So Close, Yet So Far...*Serpentine and york*

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvie started humming as she finished drawing. She very gently wrote a name above the flower, using curls and elegant swoops of her wrist. As she finished the name, she grabbed a blue crayon and began coloring in the flower, adding purple to give it something extra. She might not have been very good at drawing, but she loved to color. Soon, Alvie opened her mouth and began singing under her breath as she started coloring the rest of the flower. Finally, she got to the name and grabbed a black, outlining the letters darkly with it. Then, she grabbed a red and began filling in the letters, blending yellow into it as well. When Alvie was finished, she pulled her hand away and looked over her work, smiling proudly. Above the flower, the letters came together forming a name: Dante. Deciding to do some little touch-ups, Alvie grabbed her pencil and erased all of the lightly drawn doodle monsters to where they weren't visible on the page unless you looked closely at it. Grabbing the paper, she held it against her chest, keeping it a secret from Dante until he was finished. As she waited, Alvie continued singing softly as she looked over her drawing once again.

@york

Dante was finally finished, but this drawing needed a name, so he flipped it over, thinking for a moment before he wrote "The prettiest flower of them all" he couldn't describe it in any other way... It was a good thing he wrote it on the back of the picture, he wasn't sure what Alvie would think as he drew her as he had always imagined her, without the bruises or the pain on her face, happy. He smiled a little looking at it before finally picking it up and turning to Alvie, he noticed she was holding her own drawing to her chest and that familiar feeling within him arose again. Despite this, he knew he had to show her his picture, he blushed a little as he held it out to her; it was a picture of her smiling, the field of flowers were around her, she was wearing a light brown dress, standing out beautifully from the rest of the flowers. The sky behind her was bright blue with light fluffly clouds floating in the background. Dante looked a little nerbous about how Alvie would react, but he wasn't about to let all of his work go to waste just by "wimping out" as Antonio would say.

Alvie watched as Dante turned to face her, looking a little nervous. She grabbed the picture from him gently as he handed it to her. Alvie scanned her eyes over it and felt her heart thump and her cheeks go red. She felt...happy. No, more than happy. It was hard to explain it, but the feeling she usually had around Dante seemed to expand and fill her body. Alvie gasped and brought a hand to her mouth as she looked at the beautiful picture, beyond speechless. It looked just like her, except she was happy and no emotional scars were evident on her face as she smiled. To be honest, it was the nicest thing anybody had given her. Alvie looked up from the picture, eyes wide as she looked at Dante, her eyes slightly filling with tears. Except, these tears weren't tears of pain or sorrow...they were tears of happiness. Slowly, Alvie moved toward Dante and put her arms around him in a hug. Nothing could beat how happy she was at that moment. "I-It's perfect...thank you." she managed to say. Then, she remembered her picture and pulled away from Dante slowly, picking up her own picture. She sniffed and smiled at him, holding the paper to him. "It's not as amazing as yours, but..." Alvie trailed off as she watched Dante. 'But I put a lot of feeling into it...' she thought silently to herself as she waited for his reaction, biting her lip nervously as she furrowed her brow.

@york

When Dante felt Alvie hug him he closed his eyes for a moment, smiling... That warm and fuzzy feeling was back again this time, but stronger, alot stronger, when he heard her thank him, he could only nod and holder her closer... Soon enough, she pulled away from him, and held out her own picture, she looked a little worried as she said it wasn't as amazing as his, but as he looked at it, it felt practically perfect to him, ever color, every little detail, and his name spelt out in the prettiest writing imaginable to top it all off. The flower looked better than anything he could draw himself, it amazed him that someone was able to compare him to such a beautifull thing, it made him happy inside, and it made that feeling within him grow even stronger. He smiled "I think it's even better than mine... I've never been able to draw a flower quite like this one." he said giving her a hug himself this time, one filled with alot of emotion and happiness.

Alvie was actually quite surprised by Dante's reaction, but hugged him back nonetheless. "R-Really? Wow, I never thought that it would be that good. I'm really glad you like it." she said, laughing a bit as she blushed. Honestly, she could have stayed there in his embrace and not think about anything. Turning her head, Alvie glanced outside of Dante's window, sunset already beginning. Instead of pulling away from Dante, she just continued hugging him. She didn't really know how him and his family went about things. Like, when they have dinner, that sort of thing. Finally, Alvie pulled away from Dante gently and smiled up at him. "Uh, so what now?" she asked, drumming her fingers in a repeating rhythm on Dante's floor.

@york

Dante smiled, he enjoyed the embrance for a moment before Alvie pulled away from him again eventually asking him what would happen now, he was about to suggest something but his mother was calling "Dinners ready!". Looking over at Alvie Dante smiled, this time a little sheepishly "I guess we have an answer." he said starting to walk downstairs, he made sure to wait for Alvie though before he headed off... He could smell the food already; his dad should be home just about now, but sometimes it takes him a little longer, he might not be home at all today with work and all.

Alvie stood up and followed Dante down the stairs, the aroma of food making her realize how hungry she was. She went to the bottom of the stairs and walked towards where she had heard Dante's mom's voice. Alvie stood to the side, not really sure what to do. Did they sit at a kitchen table together, or did they all usually split up to eat dinner? She smiled nervously as she looked at Dante, shrugging her shoulders slightly.

@york

Dante looked over to Alvie who looked noticeably confused as she stood there, seemingly a little nervously shrugging her shoulders a little, it made him remember that he didn't tell her how dinner usually works, he felt himself blushing a little. "Y-You can sit down anywhere you like." He said awkwardly motioning to the dinner table, it was often more polite to let a guest pick a seat first, that was something he'd been taught since he was little, his mother smiled a little at them looking like she knew something.

Alvie smiled in relief when Dante told her that she could sit anywhere. Walking forward, she sat at one of the side chairs, scooting up to the table. "Thank you for taking me in. I'm very thankful, and I hope I'm not being a burden." Alvie said to Dante's mom politely, a little nervous. Even though she grew up in a home where no manners whatsoever were visible, Alvie had taken the responsibility of learning them herself. She knew that she wouldn't be there right then if Dante's mom hadn't let her stay. As she sat, Alvie put her hands in her lap and looked around the room with interest.

@york

Dantes mother just smiled tilting her head to the side a little bit "You're welcome to stay as long as you'd like... Any friend of Dantes is a friend of mine!" she said cheerily. Dante smiled a little and nodded in response, silently relieved that this was the case, he decided to sit next to Alvie at the table, looking towards the door for a moment half expecting his dad to come walking in. "I guess dad's working late tonight... He'll probably be home sooner or later." He said quietly, thinking out loud by accident, he looked towards Alvie with a smile noticing she was rather curious about what was in the room.

Alvie turned her eyes from the room and looked over at Dante. "Your mom is so nice..." she said quietly, putting her chin on her hand. With a small smile, she turned her eyes from him and drummed a quiet rhythm on the tabletop, not wanting to disturb Dante's mom just in case she didn't like the noise. "I would say that today was rather eventful, wouldn't you?" Alvie asked jokingly, rubbing her bruised eye slightly. Surprisingly, the painkillers still hadn't worn off, not that she was complaining. "Oh, is your arm still sore?" Alvie asked, her eyes glancing at Dante's arm. In one day, it had been dislocated twice. The thought made the hair on the back of her neck stand up.

@york

Dante blushed but he nodded "She's always like that." he said with a smile, it was true, even in worse times, she was like that... It was a very contagious thing really, she was always so posotive. When he heard Alvie jokingly talk a bit about what happened today, Dante nodded, laughing a little "Yeah... You could say that." he said, with a smile. Despite the pain they had both endured, he had found someone that didn't make him feel so alone all the time, someone that would never make him hurt someone else just so he could still hang around them. When she asked about his arm, he nodded "It still hurts, but it should go away soon." he said, trying not to move it much in the meantime; on the bright side, it didn't seem to impede his drawing skills too much despite it still hurting a little.

Alvie nodded in relief. "Oh, that's good. I would have been worried if it was worse. Today's been such a long day, especially with Anto-" Alvie stopped when she heard the front door open. She stopped mid-sentence and her eyes widened. Then, Alvie shook it off, closing her eyes and taking a breath. "Wow that scared me. I was afraid that before I even started talking about Antonio, he had walked into your house. How embarrassing." she said, cheeks slightly reddened as she covered her face with one hand, obviously embarrassed. "Sorry about that." she said, taking her hand away from her face as she laughed a little. But, she couldn't help but glance toward the room where the front door was. She had a feeling it was probably Dante's dad, but Alvie was always nervous when she heard noises without seeing anything. It often brought up bad memories she wanted to keep in the back of her mind.

@york

Dante turned too when the door opened, realizing his dad was home, but turning back to Alvie, he noticed she looked quite scared so Dante reached over and patter her on the shoulder a little noticing she looked embarassed now. "It's alright... I guess I was a bit scared there too, heh." He said looking a little embarassed, his dad was starting to walk in now, and he was thankfull his father didn't arrive early enough to see all this occur. Eventually a man still dressed in a black suit with a white undershirt and a red tie walk in with a black suitcase, he almost seemed like a steriotypical business man there. Eventually, his father noticed Alvie and looked a bit surprised before waving to her not seeming to mind the bruises "I see Dante finally did it! I always knew he would." he said, flashing Dante a quick thumbs up before walking towards the dable, sitting down, his mother did so too at about the same time. "It's good to have you home Dan... We almost thought you were working late again." "You too Tay! It's always nice to be home... And I see you've made a wonderfull meal yet again!" he said. They continued to talk with each other seeming perfectly content with it despite having a guest over, from the names they adressed each other by, it was quite obvious how Dante got his own name.

Alvie smiled slightly and waved back to Dante's father, feeling more reassured after Dante had patted her shoulder. She listened as he and Dante's mom greeted each other by their names, making Alvie smile even brighter. So that's how Dante had gotten his name. As she continued to listen, Alvie noticed that they seemed like the stereotypical loving family that people always talked about. Honestly, it made her happy inside. She was glad that Dante had a caring place to go to when he left the tortures of school. Unlike him, Alvie often wished for a family other than her own, but she learned to stick with what she had. Alvie shook the thought from her mind as she focused on what was happening at the moment. She turned to look at Dante and smiled, raising her eyebrows. Instead of talking, though, Alvie just looked at the table, listening to the conversation around her, smile unwavering.

@york

As his own parents continued talking, he glanced over at Alvie again, feeling a little guilty, but when he saw her smile, he looked a bit relieved... His parents seemed to have begun eating as they talked, so Dante started as well, beckoning for Alvie to join in with a welcoming smile. The food was quite delicious this time around, he could tell his mother tried twice as hard today because a guest was over, he smiled a little making a mental note to thank her later... She's always done things like this for them which they returned the favor gratefully, he made a mental note to make his mother something special, but he wasn't too sure what it was just yet.

Alvie looked over and saw Dante give her a welcoming smile as he began eating. She picked up her fork and took a bite of the food, her eyes slightly widening in amazement. Alvie looked up from her plate and then back down, continuing to eat. It was probably the best meal she had eaten. Of course, mainly because she had to cook for herself, so she didn't exactly know how to make such delicious food. Alvie smiled in delight as she took another bite. It was obvious that talent ran through Dante's family, considering all of the things that his family could do. Alvie was so caught up in her thoughts, that she realized she had finished eating. Usually, she did things when in deep concentration or thought without knowing it. She stood up and picked up her plate, heading to the kitchen to wash her plate. She couldn't stand not doing her dishes at someone else's house.

@york

Dante eventually finished up eating himself and headed over to the kitchen where Alvie was washing her dishes, deciding to join her. He was thinking about what was in store for them tomorrow, what Antonio had planned; he'd need to prepare himself for another fight, andrenaline could only get him so far. Another thought popped into his head though, what was that feeling he always felt around Alvie? It wasn't quite like the feeling he felt around his family, but neither was it something he usually felt around anyone... So there was only one thing left, but he couldn't quite remember the name. It was something he hadn't felt in so long, but maybe he'd remember later on, for now he stood there, waiting for Alvie to finish cleaning her own plate with that feeling lingering around inside of him.

Alvie hummed as she washed her dishes, putting them away afterward. She turned and saw Dante standing there, having washed his dishes. "Oh, hey!" she said, smiling brightly. She didn't know why, but the brightest feeling always filled Alvie's entire body when she was near Dante. It wasn't something she had felt before, and it was only there when she was around him. She didn't mind it, but it wouldn't hurt to know what it really was. As Alvie walked towards him, that fuzzy, tingly feeling suddenly aroused in her stomach, traveling through her limbs. She looked out the window nearest her and saw that the sun was already gone, the moon in it's place. She smiled up at Dante. "So, hat now? Do you usually go to bed at this time, or...?" Alvie asked a little awkwardly.

@york

Dante waved back with a bright smile as Alvie turned towards him, noticing him and greeting him, they both seemed to look out the window roughly the same time after standing there a bit, Dante had that feeling again; he figured he'd sleep on it... His dreams often revealed the answers he was looking for so it was worth a shot, he noticed that the moon was rising in the night sky, it gave him a serene feeling as he glanced up at it, this was something he'd draw a picture of later on. When Alvie suddenly spoke, asking if he usually went to bed at this time, Dante nodded "I guess so." he said, looking a little awkward himself, he yawned a little, feeling a bit tired, but not as tired as he usually was; he felt like he wanted to spend moretime with Alvie, but if she was tired too, he didn't mind heading to bed either.

Status
Not open for further replies.