the two journals temporarily, walking behind the classroom door which was open for the time being, he started reading it wondering exactly what was in it. However occasioanlly he looked around just incase someone else would come up unexpectedly, he'd rather not be caught red handed doign something like this, he'd return this thing after his curiousity was satisfied.

• Love Love x 1
  13. Once the meeting was over, the teacher stood up and brushed off the front of his suit. "Now that we've gotten that across, you can have your journal back." he said, starting to walk out of the staff room. Alvie followed silently and was glad the teacher didn't call her parents. When they arrived in the classroom, Alvie rushed forward and grabbed the journal off of the teacher's desk. She bowed in front of the teacher. "I'm very sorry sir, it will never happen again." she apologized before standing upright again. The teacher smiled a little and nodded. "I hope not, Miss Renolds. You are one of my brightest students and I wouldn't want your grades dropping because you aren't paying attention in class." he said, sitting on his chair. Alvie nodded and smiled a little before waving and walking out of the door. She hadn't bothered to look at the journal in her hand as she started walking down the hallway. As she turned a corner, familiar voices reached Alvie's ears and she looked up. There, she saw the group of boys that always bullied her. Instantly, Alvie's face paled and her mouth went dry as the leader turned to look at her. His eyes sparkled with amusement. "There she is! We didn't get to talk earlier, now did we?" he asked, walking forward with some sort of pride. He stopped in front of Alvie and lifted his hand, curling her ginger hair around his finger. Alvie shivered in disgust but couldn't move. She was frozen with fear. "Aw, don't be scared. We won't hurt you...too hard." he said, chuckling a little, along with the others. The boy pulled his hand away from Alvie's hair and made it into a fist, pulling his arm back. Alvie watched as his fist started flying forward, towards her face. She clenched her eyes shut and flinched waiting for the impact.

@york

• Love Love x 1
  14. Dante had just about finished reading Alvies journal, his face practically pale now... It seemed Alvie was indeed having more troubling dealing with this than he had at first though, he doubted he could continue any longer if he were to be truly honest with himself, but how was he going to put a stop to this? Just then, he heard Alvies voice and looked out from behind his hiding spot just in time to see her grab what she thought was her journal "Not good... How am I supposed to return this thing now?" he thought to himself before suddenly, he heard the voice of that dreaded group of boys that were always picking on her. "I take that back... At least they won't get their hands on her Journal." He though, quickly stuffing it into his backpack and zipping it up quietly just as who seemed to be the leader of them started to intimidate Alvie clearly intending to harm her, Dante was unsure of what to do for a moment, he wasn't very strong not every intimidating... So that left him one option. He started to walk towards the door as the boy started to make a fist, increasing his pace as he did so until he came between Alvie and that boy, inevitably; he felt the pain of the blow as he was punched, probably not on purpose by that bully. When he fell to the floor, holding his right arm from the resulting impact, he managed to look up at the translucent sphere that indicated a camera had been watching them the whole time, he managed to crack a small smile; at least what happened here wasn't going to go unnoticed this time...

• Love Love x 1
  15. Alvie heard the impact but felt no pain. She opened her eyes and gasped, putting her hands over her mouth as her eyes glanced from the bully to the boy on the floor. She watched as the boy's eyes looked up at a camera on the ceiling. "Antonio, man we gotta run!" one of the boys called to the leader. Antonio glared down at the boy on the floor and lifted his leg to kick him. Alvie fell to her knees and grabbed his leg, pleading him to stop. "Stop! You've already hit him!" she kept repeating, looking up to see Antonio turn his glare to her. One minute he was just looking at her, the next she felt pain blossom on the side of her head as he kicked her instead. Alvie clenched her eyes shut and yelped, holding her head. Opening one eye, Alvie saw one of the boys grab Antonio's arm and start pulling him away. "You better be lucky, Renolds. Next time you won't be so lucky." he snarled, turning and running with his friends. Alvie held the tears back as her head throbbed painfully. The pain had went down after a couple of moments and she was able to open both eyes. "A-Are you okay?" she asked faintly, the struggle of talking making her head throb even more.

@york

#15 Serpentine, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Knowing what was coming next, Dante braced himself for another impact, but unexpectedly, he heard Alvie's voice pleading for Antonio to stop... "Why... Even after all I've done to her..." He thought, confused, he slowly opened his eyes just as Antioni kicked her in the head instead of him, it made him regret not being strong enough to prevent it, but at the same time, he knew Antonio was going to get into more trouble now. As the group ran off, he was surprised to see Alvie run over to him despite the pain she was probably feeling, as she started to recover she asked him if he was alright. "I... I should be asking you that." He said quietly, managing to smile a little again, he looked off towards where Antonio and the others had run off, perhaps now that the school had seen what they did, he could finally do something about it. Why hadn't he thought about it before? He was afraid of being alone, but at the same time, when he read Alvies journal, it dawned upon him that there were others like him too, but, what set him and her apart was that she was a target for others to take out their own pain on, a plaything... Just like he was, but in a different way.

• Love Love x 1
  17. Alvie shook her head, her ginger hair moving as well. "I'm fine, I guess. Thanks. But why did you do that? You could have gotten hurt even worse." she said, her amber eyes looking over him, a little worry clear on her face. She wasn't one to randomly worry over others, but this was different. The boy had blocked the punch from Antonio and was now hurt because of her. Alvie furrowed her brow as she looked over the boy. A feeling of familiarity came from him, but she couldn't put her finger on it. She had seen him before, but she couldn't remember here. "Um, what's your name?" she asked, trying to make the situation less awkward. Alvie sat down and crossed her legs, starting to put her ginger hair into a slightly messy ponytail.

@york

• Love Love x 1
  18. "It's my way of saying sorry..." Dante said quietly, then, remembering the journal he still had he pulled it out of his backpack, fumbling with the zipper a little before he fianlly gave it to her. "I-... I've done some pretty dumb things just to be included really." he added, Alvie looked like she was trying to remember something, then she asked him his name "Dante... You know... The class klutz." Dante said quietly, just incase his name itself didn't ring any bells. This was the first time he actually got a proper look at Alvie, sure her hair was a little messy, but otherwise, she didn't look half bad to him.

• Love Love x 1
  19. Alvie watched as the boy pulled out a journal that looked exactly like hers. She furrowed her brow in confusion as she grabbed it and flipped the pages. Her eyes widened as she realized it was hers. "Where did you get this? I thought-but-" Alvie was stumbling over her words as she felt her face redden in embarrassment. She looked up and heard the boy tell her his name and that he had done some dumb things. "Dumb things? Like what?" she asked. Then, the boy's name clicked in her head. Dante. One of the boys that bullied her quite often. "You...you're with that group, aren't you?" she asked, eyes narrowed slightly in a type of glare, but it was obvious that she was still confused.

@york

• Love Love x 1
  20. "Not really with... Just... Dragged along honestly." Dante admitted, he figured he'd get back on topic though "As for your journal... I had one like yours and... I..." he went quiet not entirely sure if he should say anymore "I guess you could say I was curious." he said, looking a little embarassed himself. Just then, the warning bell rang telling them both they needed to head to their next class "We'll talk later." he said quietly, grunting a little as he got up; his arm was definitely going to be bruised for a while but he couldn't worry about that now; he couldn't afford to be late to class.

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.