Small pokemon Rp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer nordic relevance? So I'm not the most helpful, lol. The mixture you suggested is fine by me, though, I would lean more towards Canada geography and climate wise, just to switch things up.
Yeah that's what I was thinking and then more japan like cities

Reactions: mango
Still open to one more?

Also, Alola 'mons allowed? Kinda looking for Pokemon RPs that allow the new Gen 7 mons.

is cosmog exempt from the obligatory no legends rule

With the Canada-inspired geography, is a Japanese architectural theme really fitting? @Lutalica suggested a more nordic vibe, which I'd be very excited for.

With the Canada-inspired geography, is a Japanese architectural theme really fitting? @Lutalica suggested a more nordic vibe, which I'd be very excited for.
Mixing and matching is something Pokemon does to its world. Being too loyal to the real world isn't too wise. Kalos has heavy French inspiration, but it is a fictitious region, not France itself.

T-Rexes in France? Koalas in Hawaii? Kangaroos in Japan?

Also, it appears that all 6 spots are claimed and I have arrived too late. If you ever need a minor character/spare/etc, feel free to ring up.

I'll probably linger for a bit regarding your little worldbuilding session, then buzz off.

Mixing and matching is something Pokemon does to its world. Being too loyal to the real world isn't too wise. Kalos has heavy French inspiration, but it is a fictitious region, not France itself.

T-Rexes in France? Koalas in Hawaii? Kangaroos in Japan?

Also, it appears that all 6 spots are claimed and I have arrived too late. If you ever need a minor character/spare/etc, feel free to ring up.

I'll probably linger for a bit regarding your little worldbuilding session, then buzz off.

True, but it sticks to its French guns. (Unlike the French, ironically.) I think that if we want a theme for the region, we should stick to it and really give it a tangible effect on the world. That's what made Gens 5-7 feel so good. They each felt like their own place, as opposed to some sort of Frankenplace.

Obviously, these are just my two cents on the world building discussion. I fuckin' love Pokémon, so I'll play whatever, wherever.

Well you all a nice conversation when I was away.

As for how it would be built there are a number of options we could go though. As for doing a Nordic region I'm just not really sure how i'd work out since I know pretty much know nothing, though I will do research if it's chosen. *Idea light-bulb* Extremely weird how I had one while writing this, but I just had an idea, now it's gonna sound weird.

Has anyone ever played skyrim, if so, I was thinking maybe we can use the geography skyrim has and put the towns in a more modern setting, but still keeping some of the same aspect of the Nordic architecture.

Johto and Sinnoh have a good mix of rural and modern. We could do something like that - have 'modern' cities and 'rural' or 'traditional' outskirts.

Based on Sinnoh, places further from Mt Coronet seem more 'advanced' and places nearer to it seem more 'traditional' to preserve the natural order and all. Sunnyshore is REALLY far from Coronet.

Mostly, anyways. Canaclave is close to Coronet.

Maybe the region could have its own giant centre mountain to aid in defining 'traditional'/'rural' areas and 'modern' areas. We'll also be able to use this to acquire different Shellos/Gastrodon.

Since we're world-planning, should we throw Alola forms into the formula? Biomes and all.

Last edited:
When I was writing up the oc before everyone started talking, this was the pic I was gonna use as the base of the region as you can see it has an assortment all in it's own.
nameless_pokemon_regions_map_by_wooded_wolf-d5ppkm2.png

• Love
Reactions: mango and Eon
More water than Hoenn.

And Alola for that matter. Plenty of water is a good thing for me. A fair deal of biomes too for catching all kinds of Pokemon. The only biome missing is a volcano, but I'm sure you can put that on an offshore island.

The amount of water in your map heavily appeals to me.

Reactions: Eon
Johto and Sinnoh have a good mix of rural and modern. We could do something like that - have 'modern' cities and 'rural' or 'traditional' outskirts.

Based on Sinnoh, places further from Mt Coronet seem more 'advanced' and places nearer to it seem more 'traditional' to preserve the natural order and all. Sunnyshore is REALLY far from Coronet.

Mostly, anyways. Canaclave is close to Coronet.

Maybe the region could have its own giant centre mountain to aid in defining 'traditional'/'rural' areas and 'modern' areas. We'll also be able to use this to acquire different Shellos/Gastrodon.

Since we're world-planning, should we throw Alola forms into the formula? Biomes and all.
I do really like the idea of the contrast of new and old.

If we do go with the idea of "Canadian" or "Nordic" geography would it be mostly snowy/cold or would there be different areas with drastically different climates like Snowpoint City in Sinnoh?

With the new map, the 'Mt. Coronet' could be the vast waters that seperate the region. Maybe different kinds of Gastrodon thrive in different sides.

Maybe have the Moss rock on the upper landmass and the Ice Rock on the lower landmass.

In Alola, the peaked mountains are all snowy, so it could be snowy on the mountains on the bottom right too.

Yeah, those mountains, those could be where to place the more rural stuff, like villages and vast wilderness. When I think Nordic, I think people.

On mountains.

In snow.

Is anyone here good at coming up with city descriptions if so I'd like some help with the map.

There were more mountains than I thought. Personally, reducing or flattening some of the mountains on the upper, blue-marked landmass would prove to provide more possibilities as to placing towns and cities. Personally I'd leave the lower landmass unchanged in that regard. Overall it's up to you.

I generally see it as more mountains = less futuristic, so an alternative is sticking to this and taking advantage of this trait to make the region feel a little more 'traditional' as a whole.

Here's what I think - the Dark Blue zone and lower areas of the light blue zone could be the more 'technologically advanced' areas while the upper areas of the light blue zone would either be 'rural' or 'more attuned to nature'. The orange zone looks very nature-filled in my opinion, so 'rural' or 'more attuned to nature' fits.

I think that gives a good idea of what goes where.

Last edited:
Is anyone here good at coming up with city descriptions if so I'd like some help with the map.

I'm pretty good at that sort of thing. We should talk.

SHnzyTD.png

Alright, let's see...

1 - This is a good place for a 'Starting' town.

2 - The town after crossing your first route. This could be the place for the Laboratory to acquire your starter.

2 - The town after crossing your first route. This could be the place for the Laboratory to acquire your starter.
See the only problem I have with that is shouldn't we get our pokemon before going on any route? @Eon said he'd want to be the group mentor, so what if he brought the pokemon to us, just an idea.

See the only problem I have with that is shouldn't we get our pokemon before going on any route? @Eon said he'd want to be the group mentor, so what if he brought the pokemon to us, just an idea.
That's been kind of a thing for a while - having the lab be in the next town. It happened in XY and SunMoon, and if I remember correctly - BW too, with towns seperated by a single Route 1.

Of course, that could work too, with a person who possesses a Pokemon guiding you all through.

We could go four ways based on your words, possibly more:

1. Doing things the Gen 1-3 way, where the lab is in your hometown.
2. What you said.
3. Like in SunMoon, the Professor personally visits you
4. You find the Professor in Route 1.

There are arguments to be made either way. It depends on whether we're trying to evoke a classic or more modern feel.

I envisioned my mentor character as being a gym leader/elite four, so that way there could be be some really intense, emotional battle involving him later.

That's been kind of a thing for a while - having the lab be in the next town. It happened in XY and SunMoon, and if I remember correctly - BW too, with towns seperated by a single Route 1.

Of course, that could work too, with a person who possesses a Pokemon guiding you all through.

We could go four ways based on your words, possibly more:

1. Doing things the Gen 1-3 way, where the lab is in your hometown.
2. What you said.
3. Like in SunMoon, the Professor personally visits you
4. You find the Professor in Route 1.
well what you said about the lab being in the next town is correct but what ends up happening is someone brings the pokemon to you. So I'm honestly not really sure. What if we do like something a bit similar to the anime in the fact that in x and y the lab is attacked, by team rocket, and in the fray we end up using the pokemon to battle also being similar to the older games. We could also say that on our way to the lab we met the professor and he personally takes us there.
There are arguments to be made either way. It depends on whether we're trying to evoke a classic or more modern feel.

I envisioned my mentor character as being a gym leader/elite four, so that way there could be be some really intense, emotional battle involving him later.
Oh okay that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.